Boxing thread

Where goats go to escape
C69

ASMO wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:11 pm If Joshua doesnt put Wallin away comfortably he wont be taken seriously by any top 5 fighter.
Tbh he is a joke
Blackmac

Well those two fights explain why the stadium was empty.
Big D

People get way too polarised on Joshua. It was a good solid performance against an opponent who had only lost to Fury who stopped Wilder 5 months later. Wallin isn't a top 5 heavyweight so it isn't an indicator Joshua is ready to beat the top 2 in the division but it was a better performance from him. Both can be true.

Lots of people online flip flopping opinion on heavyweights. It was only two fights ago people were questioning whether Zhang had it after losing to Hrgovic (neither looked amazing no matter what way the result went). Now he's seen as a big threat after beating Joyce who also split opinion.
Blackmac

Tyson Fury just needs to do the decent thing and properly retire. The latest postponement is so utterly predictable and looks dodgy as fuck. His sparing partners elbow must be like a precision cutting instrument to inflict such a cut with headgear on.
Gumboot

Blackmac wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:50 am Tyson Fury just needs to do the decent thing and properly retire. The latest postponement is so utterly predictable and looks dodgy as fuck. His sparing partners elbow must be like a precision cutting instrument to inflict such a cut with headgear on.
Hard to believe you could fake a cut like that.

It's been a while since we had a meaningful heavyweight title fight, let alone a unification bout.

Hope these guys eventually get it on.
Blackmac

Gumboot wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:06 am
Blackmac wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:50 am Tyson Fury just needs to do the decent thing and properly retire. The latest postponement is so utterly predictable and looks dodgy as fuck. His sparing partners elbow must be like a precision cutting instrument to inflict such a cut with headgear on.

It's been a while since we had a meaningful heavyweight title fight, let alone a unification bout.

You would think so but certainly lots of speculation about it. The video of it happening looks very suspect, especially given the style of headgear he is wearing. That area looks very well protected.
fishfoodie

Blackmac wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:22 pm

You would think so but certainly lots of speculation about it. The video of it happening looks very suspect, especially given the style of headgear he is wearing. That area looks very well protected.
Avoiding a drug test ?
Blackmac

fishfoodie wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:53 pm
Blackmac wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:22 pm

Avoiding a drug test ?
Just avoiding Usyk potentially.
Gumboot

Joseph Parker vs Zhilei Zhang kicking off shortly in Riyadh.

It's the last fight on the Joshua - Ngannou undercard.
Gumboot

Another smart, gutsy fight by Parker. :thumbup:

Let's see what the judges say...
Gumboot

Joe deservedly wins it on points, despite being dropped twice.

Top effort, that - his best win yet.
Big D

Jesus christ. What was the ref doing letting that go after the 2nd knock down. Ngannou was clearly done and all the ref did was line him up.for AJ to belt him.

Ngannou played a stulid game in that 1st round by changing stance and won a stupid prize.
Oxbow

That's what should happen when you stick a novice in with a seasoned pro. Fury take note.
Tichtheid

I see Tyson is returning to the ring, again, fighting some YouTuber guy. He’s expected to earn in excess of $10M for it.

What a “sport”.
Blackmac

Tichtheid wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:51 am I see Tyson is returning to the ring, again, fighting some YouTuber guy. He’s expected to earn in excess of $10M for it.

What a “sport”.
Yep. Absolute joke of a sport these days, although hopefully he still has enough to spark that idiot.
Gumboot

Canelo Alvarez vs Jaime Munguia just about to kick off in Vegas...

https://www.vipbox.lc/boxing/canelo-alv ... uia-1-live
Gumboot

Meh, Canelo cruises to a unanimous points decision.
sefton

Watch Loma in the early hours, as ever it was a joy to watch him. He is, along with Roy Jones Jnr, the most gifted pugilist I have had the pleasure of watching in my lifetime.
Blackmac

sefton wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 1:41 pm Watch Loma in the early hours, as ever it was a joy to watch him. He is, along with Roy Jones Jnr, the most gifted pugilist I have had the pleasure of watching in my lifetime.
It's a pity he fights so rarely. He can only have fought 4 or 5 times in the last 4 years.
Hugo

Not to be too pessimistic but I've a feeling this Fury-Usyk fight will be a damp squib.

I hope I am proven wrong because I am certainly looking forward to it, its just their respective styles look like they will not be conducive to a fun fight. Both technically too good.
TedMaul

I’m predicting a Usyk total shut out. Outclassed AJ and Fury looked a real dud against Ngannou. He’s too quick and too competent. This is the end for Fury.
Gumboot

Also reckon Usyk will win.

The ring walks have just started so we should get kick off within the next hour or so...