Dinghy arrivals / asylum seekers / gimmegrants

Where goats go to escape
Insane_Homer

ymx.png
ymx.png (126.97 KiB) Viewed 1621 times
“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true.”
Blackmac

I see the head of Border Force has highlighted the fact that they have detected numerous asylum seekers flying home for the holidays. 😂😂
Ymx

Blackmac wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:25 pm I see the head of Border Force has highlighted the fact that they have detected numerous asylum seekers flying home for the holidays. 😂😂
I saw some asylum seeker (on a forum) who was annoyed with their lawyer as the lawyer had suggested it not best to fly back to Pakistan to a friends wedding. So instead to travel via another country.
derriz

Ymx wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:48 pm I saw some asylum seeker (on a forum) who was annoyed with their lawyer as the lawyer had suggested it not best to fly back to Pakistan to a friends wedding. So instead to travel via another country.
Have you a link to this forum discussion?
SaintK

Ymx wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:48 pm
Blackmac wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:25 pm I see the head of Border Force has highlighted the fact that they have detected numerous asylum seekers flying home for the holidays. 😂😂
I saw some asylum seeker (on a forum) who was annoyed with their lawyer as the lawyer had suggested it not best to fly back to Pakistan to a friends wedding. So instead to travel via another country.
I'm sure that's the sort of bollocks you were searching for!
Ymx

derriz wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:40 pm
Ymx wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:48 pm I saw some asylum seeker (on a forum) who was annoyed with their lawyer as the lawyer had suggested it not best to fly back to Pakistan to a friends wedding. So instead to travel via another country.
Have you a link to this forum discussion?
It was Twitter screenshot. Found it again.

derriz

Is there no link to the original actual forum? I'm a little suspicious of screenshots posted on twitter.
Insane_Homer

"on a forum" becomes "a twatter screenshot"

Very credible :lol:
“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true.”
Sandstorm

Insane_Homer wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:44 pm "on a forum" becomes "a twatter screenshot"

Don’t take the piss out of Your Right Wing Mother. She’s very credible.
Ymx

derriz wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:33 pm Is there no link to the original actual forum? I'm a little suspicious of screenshots posted on twitter.
From here. You are free to not believe it, if it helps you.

Guy Smiley

anonymous member wrote:Hi everyone,

I have an enormous penis and $13 Million dollars. I inject caffeine straight into my scrotum. My chest hair has been harvested, refined and used to reinforce the hull of the space shuttle.

My question to you all is,

should I wear contrasting shirts with light coloured slacks for smart casual gatherings and,

when voting, it's always best to make sure you vote for the Right wing candidate because Lefties arggllhhll
It's totally legit.
Ymx

Sandstorm wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:01 pm
Insane_Homer wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:44 pm "on a forum" becomes "a twatter screenshot"

Don’t take the piss out of Your Right Wing Mother. She’s very credible.
And Merry Xmas to our South African (Jewish peace concert goers deserved it) antisemitic.
Sandstorm

You always mis-read the room. Always. It’s almost a gift.
derriz

Ymx wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 5:47 pm
derriz wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:33 pm Is there no link to the original actual forum? I'm a little suspicious of screenshots posted on twitter.
I guess it does help but probably in the opposite way you intended.

It's another twitter account posting the same image you did. I googled the author, to see if she might be credible, but all that popped up was her being exposed for falsely claiming kids in Surrey were being threatened with expulsion for not recognising another kid's self-identification as a cat. Which doesn't really inspire confidence in her a source.

Genuine question, do you really believe a real Pakistani refugee wrote that?

I mean, the story is promoted by someone previously exposed as a liar. Google doesn't seem to be able to find any primary source for it. And the text does NOT read like anything a non-native English speaker would write.

And I'm genuinely curious, does it matter to you whether something like this is true or not?
Ymx

derriz wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:29 pm
I guess it does help but probably in the opposite way you intended.

It's another twitter account posting the same image you did. I googled the author, to see if she might be credible, but all that popped up was her being exposed for falsely claiming kids in Surrey were being threatened with expulsion for not recognising another kid's self-identification as a cat. Which doesn't really inspire confidence in her a source.

Genuine question, do you really believe a real Pakistani refugee wrote that?

I mean, the story is promoted by someone previously exposed as a liar. Google doesn't seem to be able to find any primary source for it. And the text does NOT read like anything a non-native English speaker would write.

And I'm genuinely curious, does it matter to you whether something like this is true or not?
She’s also someone who was directly abused/raped by the grooming gangs. It’s strange that this was not the main thing you found out about her. I have no idea about what she said about the cat thing. But there does appear to have been reporting about it, so unsurprised she commented about the ridiculousness of it.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... saurs.html

But as I say, she was probably better known for what happened to her.
https://www.itv.com/news/central/2022-0 ... xual-abuse

Do I believe that a Pakistani asylum seeker asked to go home for a holiday? Yes, I do. I do believe there are many who game the system, are trained to lie to get through.

Do you actually really not believe cases like this? And if there were such cases, would it rock your mind?
Guy Smiley

They walk among us.
Ymx

You are a moron
Ymx

Here

Migrants applying for asylum in the UK are trying to go back home for Christmas, the UK's Border Force chief has told LBC.

Listen to this article
Loading audio...
Phil Douglas said his officers had been left shocked when carrying out exit checks on people leaving the UK.

LBC got an exclusive look behind the scenes at how Border Force operates at Luton airport - one of the busiest for Eastern European airlines in the run up to Christmas.

He said: "We do find a lot of people who have claimed asylum in this country, and are heading back to their own country for holidays, which obviously isn't allowed."

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/migrants-app ... christmas/
C69

You right wingers let this happen. The Tories open door policy sucks donkey balls.
Anyone voting for them needs their head examined
Look at the state these corrupt useless cnuts have left us in.
TedMaul

Perspective- I live in the Home Counties and work in the City why don’t you take your sad story somewhere else?
derriz

Ymx wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 5:51 am Do you actually really not believe cases like this? And if there were such cases, would it rock your mind?
Of course it wouldn't.

I think you're missing my point with my questions - in this case I'm not taking a pro or anti refugee stance.

I mean, to me, it's pretty obvious that the specific screenshot you posted is almost certainly made up/fake. If the almighty power of google can't find an original source for the message and the best you can come up with is some other tweet posting the same image, and given the language of the message is a give-away (almost certainly written by someone with English as a mother tongue) as well as some other minor indications. I can come to this conclusion without considering the actual content of the message.

I'm interested in whether you think this specific message is genuine or not? And I mean this specific message.

And independent of that question whether it matters to you whether it's genuine or not?
Ymx

Oh ok. On this message. I thought the English was fairly decent, but then there was the second last paragraph which was not great. But I’ve seen good written English from those from Pakistan before.

It was allegedly on facebook, when I saw another reference to it, but I personally don’t have a facebook account to search. Or belong to that specific forum group. Perhaps you can. I don’t believe the mighty Google has every Facebook post indexed, if many.

It is also despicably credible in light of some of the deceipt and entitlement coming from those allegedly seeking refuge.

And well, after the home office statement it added another element of credibility.

I don’t believe these guys are the Disney character oppressed individuals you seem to think.
C69

Lol
MungoMan

Ymx wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:10 am I’ve been wanting to get the boreds views on this for a while. Twitter is a hate-fest on all sides.

But I don’t want to be responsible for a horrible thread. So I’m hoping this being on NPR will be a more reasoned discussion.

What are your views? Where are you with this?

Is it a problem with the volume and/or types of people? Or do we need this for our population.

How might the government do better?
Step 1: Ask the Irish politely if they wouldn't mind temporarily relocating their island a few hundred kms to the south.

Step 2: Drag Great Britain and its associated islands several hundred kms westward.
Ymx

It’s a real Facebook post, I’ve seen it. It’s allegedly someone who is gay.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ukbaimm ... 5/?app=fbl
Simian

Ymx wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:28 pm It’s a real Facebook post, I’ve seen it. It’s allegedly someone who is gay.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ukbaimm ... 5/?app=fbl
Weird their sexuality gets an allegedly from you but the claim they were going home for Christmas didn’t 🤔
Ymx

Why is that weird? It’s entirely consistent with my view about those conning their way in by pretending/peddling lies that they are in danger.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/1 ... cel-fraud/
Simian

lol. Good to know your preconceptions aren’t coloring your views here!
C69

Simian wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:08 pm lol. Good to know your preconceptions aren’t coloring your views here!
He honestly doesn't know why he is being laughed at
derriz

Ymx wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:21 pm Oh ok. On this message. I thought the English was fairly decent, but then there was the second last paragraph which was not great. But I’ve seen good written English from those from Pakistan before.

It was allegedly on facebook, when I saw another reference to it, but I personally don’t have a facebook account to search. Or belong to that specific forum group. Perhaps you can. I don’t believe the mighty Google has every Facebook post indexed, if many.

It is also despicably credible in light of some of the deceipt and entitlement coming from those allegedly seeking refuge.

And well, after the home office statement it added another element of credibility.

I don’t believe these guys are the Disney character oppressed individuals you seem to think.
You're still missing the point I think.

Forget about refugees for one second - I've said absolutely nothing about them - so have no idea where that last sentence of yours is coming from.

What I'm curious about and what I'm asking you basically could be boiled down to: which of the these most closely applies to your thinking when posting that image:
1. You believe that the screenshot was genuine. You don't think there's anything suspicious about it at all.
2. You think it could possibly be fake and have suspicions but since it aligns/reinforces your views, you can suppress/ignore your doubts.
3. You're pretty sure it's fake but it helps support your argument so you're happy to "pass it on" hoping someone more gullible will believe it.

That the subject is refugees is not relevant - I'm asking is because I'm genuinely curious about how images like this spread through social media. I've seen lots of similar images (that seem obviously fake to me but that's just me) from across the political spectrum.
Ymx

It’s a real post and thread on a real Facebook forum about UK immigration. So your Google strategy failed you, and instincts about it not existing were completely wrong!

There are many trying to return to their homes they fleed for holidays, as evidenced by the border force/home office.

It is an entirely credible story which fits others.

So yes, it’s not a huge stretch to believe it.
derriz

Ymx wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:52 pm It’s a real post and thread on a real Facebook forum about UK immigration. So your Google strategy failed you, and instincts about it not existing were completely wrong!
Google indexes facebook - just type "facebook uk immigration" into google you'll get over 77m results. But none of them have the text from your screenshot of someone trying to go to their friend's wedding in Pakistan after being granted asylum.

You're adamant it's real but you've been unable to find any link to the original. I don't understand this.
TheNatalShark

derriz wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:07 pm That the subject is refugees is not relevant - I'm asking is because I'm genuinely curious about how images like this spread through social media. I've seen lots of similar images (that seem obviously fake to me but that's just me) from across the political spectrum.
I hear and read a chunk of people (nb not from you above) laying this as a social media phenomenon... but is it? Or is the implication that having the internet resource alongside it means the reader should be able to affirm readily etc...

When I heard boomers loudly parroting shite spread by eg Regan, eg macdonalds hot coffee lawsuit, before social media, well just struck as old wives tales as they had nothing but "its real trust me bro, everyone talks about it".
Ymx

derriz wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:15 pm
Ymx wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:52 pm It’s a real post and thread on a real Facebook forum about UK immigration. So your Google strategy failed you, and instincts about it not existing were completely wrong!
Google indexes facebook - just type "facebook uk immigration" into google you'll get over 77m results. But none of them have the text from your screenshot of someone trying to go to their friend's wedding in Pakistan after being granted asylum.

You're adamant it's real but you've been unable to find any link to the original. I don't understand this.
I even posted the link directly above to it, you mong !
TB63

Folkestone Boxing Day swim..

250 people went for a swim.

420 came out of the water..
assfly

TB63 wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:47 am Folkestone Boxing Day swim..

250 people went for a swim.

420 came out of the water..
:lol:
Tichtheid

Ymx

:clap:

I guess he was one of the 70% legit cases who were approved. Converted to Christianity.
Ymx

A pretty barbaric attack
At about 7.25pm on Wednesday, horrified residents of a quiet suburb in Clapham, south London, looked out of their windows to see a frantic scene.

A white Hyundai had pulled over and a woman was screaming “help, help” in the street. A young girl was in the back seat, banging on the car window.

Suddenly a man, Abdul Shokoor Ezedi, 35, climbed out of the car and, according to a witness, opened the child’s door and pulled her out of the vehicle.

“He took the child from the seat and lifted them above his head and smashed her on the floor — then he picked her up from the floor and did it again,” the witness said.

Another witness, Shannon Christi, a bus driver, said “I ran outside and as I ran outside I’ve seen this guy throwing a child on the floor — he picked her up and threw her again.
“So, at that point, I ran in and I grabbed her and took her into my block.” She was joined by about ten local residents who all tried to help the woman and two girls, aged eight and three.

The onlookers were unaware that Ezedi, dressed all in black, had attacked the woman and children with a chemical but when they looked at them closely, they could see what police would later describe as “life-changing” injuries.

Three women suffered minor burns after they rushed to the family’s aid moments after the attack. Two women in their thirties and another in her fifties were treated and discharged from hospital, the Metropolitan Police said. A man in his fifties also suffered minor burns but he declined medical treatment.

A CCTV camera opposite captured Ezedi getting back into the vehicle and attempting to drive off while a woman desperately tried to open his door.

He then drove into the woman, who had been standing in the road trying to stop him from leaving, and the car pushed her a few feet along the road.

The man attempted to flee again but struck a stationary car before getting out of the vehicle and running off towards Clapham Common.

A camera in the street filmed him falling over as he ran. During the chemical attack he had involuntarily covered the right side of his face with the substance.
As he left the scene, residents frantically tried to help the injured family.

Christi added: “At that point my skin started tingling as well, and my face started tingling.”
She said staff from the hotel opposite, the Clapham South Belvedere, took the toddler inside.

Another woman, who did not want to be named, said she saw the children screaming “my mum, my mum” as they were carried to the hotel.

She continued: “My lips were still tingling, kept burning, kept tingling, so I sat in the ambulance for a bit and then they took me to hospital. It all happened so fast.”

Christi said: “She [the girl] was three years old. I didn’t see anything on her clothes, but there was something on her coat that got transferred to me.

“It all happened so fast. It didn’t look like it was on her skin. She landed on her face. It was scratched, bruised. I couldn’t see blood. I saw the mother afterwards. She then walked up and said: ‘I can’t see! I can’t see!’ Her face was red and sore. Her eyes were closed and she was screaming: ‘I can’t see!’

“That’s when I realised something had been thrown at her. So I called for someone to get water.”

A man in his twenties who had been staying at the hotel for ten days claimed he saw the woman praying as she was treated for her injuries.

He said: “They brought the kids in my hotel. I was trying to calm them down. He [had thrown] acid at the woman’s face. He hurt the girls as well.

“She [the victim] was Muslim. She was praying to her God, she was praying to Allah.

“She was in the toilets and the kids were praying. The mother was calming her daughters. She looked really bad, the mother. She was crying, a Romanian woman was trying to clean her face and they were helping the kids as well. The woman was speaking fluent English.”

He added: “The kid was saying thank you for giving me back to my mum.”

Police officers and ambulances arrived shortly afterwards and a helicopter was brought in to scour the area.
The attacker was spotted later, at 8.48pm on Wednesday, in Caledonian Road, north London, six miles away buying a bottle of water in Tesco.

The image from shop CCTV shows his face badly disfigured from the chemical substance.

On Thursday, there were discarded bottles of Diphoterine solution, which is used to rinse chemical products, in the street in Clapham and the road and cars were covered in water to wash the alkaline away.

Five police officers who helped the family had to be taken to hospital with minor wounds caused by the chemical, as did three residents.

The hotel houses homeless people and migrants and several locals said the woman had been a resident there.
One said: “As I understand it, it was a domestic incident, very horrible. We’ve been up all night, everyone is very upset, parents have children on this street.

“We had helicopters circling, dogs were out, they told us not to leave our houses. Residents are worried it’s a random chap throwing acid but it’s not and they have no need to be worried. She was a resident at the hotel. The hotel is full of Afghan refugees from a load of different boroughs.”

At about 1.30pm on Thursday, police held a press conference at the scene of the attack, where they identified the wanted man.

Superintendent Gabriel Cameron said: “We are now naming the man we want to speak to as Abdul Shokoor Ezedi, who is aged 35. We believe he travelled down from Newcastle earlier that day.

“We don’t know yet what led to it. We’re working to establish the circumstances. A manhunt to trace Ezedi is under way. We are working with partner agencies and forces including the British Transport Police to locate and arrest him. If you see Ezedi, call 999 immediately. He should not be approached.”

Police also turned their attention to Newcastle upon Tyne, where Ezedi had been staying with refugee and homelessness charities.

A resident at his most recent address, a hostel in Byker, said he had moved into the area in the past four months but had not been seen for a week. They described him as “quiet and polite” to his neighbours. A police car was stationed 50 metres away.

A local car dealer, Bilal Khan, said Ezedi had tried to haggle him down on a car from £5,000 to £4,000.

He said: “I’ve never seen him with anyone. As far as I could see, he spent his days on his own hanging around the street near the hostel.”
tc27

This is pretty unbelievable.

He simply should have being deported after his failed attempt let alone the conviction for sexual assault.