Dinghy arrivals / asylum seekers / gimmegrants

Where goats go to escape
Ymx

This bit is so ridiculously written, it’s funny.
A man pulled out his phone and showed me a video of a white boy on his knees crying and kissing the feet of what he claimed were “Afghanistanis”. Where was this video from and when? He didn’t know. When white boys did the bullying wasn’t that also wrong? He didn’t appear to care.
Guy Smiley

Ymx wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:07 am That truly is Peak Guardian.

Even managed to squeeze in “1930’s Germany”.
“Crime”
“Rape”
“Illegal”
“Economic migrant”
TedMaul

Ymx wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:22 am This bit is so ridiculously written, it’s funny.
A man pulled out his phone and showed me a video of a white boy on his knees crying and kissing the feet of what he claimed were “Afghanistanis”. Where was this video from and when? He didn’t know. When white boys did the bullying wasn’t that also wrong? He didn’t appear to care.
Genuinely could have been uttered by the inspiration behind my sobriquet on The Day Today 😂
Biffer

David in Gwent wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:38 pm
Line6 HXFX wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:09 am This debate needs a frame of reference, facts need to be established before it can progress.

Fact one.
You are not illegal until your claim has been processed, and you have been adjudicated to be illegal.
Just turning up here and seeking refuge is not illegal.
Fact two.
People are entitled to cross the Channel and seek refugee status, in any way they chose.

Fact three.
The mouthy hard done by crybaby taxpayers have completely fucking destroyed the country. Nothing will placate them, no tax cut no amount of death, no Rwanda policy will make them happy. They have self serving contempt for every living thing on this island,and know the cost of everything and the value of absolutely nothing.....and we should tell them to fuck off at every opportunity if we are to ever move forward.
I actually laughed out loud at this.
Says a lot about you.
And are there two g’s in Bugger Off?
Line6 HXFX

I even wrote a poem about them Dac.

The Hard Done by Crybaby Taxpayer.

The hard done by crybaby taxpayer,
Has self serving contempt..
For the poor, sick unemployed..
Dr's, nurses, firemen, single mothers,
Railway men..the Police..
Immigrants,
The young..
No one is exempt.

And here is the problem with self serving contempt..
As their contempt is self serving,
As it serves them to have it..
It can never be satiated,
No matter what half arsed policy they roll out,
or how much penury and death they create.
Nothing will ever be enough..
It serves them to have contempt, (for a taxcut).
so they just fucking do.
TB63

Re The Stradey Park hotel..

I live about a mile away.. I've friends on Pentrepoath road who are right next to it..

The most vocal and disruptive of the protesters are not from Llanelli, they're here to cause trouble and antagonize the police into arresting them. All on video of course, clicks and views on YouTube..

All our local MPs have been warned to stay away as the police cannot guarantee their safety in the crowds there..

Some of the protesters broke in to the hotel, turned on taps, blocked drains in the middle of the night, then when police knew of this, prevented them turning off the water in the drive by sitting on the cover and telling them only water board have access to the valve.

Then broke in again to video the damage, whilst claiming it was the security and the owners purposely vandalizing the place for insurance purposes, whilst gloating about it in the comments..

I don't agree with the migrants being housed here, it's a small village on the outskirts of town, no way has it the infrastructure to host all these families. But I also don't agree with the tactics and pure rascist filth they are promoting in town and around the area..
Tichtheid

TB63 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:25 am
The most vocal and disruptive of the protesters are not from Llanelli, they're here to cause trouble and antagonize the police into arresting them. All on video of course, clicks and views on YouTube..

We used to get a lot of NF/BNP/EDL marches in Brighton, they were accompanied by counter protests from Leftist organisations. Most of the protagonists were from out of town, they had a lot in common in that causing trouble was their main point.

One exchange I overheard did make me laugh, when the EDL lot were parading their bigotry along the main road, a woman from the sidelines shouted, "Go home, we don't your racism here"

A guy shouted back from the parade, "I'm from Brighton"

Her reply was, "Well how come you're such a cunt then?"
Biffer

Figures for asylum applications granted published today. 71% of applications granted in the quarter to June 2023.
And are there two g’s in Bugger Off?
Sandstorm

Biffer wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:56 am Figures for asylum applications granted published today. 71% of applications granted in the quarter to June 2023.
What happens to the other 29%? Seriously....
C69

Ymx wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:15 am
C69 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:00 pm
Ymx wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:57 pm You might need to post the article contents as the others have their far-right Nazi filters on their browsers.
Does anyone show any surprise that The Tories policy is so shit atm.
Vote Tory give the hoardes of maurading immigrants Luxury Hotels and Cable TV for free.

Some twats will still vote for these arse clowns that have been so uselss for years lying about being tough on immigration
Do you genuinely believe Labour will do any better on stopping these people?

They appear to do their best to undermine any efforts to reduce the appetite to get here. And only say, process faster, is their only comment.

The worrying aspect is that Richard Tice will gain popularity who is regularly publishing his solution.
Have you seen the figures from today regarding processing?
Have a guess, do they show an efficient and effective policy or a totally broken system?
dpedin

C69 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:28 pm
C69 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:00 pm

Does anyone show any surprise that The Tories policy is so shit atm.
Vote Tory give the hoardes of maurading immigrants Luxury Hotels and Cable TV for free.

Some twats will still vote for these arse clowns that have been so uselss for years lying about being tough on immigration

They appear to do their best to undermine any efforts to reduce the appetite to get here. And only say, process faster, is their only comment.

The worrying aspect is that Richard Tice will gain popularity who is regularly publishing his solution.
Have a guess, do they show an efficient and effective policy or a totally broken system?
It is almost like the Tories don't want to solve the asylum processing problem! It is almost like the tories want 175,000 folk on the wait list for asylum claims to be considered? It is almost like the Tories want all these folk to have to wait months/years for a decision and spend all their time in a hotel costing a fortune? It is almost like the tories want this as a deflection from their abject failure on economy, NHS, education, etc?
Insane_Homer

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... SApp_Other
Vulnerable children who arrive in Britain by small boat are being placed in an adult prison that holds significant numbers of sex offenders.

A growing number of cases have been identified where unaccompanied children, many of whom appear to be trafficked, have been sent to HMP Elmley, Kent, and placed among foreign adult prisoners.

According to the most recent inspection of Elmley, the block where foreign nationals are held also houses sex offenders.

Of 14 unaccompanied children so far identified by staff at Humans For Rights Network as being sent to an adult prison, one is believed to have been 14 when they spent seven months in Elmley.

Most of the cases involve Sudanese or South Sudanese children who travelled to the UK via Libya, with most appearing to have been trafficked or having experienced some form of exploitation.
CUNTS
“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true.”
Simian

Insane_Homer wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:11 am https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... SApp_Other
Vulnerable children who arrive in Britain by small boat are being placed in an adult prison that holds significant numbers of sex offenders.

A growing number of cases have been identified where unaccompanied children, many of whom appear to be trafficked, have been sent to HMP Elmley, Kent, and placed among foreign adult prisoners.

According to the most recent inspection of Elmley, the block where foreign nationals are held also houses sex offenders.

Of 14 unaccompanied children so far identified by staff at Humans For Rights Network as being sent to an adult prison, one is believed to have been 14 when they spent seven months in Elmley.

Most of the cases involve Sudanese or South Sudanese children who travelled to the UK via Libya, with most appearing to have been trafficked or having experienced some form of exploitation.
CUNTS
Jesus Christ :wtf :thumbdown:
sockwithaticket

dpedin wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:50 pm
C69 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:28 pm

It is almost like the Tories don't want to solve the asylum processing problem! It is almost like the tories want 175,000 folk on the wait list for asylum claims to be considered? It is almost like the Tories want all these folk to have to wait months/years for a decision and spend all their time in a hotel costing a fortune? It is almost like the tories want this as a deflection from their abject failure on economy, NHS, education, etc?
For the last week and a bit I've been getting a ton of ads on Spotify from the Home Office about becoming and asylum seeker case worker. Someone might finally actually be attempting to do something about the back log. Probably a senior civil servant who's bypassed the minister based on the sort of stuff I heart from friends in the Civil Service.
TB63

Big win for the people of Llanelli, HO has withdrawn from housing asylum seekers at the Stradey Park Hotel...
shaggy

TB63 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:03 am Big win for the people of Llanelli, HO has withdrawn from housing asylum seekers at the Stradey Park Hotel...
How is this a win? People are aghast at people being housed in unsuitable environments and in the same breath applauding when locations refuse to house migrants/asylum seekers.

Irrespective of the issue on processing and its failure to work people need to be housed somewhere and as long as it is big cities and expensive hotels all is ok until the cost is discussed.

There is nobody winning in all of this.
I like neeps

shaggy wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:10 am
TB63 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:03 am Big win for the people of Llanelli, HO has withdrawn from housing asylum seekers at the Stradey Park Hotel...
How is this a win? People are aghast at people being housed in unsuitable environments and in the same breath applauding when locations refuse to house migrants/asylum seekers.

Irrespective of the issue on processing and its failure to work people need to be housed somewhere and as long as it is big cities and expensive hotels all is ok until the cost is discussed.

Big win as the hotel is freed up for their thriving tourist industry.
David in Gwent

I like neeps wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:14 am

It has, or used to have, a staff of 100 full and part time employees.
TB63

It's in a rural part of Llanelli with not enough school places, no nearby shops, no nearby transport links. Wholly unsuited for what they were proposing. With the recent addition of a fire safety report barring it for any overnight use until a lot of remedial work has been completed..
David in Gwent

It's not rural, it's on the edge of town, half a mile from Asda.
Rhubarb & Custard

Sandstorm wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:09 pm
Biffer wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:56 am Figures for asylum applications granted published today. 71% of applications granted in the quarter to June 2023.
What happens to the other 29%? Seriously....
the system only works if nobody asks silly questions.

just as in 2007 had no one ever stopped to ask how is all this actually getting paid for things could have likely carried on (were one inclined to exaggerate for effect)
TB63

Not to split hairs,buts it a mile to Asda up and down Old Road, which is a trek, also, Furnace is most definitely rural..
David in Gwent

TB63 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:02 am Not to split hairs,buts it a mile to Asda up and down Old Road, which is a trek, also, Furnace is most definitely rural..
Ha ha, just because it's a trek doesn't make it rural.
TB63

Its classed as rural the same way as i am, even though im only 1/2 mile from Parc y Scarlets..
Furnace has 1 post office, stradey arms and the colliers..not exactly conveniently meeting the needs of 200 people moving in, with no jobs or transport..
Sandstorm

TB63 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:32 am Its classed as rural the same way as i am, even though im only 1/2 mile from Parc y Scarlets..
Furnace has 1 post office, stradey arms and the colliers..not exactly conveniently meeting the needs of 200 people moving in, with no jobs or transport..
Build a mosque?
TB63

Theres already 1 down Station road, capacity about 20...Thatll do...
Sandstorm

TB63 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:43 am Theres already 1 down Station road, capacity about 20...Thatll do...
Build an extension for 200 more worshipers. Create jobs. Build HS3, a 4th runway, the opportunities are there, man!
David in Gwent

TB63 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:32 am Its classed as rural the same way as i am, even though im only 1/2 mile from Parc y Scarlets..
"Listen, lads, you've claimed asylum and managed to escape the horrors of where ever you are from, pity you didn't bring the missus or the kids with you but I'm sure they'll be fine, right, look, we've found you a place to live and we'll fund it and give you an allowance but there is one massive downside - you may have to get a bus into the town centre"

ha ha ha.

"Not exactly convenient"
I like neeps

TB63 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:25 am

It's in a rural part of Llanelli with not enough school places, no nearby shops, no nearby transport links. Wholly unsuited for what they were proposing. With the recent addition of a fire safety report barring it for any overnight use until a lot of remedial work has been completed..
Such is the number of asylum seekers these days the only answer to housing them is hotels with low occupancy rates which happen to be in undesirable locations for tourists or business.
TB63

Stradey Park had a 68% occupancy rate..About the norm..
David in Gwent

The fact is, if this had been groups of men, women and children, families, then the people of Llanelli would have welcomed them with open arms.

Do you know that once the Fire Regs are put straight if they are going to re-open?
TB63

It was families..

Clear springs will shift it now, a local businessman put a bid in for it last week..
_Os_

_Os_ wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:56 pm
Ymx wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:43 am
_Os_ wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:34 pm
Go back and read page 1. More than one poster mentioned total immigration numbers (including me).

I already replied to your stuff about France and the Aussie method. But I'll try again. When you send them back to France, what is your response when France escalates?

That's not how it works. Last time I looked into it, someone hasn't entered the UK until they've disembarked and left the port area used for immigration, in other words anyone picked up that is processed and claims asylum hasn't illegally entered. If that's not the case, the migrant has to understand that entering the UK without a visa is illegal and it has to be proven beyond reasonable doubt they understand that, if it can't be proven then there's no offense.

Over the course of this thread, have you ever asked yourself why there's a 170k asylum backlog and growing? Or why if they're all criminals they can't be prosecuted for their alleged crimes?
OS, it’s pretty clear which cohort this thread is about, and in particular what I was talking about. Any suggestion otherwise, is extremely disingenuous.

I did read your comment about France, which made it sound impossible. This is in fact why I referenced the Aus case where this does in fact happen.

The illegal entry refers to the definition in UK law

Please read here

https://bills.parliament.uk/bills/3429
There's a difference between illegal entry and illegal entrant, but I'll park that.

The Illegal Migration Act (given Royal Assent 20th July 2023), mostly hasn't been given legal force yet, as in the vast majority of it is not yet operational. Read this:
https://freemovement.org.uk/the-illegal ... s-changed/

Why does it have no legal force yet? Because it compels the government to deport people that have entered the UK without permission (as you state it redefines the laws I briefly described), but the problem is there needs to be a deportation plan. There needs to be a means to actually deport people to a third country. If there's nowhere to send them then it's open to legal challenge and will fail (as things stand in literally every single case). So they're waiting on the Supreme Court ruling on Rwanda before bringing The Illegal Migration Act into full operation, but the next problem for them is even if Rwanda goes ahead the scheme lacks capacity, so like a game of snakes and ladders they return to having no deportation plan available and open to legal challenge.

The government is delaying bringing the Act fully into force, to delay their policy failure being exposed. Instead the media are fed a barge over and over.

Once the Act does fully come into force (if it ever does), it will simply delay asylum applications being made and grow the backlog. Because as things stand Rwanda will be quickly exhausted by one week's worth of arrivals, then in practice although the Tories have made a law saying no one can claim asylum if they've travelled without permission, this will have to give way to there being no deportation plan and therefore an asylum claim.

This has already happened, before it became an Act, the bill was amended so it didn't apply to people arriving after 7th of March 2023 (a Sunak pledge) the cut off was instead made 20th of July 2023 (the day the Act was passed). This was done because it would be impossible to remove 7k or so people who had arrived after the 7th of March, which would open it up to legal challenge and quickly being thrown to the side.

It's important to be clear what is happening. The UK government has purposely created a binding legal duty upon itself, to remove those who have entered the UK without permission, and it also knows it almost certainly cannot meet this legal obligation it has made for itself. This mess has been purposely created.

You may wonder, why are the Tories trying to legislate unicorns into existence? For example they could make laws that everyone should be a billionaire, everyone would know that's stupid and impossible, so why are they doing this? To make the issue more complicated for the ordinary person to follow, even this post grows longer the more I try to quickly explain reality. But why do that, you may ask? So the Tories can claim "lefty lawyers" are to blame when it's the Tories who are making laws they cannot implement, or to claim Labour are to blame when they're in power for not implementing impossible Tory laws, or to put pressure on leaving the ECHR (likely blowing up the WA/TCA with the EU).

In summary:

1. Does the UK have an uncapped/unlimited agreement to deport whom it wishes to a third country. Answer: No, and even with Rwanda that's very limited.
2. Can the UK therefore follow its own Illegal Migration Act 2023 and deport arrivals by boat to a third country. Answer: No, not until there's an uncapped/unlimited agreement with a third country/countries.
3. If the answer to 1 and 2 is "no" what does this mean? Answer: Everything regarding asylum and illegal migration gets worse, because the UK government is AWOL and not addressing reality.

Cannot make it simpler.
Rwanda has now been canned, £140m wasted. Sunak has these options if he wants to keep unicorn hunting:

1. Find a replacement for Rwanda that's safe and has capacity (Rwanda was never used so this was never tested, but there was no capacity anyway). If anywhere can be found their price will not be cheap, it'll be £billions.
2. Leave the ECHR and blow up the WA/TCA with the EU and risk the GFA too. Which would remove everyone in the UK from their legally defendable human rights. The supreme court president did say that only leaving the ECHR wouldn't be enough though, other treaty obligations would have to end (guessing with the UN). Becoming island Belarus would put Rwanda back on the menu though (and if so the capacity of Rwanda would be immediately used, after which Rwanda asks for £billions to provide more capacity).
3. Blame lefty lawyers and other bullshit.

Whilst the UK government is chasing unicorns, asylum seekers that are nowhere near getting their cases decided are now getting work permits because they've been in the UK for a year or more. They essentially have a quasi settled status and will be hard to remove whatever the actual asylum process decides if it ever manages to decide anything, the longer the asylum process takes the more visa options open up to an individual by default on residency grounds. If the system isn't fixed and properly funded it'll mean almost everyone rocking up gets to stay regardless of the details of their asylum case. A fully funded system with safe routes and/or processing in France could well mean lower numbers and no boats.
Sandstorm

_Os_ wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:41 am If the system isn't fixed and properly funded it'll mean almost everyone rocking up gets to stay regardless of the details of their asylum case. A fully funded system with safe routes and/or processing in France could well mean lower numbers and no boats.
Sounds sensible and workable. No chance they'll give it a go then.
Insane_Homer

Sandstorm wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:02 pm
_Os_ wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:41 am If the system isn't fixed and properly funded it'll mean almost everyone rocking up gets to stay regardless of the details of their asylum case. A fully funded system with safe routes and/or processing in France could well mean lower numbers and no boats.
Removing the primary reason you fool gammons into voting for you isn't the smartest tactic.
“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true.”
Paddington Bear

There’s no point the right howling at judges. If they want to make these schemes workable they need to legislate for it and repeal other pieces of legislation. Braverman knew this but didn’t care, it seems a lot of people in conservative politics are unaware of why they are called ‘legislators’
Old men forget: yet all shall be forgot, But he'll remember with advantages, What feats he did that day
Sandstorm

Insane_Homer wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:17 pm
Sandstorm wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:02 pm
Removing the primary reason you fool gammons into voting for you isn't the smartest tactic.
Even Gammons will understand & support: "We're going to process all asylum seekers at the French border instead...."
sockwithaticket

Paddington Bear wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:36 pm There’s no point the right howling at judges. If they want to make these schemes workable they need to legislate for it and repeal other pieces of legislation. Braverman knew this but didn’t care, it seems a lot of people in conservative politics are unaware of why they are called ‘legislators’
If they actually do something about it, they won't be able to whip up outrage amongst their voter base.
fishfoodie

sockwithaticket wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:36 pm
Paddington Bear wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:36 pm There’s no point the right howling at judges. If they want to make these schemes workable they need to legislate for it and repeal other pieces of legislation. Braverman knew this but didn’t care, it seems a lot of people in conservative politics are unaware of why they are called ‘legislators’
If they actually do something about it, they won't be able to whip up outrage amongst their voter base.
And by failing to do anything about it, & claiming it's of National importance that they do, they lose a big portion of gammons to whichever Party goosesteps itself to a position even further to the right.
_Os_

Sunak has decided to keep going. Looks like they're going to try and make a new treaty with Rwanda (unconvinced this'll work but who knows), and it also looks probable they're going to block every UK domestic human rights law and treaties on human rights in legislation when applied to asylum (but these are international treaties, so the UK will be in breach of international law, making a cut out in UK domestic law doesn't change that). Failing all that it sounds a lot like he's prepared to become Belarus and leave the ECHR/international treaties.

Option 2 it is then. This will be fun. Anyone else looking forward to the bit when the UK has trashed its international reputation, anyone residing in the UK has no human rights (Truss and Rees-Mogg will have got what they wanted), all so the UK can be in hock to an African dictatorship, the dictatorship will then tell the UK "the capacity of this agreement has been reached, it's now £billions per year to keep it running"?

At this rate Starmer's first task will be to rejoin the UN.

Last edited by _Os_ on Wed Nov 15, 2023 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.