Kicking off in Israel

Where goats go to escape
Raggs

Probably not going to take much part in this thread, but it's really kicking off.

5k+ rockets already this morning. Hamas in control of multiple villages/towns etc in southern Israel (I have family in one of the small ones). Hostages taken back over the border and paraded around.

Concerns that the north is going to become a war zone too soon. With so many rockets already fired, I have to assume they've spent a good long time and money building up an enormous stockpile.

Official Israeli death toll is reckoned to be well below the reality at this stage.
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
sefton

I’ve no idea what Hamas think they are going to achieve other than pushing the Israeli’s towards more brutal repression and empowering the far right in the Knesset.
dpedin

Looks like they are trying to trigger a far wider escalation and drag in others to their fight.
tabascoboy

No brainer that Iran has been instrumental in this, even if just in supplying weapons and munitions
Line6 HXFX

Yup..Israel is completely blameless.

Hamas has said its surprise, large-scale military operation is in response to the desecration of Al-Aqsa and increased settler aggression. It came after thousands of settlers in recent days forced their way into the Al-Aqsa Mosque mosque complex in occupied East Jerusalem during the Jewish holiday of Sukkot.

I mean that's nothing, that..massive over reaction by Hamas...its like the English having a stag do in Tenby.
SaintK

Line6 HXFX wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:19 am Yup..Israel is completely blameless.

Hamas has said its surprise, large-scale military operation is in response to the desecration of Al-Aqsa and increased settler aggression. It came after thousands of settlers in recent days forced their way into the Al-Aqsa Mosque mosque complex in occupied East Jerusalem during the Jewish holiday of Sukkot.

I mean that's nothing, that..massive over reaction by Hamas...its like the English having a stag do in Tenby.
Just fuck-off you complete wanker
SaintK

sefton wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:06 am I’ve no idea what Hamas think they are going to achieve other than pushing the Israeli’s towards more brutal repression and empowering the far right in the Knesset.
How the hell did Israeli intelligence fail on this?
Uncle fester

sefton wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:06 am I’ve no idea what Hamas think they are going to achieve other than pushing the Israeli’s towards more brutal repression and empowering the far right in the Knesset.
Which will keep the cycle going.
Blackmac

Some of the footage getting posted is horrific. Horrible, mad fucking bastards
Jock42

That is fucking mental :lol:

More combat jumps than OS too.
Paddington Bear

Pointless to the extent that Israel’s response will be brutal and effective but the propaganda value of pictures of fighters inside Israeli compounds by the flag will likely keep the flame burning for another generation, which I suppose is the point. And so it goes on and on
Old men forget: yet all shall be forgot, But he'll remember with advantages, What feats he did that day
sefton

Netanyahu must think Christmas has come, thus couldn’t have worked out better with his domestic issues.
C69

sefton wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:55 pm Netanyahu must think Christmas has come, thus couldn’t have worked out better with his domestic issues.
Absofuckinglutely

Hamas are utter twats
Raggs

sefton wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:55 pm Netanyahu must think Christmas has come, thus couldn’t have worked out better with his domestic issues.
The cynic in me wonders if intelligence wasn't ignored in hopes for a war. I honestly wouldn't put it past him at this point in his attempt to hold power at all costs.
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
tabascoboy

Raggs wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:05 pm
The cynic in me wonders if intelligence wasn't ignored in hopes for a war. I honestly wouldn't put it past him at this point in his attempt to hold power at all costs.
Apparently a large majority of the IDF is stationed away from the south, with only minimal forces on the south
Raggs

tabascoboy wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:22 pm
Apparently a large majority of the IDF is stationed away from the south, with only minimal forces on the south
It's a saturday, tends to have lower numbers on bases. The Israeli army is mostly called up, rather than active all the time.

To give an idea of how disliked Bibi is in Israel, the soldiers are disarmed before he visits/gives speeches at bases.
sockwithaticket

I was going to suggest something like that, but wondered if it was a bit conspiritorial. There again you look at all the shit various regimes have pulled in the not so distant past and it's actually pretty plausible.
tabascoboy

Raggs wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:33 pm

It's a saturday, tends to have lower numbers on bases. The Israeli army is mostly called up, rather than active all the time.

To give an idea of how disliked Bibi is in Israel, the soldiers are disarmed before he visits/gives speeches at bases.
There is a school of thought ( from Israeli sources) that this is mostly a distraction hence the concentration in the north where Hezbollah may launch an ground attack
fishfoodie

tabascoboy wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:58 pm
Raggs wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:33 pm

There is a school of thought ( from Israeli sources) that this is mostly a distraction hence the concentration in the north where Hezbollah may launch an ground attack
Israel is fucking tiny though; so it's not like its a ten hour drive from the Leb border to Gaza, & the Northern border is heavily fortified, & there are tank regiments all parked up & ready to go at the drop of a hat.

This is a colossal intelligence failure, & while Bibi is creaming himself at the moment, with this opportunity to capitalize on the conflict, there will also be questions to answer on why his Government failed to protect it citizens, & he'll be asked why he was focused on taking control of the judiciary, & not making sure citizens were safe.
Biffer

I wonder if Putin has been encouraging this through proxies? It'd give the right wingers in the US another reason not to arm Ukraine, screaming they need to arm Israel instead.
And are there two g’s in Bugger Off?
fishfoodie

EnergiseR2 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:29 pm
Biffer wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:17 pm I wonder if Putin has been encouraging this through proxies? It'd give the right wingers in the US another reason not to arm Ukraine, screaming they need to arm Israel instead.
It stinks of Iran and Putin. Russia involvement in Jerusalem is centuries long
Iran have been funding Hamas forever, & they're the ones who give them the designs for their rockets.

The Russians used to support Arafat, but that was just part of the general funding of terrorists worldwide. They seem to be happy stirring the chaos in Syria, & flooding Europe with refugees to give their friends in the Far-Right something to bitch about.
tabascoboy

Not surprisingly; Saudi, Iran and Qatar all publicly blame Israel for this. And now the Taliban want to join in
C69

fishfoodie wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:42 pm
EnergiseR2 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:29 pm
Biffer wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:17 pm I wonder if Putin has been encouraging this through proxies? It'd give the right wingers in the US another reason not to arm Ukraine, screaming they need to arm Israel instead.
It stinks of Iran and Putin. Russia involvement in Jerusalem is centuries long
Iran have been funding Hamas forever, & they're the ones who give them the designs for their rockets.

The Russians used to support Arafat, but that was just part of the general funding of terrorists worldwide. They seem to be happy stirring the chaos in Syria, & flooding Europe with refugees to give their friends in the Far-Right something to bitch about.
Well it's a bit rich of Israel to take the moral high ground about Hamas considereing they created the bastards
ASMO

This is going to be very very bad, Israel will go in full bore and its going to set the region on fire .
C69

ASMO wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:22 pm This is going to be very very bad, Israel will go in full bore and its going to set the region on fire .
Yip it's goiung to be Old Testament Biblical and lets see if the UN ignore civilian and children Palestian deaths as they mount up.
There's going to be a real fish in a barell look to it.
PCPhil

ASMO wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:22 pm This is going to be very very bad, Israel will go in full bore and its going to set the region on fire .
They should just buy a few premiership football clubs.
“It was a pet, not an animal. It had a name, you don't eat things with names, this is horrific!”
PCPhil

PCPhil wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:42 pm
They should just buy a few premiership football clubs first.
“It was a pet, not an animal. It had a name, you don't eat things with names, this is horrific!”
Rhubarb & Custard

A horrible continuation of appalling events perpetuated by the utter arseholes in leadership on both sides.

Hard to know what actual progress looks like at this point, you could do good work and be crucially undermined by your supposed own side
Guy Smiley

The Palestinians are already drawing a parallel between their predicament and Ukraine... it's hard to see how Russia could be behind that. They'll look to wedge Western politics over that.
troglodiet

sefton wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:55 pm Netanyahu must think Christmas has come.....

Made me laugh....
David in Gwent

Line6 HXFX wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:19 am Yup..Israel is completely blameless.

How was Al-Aqsa desecrated?
David in Gwent

You just know when you see Israeli pensioners being kidnapped by Hamas this is going to be different.
Similarly, Qatar’s policy of "moderating" Hamas has yet to yield results. Despite all the Qatari money, Hamas’s Gaza leader Yahya Sinwar recently called on every Arab Israeli to kill all and every Jewish Israeli they can. "Everybody who has a gun should take it, and those who don’t have a gun should take a butcher’s knife, axe or any knife he can get," Sinwar said in a speech on April 30
Nice, calm headed chap then.
BnM

The woman raped, murdered and naked dead body paraded by Hamas psychopaths has been identified as German tourist partly as she has very distinctive tattoos.
Line6 HXFX

Israel since way back, knew they were the invaders, the illegal aggressors...and that the very best they could hope for in the eyes of the world, was the world to see them and the Palestinians as equally bad. This was actual policy.

There will never be a two state solution, Palestine will never have a separate state, as it will just be largely millions of angry young men, with zero water or fertile land, able to import arms , and be a massive threat on Israels border.

It is perpetual war. Perpetual f'king conflict. No solutions or peace here.

Continuous conflict is the very best outcome for Israel.
Last edited by Line6 HXFX on Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ymx

This was the poor girl who ended up dead on the jeep

David in Gwent

Hamas1: I've hatched a plan to kidnap loads of grandmothers, we can even use golf carts, then we can live stream it to the world.

Hamas 2: Wait, what?

Hamas 1: Yes, if we have lots of prisoners,especially old women then the Israeli scum will not attack us.

Hamas 2: I'm not really sure you've thought this through.
Ymx

And this is what the sick fvcks did to her.

Spoiler
Show
Image[/url]

Murdered and paraded around. Knee joint torn

Same tattoo on leg.
David in Gwent

It will be interesting to observe how the large groups of young men the West have received over the last few years act in response to the situation in Israel/Palestine.

I would suggest that if they act negatively it will be almost impossible to control.
Muttonbird

What was this "music festival for peace held near the Gaza border fence"?

Unless they had actively engaged Palestinian representatives, it just looks like Israeli settlers partying outside the doors of an open air prison.
Sandstorm

Muttonbird wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:13 am What was this "music festival for peace held near the Gaza border fence"?

Unless they had actively engaged Palestinian representatives, it just looks like Israeli settlers partying outside the doors of an open air prison.
Yup