President Biden and US politics catchall

Where goats go to escape
geordie_6

TB63 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:28 am
Must have some sort of applicator that you just stick your face in. 😂
fishfoodie

Maybe he's been visiting O'Leary's Pub ?

Sandstorm

geordie_6 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:46 am
TB63 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:28 am
Must have some sort of applicator that you just stick your face in. 😂
The old make-up shotgun.
TB63

I'm going for COVID..
TB63

In case you've never seen it...

fishfoodie

TB63 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:02 pm

I'm going for COVID..
Well he's tried to use funerals in the past to avoid them, so if I was Marla, I'd avoid stairs, & windows !
TB63

Weather forecast today for New York..

Stormy.......
inactionman

I gather it will require all 12 jurors to unanimously convict.

The chances of the jury not containing at least 1 MAGA idiot is pretty low, so I'm going to got out on a limb and predict an acquittal.
TB63

He was investigating the stollen election...🤣
Insane_Homer

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true.”
Rhubarb & Custard

In a few days time he'll get the option to take a $1 billion or so stock bonus out of Trump Media & Tech Group.

He could of course turn that down citing the basis for the issuing of the bonus is ludicrously weak, reflects no value for shareholders following the public launch of DJT, and actually dilutes existing shareholder value. But I'm starting to get the impression he's not that fussed about others
TB63

The prosecution then stated that they intended to introduce a series of tweets showing Trump attempting to intimidate Michael Cohen from coming forward with veiled threats. Then Trump finally cut ties with Cohen with a tweet that told people never to hire him as a lawyer, which prompted the courtroom to erupt with laughter. They also showed Truth Social posts which they asserted also showed witness intimidation, including Trump's all-caps post, "IF YOU GO AFTER ME, I'M COMING AFTER YOU!"

The prosecutor then dropped a bomb that they will be seeking an Order to Show Cause to hold Trump in contempt of court for violating the gag order.

Meanwhile, Trump sends out a fundraising email to try and raise money off the trial.
TB63

Judge Merchan then warned Trump that although he has a right to be present for his trial, he will be removed from the courtroom if he disrupts the proceedings and put in jail. He also warns him that if he fails to appear for court a warrant will be issued for his arrest.

The prosecutors then asked that Trump be fined $1,000 for each of his posts that violate the gag order and that he be warned that if he does it again he will be put in jail. They noted that one of the posts happened while court was going on today which was a photo of Michael Cohen calling him a serial perjurer. They also cited the post praising Avenatti's interview with Ari Melber and posts about Stormy Daniels.
fishfoodie

TB63 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:38 pm
Judge Merchan then warned Trump that although he has a right to be present for his trial, he will be removed from the courtroom if he disrupts the proceedings and put in jail. He also warns him that if he fails to appear for court a warrant will be issued for his arrest.

The prosecutors then asked that Trump be fined $1,000 for each of his posts that violate the gag order and that he be warned that if he does it again he will be put in jail. They noted that one of the posts happened while court was going on today which was a photo of Michael Cohen calling him a serial perjurer. They also cited the post praising Avenatti's interview with Ari Melber and posts about Stormy Daniels.
Asking for a grand for a post breaching a judicial order is absurdly lenient !

Make it $100,000, or a million & you might get a response; but ultimately he won't change his behavior until he's sat in cell & he'll stay there until he abides by the Courts order.
Kiwias

Trump will sleep better tonight knowing that he has the complete support of Liz Truss in his bid for re-election.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68821646
Sinkers

Is that why he felt he could have a nap in the courtroom today?
Niegs

Even if not exactly - or entirely - true, made I LOL. :clap:

Kiwias

Niegs wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:46 am Even if not exactly - or entirely - true, made I LOL. :clap:

How the mighty have fallen!! From “Mr President” to the “fat orange fuck”
fishfoodie

Kiwias wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:57 am
Niegs wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:46 am Even if not exactly - or entirely - true, made I LOL. :clap:

I think that was always his Secret Service code name
sturginho

Sinkers wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:33 am Is that why he felt he could have a nap in the courtroom today?
Sleepy Don
Kiwias

fishfoodie wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:21 am
Kiwias wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:57 am

I think that was always his Secret Service code name
Nope
TB63

There he was.

The twice impeached failed insurrectionist.

In court for the first of his many criminal trials.

No kids in tow. No wife for moral support.

The sordid details of his deceptions being laid bare.

His lawyers unprepared.

His truth social stock in free fall.

His appeal bond in jeopardy. Again.

The weight of accountability clearly etched on his weary face.

It was only day 1.
Rhubarb & Custard

His Trump stock needs to fall much, much further in value to deny him what would still be a huge payout, indeed he's probably already safe. The terms of his upcoming stock bonus are nuts, it's almost like it's written with him not the company/shareholders in mind.
yermum

Rhubarb & Custard wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:29 pm His Trump stock needs to fall much, much further in value to deny him what would still be a huge payout, indeed he's probably already safe. The terms of his upcoming stock bonus are nuts, it's almost like it's written with him not the company/shareholders in mind.
I thought he couldn’t cash out for 6 months
Rhubarb & Custard

yermum wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:22 pm
Rhubarb & Custard wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:29 pm His Trump stock needs to fall much, much further in value to deny him what would still be a huge payout, indeed he's probably already safe. The terms of his upcoming stock bonus are nuts, it's almost like it's written with him not the company/shareholders in mind.
this is the stock bonus, what he's due in another 15 days or so just for being him.
fishfoodie

Rhubarb & Custard wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:47 pm
this is the stock bonus, what he's due in another 15 days or so just for being him.
Well it's now fallen below $25, from ~$50 at the start of the month, that's an an average of a couple of dollars a day loss, & the decline is nice an linear, so in 15 days his grants could well be below water.
TB63

Rhubarb & Custard

fishfoodie wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:51 pm
Rhubarb & Custard wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:47 pm
Well it's now fallen below $25, from ~$50 at the start of the month, that's an an average of a couple of dollars a day loss, & the decline is nice an linear, so in 15 days his grants could well be below water.
Sadly the price he needs to be above is over a 20 day average and volume weighted, and most trading was done in the first week when the price was much higher, so it'll really need to drop and trade in volume to get a 20 day average down below the vesting price. That he can pick a 20 day period, take the average of that and not rely on a current price really skews this in his favour. Of course to some extent one shouldn't have pity with idiots who didn't read the prospectus, but it's not acting in the interests of any of the shareholders bar one, make America grift again and all that!
fishfoodie

Looks like the traitor is getting a lesson in basic physics; every action has an equal & opposite reaction !

He's been pissing off the Judge, & trying to delay & delay, & now the Judge is flooring the accelerator to make up time. The pundits were all talking about jury selection taking weeks, & now on day two they've already selected 6 of the 18 jurors & alternates they need, & the Judge has told the jurors that have been sworn in to be ready on Monday morning to start the trial !! :thumbup: :thumbup:
TB63

geordie_6

TB63 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:28 am
Wasn't it his team that brought up Facebook posts of jurors in the first place? So he's basically being roasted by his own defence team...
Thor Sedan

When the trial ends in a hung jury and the prick walks away with no punishment - he will coast into the Whitehouse - get pardoned and live the rest of his life in extreme wealth and comfort.

Laws don't apply to trump - and the US doesn't have a justice system that works against folk like trump.

When can we say the US is a failed experiment and find a way of isolating them?
Tichtheid

Thor Sedan wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:26 am When the trial ends in a hung jury and the prick walks away with no punishment - he will coast into the Whitehouse - get pardoned and live the rest of his life in extreme wealth and comfort.

Laws don't apply to trump - and the US doesn't have a justice system that works against folk like trump.

There is a lot I love about the United States, the physical geography is as stunning as it is diverse. Some of the greatest Western art and music has come from there, I enjoy a lot of popular culture from tv to film. They have great seats of learning with some of the best universities in the world. I never really got into their team sports, but when I watched boxing Ali really was The Greatest and Michael Johnson is probably my favourite sportsman of all time.

I don't subscribe to the "if you don't love it, leave it" bollocks that the right wing purports, they don't own the United States, there is far more to it than Trump, the NRA, "Christian" Republicanism and vested interest. They do have the twin shames of slavery and what they did to the indigenous peoples, they've never really addressed that, I don't think.
Biffer

Tichtheid wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:31 am
Thor Sedan wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:26 am When the trial ends in a hung jury and the prick walks away with no punishment - he will coast into the Whitehouse - get pardoned and live the rest of his life in extreme wealth and comfort.

There is a lot I love about the United States, the physical geography is as stunning as it is diverse. Some of the greatest Western art and music has come from there, I enjoy a lot of popular culture from tv to film. They have great seats of learning with some of the best universities in the world. I never really got into their team sports, but when I watched boxing Ali really was The Greatest and Michael Johnson is probably my favourite sportsman of all time.

I don't subscribe to the "if you don't love it, leave it" bollocks that the right wing purports, they don't own the United States, there is far more to it than Trump, the NRA, "Christian" Republicanism and vested interest. They do have the twin shames of slavery and what they did to the indigenous peoples, they've never really addressed that, I don't think.
Yeah, when you say 'If you don't love it, leave it' to them about something they don't like, they don't take it well. I like to remind them that Russia would gladly offer them citizenship.
And are there two g’s in Bugger Off?
fishfoodie

the traitors case has been Irished !

The Jury foreperson is Irish ... :lol: :lol:
TB63

Thin-skinned orange crybaby..Still smarting after Kimmel's put down...

Enzedder

It will be impossible to find a jury in the Trump trial. There are not enough people who do not have a strong opinion about the man already.,

And, if there are any, would you want them anywhere near a jury?
I drink and I forget things.
sturginho

Enzedder wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:35 pm It will be impossible to find a jury in the Trump trial. There are not enough people who do not have a strong opinion about the man already.,

Is it true that one juror has been dismissed because fox leaked their name and address?
fishfoodie

sturginho wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:39 pm
Enzedder wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:35 pm It will be impossible to find a jury in the Trump trial. There are not enough people who do not have a strong opinion about the man already.,

Is it true that one juror has been dismissed because fox leaked their name and address?
I hadn't heard that, but I heard enough yesterday in just the regular media about her that I immediately thought to myself that the details of her work were so specific that anyone working with her would immediately know she was a juror !

You can't let the media know the actual work places, or too much specifics of job, the media will be all over these.

The Judge made a mistake in not having an anonymous Jury as in the Carroll case; it's just too febrile an environment.
sockwithaticket

sturginho wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:39 pm

I've seen the story all over reddit today, although it was presented as the juror's decision. Understandably, they fear what might happen with their personal information out there in front of the MAGA crowd.