The Scottish Politics Thread

Where goats go to escape
Slick

tc27 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:34 pm Objectively I think Swinney is much more convincing than Yusaf and will probaly help stop the SNP slide. Perhaps a bit naive of the opposition partied to expedite his downfall

The GE will be really interesting. So many finely balanced seats in Scotland.
Not sure I agree with the first bit, there is a lot of eye rolling and sentiments of same old, same old, so I’m not sure he is going to achieve much in terms of the polls. Re Humza, it might have been fun to keep him on for a while but he was genuinely terrible and doing damage so I’m personally very pleased he has gone
All the money you made will never buy back your soul
Big D

I don't agree with Kate Forbes on a range of issues, a few of which I will never agree with her on, particularly the more obvious ones, but the pile on from the Greens is laughable as it is only because they got kicked out of government.

Finance secretary is probably a more important role than deputy FM and they worked happily along side her.
Slick

Big D wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 7:56 am I don't agree with Kate Forbes on a range of issues, a few of which I will never agree with her on, particularly the more obvious ones, but the pile on from the Greens is laughable as it is only because they got kicked out of government.

Finance secretary is probably a more important role than deputy FM and they worked happily along side her.
They are showing themselves to be what they are, a sixth form geek club. It's very frustrating not to have an effective and sensible Green Party in Scotland.
All the money you made will never buy back your soul
robmatic

Big D wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 7:56 am I don't agree with Kate Forbes on a range of issues, a few of which I will never agree with her on, particularly the more obvious ones, but the pile on from the Greens is laughable as it is only because they got kicked out of government.

It is also somewhat ridiculous that it is about her social conservatism when they were perfectly happy about a mosque-attending Muslim FM and mainstream Islamic views on family values are somewhat regressive.