Stop voting for fucking Tories

Where goats go to escape
I like neeps

Biggest story of the elections if she does. And a warming to Sir Kier. Ineffective leadership is the recipe for a total mentalist to replace you.
C69

David in Gwent wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:47 pm
C69 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:17 pm
David in Gwent wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:00 pm

The bit I posted a link for.

I live under a Labour Government, they're shit and incompetent. People here are sick of it.
Wales ? It's not a real Government FFS.
I feel sorry for the UK having to endure the next 4 years under a Labour Government. However, It's the people's fault. We should have had this lot up on the gallows a long time ago.
Like the Tory govt have shown such competence.
I hope that the Tories are out of power for a generation and Reform causes them to split asunder.

That said Starmer needs to get a massive majority to move the governments agenda strongly to the left and implement some radical ideas.
epwc

We do need radical action
Tichtheid

I like neeps wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:48 pm

Biggest story of the elections if she does.

Biggest story?

Fuck the story, it would be a tragedy for London.
I like neeps

Tichtheid wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:05 pm

Biggest story?

Yes it would be the biggest story of the day if labour lose London.

Khan has had two terms as mayor, the Tories haven't even tried to compete in this. The fact it's close shows how poor of a mayor Khan has been. This is what happens when politicians don't deliver, the voter base stops showing out of votes the radical option.
C69

I like neeps wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:32 pm

Biggest story?

Khan has had two terms as mayor, the Tories haven't even tried to compete in this. The fact it's close shows how poor of a mayor Khan has been. This is what happens when politicians don't deliver, the voter base stops showing out of votes the radical option.
Outside of London, no one cares.
I like neeps

C69 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:33 pm

Biggest story?

Outside of the city that for better for worse dominates the economy, culture, media, politics of this country, no one cares.

If London goes on the schnide, the rest of the country does too sadly.
C69

I like neeps wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:47 pm
C69 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:33 pm

Outside of the city that for better for worse dominates the economy, culture, media, politics of this country, no one cares.

If London goes on the schnide, the rest of the country does too sadly.
Sorry but people in Manchester and Liverpool have their own Mayors.
Boris and Ken Livingston and Khan are just personalities to many.
Btw it would be deserved if Khan lost.
His smug face looking glum would be hilarious.
Paddington Bear

It would be objectively very, very funny.

Just a shame both options are so dire, London deserves so much better
Old men forget: yet all shall be forgot, But he'll remember with advantages, What feats he did that day
Hal Jordan

Biggest story?

The Tories switching it to FPTP helps to make the election of Hall even a possibility, however. Can't beat 'em? Change the rules.
Paddington Bear

Hal Jordan wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:57 pm

Biggest story?

The Tories switching it to FPTP helps to make the election of Hall even a possibility, however. Can't beat 'em? Change the rules.
The voting system was set up by Labour to ensure they wouldn’t lose. No doubt they’ll switch it back again once they have a majority again.
Old men forget: yet all shall be forgot, But he'll remember with advantages, What feats he did that day
petej

Paddington Bear wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:58 pm

The voting system was set up by Labour to ensure they wouldn’t lose. No doubt they’ll switch it back again once they have a majority again.
Fucked past the post is an awful system and ditched by most countries. Really good way of making vast swathes of the electorates vote worthless. Not in the interest of either the tories or Labour to ditch it at a national level.
Biffer

epwc wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:59 pm We do need radical action
One of the myths of populist politics.

We need competence.
And are there two g’s in Bugger Off?
Insane_Homer

Lib dems ahead of the Cons now :clap:
Screenshot_20240503-203259.png
Screenshot_20240503-203259.png (117.92 KiB) Viewed 513 times
I really can't see London bucking this trend and voting for that mental hag.
“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true.”
epwc

Biffer wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:29 pm

We need competence.

I disagree, the NHS was an act of radicalism, as was universal suffrage, abolition of slavery etc.

Obviously I'm working on the assumption that there is an existing level of competence within the system, but that may take years to rebuild.
epwc

Insane_Homer wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:34 pm Lib dems ahead of the Cons now :clap:
:thumbup:
Sandstorm

epwc wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:35 pm
Biffer wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:29 pm

We need competence.

I disagree, the NHS was an act of radicalism, as was universal suffrage, abolition of slavery etc.

Obviously I'm working on the assumption that there is an existing level of competence within the system, but that may take years to rebuild.
We did radical in 2016 and that has fucked the UK for a generation. Back to basic, competent leadership only please.
epwc

Sandstorm wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:05 pm We did radical in 2016 and that has fucked the UK for a generation. Back to basic, competent leadership only please.
Point taken, we need pragmatism, competence and courage.

It was fear of the right of his party that led Cameron to the Brexit abyss.
Biffer

epwc wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:08 pm
Sandstorm wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:05 pm We did radical in 2016 and that has fucked the UK for a generation. Back to basic, competent leadership only please.
Point taken, we need pragmatism, competence and courage.

It was fear of the right of his party that led Cameron to the Brexit abyss.
Yeah, you need to have competence in order to execute the radical. Blair’s government, no matter what else people might think of it, had a high level of competence when it came into office. And they were quietly radical in massively decreasing waiting list, increasing investment in schools and hospitals, bringing public service pay up to more respectable levels, etc.
Hal Jordan

Well, apart from the two elections where Johnson won. But yes. Couldn't lose.
epwc

Biffer wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:14 pm Yeah, you need to have competence in order to execute the radical. Blair’s government, no matter what else people might think of it, had a high level of competence when it came into office. And they were quietly radical in massively decreasing waiting list, increasing investment in schools and hospitals, bringing public service pay up to more respectable levels, etc.
Can't argue with that
Paddington Bear

Hal Jordan wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:24 pm

Well, apart from the two elections where Johnson won. But yes. Couldn't lose.
That it was set up to do something is not the same as that it succeeded. See also: devolution being designed to cement Labour majorities
_Os_

Starting to enjoy the amount of "mixed bad" cope that's out there. :clap:

Tory Boy that doesn't understand people aren't going to vote "other" in the numbers they do in locals. The projected vote share has other on 24%. It's not 2010 (other on 12%) or 1997 (other on 5%) anymore. He thinks a quarter of England's electorate are rocking up at a GE to vote for parties which aren't Labour/Lib Dems/Tories, and will instead opt for Reform/Greens/independents/residents parties.

The Projected National Share is in and Labour are 9 points ahead, the same as last year (34-25).
With the biggest swing in Labour's *entire electoral history* needed for a majority of 1 at the general election, are we really saying this is a party set for a landslide?
Journo desperate for a more interesting story than "Labour will win by a landslide". The Tories waffle incoherently about Rayner's tax returns and cutting benefits to disabled people, when they're not doing that they're raving incoherently about immigration, it is not winning votes. Starmer doesn't need to do anything more than make sure Labour doesn't look loony, the Tory dumpster fire is that massive.

ANALYSIS: Terrible set of results for Tories. Lab "very happy" with wins around country, but as Tories hemorrhage seats, looks like Lab need to do more to win sizeable maj at GE. Voters buying in to 'change' but as votes scatter, Starmer needs to do more to sealed the deal
C69

epwc wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:30 pm
Biffer wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:14 pm Yeah, you need to have competence in order to execute the radical. Blair’s government, no matter what else people might think of it, had a high level of competence when it came into office. And they were quietly radical in massively decreasing waiting list, increasing investment in schools and hospitals, bringing public service pay up to more respectable levels, etc.
Can't argue with that
I can certainly argue with that regards public sector pay.
In the NHS at least it was spin.
Staged pay rises at times and market forces factors brought in re negotiations
sefton

David in Gwent wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:48 am I wonder, based on zero fucking evidence, whether the theatrics we've seen with Tory officials not having photo ID is to rub it in that Khan's vote has severely declined due to his supporters not having the appropriate ID.
:crazy:
Lobby

Insane_Homer wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:34 pm Lib dems ahead of the Cons now :clap:

Although it would be a surprise, it's certainly a possibility through a combination of factors. The biggest Labour areas are in Central London where the turnout is lower. Outer London where turnout is a bit higher is more conservative. Gaza could also have caused some voters to switch to the Greens or other more left-wing candidates. ULEZ is very unpopular with SUV drivers in outer London and the Tories have centred their campaign on Susan Hall's opposition to ULEZ and other net zero policies, as well as complaining about black people and Muslims. Khan also has lower personal ratings than the Labour party, so there will be some who will vote Labour for the Assembly, but not for Kahn for Mayor. The consistently large polling lead of 22 pts for Khan could also work against him in that voters may feel less inclined to vote, or safe to vote for other candidates, because they think its safe to do so.

Labour party activists were also worried about the change to FPTP. In the last election in 2021, Khan only had a 5pt lead over Shaun Bailey after the first round. That moved out to an 11pt lead after the other votes were transferred.

If Hall does win, it will be largely because of votes against Khan, rather than votes for her.
shaggy

Lobby wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:17 am

Although it would be a surprise, it's certainly a possibility through a combination of factors. The biggest Labour areas are in Central London where the turnout is lower. Outer London where turnout is a bit higher is more conservative. Gaza could also have caused some voters to switch to the Greens or other more left-wing candidates. ULEZ is very unpopular with SUV drivers in outer London and the Tories have centred their campaign on Susan Hall's opposition to ULEZ and other net zero policies, as well as complaining about black people and Muslims. Khan also has lower personal ratings than the Labour party, so there will be some who will vote Labour for the Assembly, but not for Kahn for Mayor. The consistently large polling lead of 22 pts for Khan could also work against him in that voters may feel less inclined to vote, or safe to vote for other candidates, because they think its safe to do so.

Labour party activists were also worried about the change to FPTP. In the last election in 2021, Khan only had a 5pt lead over Shaun Bailey after the first round. That moved out to an 11pt lead after the other votes were transferred.

If Hall does win, it will be largely because of votes against Khan, rather than votes for her.
The ULEZ resistance in outer boroughs has been from trades and pensioners from what I have seen.
David in Gwent

Can't argue with that
Just a pity about that illegal war that killed millions and destabilised the entire world, entirely built on lies.

But yeah, other than that, public service pay was ok.
Biffer

David in Gwent wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:08 am
Can't argue with that
Just a pity about that illegal war that killed millions and destabilised the entire world, entirely built on lies.

Hence the caveat in the original post you fucking thick cunt.
David in Gwent

Biffer wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:12 am
David in Gwent wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:08 am

Can't argue with that

Hence the caveat in the original post you fucking thick cunt.
LOL.
C69

Let's be honest Khan is going to walk the election.
SaintK

C69 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:52 am Let's be honest Khan is going to walk the election.
There has been a swing to Sadiq Khan in the two areas which have declared.
In Merton and Wandsworth, there was a 5.1% swing to Labour from the Conservatives. In Greenwich and Lewisham, there was a 4.5% swing to Labour.
Remember; the Tories needed a swing to take this race. Labour are feeling confident - and these results show why.
SaintK

Khan gains a borough. Will be interesting to see which way the outer "Ulez" boroughs go
Sadiq Khan has won in West Central (Hammersmith and Fulham, Kensington and Chelsea, Westminster), taking it from the Conservatives.
Khan has received 11,076 more votes than Hall. In 2021, Tory Shaun Bailey beat Khan in this constituency.

In 2024:
Sadiq Khan: 54,481
Susan Hall: 43,405

Versus 2021 first prefs:
Sadiq Khan: 51,508
Shaun Bailey 53,713
Edit: and another.
… Another mayoral election result has been declared and this time it’s the North East (Hackney, Islington, Waltham Forest):
Sadiq Khan – 127,455
Susan Hall – 34,099
Voter turnout in this constituency was 39.57%.
C69

Khan was always a shoe in.
Utter whataboutery and idiocy to suggest otherwise.
sefton

Poor Dachead is going to be so disappointed.
epwc

C69 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 12:58 pm Khan was always a shoe in.
I honestly thought it was going to be close
Hal Jordan

sefton wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:14 pm Poor Dachead is going to be so disappointed.
Don't worry, the bots have been hard at work on the stolen election narrative since yesterday evening.
C69

epwc wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:23 pm
C69 wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 12:58 pm Khan was always a shoe in.
I honestly thought it was going to be close
I think Khan may even increase his majority
_Os_

Lets see how well DAC's right wing populist uprising is going. Oh ...
Attachments
Reform UK = 2 council seats and 246893943 media appearances.png
Reform UK = 2 council seats and 246893943 media appearances.png (78.94 KiB) Viewed 122 times
sefton

The right wing insurgency gained 2 seats, even George fucking Galloway’s personal vanity project beat that.