Where goats go to escape
Tichtheid

Super conversion
C69

Ok crying because he made a mistake lol
C69

ASMO wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:42 pm
C69 wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:39 pm
ASMO wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:37 pm Wow, France showing England levels of incompetence.
The ref has been a tad helpful all game

Playing your B team may no longer be an option
Have to disagree, i think O'Keefe has been ok, got most of the calls right.
One sided and awful tbh
ASMO

Thats a moral victory for Uruguay...France just awful.
C69

Well done Uruguay 80 mins of great play.
Poor poor officiating
Tichtheid

Not too many of the French first team will be worried about selection in the coming games.

I thought the decision on the Macalou try was a bit harsh, it didn't look like a deliberate hack through the ruck, but hey ho.

Bielle-Biarrey is one for the future
salanya

Bin Okeef was alright. The bunker folk should piss off.

Shame Uruguay couldn't get themselves a LBP - deserved more out of this match than pride, honour etc.
Over the hills and far away........
C69

salanya wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:56 pm Bin Okeef was alright. The bunker folk should piss off.

Shame Uruguay couldn't get themselves a LBP - deserved more out of this match than pride, honour etc.
I disagree l think the ref was appalling.
The French squad is not as good as they think.
Last edited by C69 on Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
laurent

ASMO wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:00 pm Anthems much better, but they still fuck the choir right off altogether
The Choir were one of the big projects that was cut off (the Atcher Laporte debacle).
They were supposed to be singing at the stadiums.
Cutting them off the soundtrack entirely would be a terrible message.
Fonz

Couldn’t help but laugh on the PR Superbru seeing people taking France by, 60, 70, etc. Uruguay are a very decent side (arguably the strongest team outside the Tier 1+PIs that isn’t Georgia, excepting perhaps Portugal), playing their opening match against the French second string. It was always going to be close.
BnM

Piss off Gareth.
TedMaul

TMO for the match last night revealed.

C69

Worst officiating by far last night.. Taofifenua should have seen red. That and a host of other joke shop pro French calls was astounding.
Rhubarb & Custard

C69 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:47 am Worst officiating by far last night.. Taofifenua should have seen red. That and a host of other joke shop pro French calls was astounding.
This would be a slight shift in thinking from your consideration post the Welsh game of 'fuck the neutrals'

That said whether the criticism is consistent and logical or more of the self-serving Hokey Cokey variety makes little difference
C69

Rhubarb & Custard wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:00 am
C69 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:47 am Worst officiating by far last night.. Taofifenua should have seen red. That and a host of other joke shop pro French calls was astounding.
This would be a slight shift in thinking from your consideration post the Welsh game of 'fuck the neutrals'

That said whether the criticism is consistent and logical or more of the self-serving Hokey Cokey variety makes little difference
I think you are ma king that up.
I have never ever said fuck the neutrals.

Feel free to back your bullshit up or kindly stfu
salanya

Maybe watch the Wales Fiji match again - Carley in that second half was the worst ref performance so far by a good stretch.
Rhubarb & Custard

C69 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:15 am
Rhubarb & Custard wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:00 am

I think you are ma king that up.
I have never ever said fuck the neutrals.

Feel free to back your bullshit up or kindly stfu
My apologies, having checked you did not say that, you agreed with Line6 saying it. If I have misinterpreted your use of 'this' I humbly apologise for mischaracterising your switch in thinking.

C69 wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:10 pm
Line6 HXFX wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:07 pm Great win for Wales. fuck the "neutrals".

This
C69

salanya wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:35 am
Maybe watch the Wales Fiji match again - Carley in that second half was the worst ref performance so far by a good stretch.
Carley was poor he ignored Fiji sealing off, diving into rucks and latching on for he whole match.
If he officiated those spheres effectively Fiji would have been whistled off the park from minute 1.

He should have given Wales at least 1 yellow at the end of the game but bottled it.
That said his leniency towards Fiji for the whole of he match was appalling.
That said he was on the whole much better than the officials last night.
Kawazaki

C69 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:18 am
Carley was poor he ignored Fiji sealing off, diving into rucks and latching on for he whole match.
If he officiated those spheres effectively Fiji would have been whistled off the park from minute 1.

He should have given Wales at least 1 yellow at the end of the game but bottled it.

You'll never hook anything with rancid bait like that. Poor effort.
C69

Kawazaki wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:40 am

You'll never hook anything with rancid bait like that. Poor effort.
No need. It's pretty axiomatic tbh.
No one could say otherwise.
salanya

Are you going for humour here? Otherwise you have a serious problem with your red-tinted glasses. :bimbo:
C69

salanya wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:29 am

Are you going for humour here? Otherwise you have a serious problem with your red-tinted glasses. :bimbo:
Not at all. I don't think any of my points are wrong
Wales should have been carded at the end.
Fiji weren't penalised throughout the match for the infringements listed.
It's not even debatable. You may want to just focus on the last few minutes but if you look at the whole of the match then you will see that the picture I have painted is correct.
salanya

That's bimbo level of 'debate':
'I'm right, you're looking at the wrong things, it's not debatable'

If that comparison to Bimbo doesn't tell you that you're having a bias problem, I'm not sure what will....
C69

Anyway moving on from personal attacks.
Will Fiji be able to match the Ozzie on Sunday.
It seems unlikely but if they win the group is going to be mighty tasty and the Wales v OZ match will be a cracker.
Ovals

C69 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:42 pm Anyway moving on from personal attacks.
It seems unlikely but if they win the group is going to be mighty tasty and the Wales v OZ match will be a cracker.
Yeah - the fact that Fiji picked up 2 BPs against Wales, means that a win for Fiji v Oz, will make the group very interesting. There could be a number of possibilities depending on the score in the Wales v Oz game. Could also depend on BPs v the other teams in the Group. The Oz game is a really tough ask for Fiji after such a clash with Wales. Have to fancy Oz to win.
Torquemada 1420

:lol:
Carley bought not only a Welsh win but a 1/4 final spot. Had you rightly and fairly lost the game, you were on the tractor home.
Torquemada 1420

Too late. They've selected the team to start that they should have done for Wales:
- Botia in the backrow and
- Tuiosava in the centre (for tackle shy Radradra)

Aus is the best team in the group......... which isn't saying much.
C69

Torquemada 1420 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:48 pm
Too late. They've selected the team to start that they should have done for Wales:

I suppose we will see.
After last night I think you have no position to talk about other teams being favoured by the officials.
Lol tbh I really don't care if the ref apparently gifted us the match. Long may it continue.
Botia for me is probably the best flanker in the world atm.
Crazy he was on the bench
Slick

Why do they not have one of the more box office games on its own on a Friday night? Seems a bit silly
All the money you made will never buy back your soul
C69

Slick wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:46 pm Why do they not have one of the more box office games on its own on a Friday night? Seems a bit silly
Yeah pretty strange
Torquemada 1420

Slick wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:46 pm Why do they not have one of the more box office games on its own on a Friday night? Seems a bit silly
Same reason as it always has been: the fixture list is always rigged to give the big teams the best rest gaps and fixture run.
Torquemada 1420

C69 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:14 pm

I suppose we will see.
After last night I think you have no position to talk about other teams being favoured by the officials.
Lol tbh I really don't care if the ref apparently gifted us the match. Long may it continue.
If you are referring to the yellow card, I really didn't think it was red. And I doubt we'll even see a citing, let alone a post upgrade to red.

Nothing is going to come close to either the consistency of cheating by Carley or the magnitude of consequence this RWC.
C69

Torquemada 1420 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:09 pm
C69 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:14 pm

I suppose we will see.
If you are referring to the yellow card, I really didn't think it was red. And I doubt we'll even see a citing, let alone a post upgrade to red.

Nothing is going to come close to either the consistency of cheating by Carley or the magnitude of consequence this RWC.
Yeah this is peak Torque
Look I have no issue with being gifted match

I'll not try and have discourse because Wales are cancelled
ASMO

Chile 10 is a damned good player, great try.
_Os_

Fonz wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:26 pm Couldn’t help but laugh on the PR Superbru seeing people taking France by, 60, 70, etc. Uruguay are a very decent side (arguably the strongest team outside the Tier 1+PIs that isn’t Georgia, excepting perhaps Portugal), playing their opening match against the French second string. It was always going to be close.
Does 54 points count? :grin:

It was a strong pick by you, looking at some of the other matches you used similar logic and weren't as close. I watched the Uruguay/Nam/Chile warmups. There wasn't some vast huge difference between the three, but Uruguay the best and about a score or two ahead of Nam, who were in turn better than Chile. How that translates into matches against T1 countries is quite difficult to work out, some have game plans better suited to facing those teams maybe.

Fiji v Wallabies is what will determine the picking this round. All the stats (possession/territory/carries/metres made ... and everything else) favoured Fiji against Wales, but Wales won, so that could be used to pick Fiji or not. I'm going Fiji in a close one.
Torquemada 1420

_Os_ wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:31 pm I'm going Fiji in a close one.
Thanks for heads up :thumbup: :grin:
Torquemada 1420

_Os_ wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:31 pm
Fonz wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:26 pm Couldn’t help but laugh on the PR Superbru seeing people taking France by, 60, 70, etc. Uruguay are a very decent side (arguably the strongest team outside the Tier 1+PIs that isn’t Georgia, excepting perhaps Portugal), playing their opening match against the French second string. It was always going to be close.
Does 54 points count? :grin:

It was a strong pick by you, looking at some of the other matches you used similar logic and weren't as close. I watched the Uruguay/Nam/Chile warmups. There wasn't some vast huge difference between the three, but Uruguay the best and about a score or two ahead of Nam, who were in turn better than Chile. How that translates into matches against T1 countries is quite difficult to work out, some have game plans better suited to facing those teams maybe.

Fiji v Wallabies is what will determine the picking this round. All the stats (possession/territory/carries/metres made ... and everything else) favoured Fiji against Wales, but Wales won, so that could be used to pick Fiji or not. I'm going Fiji in a close one.
Yeah. +200 margin to date doesn't suggest a successful margin tactic.
_Os_

Torquemada 1420 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:09 am
Use that tip at your own risk! Finding it incredibly difficult to call.

Stats for Wales v Fiji:
https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/2023/matc ... fiji#stats
There's not many areas where Wales had an advantage, possession/territory/set piece/discipline, all those stats were equal or favoured Fiji. Wales clearly won the kicking metres stats, but Wales kicked 24 and Fiji 17, Wales just kicked more to get out of their 22. The only stat which really favoured Wales and is where they won it was defence (because they had less possession but also because they were better), 253 tackles and 34 missed (82%) compared to Fiji on 70 tackles and 23 missed (64%).

Stats for Wallabies v Georgia:
https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/2023/matc ... rgia#stats
As lopsided in favour of the Wallabies as they were for Fiji. But the Wallabies made it count on the scoreboard, but then you could take the opposite view that Georgia got 15 points (still the third highest losing score, behind Tonga on 16 and Fiji on 26) doesn't reflect well on the Wallabies. The critical thing in those stats is maybe: Wallabies won 8/9 of their scrums and Georgia 6/6, Wallabies 15/18 of their lineouts and Georgia 11/14, Wallabies made 72 tackles/missed 22 (65%) and Georgia made 159/missed 20 (80%).

Both have squads that are about as experienced (Jones decided not to use the main advantage of the 6N/RC sides, more experienced players). So it comes down to intangibles about how well the weaknesses of one map to the strengths of the other, that are only known to a certainty after the match. Wallabies really struggled in the RC because every side offered resistance in the pack, if they were beaten in the pack it was a total implosion. This Fiji side I'm only judging on the England and Wales matches, hypothetically if Fiji had played this season's 6N they would be midtable, cannot do that without a pack. It then comes down to two unimpressive defences/which attack is better.

Muntz is a big loss for Fiji, probably would've beaten Wales with him.

Pre-RWC thought this one would be a bonus point win for Fiji with the Wallabies getting a four try bonus and a losing margin bonus. Fucked if I know now. Could argue that Fiji had much more in their favour against the Welsh than they will against the Aussies, therefore they lose again, but that's putting a lot of faith in a Wallabies team that doesn't look capable of much.

:bimbo: :bimbo: :bimbo:
Openside

_Os_ wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:52 am

Stats for Wales v Fiji:
There's not many areas where Wales had an advantage, possession/territory/set piece/discipline, all those stats were equal or favoured Fiji. Wales clearly won the kicking metres stats, but Wales kicked 24 and Fiji 17, Wales just kicked more to get out of their 22. The only stat which really favoured Wales and is where they won it was defence (because they had less possession but also because they were better), 253 tackles and 34 missed (82%) compared to Fiji on 70 tackles and 23 missed (64%).

As lopsided in favour of the Wallabies as they were for Fiji. But the Wallabies made it count on the scoreboard, but then you could take the opposite view that Georgia got 15 points (still the third highest losing score, behind Tonga on 16 and Fiji on 26) doesn't reflect well on the Wallabies. The critical thing in those stats is maybe: Wallabies won 8/9 of their scrums and Georgia 6/6, Wallabies 15/18 of their lineouts and Georgia 11/14, Wallabies made 72 tackles/missed 22 (65%) and Georgia made 159/missed 20 (80%).

Both have squads that are about as experienced (Jones decided not to use the main advantage of the 6N/RC sides, more experienced players). So it comes down to intangibles about how well the weaknesses of one map to the strengths of the other, that are only known to a certainty after the match. Wallabies really struggled in the RC because every side offered resistance in the pack, if they were beaten in the pack it was a total implosion. This Fiji side I'm only judging on the England and Wales matches, hypothetically if Fiji had played this season's 6N they would be midtable, cannot do that without a pack. It then comes down to two unimpressive defences/which attack is better.

Pre-RWC thought this one would be a bonus point win for Fiji with the Wallabies getting a four try bonus and a losing margin bonus. Fucked if I know now. Could argue that Fiji had much more in their favour against the Welsh than they will against the Aussies, therefore they lose again, but that's putting a lot of faith in a Wallabies team that doesn't look capable of much.

I want Fiji to beat Oz so Oz can beat Wales and Oz and Fiji go through on points difference 😂
C69

_Os_ wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:52 am

Stats for Wales v Fiji:

Fiji v Wobblies should be a cracker. A win for the canary yellows means Wales are through but this is by no means a given.
Hopefully Fiji have something left in the locker and give the Wobblies a great match