Getting a pass from your missus

Where goats go to escape
Jim Lahey

When did this become a thing?

Jenson Button saying his mrs gave him a pass to start racing F1 again. I've heard a few mates saying the same, and referring to their wife as "The Boss" etc.
Ian Madigan for Ireland.
TedMaul

She’s going to kill you if she sees this.
Jim Lahey

TedMaul wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:01 am She’s going to kill you if she sees this.
Please don't tell her.
Ian Madigan for Ireland.
Sandstorm

Happy wife, happy life.
Margin__Walker

Sandstorm wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:44 am Happy wife, happy life.
Amen.
Jim Lahey

Naturally.

Maybe it is my anti-authoritarian streak but I can't do the whole pretending to ask for permission or referring to her as my boss. I will always talk through major decisions with her, and she'd win more of those battles than I would tbf, but jaysus I'd never tell the lads that I'd need to check "with the boss" if I can do something (despite probably doing it anyway). I'm an adult ffs.

I know a lot of lads say they'll check with the boss and then say they didn't get a pass, even though they just couldn't be arsed in the first place and decide its better to throw the wife under the bus instead of losing face in front of the lads. Which is a hell of a lot worse, makes them look like total pussies and their wives look like control freaks (which is undeserved in a lot of cases).
Ian Madigan for Ireland.
Ymx

Jim Lahey wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:42 am
Naturally.

Maybe it is my anti-authoritarian streak but I can't do the whole pretending to ask for permission or referring to her as my boss. I will always talk through major decisions with her, and she'd win more of those battles than I would tbf, but jaysus I'd never tell the lads that I'd need to check "with the boss" if I can do something (despite probably doing it anyway). I'm an adult ffs.

I know a lot of lads say they'll check with the boss and then say they didn't get a pass, even though they just couldn't be arsed in the first place and decide its better to throw the wife under the bus instead of losing face in front of the lads. Which is a hell of a lot worse, makes them look like total pussies and their wives look like control freaks (which is undeserved in a lot of cases).
I think making their wives look like control freaks would be a deliberate ploy. Not one, which the wives would like. So that will be your best angle. If your wife doesn’t let you out then you threaten her with exposing her control freakery!
Margin__Walker

Maybe it's an issue of terminology.

If I disappear for the night on a Friday night or spend all day away on a Saturday doing something (probably not racing F1 tbf), my Wife would have to pick up all the slack on the child care. I'm absolutely checking if that's cool with her first as it's a partnership with give and take etc.
Jim Lahey

Margin__Walker wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:56 am Maybe it's an issue of terminology.

If I disappear for the night on a Friday night or spend all day away on a Saturday doing something (probably not racing F1 tbf), my Wife would have to pick up all the slack on the child care. I'm absolutely checking if that's cool with her first as it's a partnership with give and take etc.
Of course. I've 3 young girls so in the same position.

But the big difference is that I know myself what I can and cannot get away with.

The lads suggest a mad one on a Friday night? I'm coaching my kid's football team at 9am on Saturday and then watching my other girl play at 10.30am, and I want to hang out with the kids in the afternoon and give my missus the afternoon off, so I can play golf/go for a cycle on Sunday.

It ain't happening lads because I want to spend my weekend doing other stuff. This is the correct response.

I'm not going to say, "let me check with the boss to see if I can get a pass." I've known her for 13 years and been married 9, I know the rules of engagement by this stage!
Ian Madigan for Ireland.
TedMaul

Refry and his mate Andrew Tate are scoffing at you pansies.
Gumboot

Jim Lahey wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:42 amI know a lot of lads say they'll check with the boss and then say they didn't get a pass, even though they just couldn't be arsed in the first place and decide its better to throw the wife under the bus instead of losing face in front of the lads. Which is a hell of a lot worse, makes them look like total pussies and their wives look like control freaks (which is undeserved in a lot of cases).
LOL so true!
Sandstorm

TedMaul wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:11 am Refry and his mate Andrew Tate are scoffing at you pansies.
:smile: :grin:
Line6 HXFX

My mate andrew tate... jesus. Lol. Is there any shit you don't want to throw at me?

Hey if my misogyny can get women into nursing and into loving men's arms..instead of hitting the wall...and being lonely all their lives, turning into Anne Fucking Widdecombe or boobs not moobs.. hey all fucking for it.

:thumbup:

Is there anything more feminist or independent than being a nurse?

They don't even cook half the time.
Stranger

That should be a ban
Stranger

Actually what I should have said was fuck off you tedious twat.
TedMaul

Amen.
yermum

I have to admit that I do occasionally use the excuse of saying my wife is playing tennis to get out of stuff.

But it is poor form …
Biffer

Stranger wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:29 pm That should be a ban
Considering he’s been warned for it already this week, it should be, yes.
And are there two g’s in Bugger Off?
Calculon

Jim Lahey wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:42 am
Naturally.

I do that but it's more along the lines of "we already made plans to go and see her mother, or "she made plans and and i already committed". and tbf she does the same

one of the perks of being in a relationship
shaggy

yermum wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:30 am I have to admit that I do occasionally use the excuse of saying my wife is playing tennis to get out of stuff.

But it is poor form …
Rule 1 you shite
Yeeb

I am lucky in that I never have to ask permission to go out on the piss. However, I do need permission to lie in bed all of the next day / until noon at least with a massive hangover , vomit on the floor, not do anything useful or take the kids to their clubs etc

Hangovers deffo get worse after 30, and really bad after 45