6 Nations 2024

Where goats go to escape
C T

Tichtheid wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:36 am I’ve watched three so far, I’m quite enjoying it. The focus so far seems to be on certain players from each team, Finn, Negri, Genge, Porter, Dupont, plus input from their coaches.
Got to admit I'm quite enjoying it too.

It's giving me a nice reminder (which I've realised that I need from time to time) that the players, coaches etc. are human.
Paddington Bear

Slick wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:57 am
Paddington Bear wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:33 am
Raggs wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:02 am

Fra Ire, watching at home.

Ita Eng, not sure. Quite likely to be playing, and therefore unlikely to be able avoid the scoreline. Will watch on some sort of catchup after.

Wal Scot, probably miss a fair bit of it, but hopefully watch at home.
Taking the old man to Rome as his 60th birthday present. Probably try and record the France Ireland game and watch after dinner back at the airbnb. Alternately, we are staying next to an Irish bar so could sack off the local cuisine.
Go to some of the Roman ruins in the morning then head to the stadium for the England game, last time I went to Rome they had a ‘Peroni fan village’ outside the ground so likely watch Wales v Scotland there before heading to a decent restaurant for the evening. Should be a cracker.
Please send my regards to the old boy
Will do - he has not changed even slightly!
Old men forget: yet all shall be forgot, But he'll remember with advantages, What feats he did that day
Slick

Paddington Bear wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:50 pm
Paddington Bear wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:33 am

Taking the old man to Rome as his 60th birthday present. Probably try and record the France Ireland game and watch after dinner back at the airbnb. Alternately, we are staying next to an Irish bar so could sack off the local cuisine.
Go to some of the Roman ruins in the morning then head to the stadium for the England game, last time I went to Rome they had a ‘Peroni fan village’ outside the ground so likely watch Wales v Scotland there before heading to a decent restaurant for the evening. Should be a cracker.
Doesn’t surprise me in the slightest 😂

Did you get the cricket sorted?
All the money you made will never buy back your soul
Paddington Bear

Slick wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 1:06 pm
Paddington Bear wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:50 pm

Doesn’t surprise me in the slightest 😂

Did you get the cricket sorted?
No - I’ve dropped you a private message with my contact sdetails. I have a suspicion it went through the website into junk
Old men forget: yet all shall be forgot, But he'll remember with advantages, What feats he did that day
Slick

OK, I'll look out for it, hasn't arrived yet
fishfoodie

Officials for this years 6N

https://rugbyreferee.net/2023/12/05/202 ... announced/
Men’s Guinness Six Nations 2024 match official appointments
Round 1 – 2-3 Feb 2024

France v Ireland (Marseille)
Referee: Karl Dickson (Eng)
ARs: Matthew Carley (Eng) & Jordan Way (Aus)
TMO: Ben Whitehouse (Wal)

Italy v England
Referee: Paul Williams (NZ)
ARs: Nic Berry (Aus) & Pierre Brousset (Fra) Nika Amashukeli (Geo)
TMO: Brett Cronan (Aus)

Wales v Scotland
Referee: Ben O’Keeffe (NZ)
ARs: James Doleman (NZ) & Angus Mabey (NZ)
TMO: Brendon Pickerill (NZ)

Round 2 – 10-11 Feb 2024

Scotland v France
Referee: Nic Berry (Aus)
ARs: Nika Amashukeli (Geo) & Jordan Way (Aus)
TMO: Brian MacNeice (Ire)

England v Wales
Referee: James Doleman (NZ)
ARs: Ben O’Keeffe (NZ) & Hollie Davidson (Sco)
TMO: Brendon Pickerill (NZ)

Ireland v Italy
Referee: Pierre Brousset (Fra)
ARs: Mathieu Raynal (Fra) & Luc Ramos (Fra)
TMO: Eric Gauzins (Fra)

Round 3 – 24-25 Feb 2024

Ireland v Wales
Referee: Andrea Piardi (Ita)
ARs: Karl Dickson (Eng) & Gianluca Gnecchi (Ita)
TMO: Eric Gauzins (Fra)

Scotland v England
Referee: Andrew Brace (Ire)
ARs: Chris Busby (Ire) & Eoghan Cross (Ire)
TMO: Marius Jonker (SA)

France v Italy (in Lille)
Referee: Christophe Ridley (Eng)
ARs: Matthew Carley (Eng) & Craig Evans (Wal)
TMO: Ian Tempest (Eng)

Round 4 – 9-10 Mar 2024

Italy v Scotland
Referee: Jaco Peyper (SA). Angus Gardner (Aus)
ARs: Karl Dickson (Eng) & Adam Leal (Eng)
TMO: Marius van der Westhuizen (SA)

England v Ireland
Referee: Nika Amashukeli (Geo)
ARs: Andrea Piardi (Ita) & Craig Evans (Wal)

Wales v France
Referee: Luke Pearce (Eng)
ARs: Andrew Brace (Ire) & Damian Schneider (Arg)
TMO: Ian Tempest (Eng)

Round 5 – 16-17 Mar 2024

Wales v Italy
Referee: Mathieu Raynal (Fra)
ARs: Chris Busby (Ire) & Morné Ferreira (SA)
TMO: Joy Neville (Ire)

Ireland v Scotland
Referee: Matthew Carley (Eng)
ARs: Karl Dickson (Eng) & Christophe Ridley (Eng)
TMO: Marius Jonker (SA)

France v England (in Lyon)
Referee: Angus Gardner (Aus)
ARs: Nika Amashukeli (Geo) & Damian Schneider (Arg)
inactionman

A question for the other nations, really

Any young tyros or other new faces coming through that we should keep an eye out for?

I know very little about the Italian team or the new Welsh lads, and both Ireland and France have had some notable omissions from last time which has led to a rejig. Scottish fans don't need to mention Alex Hepburn, thanks very much, or Arron Reed for that matter.

England haven't gone radical, you'll be amazed to hear, although of squad players Fin Smith looks a very good, composed 10 and young Feyi-Waboso on the wing has pace and strength. He's not starting, obviously (we need to squeeze Eliot Daly in somewhere), but rumours around that he'll be on bench for Italy game.
Slick

inactionman wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:10 pm A question for the other nations, really

Any young tyros or other new faces coming through that we should keep an eye out for?

I know very little about the Italian team or the new Welsh lads, and both Ireland and France have had some notable omissions from last time which has led to a rejig. Scottish fans don't need to mention Alex Hepburn, thanks very much, or Arron Reed for that matter.

England haven't gone radical, you'll be amazed to hear, although of squad players Fin Smith looks a very good, composed 10 and young Feyi-Waboso on the wing has pace and strength. He's not starting, obviously (we need to squeeze Eliot Daly in somewhere), but rumours around that he'll be on bench for Italy game.
We've got a full back no one has ever seen play there if that counts?
inactionman

Slick wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:55 pm
inactionman wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:10 pm A question for the other nations, really

We've got a full back no one has ever seen play there if that counts?
3 wings on the pitch shows good attacking intent :thumbup:

Although he needs a haircut. Badly.
clydecloggie

Good work by the SRB boys. Essential part of 6N culture.
Slick

Just watched the Italy episode of the Netflix thing.

I was a bit upset for Crowley when he got the sack as he seemed to be doing a good job. But thought he, and particularly his absolutely mental assistants, came over as as if coaching Italy was a bit below them. No wonder the federation got the arse with them
Jock42

Slick wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:20 pm Just watched the Italy episode of the Netflix thing.

I was a bit upset for Crowley when he got the sack as he seemed to be doing a good job. But thought he, and particularly his absolutely mental assistants, came over as as if coaching Italy was a bit below them. No wonder the federation got the arse with them
Don't know his name but his 2 i/c was a spectacular bellend. Dismissing the pronunciation of Capuozzo was a standout low.

Also the fact that Crowley has been in Italy since 2016 and can't speak a word of Italian was pretty obnoxious.
Tichtheid

Jock42 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:39 pm
Slick wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:20 pm Just watched the Italy episode of the Netflix thing.

Don't know his name but his 2 i/c was a spectacular bellend. Dismissing the pronunciation of Capuozzo was a standout low.

Also the fact that Crowley has been in Italy since 2016 and can't speak a word of Italian was pretty obnoxious.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought along these lines. The review when it first hit Netflix seemed to paint these two as the most interesting part. They were interesting, but for all the wrong reasons.
Slick

Jock42 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:39 pm

Yes, the Capuozzu bit really annoyed me.

Also glad I wasn’t the only one, almost didn’t post about it!