Kicking off in Israel

Where goats go to escape
Uncle fester

Israel have moved onto the next phase which is jury rigging their schools so that the children are taught "Israeli occupation is good. No bad thoughts about Israel here".
Ymx

This is good news. Maybe not for some on here.

C69

Ymx wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:14 am This is good news. Maybe not for some on here.

Feel free to name names. Great news that the terrorists prisoners are released.
Ymx

They weren’t released
C69

Ymx wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:31 am They weren’t released
They were set free from their captives by the IDF.
FFS be happy that terrorists are not holding these hostages.
Last edited by C69 on Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
C69

Bibi now says the 1 million people can move north.
Lol move north to where?
SaintK

Ymx wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:14 am This is good news. Maybe not for some on here
You really are an utter twat
C69

SaintK wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:19 am
Ymx wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:14 am This is good news. Maybe not for some on here
You really are an utter twat
That is really a bit unfiar, he does at least try to err support hisposts with twitter. Albeit with far right and racist sources.
See David Collier :oops:
I just think he is passionate about causes and has no knowledge whatsoever about political science or histroical context.
Ymx

Uncle fester wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:54 am Israel have moved onto the next phase which is jury rigging their schools so that the children are taught "Israeli occupation is good. No bad thoughts about Israel here".
You’d rather the children continue to be taught to hate and kill Jews?

What’s wrong with you?
Slick

Ymx wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:39 pm
Uncle fester wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:54 am Israel have moved onto the next phase which is jury rigging their schools so that the children are taught "Israeli occupation is good. No bad thoughts about Israel here".

What’s wrong with you?
I think where you are going wrong here is that most people would prefer neither happened.
All the money you made will never buy back your soul
Ymx

Slick wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:47 pm

What’s wrong with you?
I think where you are going wrong here is that most people would prefer neither happened.
But, right now, and before Oct 7, the children have and are being actively encouraged to hate and kill Jewish.

So it’s not something that can be wished away.

Being brainwashed to get on with Jews vs brainwashed to want to kill them, is probably the better option.

At least to me. I clearly don’t speak for Fester.
Uncle fester

If Israel didn't kill so many of them and treat them so badly, they might not hate Israel so much.
Guy Smiley

Ymx wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:53 pm
Slick wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:47 pm

What’s wrong with you?
But, right now, and before Oct 7, the children have and are being actively encouraged to hate and kill Jewish.

So it’s not something that can be wished away.

Being brainwashed to get on with Jews vs brainwashed to want to kill them, is probably the better option.

At least to me. I clearly don’t speak for Fester.
The way you continue to miss the points others are making so spectacularly suggests you're trolling. It's a pretty grim subject to troll over and you do seem to be emotionally invested, so perhaps it's not that you're trolling and are incapable of applying some sort of critical thinking to the subject.

We get what you're saying about Palestinian kids being conditioned.

You don't seem to understand that the Israelis are doing the same thing and have done for years.

On top of that, the nature of Israel's (illegal) occupation in the West Bank, coupled with its (illegal) blockade and brutal oppression of Gaza and its inhabitants contributes massively to the hate the occupants feel towards their oppressor... that should be a relatively simple concept to grasp.
Gumboot

Ymx wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:14 amThis is good news. Maybe not for some on here.
C'mon mate, I realise this topic is super triggering for you, but you're better than this.
Marylandolorian

^ no he’s not

Beside all the killings from both sides, what also bothers me it’s this type of behavior from some people like this Paul Currie.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2024/f ... nce-member
C69

What’s wrong with you?
That's a crass and moronic response at best.
Otherwise you are trolling. I don't think you are trolling.
Ymx

Gumboot wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:09 pm
Ymx wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:14 amThis is good news. Maybe not for some on here.
C'mon mate, I realise this topic is super triggering for you, but you're better than this.
It was a dig.

Bit I’m seriously uncertain about what the actual thoughts are here.

There was a comment about Israel being the best intelligence in the world. Then immediately one saying either they were either incompetent (see previous sentence) or complicit.

Israel missed all this tunnel building and now allegedly missed terrorists in their vetting.
Seems like either incompetence of some degree of complicity.”

And then there was Fester rueing over the likelihood that Israel might finish this war, eliminate Hamas and stop the hate at the schools. He wants them to continue to hate because he thinks that’s what Israel deserves.

So you tell me what to think ?!
Gumboot

*sigh*

See C69's comment above wrt your strawman tactics.

All this knee-jerk demonising of other posters with different opinions to yours is just so tiresome, bro...
sefton

If you want to look at the issue of hatred then the Israeli cabinet would be a suitable place to start.
Uncle fester

Ymx wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:46 pm

So you tell me what to think ?!
You seem to be able to manage this just fine and even tell others what they think too.
Uncle fester

sefton wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:09 pm If you want to look at the issue of hatred then the Israeli cabinet would be a suitable place to start.
Israeli protests at their actions being labelled "genocide" look a bit weak when their PM is quoting the Amalek sections of the old testament.
C69

Any government that has Kahanist scum with ministerial responsibility is fucking nuts.
Crypto fascist racist terrorists.

Ymx Google that you may learn something about the genesis of the settlers motives.Some may say the trigger or genesis for much of the Hamas terror.
Guy Smiley

Uncle fester wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:25 pm
sefton wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:09 pm If you want to look at the issue of hatred then the Israeli cabinet would be a suitable place to start.
Israeli protests at their actions being labelled "genocide" look a bit weak when their PM is quoting the Amalek sections of the old testament.
That's anTi sEmItiSm
Calculon

Last edited by Calculon on Tue Feb 13, 2024 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guy Smiley

Billy Bragg
·
Even Keir Starmer now seems to recognise that the harrowing of the Palestinian people by Israel cannot be justified. Governments and commentators in the west have accepted Netanyahu’s claim that he is trying to avoid civilian casualties by advising the inhabitants of Gaza to move south to escape bombardment. Now the Israelis have begun to bomb Rafah, the last city in southern Gaza, where 1.4 million people including 600,000 children were told by Israel to seek safe refuge.

Again Netanyahu claims non-combatants will be evacuated before his army makes a full-on assault on the city, but how? And to where? What infrastructure will Israel provide for the evacuees now that they have convinced western governments to stop funding the main providers of relief to the Palestinian people, UNWRA?

Understandably horrified by the atrocities committed by Hamas on 7th October, you may have refrained from calling for a ceasefire. Perhaps you fear that speaking up in defence of the deaths of over 27,000 Palestinian civilians at the hands of the Israeli Defence Force will leave you open to accusations of antisemitism? Maybe you just want to look away, unable to cope with the images coming out of Israel and Gaza over the past months.

Yes, Israel has been attacked and has suffered terribly, but at what point does the retaliation become disproportionate? If this were a street brawl, we have for some time been at the point where one protagonist lies helpless on the floor while the other is stamping on his head. If you saw that happening in the street, surely your first impulse would be take some action to stop the violence? You might appeal for mercy or call the police, maybe even intervene yourself.

If you subsequently learned that the man on the floor had been the aggressor, would you apologise to the other guy and say “In that case carry on stamping on his head"? I think not. Your concern would not only be for the safety of the man on the floor, but also a worry that the man doing the stamping might end up being charged with murder.

The author and campaigner Naomi Klein, has written that our response to the Gaza conflict should be rooted in values that side with the child over the gun every single time, no matter whose gun and no matter whose child. Yes, some people are clearly exploiting the current mood of anti-Israel sentiment to stir up hatred against the Jewish community. But we cannot let their bigoted behaviour prevent us from speaking out against the Israeli war machine that has cornered the Palestinian people in Rafah and shows no sign of halting hostilities.

Those calling for an end to this conflict are driven by same imperative that stops us from walking quickly past when we see someone stamping on the head of another human being. That's not antisemitism, that's humanity. See less
Ymx

That reads like something written by a child.

When the perpetrator cuts the baby out of your pregnant wife, tortures and breaks your daughter and drives her around on a jeep celebrating, I’m thinking there’s no time to stop until they’re permanently finished.

if you need reminding of the above.

https://www.thisishamas.com/
C69

Ymx wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:03 am That reads like something written by a child.

When the perpetrator cuts the baby out of your pregnant wife, tortures and breaks your daughter and drives her around on a jeep celebrating, I’m thinking there’s no time to stop until they’re permanently finished.

I don't see the point of your posts, no one at all supports Hamas and everyone without fail has condemned their barbarity.
Why repeated post such gore?
Ymx

C69 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:37 pm
Ymx wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:03 am That reads like something written by a child.

I don't see the point of your posts, no one at all supports Hamas and everyone without fail has condemned their barbarity.
To remind people why they need to be eradicated
Guy Smiley

Ymx wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:03 pm

C69

I would suspect that the magnitude of deaths in Gaza mean a lot of the population there want Israeli soldiers and their leaders eradicated
An eye for an eye bollocks.
Ymx

Israel will not stop, and I think they are within their rights to destroy the Hamas entity. Hamas have outlined their complete lack of willingness to ever negotiate a permanent peace. Gaza from 2006 was theirs to make what they could. They chose this path.

Hamas brought this to their doorstep.

Israel are spelling out in advance where they are next attacking to avoid civilian casualties.

If stats are to be believed, the ratio of Hamas to civilian death is extremely high for a war/conflict.
Guy Smiley

If you believe that then I've got shares in a bridge to sell you.
Uncle fester

Consider what's on offer for Palestinians.

Creeping eradication in the West Bank as Israeli settlements backed by idf take more and more land/confinement in the world's largest open air prison.

Or

Annihilation

Not really much of a choice there.

At some point Israel is going to have to find moderates and deal with them, while blocking out the extremists. They are direct contributors to this crisis because they took out all the moderates, leaving only the extremists. In fact, they went further than that in actually backing the extremists as part of a misjudged divide and conquer strategy. The more they kill, the more extremists they create.
Gumboot

Guy Smiley wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:30 pm

Indeed. A patronising child, at that.
I like neeps

Guy Smiley wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:11 pm If you believe that then I've got shares in a bridge to sell you.
I think he means the ratio of civilians to Hamas fighters is extremely high for a conflict.
C69

I like neeps wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 8:32 am
Guy Smiley wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:11 pm If you believe that then I've got shares in a bridge to sell you.
I think he means the ratio of civilians to Hamas fighters is extremely high for a conflict.
And? Let see the methodology in the collection of the figures and those of previous conflicts
Otherwise it's complete finger in the air bollocks.
Even if true wtf does it matter?
Gumboot

This is looking like it could get very grim. Israel is poised to attack Rafah in its futile quest to destroy Hamas.

More than one million Palestinian civilians have nowhere else to go. They are trapped.

Israel needs to desist.
Guy Smiley

Israel

doesn't

care

after 80 years of wailing to the world about the brutality of the holocaust and engaging sympathies everywhere, Israel now finds itself gleefully doing the same thing. Crying 'I am the victim' while carrying out atrocity after atrocity. This conflict is going to spill over borders everywhere and the result will be increased acts of terror and reprisals carried out within civilian areas all over the world.

Night follows day.
C69

Guy Smiley wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:51 pm Israel

doesn't

care

after 80 years of wailing to the world about the brutality of the holocaust and engaging sympathies everywhere, Israel now finds itself gleefully doing the same thing. Crying 'I am the victim' while carrying out atrocity after atrocity. This conflict is going to spill over borders everywhere and the result will be increased acts of terror and reprisals carried out within civilian areas all over the world.

Night follows day.
Thank God you are not in the English Labour Party or you would be expelled.
Hugo

Guy Smiley wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:51 pm This conflict is going to spill over borders everywhere and the result will be increased acts of terror and reprisals carried out within civilian areas all over the world.

Night follows day.
Indeed. When people die in the west at the hands of Islamic extremists people are justifiably up in arms about it. However, since October the number of kids who have been killed by Israel has dwarfed the number of western civilians who have been killed by jihadis. 10,000 kids have died - three times the number who perished on September 11th - and the west has either been complicit (most obviously the US) or sat on the sidelines and done next to nothing about it.

It's probably the most disappointing/depressing thing about this. Honestly can't really blame jihadis for wanting to avenge the deaths of all those Palestinian kids, I would be in the same exact boat as them if it was my kids who were killed.
Last edited by Hugo on Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.