Where goats go to escape
TedMaul

This is fizzing beautifully.
Congratulations.
TedMaul

_Os_ wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:50 am
Rhubarb & Custard wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:30 am
_Os_ wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:17 am

It is amusing how little weight the word cunt carries in SA, most would've be unaware of the word before this.
We've heard how little SA cares about cunts. Goes some day to explaining the appalling record on rape
No one caring if a wit kant is raped and the victim having to make her own peace with the crime without justice, wasn't that a book JM Coetzee wrote about the English midlands?
I think you’re confusing this with the whimsical little story Stephen Fry penned on this one

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-b ... s-67307552
OomStruisbaai

TedMaul wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:26 am

We've heard how little SA cares about cunts. Goes some day to explaining the appalling record on rape
No one caring if a wit kant is raped and the victim having to make her own peace with the crime without justice, wasn't that a book JM Coetzee wrote about the English midlands?
I think you’re confusing this with the whimsical little story Stephen Fry penned on this one

You dont have to give us UK press release and articles about our crime. Its part of our day to day life.
OomStruisbaai

"Dose is oral" have a total different meaning in Afrikaans.
Calculon

It is amusing how little weight the word cunt carries in SA, most would've be unaware of the word before this.
that is actually a completely cuntish remark, well done
SaintK

Suggestion
This thread has polarised into an unseemly shit fight. Why don't we just let it disappear?
Calculon

Biffer wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:30 am
LoveOfTheGame wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:23 am Why this is still being discussed is obviously beyond me. The English are frothing from the mouth, the Saffa's are making a mockery out of it, which in turn makes the English froth some more, which just makes the Saffa's laugh at them more. Just let it die already ffs.
There’s a certain small section of British society (and American tbf) - and I am most definitely NOT referring to anyone on here -that is desperate for instances they can point to of black people being racist to white people. They’re the kind of people thinking that a black man calling a white man a white cunt is completely equivalent to a white man calling a black man a black cunt. That’s why it’s still playing out on social media.
This, and no, it doesn’t mean you think Black people can’t be racist. If you’ve lived in a Black African country you’d be fully aware that Black African people can be just as prejudiced and racist as any Whitey.
OomStruisbaai

SaintK wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:30 pm Suggestion
This thread has polarised into an unseemly shit fight. Why don't we just let it disappear?
Why do you want it to disappear?

You lot thought its only me and Sards, now the likes of Os and Calc joined.

An Afrikaans speaker like myself suffer with the red tale, this is all valid points. Soutie like Os understand us and is on the same level as you English lot. Let them explain rather then myself, trying my best to explain but look like a fucking idiot. A bit like Curry trying to understand afrikaans.
LoveOfTheGame

Classy comment, you must be very proud of that effort.
OomStruisbaai

TedMaul

And lower we go.
Not entirely certain how you lads have a grasp on on your global positioning.
Me.
I take people as I find them.
So first Saffa I met was one of two at my new golf club, London environs, 2001. 2750 members. He was actually despised for being a wanker a racist and a cheat.
Case 2: New club. One Saffa. A wanker an unfunny tool and a cheat.
Recent. Younger guy. Really charming. However. This WC. Total unfunny wanker, weirdo, attempts to fight with everyone. Out.
I take people as I find them.
Last edited by TedMaul on Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TedMaul

As I say. Take people as you find them. Calculon- decent.
Oom - cretinous laughably thick.
Sandstorm

TedMaul wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:27 pm As I say. Take people as you find them. Calculon- decent.
Be nice Ted.
TedMaul

Sands - I will never forget your behind the scenes labelling of the SA crowd bud.
Sandstorm

TedMaul wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:34 pm Sands - I will never forget your behind the scenes labelling of the SA crowd bud.
I’m sure I was fairly kind.
TedMaul

Sandstorm wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:29 pm
TedMaul wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:27 pm As I say. Take people as you find them. Calculon- decent.
Be nice Ted.
Sorry dude.
_Os_

Interesting response.

Rhubarb brings up SA's rape stats. I point out a famous novel (Disgrace) by one of SA's best writers. The plot is multi layered but core to is a white woman (Lucy) being raped by black attackers until she is made pregnant and falling into an arranged marriage situation with the rapist's family, very likely losing her farm to her abusers and her body becoming the chattel of her abusers. It's supposed to read as an allegory for white South Africa generally, at the time it was published it was read by foreigners as specific to SA and called racist etc. But Coetzee has too much depth to write in such a narrow way. Rhubarb is quite wrong, SA isn't unique, we now know there's Lucys in real life in England from Oxford to Rochdale and Rotherham. Coetzee was a just ahead of his time (Disgrace was published in the 1990s), in the book there's some passage discussing high walls and guns to keep attackers out of the farm and Lucy replies that they're pointless (fast forward a quarter of a century and the political debate in the UK/West is obsessed with border controls that are proving to be largely pointless).

Your reply to this is someone being senselessly murdered in SA? It happens in the UK too you know. Years back we had a Saffa poster who was bottled by youths in London for wearing a Bok jersey and lost his eye, granted that's not murder, but it's not nothing and was someone I actually chatted with.

The constant claims you're better than us just don't really work. There's people on this thread trying to claim Bongi is an anti-white racist (without any evidence at all), whilst there's Saffa posters stating this is incredibly unlikely who have experienced real anti-white racism, as in being told they will not be employed because they are white.

You just hate us that's all, as your later posts make clear. Don't mistake that for thinking you're better than us though.

What is it now, 4 world cups, 1 in each decade the Boks have been allowed to compete, 3 different and distinct generations of players? If you're following the higher levels of this sport, I suggest that you would be better off learning not to hate us, but it's up to you.
Biffer

... waits for Ted to post the spitting image song....
And are there two g’s in Bugger Off?
OomStruisbaai

Biffer wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:46 am ... waits for Ted to post the spitting image song....
Both of you are real drama queens.
Biffer

OomStruisbaai wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:55 am
Biffer wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:46 am ... waits for Ted to post the spitting image song....
Again, no concept of a joke from Oom
OomStruisbaai

Biffer wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 9:35 am
Thank Ox, he explain it on your level.
Biffer

OomStruisbaai wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:21 am

You don't even realise I was taking the piss out of Ted
SaintK

Biffer wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:49 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I think Oom gets a little confused. He posts as much on PR as he does here!!!!
OomStruisbaai

SaintK wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:53 am
Biffer wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:49 am
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I think Oom gets a little confused. He posts as much on PR as he does here!!!!
:lol: I thought this Ted guy is the Kiwi Ted on PR. :lol: Thought what the fuck is wrong with this doos now. :oops:
Simian

Sards wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:13 pm
sefton wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:35 pm
Sards wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:33 pm Rugby is no longer a pleasure to watch.
It isn’t when England or South Africa play.
I am referring to the completely wanked ref bitching and threats we saw from the French, English and New Zealand sides.
The threats are obviously a huge and horrible issue.

Complaining about Refs isn’t really anything new and I really don’t think fans from any country are blameless in it (look at the comments from South African fans on the URC thread after the sharks loss last night, for example).

I hate to agree with SCW, but for over twenty years he’s banging the drum that the laws are too complicated and open to interpretation (subjective) and that, as a consequence, refs have too much influence on outcome of games. Imo, the ELVs trialled in the mid 2000s were a real missed opportunity to simplify the laws.
OomStruisbaai

Always sad when supporters complain about the ref after a loss. I never go there.
Simian

OomStruisbaai wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:46 pm Always sad when supporters complain about the ref after a loss. I never go there.
It is what it is. Just my personal view, but the move from referees refereeing the game to managing a spectacle is that very heart of the problems we have. To give a concrete example ‘Hands off COLOR’ shouldn’t be a thing we ever hear. It’s an offence. Penalise it. It’s wild to me that we all know that split seconds matter for the distinction between quick and slow ball, but this happens every game to let the game flow. Enforce the laws ffs.

If you’re saying hands off, it’s a penalty. Don’t guess at whether it had a material effect. Penalise them off the park and it will happen.
OomStruisbaai

The dust move from England kant to England ref again.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/133 ... have-stood
The All Blacks have another incident to add to their ‘what-if’ file after their agonising 12-11 loss to South Africa in the Rugby World Cup final.

Stuff understands World Rugby has privately acknowledged to the All Blacks that the ruling out of Aaron Smith’s try in the final was in fact outside the rules, but is refusing to publicly acknowledge that.

Discussions have been ongoing in an effort to get World Rugby to publicly clarify that the TMO ruling was a breach of the current rules governing the game.

Smith’s disallowed try occurred in the 54th minute of the tense final at the Stade de France in Paris, following a brilliant break by Richie Mo’unga.
It was called back when TMO Tom Foley spotted a knock-on at a lineout, and referee Wayne Barnes then disallowed the try.

However, the knock-on happened four phases before the Smith try, despite the TMO only having the power to look back two phases for any knock-on in the buildup to a try.

World Rugby updated this TMO protocol in the middle of 2022, issuing a release that stated that TMO referrals were possible for “all clear and obvious knock-on or throw forward infringements within two phases leading to a possible try”.

Four minutes after the try was ruled out, Beauden Barrett scored for the All Blacks, although in a less advantageous position for Mo’unga’s conversion attempt.

Mo’unga missed that kick – which would have put the All Blacks in the lead, and Jordie Barrett was also off target from a later penalty kick attempt.

The Rugby World Cup final was full of flashpoint moments, including the red card to All Blacks captain Sam Cane and the yellow card to Springboks captain Siya Kolisi.

Eyebrows were also raised when Springboks halfback Faf de Klerk was not penalised for refusing to put the ball into the scrum because his side was under pressure late in the second half.

However, where these incidents are ultimately a matter of interpretation, the Smith ‘no-try’ incident frustrated the All Blacks because it was clearly in breach of World Rugby’s own rules.

The incident also highlights the amount of control over rugby games that has effectively been passed from referees to video officials.

Departed All Blacks coach Ian Foster was careful not to blame Barnes in his comments the day after the Rugby World final, instead pointing to bigger issues.

“We’ve got to have perspective about this,” Foster said. “It’s a tough game to referee.

“There is a lot of pressure on. Wayne is a quality person and has been a quality referee for a long, long time. I didn’t agree with a number of his decisions last night but that doesn’t change the fact he’s a quality person and quality ref.

We’ve got to own what we own. I think if you look at the issues in the game, many of them were outside of his control.”

Similar points were then raised by former referee Nigel Owens in his column for a Welsh publication after the Rugby World Cup.

“The other issue then is technology and the bunker,” Owens wrote. “It just feels like the TMO is refereeing games at the moment and that's not right.

“Your best man is on the field and they should be making more of the big decisions. Between the on-field officials, TMO and the bunker you had six people having a view or opinion on a decision. Too many cooks in the kitchen has never been so true.”
It was cancelled out with the try awarded. So a moan about nothing.

France probably next again.
Sards

OomStruisbaai wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:44 am The dust move from England kant to England ref again.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/133 ... have-stood
The All Blacks have another incident to add to their ‘what-if’ file after their agonising 12-11 loss to South Africa in the Rugby World Cup final.

It was cancelled out with the try awarded. So a moan about nothing.

France probably next again.
I don't get the whining....especially after the forward pass try....which was given. You would think that NZ would also like that to be looked at in depth.....but no......selective .

Whining bitches.....
Sards

Simian wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:49 pm
Sards wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:13 pm
sefton wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:35 pm

It isn’t when England or South Africa play.
I am referring to the completely wanked ref bitching and threats we saw from the French, English and New Zealand sides.
The threats are obviously a huge and horrible issue.

Complaining about Refs isn’t really anything new and I really don’t think fans from any country are blameless in it (look at the comments from South African fans on the URC thread after the sharks loss last night, for example).
Never saw that....where was it....Ultimately my opinion is that you shoud play the ref and adjust....if you cannot do that you will be butting heads constantly
OomStruisbaai

Slick

OomStruisbaai wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:57 am Image
You should just have that embroidered on your shirts
All the money you made will never buy back your soul
OomStruisbaai

Slick wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:03 am
OomStruisbaai wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:57 am Image
You should just have that embroidered on your shirts
It was the Cape Crusader All Black fans.

Sards

Margin__Walker wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:22 am :lol:

No one's destroying Bongi's career. He's clearly loving it and has probably never been more popular amongst bok fans.

I couldn't agree more
Sards

OomStruisbaai wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 11:36 am

You dont have to give us UK press release and articles about our crime. Its part of our day to day life.
I always am amused by the woke public that have so much to say.
OomStruisbaai

MungoMan

OomStruisbaai wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:06 am
Excellent footage of a marvellous exhibition of skill.

Thanks for posting that, Oom. :thumbup:
TheNatalShark

Doesn't look like it could have been any tighter, really have to wonder if he is doing on countdown from experience, near simultaneous movement.