RWC Final : New Zealand vs South Africa - Sat 28th @ 20.00 BST

Where goats go to escape
Sards

Going on a fishing trip holiday in 2 weeks. Determined to get the kids into artificial lures. Frees me up baiting hooks. I have built a collection of lures and soft lures ...this popped up ony timeline. I need this one badly. Great color btw

I need this
Simian

Sards wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:39 am The ABs never lose. It's always the refs fault
I am so perplexed why you’re persisting with this line when your own coach got such a long ban for criticising the Ref. Can you explain your thinking. You seem to think the Rassie stuff is different to the other instances of people complaining about Refs and I’m interested to know why you think that.
Sards

Simian wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:58 pm
Sards wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:39 am The ABs never lose. It's always the refs fault
I am so perplexed why you’re persisting with this line when your own coach got such a long ban for criticising the Ref. Can you explain your thinking. You seem to think the Rassie stuff is different to the other instances of people complaining about Refs and I’m interested to know why you think that.
I critiqued Rassie for his ref bitching. So whats your issue
Simian

Sards wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:27 pm
Right, so if you acknowledge that SA are every bit as bad as the teams you’re criticising for whining about the Ref, why are you leaving them off your list of teams who whine about the officiating? That’s the bit I don’t understand.

I’m not meaning to have a pop, btw. It just seemed really odd to me that you’ve been complaining so much about teams whining about the officiating for a few weeks now when there’s only one side whose coach got banned for taking the complaining much further than others did. Now you’re saying you criticised Rassie for it, I’m even more puzzled why you’re not including SA among the sides who regularly complain about officiating. I’d kind of assumed by not including SA in your lists you felt Rassie had been hard done by or something.
Slick

This will fry his brain
All the money you made will never buy back your soul
Sandstorm

Simian wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:43 pm

Right, so if you acknowledge that SA are every bit as bad as the teams you’re criticising for whining about the Ref, why are you leaving them off your list of teams who whine about the officiating? That’s the bit I don’t understand.

I’m not meaning to have a pop, btw. It just seemed really odd to me that you’ve been complaining so much about teams whining about the officiating for a few weeks now when there’s only one side whose coach got banned for taking the complaining much further than others did. Now you’re saying you criticised Rassie for it, I’m even more puzzled why you’re not including SA among the sides who regularly complain about officiating. I’d kind of assumed by not including SA in your lists you felt Rassie had been hard done by or something.
I think Sards is talking about this RWC. Bok coaches and fans were on our best behaviour. :angel:
SaintK

Slick wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:57 pm This will fry his brain
Too late already frazzled
Sards

SaintK wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:30 pm
I would like to think I am fair.
I was dead against Rassies actions and its well mentioned on this forum by me. You are discussing 1 man. Unlike the ref bitching from England and New Zealand. France has forgotten the ref issues and moved on to attacking the coach already. That whole, sad, Curry drama, has sucked in all types of weirdos trying to justify it. New Zealand is looking for any and every reason not to admit the loss. It's quite sad. Here we sit X pages in and it's not looking like coming to an end
Sards

Sandstorm wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:00 pm
I think Sards is talking about this RWC. Bok coaches and fans were on our best behaviour. :angel:
Most definitely.

But let's be honest. It's easier sitting in our position.

What South Africa has achieved must really hurt a lot for a lot of countries who really, really, put everything into stopping us.

Now all they have is to try take the gloss off our achievements to attempt todownplay the significance by coming up with bullshit accusations . And sitting in our position we couldn't give a vok. Do what we have achieved and you can join the conversation. And that's not looking likely for a very long time yet.
Guy Smiley

I’ve never seen such a bunch of needy whinging winners like those okes.
Sards

Guy Smiley wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:29 pm I’ve never seen such a bunch of needy whinging winners like those okes.
You would need 4 RWCs to understand
Guy Smiley

Sards wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:30 pm
Guy Smiley wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:29 pm I’ve never seen such a bunch of needy whinging winners like those okes.
Caught me a heavyweight blowtard off one cast.
Sards

Guy Smiley wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:44 pm
Sards wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:30 pm
Caught me a heavyweight blowtard off one cast.
Very well done. Soooo proud of you. Great victory.
Harveys

I used to think we held ourselves to a higher standard than the Saffers, unfortunately im no longer convinced.
Gumboot

wrong fred.
SaintK

Sards wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:18 pm
SaintK wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:30 pm
I would like to think I am fair.
I was dead against Rassies actions and its well mentioned on this forum by me. You are discussing 1 man. Unlike the ref bitching from England and New Zealand. France has forgotten the ref issues and moved on to attacking the coach already. That whole, sad, Curry drama, has sucked in all types of weirdos trying to justify it. New Zealand is looking for any and every reason not to admit the loss. It's quite sad. Here we sit X pages in and it's not looking like coming to an end
On and on and on and on......................drone, drone, drone, drone :bimbo:
Blake

Sandstorm wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:00 pm I think Sards is talking about this RWC. Bok coaches and fans were on our best behaviour. :angel:
Ever since the Rassie ban ended and the talk Siya allegedly had with Rassie after Barnes got some threats after the France match in November 2022, the Bok Management staff have really made a concerted effort to change the culture in the team towards the officials and I think it really shows.

It also makes the other teams' actions and comments regarding referees stick out like a sore thumb, which is so damn satisfying.
Sandstorm

Blake wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:56 am
Sandstorm wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:00 pm I think Sards is talking about this RWC. Bok coaches and fans were on our best behaviour. :angel:
Ever since the Rassie ban ended and the talk Siya allegedly had with Rassie after Barnes got some threats after the France match in November 2022, the Bok Management staff have really made a concerted effort to change the culture in the team towards the officials and I think it really shows.

It also makes the other teams' actions and comments regarding referees stick out like a sore thumb, which is so damn satisfying.
Modern Rugby fans are weird. If you team gets pumped by 25 points, the opposition played well and the ref isn't mentioned.

If you lose by 1 point, the ref robbed you!! And no mention of the opposition playing well at all..... :???:
Blake

Sandstorm wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:23 am

Modern Rugby fans are weird. If you team gets pumped by 25 points, the opposition played well and the ref isn't mentioned.

If you lose by 1 point, the ref robbed you!! And no mention of the opposition playing well at all..... :???:
It's not that weird. It happens in all sport, we've just always been so snooty about our fans and culture that many thought we were above it all.

If a result is close, you will always look for those "bounce of the ball" moments that could have changed the outcome. You don't want to blame your own players for missing a kick, or dropping a pass, so referees are easy targets because so many of their calls are subjective.
Sandstorm

Blake wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:36 am
Sandstorm wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:23 am

It's not that weird. It happens in all sport, we've just always been so snooty about our fans and culture that many thought we were above it all.

If a result is close, you will always look for those "bounce of the ball" moments that could have changed the outcome. You don't want to blame your own players for missing a kick, or dropping a pass, so referees are easy targets because so many of their calls are subjective.
Fair point. Although I would have blamed Aaron Smith for his careless knock-on.....
Grandpa

Apart from France... (Dupont) has any team complained about the ref during the World Cup? Maybe they did and I missed it?
Gumboot

Sandstorm wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:23 amModern Rugby fans are weird. If you team gets pumped by 25 points, the opposition played well and the ref isn't mentioned.

:lol:

You'll be banging that imaginary drum of yours for the next 4 years.

Sad.
Blake

Grandpa wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:29 pm Apart from France... (Dupont) has any team complained about the ref during the World Cup? Maybe they did and I missed it?
I don't think anybody has stepped out of line (Dupont included) but there have been grumblings and insinueations from some coaches and some players here and there.

But the Bok Management has made it a policy that nobody is allowed to make any disparenging comments about officials to the press. Probably an over-correction after Rassie's slap on the wrist, but also something that was spreatheaded by Kolisi after he heard about the threats Barnes received on social media after the France match in 2022.

It's a good policy IMO, especially at the RWC where you don't know when you will have a referee assigned to one of your matches again. In 2019 the Boks had Jérôme Garcès in 3 big matches (NZ pool game, semi-final and final) and now in 2023 we had Ben O'Keeffe in 3 big matches (Ireland pool game, Quarter final vs France and Semi final vs England).

Had Rassie or any of the players gone off the rails after the Ireland loss and bitched endlessly about the last maul or any of the other small incidents it would have been very counterproductive in building a contructive relationship with BO'K heading into the other 2 matches.
Grandpa

Blake wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:27 pm
Grandpa wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:29 pm Apart from France... (Dupont) has any team complained about the ref during the World Cup? Maybe they did and I missed it?
I don't think anybody has stepped out of line (Dupont included) but there have been grumblings and insinueations from some coaches and some players here and there.

But the Bok Management has made it a policy that nobody is allowed to make any disparenging comments about officials to the press. Probably an over-correction after Rassie's slap on the wrist, but also something that was spreatheaded by Kolisi after he heard about the threats Barnes received on social media after the France match in 2022.

It's a good policy IMO, especially at the RWC where you don't know when you will have a referee assigned to one of your matches again. In 2019 the Boks had Jérôme Garcès in 3 big matches (NZ pool game, semi-final and final) and now in 2023 we had Ben O'Keeffe in 3 big matches (Ireland pool game, Quarter final vs France and Semi final vs England).

Had Rassie or any of the players gone off the rails after the Ireland loss and bitched endlessly about the last maul or any of the other small incidents it would have been very counterproductive in building a contructive relationship with BO'K heading into the other 2 matches.
Smarter to think of future consequences... instead go out of your way to praise the ref after a loss... as he did of BOKeeffe after the Ireland game... It was nice to have a world cup where only the fans got upset....
Insane_Homer

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true.”
Jethro

Not entirely sure any Kiwi supporters were moaning about the World Cup final, though the Kiwi media were doing their best to rile things up. What perplexed most supporters I know was the good guys getting past the quarters :wtf:
Gumboot

Jethro wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:27 pm Not entirely sure any Kiwi supporters were moaning about the World Cup final, though the Kiwi media were doing their best to rile things up. What perplexed most supporters I know was the good guys getting past the quarters :wtf:
This.