2024 Springbokke

Where goats go to escape
OomStruisbaai

Sards wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:48 pm
Blake wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:51 am
assfly wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:18 am

The game is outside of the test window, there aren't many options. Normal service will resume for the Ireland series.
The Stormers won't reach the URC final so Libbok and Willemse will both be available to play 10 (if they don't get injured before then)
We all saw that movie.
Chasing the sun 2. World Cups.
Blake

Sards wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:48 pm
Blake wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:51 am
assfly wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:18 am

The game is outside of the test window, there aren't many options. Normal service will resume for the Ireland series.
The Stormers won't reach the URC final so Libbok and Willemse will both be available to play 10 (if they don't get injured before then)
We all saw that movie.
As a starting 10, Manie's record is 9-1. His only loss where he started wasthe pool match vs Ireland.
Damian's record at as a starter at 10 is less impressive at 5-3, but the 3 losses were all away from home against tough opponents; Ireland, France and NZ.

The match against Wales is going to be messy as we are going to have to field a makeshift 23 with a bunch of new combinations and players. I'd rather back known quantities in the key decision making positions than add an experimental 10 into the mix.
assfly

After watching Chasing the Sun, let's put PSdT there just to see how he gets on :lol:
Sards

Blake wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:56 am

The match against Wales is going to be messy as we are going to have to field a makeshift 23 with a bunch of new combinations and players. I'd rather back known quantities in the key decision making positions than add an experimental 10 into the mix.
Agree completely...but tbh I would much rather have Nohamba then Misbok
LoveOfTheGame

Sards wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:47 am

Of course you would.
Blake

LoveOfTheGame wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:18 am

Of course you would.
As a general rule, as long as the Bok coaches do the exact opposite of what Sards wants (dropping Bosch, Fassi etc) I have confidence we are on the right track.

So far it has worked like a charm.
Sards

Have you been watching Nohamba.

Don't worry. Lions are playing the Stormers soon
LoveOfTheGame

Sards wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:11 pm Have you been watching Nohamba.

Ok Jens. Is he the next Elton?
Sards

LoveOfTheGame wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:19 pm
Sards wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:11 pm Have you been watching Nohamba.

Ok Jens. Is he the next Elton?
He ripped Leinster apart.....definitely not the next Elton sweetie pie
He is a former Sharks player...got 10 of the round btw......but thats not the issue. He played 9 for Sharks , then went into a slump. Then left for the Lions and no matter which way you cut it , or attempt to ignore the obvious.....he offers more than Misbok and can cover 9 too...he is on fire.
Sards

Blake wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:32 am
LoveOfTheGame wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:18 am

Of course you would.
As a general rule, as long as the Bok coaches do the exact opposite of what Sards wants (dropping Bosch, Fassi etc) I have confidence we are on the right track.

So far it has worked like a charm.
Going to be hard to ignore Fassie currently....leading the field in 2 stats .... and his defence is vastly improved. So make of it what you will. Rassie vokked Fassi over playing him on the wing...and he still scored tries in his few tests. There is something " special " seeing him in full flight...running straight through defences...no jiggling and jaggling side to side.
Blake

Sards wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:13 am Rassie vokked Fassi over playing him on the wing...and he still scored tries in his few tests.
Rassie likes players that can roll with the punches and can adapt to adversity. If Fasi, as you say, got "fucked over" being played slightly out of his preferred position, he was never Bok material to begin with. Not in the current Bok setup anyway.

Coaches can ask Kolbe to cover for 9, Kriel to cover 13, 14 and 15 as needed, Willemse to cover 10, 12 and 15...but god forbid they ask Fassi to play wing against...*checks notes*...Georgia, Argentina and Wales? Ooookay.
Sards

Blake wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:10 am
Sards wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:13 am Rassie vokked Fassi over playing him on the wing...and he still scored tries in his few tests.
Rassie likes players that can roll with the punches and can adapt to adversity. If Fasi, as you say, got "fucked over" being played slightly out of his preferred position, he was never Bok material to begin with. Not in the current Bok setup anyway.

Coaches can ask Kolbe to cover for 9, Kriel to cover 13, 14 and 15 as needed, Willemse to cover 10, 12 and 15...but god forbid they ask Fassi to play wing against...*checks notes*...Georgia, Argentina and Wales? Ooookay.
Feel sorry for Stomps. Such arrogance.
Do you see what arrogance gets you.
Blake

Only one of the 3 players I mentioned plays for the Stormers. WTF are you on about?

We can't help it if you keep going all-in on mentally fragile players with massive egos...but suddenly a lot about you starts making sense now :think:
Sards

Blake wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:27 am Only one of the 3 players I mentioned plays for the Stormers. WTF are you on about?

We can't help it if you keep going all-in on mentally fragile players with massive egos...but suddenly a lot about you starts making sense now :think:
What the vok are YOU on about.
You guys got too arrogant and have been put in your place by the Bulls and Ospreys. Very fortunately Leinster sent their academy side or you would be going down this weekend. Too many groot kops in the Stormers. Just like the supporters.
If you don't put 50 past Leinster this weekend Lions are going to have the Stormers for breakfast.
assfly

Steady on Blake. Fassi is a good player, but just not good enough for the Boks at the moment. But calling him mentally fragile seems a bit crass in this day and age. If anything, the current Bok team have set the bar so high that new players have to be absolutely smashing the door down to get a look.

I don't know many $harks players screaming for his inclusion in the Boks, apart from Sards.
LoveOfTheGame

Sards wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:29 am
Blake wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:27 am Only one of the 3 players I mentioned plays for the Stormers. WTF are you on about?

You guys got too arrogant and have been put in your place by the Bulls and Ospreys. Very fortunately Leinster sent their academy side or you would be going down this weekend. Too many groot kops in the Stormers. Just like the supporters.
If you don't put 50 past Leinster this weekend Lions are going to have the Stormers for breakfast.
Mr Flip Flop in action, could not hear a peep from him when his Sharkies went going through a slump. Now that they have regained some form, he is back in full force, back to his usual nasty self. Unable to string two sentences together without insulting one of the Stormers players or supporters. One wonders if the Sharks go through another dip if he will become "busy" again with cricket or work.
LoveOfTheGame

assfly wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:36 am Steady on Blake. Fassi is a good player, but just not good enough for the Boks at the moment. But calling him mentally fragile seems a bit crass in this day and age. If anything, the current Bok team have set the bar so high that new players have to be absolutely smashing the door down to get a look.

I don't know many $harks players screaming for his inclusion in the Boks, apart from Sards.
He does not possess BMT is what Blake was saying. And I agree with him. He is wonderful to watch on attack and when he is on song, but that only ever happens when his team is on the front foot. When the screws are being turned against his team and the pressure is building, he is not the type of player that steps up. A bit like Sards is when the Sharks start losing, he just disappears when his team needs him the most.
assfly

LoveOfTheGame wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:07 am He does not possess BMT is what Blake was saying. And I agree with him. He is wonderful to watch on attack and when he is on song, but that only ever happens when his team is on the front foot. When the screws are being turned against his team and the pressure is building, he is not the type of player that steps up. A bit like Sards is when the Sharks start losing, he just disappears when his team needs him the most.
We're having the worst season in our history, I don't know how BMT can be used as a unit of measurement for any of our players. You could use the same argument for any of our backline players. It just seems logical that backline players will always appear better when they're part of a team playing well and a dominant pack.

Anyway, we'll agree to disagree. It just seem like opinions of any $harks players on here are influenced by what Sards has said about them.
Blake

assfly wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:36 am Steady on Blake. Fassi is a good player, but just not good enough for the Boks at the moment. But calling him mentally fragile seems a bit crass in this day and age. If anything, the current Bok team have set the bar so high that new players have to be absolutely smashing the door down to get a look.
Sards is the one out here claiming that Rassie fucked Fassi over because he played him on the wing against a Tier 2 nation and 2 of the weaker Tier 1 teams. ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

Sounds like Sards is the one that has the low opinion on Fassi's mental strength.
Blake

Sards wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:29 am You guys got too arrogant and have been put in your place by the Bulls and Ospreys. Very fortunately Leinster sent their academy side or you would be going down this weekend. Too many groot kops in the Stormers. Just like the supporters.
Our little cash-strapped, shoestring Stormers team lost to the same 2 sides the mighty, Springbok-studded Sharks team lost to?
Seems like we are running in similar circles then.

Does that mean your Sharks also had too many groot kop and arrogant players and supporters when you lost to them?
Just asking questions...
OomStruisbaai

Blake wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:33 am
Sards wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:29 am You guys got too arrogant and have been put in your place by the Bulls and Ospreys. Very fortunately Leinster sent their academy side or you would be going down this weekend. Too many groot kops in the Stormers. Just like the supporters.
Our little cash-strapped, shoestring Stormers team lost to the same 2 sides the mighty, Springbok-studded Sharks team lost to?

Does that mean your Sharks also had too many groot kop and arrogant players and supporters when you lost to them?
Just asking questions...
Don't worry about Sards. He is anti Willemse, wanted Libbok and now hate Libbok again. Don't know the difference between 10 and 15. Willemse confused him.
LoveOfTheGame

OomStruisbaai wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:57 am

Just asking questions...
Don't worry about Sards. He is anti Willemse, wanted Libbok and now hate Libbok again. Don't know the difference between 10 and 15. Willemse confused him.
Sards this weekend...

Sards

LoveOfTheGame wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:01 am
Sards wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:29 am

Mr Flip Flop in action, could not hear a peep from him when his Sharkies went going through a slump. Now that they have regained some form, he is back in full force, back to his usual nasty self. Unable to string two sentences together without insulting one of the Stormers players or supporters. One wonders if the Sharks go through another dip if he will become "busy" again with cricket or work.
I have been very busy at work. Busy with 3 top restaurants and a franchise. And 2 kids at sport. Not ashamed about that. Very proud of myself...

You have no clue young man.Sharks supporters are nowhere like Stomps....blindly faithfull....if things arent going our way we boycott the team. We dont reward mediocricity.
And we dont bellitle players from other unions to make a point...only arrogant voks do that
Last edited by Sards on Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sards

OomStruisbaai wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:57 am

Don't be a doos....I am sure you don't care that Misbok got you kicked out of the Champions Cup......because ....Oh No.....he is a Stormers player and he is God
Sards

Just asking questions...
Where did we lose to them......home or away.....

Anyway....good luck for the weekend.
I want at lease 50 after the Lions destroyed them by 44.....and the Lions have never had the support from SARU that you have had
Sards

LoveOfTheGame wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:09 am
Our little cash-strapped, shoestring Stormers team lost to the same 2 sides the mighty,
How the vok did you sell out to Jurie...The man has limited fundas available...already skimping on new players....
I dont know how Ginger is going to work out.......Ulster are really not happy with him. And the whole NH has seen what he is...ffs he even has his wife defending him on fb....
OomStruisbaai

Sards is a Springbok troller.
LoveOfTheGame

Sards wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:34 am
Our little cash-strapped, shoestring Stormers team lost to the same 2 sides the mighty,
How the vok did you sell out to Jurie...The man has limited fundas available...already skimping on new players....
I dont know how Ginger is going to work out.......Ulster are really not happy with him. And the whole NH has seen what he is...ffs he even has his wife defending him on fb....
How the hell did you manage to eff up the quotes with me and Blake? Can't even do the basics right on a Friday anymore, come on Sards up your game. :thumbdown:
Sards

LoveOfTheGame wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:49 am
How the hell did you manage to eff up the quotes with me and Blake? Can't even do the basics right on a Friday anymore, come on Sards up your game. :thumbdown:
I thought it was ouboet.
Yeah. Lazy of me to edit it.
Have an awesome weekend princess
LoveOfTheGame

Sards wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:57 am

I thought it was ouboet.
That's ok. Thanks my sweetheart, kisses..
Sards

LoveOfTheGame wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:07 am
Sards wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:57 am
I thought it was ouboet.
That's ok. Thanks my sweetheart, kisses..
Great poster. :thumbup:
Blake

Sards wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:19 am I have been very busy at work. Busy with 3 top restaurants and a franchise. And 2 kids at sport. Not ashamed about that. Very proud of myself...
Here you go Ou Grote!

Amazing how all these obligations that keep you so busy all the time magically evaporate when the Sharks win and the Stormers lose. Quite the coincidence!
_Os_

Sardy is a GOAT poster. He is also The Eggman. He got it right on Libbok, but he's so determined to throw egg on his face he's now changed his mind. Fascinating to watch Eggman's flips and flops.

Anyway the Boks in 2024 ...

Wales first up. I reckon if the Boks were starting the season with a weakened squad against the Wallabies at Twickenham, then Bok fans would be taking it much more seriously. But it's obvious enough Wales are better than the Wallabies. Gatland also really hates the Boks who have often beaten his teams when it matters.

Biggest issue is the law changes, that impacts which selections are made and what team is built for 2027. There's a lot of changes and not all of them are written in stone yet, World Rugby votes on them early next month. The short version is they want to weaken the scrum and maul. If they're not going after the Boks, they're taking the criticism of the Boks extremely seriously and changing the sport in response. There does seem to be a strong belief at the top of World Rugby that rugby will grow as a sport the less "time is wasted" (in other words the less there's set pieces), the more there's "ball in play time" (free flowing Baabaas rugby), and the less there's big tackles (don't want to scare anyone). How they explain the growth in popularity of American Football/NFL in North America and outside it, and the not exactly breakneck growth of Rugby 7s, fuck knows. I don't think they understand what makes people interested in rugby, it's not actually true everyone wants to see more "ball in play time" or as Ian Foster said the ABs pumping Italy at the RWC was a better watch than Ireland edging the Boks at the RWC.

But nothing we can do about that. Weakened scrum and maul it is.

Thing is the Boks have a lot in the armoury. It's already forgotten that the Boks used a 5/3 bench in the quarter against France and out try scored them 4 tries to 3. 3 of the Bok tries were through the backs, the try Eben scored was through a tap/carrying not the set piece. They went with that strategy because they judged it to be the most likely to get a result against France, they wanted to move the French forwards around. People have also forgotten that Jake White's Bok team prioritised the lineout not the scrum, Smit was an excellent thrower but a bit large for a hooker (easier to get under), CJ van der Linde was great in the loose and a great lifter because of his height but he was average in the scrum, Os was our only frontrow rated in the scrum. Jake also selected tall backrows as jumping and lifting options, Schalk Burger was the smallest player in the pack so wasn't used as a jumping option for the Boks much but was used as a tail jumper at the Stomps. The scrum was the weaker platform to attack from then and a ref lottery so the Boks didn't prioritise it.

It's harder to weaken the lineout because there needs to be a method of restarting the match when the ball goes out which involves a contest, it's easier to weaken the scrum because the contest can be diluted there whilst still seeming to be fair (scrums restart the match after a law is broken, if the non-offending side has the ball many will be happy with that). World Rugby still tried to weaken the lineout after the 2007 RWC (definitely a coincidence that the Boks won the 2007 RWC with a strong lineout), by adding the pass back into the 22 law (previously the ball could be kicked out from the 22 on the full when passed back and ground could be gained), changing the quick lineout law to allow non-straight throws (reducing the chances of a lineout happening from a deep kick), changing the offside line at the scrum from the backfoot to 5 metres as with a lineout (strengthening the scrum as a platform to attack from). You can tell they're chasing their tail because they've since added the 50/22 kicking law, which adds back in some of the lineout strength they took out.

Which all means the lineout could become the best platform to attack from again. Which means tall lifters and jumpers beat shorter players. Big kickers from hand that can land a 50/22 beat those who cannot.

There's a lot of backrows who could come into the mix, players that can play lock/backrow also become more useful on the bench. But it's the big kickers from hand who can use that lineout like a weapon which are key (HM failing to select Frans Steyn for the 2015 RWC badly damaged our chances). Who are our biggest kickers from hand? It would be hilarious if someone at the Sharks Eggman has flipped on got selected ...

You can tell Rassie is thinking along these lines based on his appointments. Lost Felix Jones as attack coach, but replaced him with Tony Brown. If you want structured backline moves in attack then you go with someone like Brown, that's a lot of what you'll be doing from a lineout if the maul is weakened and you have big kickers to exploit the 50/22 law.
Sards

Blake wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:25 am
Sards wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:19 am I have been very busy at work. Busy with 3 top restaurants and a franchise. And 2 kids at sport. Not ashamed about that. Very proud of myself...
Here you go Ou Grote!

Amazing how all these obligations that keep you so busy all the time magically evaporate when the Sharks win and the Stormers lose. Quite the coincidence!
You can take your tinfoil off now.
I have delays in 3 site's.
So I am bored
OomStruisbaai

Fassi has been invited to the Bok camp.
assfly

OomStruisbaai wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:44 pm Fassi has been invited to the Bok camp.
I'm happy for him, and the result of some good performances.

He'll have his work cut-out dislodging le Roux and Willemse from the 15 jersey, but at least he's back in the picture.
Blake

assfly wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:29 am
OomStruisbaai wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:44 pm Fassi has been invited to the Bok camp.
I'm happy for him, and the result of some good performances.

He'll have his work cut-out dislodging le Roux and Willemse from the 15 jersey, but at least he's back in the picture.
I don't think Le Roux (34) will make it to the next RWC, so there will be a vacancy at 15.

Fassi's issue is his defense and showing some grit. He got stepped in a one-on-one situation by a hooker who breezed past him and scored this weekend. And while the list of "specialist" fullbacks is quite short, there are quite a few players that have been in the Bok setup that can play 15 when called upon to do so:

Willemse
Kolbe
Arendse
Galant
Kriel
Moodie

So Fassi will have to show something special. But Rassie has opened the door for him again and it'll be up to him to prove himself.

Speaking of second chances; I really hope Embrose Papier gets another shot at 9; probably at the expense of Jantjies or Reinach (who is also 34 like Le Roux). Papier got 7 caps when Rassie just started out as coach in 2018 and fell out of favour after some lacklustre performances. The kid was only 21 at the time and it was a bit of a disaster; but he is 27 now, has matured a lot, and is playing some brilliant rugby for the Bulls. But we are so stacked with talented scrumhalves, and that it's a tough position to break into.
assfly

Blake wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:26 am So Fassi will have to show something special. But Rassie has opened the door for him again and it'll be up to him to prove himself.
If nothing else, an audience with Rassie on what he needs to work on is worth his time in the alignment camp.

I see they've also invited Hanro Jacobs the $harks TH prop. He's quietly impressed me so pleased for him too.
Sards

Blake wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:26 am
Fassi's issue is his defense and showing some grit. He got stepped in a one-on-one situation by a hooker who breezed past him and scored this weekend.
You talk so much shit it's dripping from your mouth....

You are an absolute disgrace as a supporter .

It's time you backed that up with Willemse stats from the weekend. Missed tackles, turned over. Lost possession. Metres running forward etc. Fassi had 2 try assists.

Cobus Reinach tackle
LoveOfTheGame

Sards wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:42 am
Blake wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:26 am
Fassi's issue is his defense and showing some grit. He got stepped in a one-on-one situation by a hooker who breezed past him and scored this weekend.
You talk so much shit it's dripping from your mouth....

You are an absolute disgrace as a supporter .

It's time you backed that up with Willemse stats from the weekend. Missed tackles, turned over. Lost possession. Metres running forward etc. Fassi had 2 try assists.

Cobus Reinach tackle
Sards, I don't really understand in which sane reality you can sincerely have a go at Willemse. He is a fantastic player and Springbok, it's such a strange hill to die on. I get your criticism of Libbok, he sure does have his moments, but Willemse is the oddest thing even for you.