Official Photography Thread

Where goats go to escape
vball

troglodiet wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:08 pm You probably have no idea just how much I hate you right now.

Especially with the Leopard.

I've been living in this country for 52 years and spent an enormous amount of time in game parks, and not 1 photo of a leopard.

I've never had even one opportunity, not even with a 600mm f/4 lens and 2x converter. Seen them a couple of times but photos would have had a "Where's Waldo" vibe to it.
do these make it better .....

Romans said ....Illegitimi non carborundum --- Today we say .. WTF
vball

Tichtheid wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:17 pm Where is Torq these days?
Do you mean the mad bugger in the Black Isle or the one on this bored?
Tichtheid

vball wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:34 pm
Tichtheid wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:17 pm Where is Torq these days?
Do you mean the mad bugger in the Black Isle or the one on this bored?

:-) I don't know the mad bugger in the Black Isle, so aye, it was the one on this bored I was referring to, the one who loves to hate Finn Russell.
Tichtheid

vball, the only thing you could do to top those shots is if you got pics of either a polar bear or a snow leopard

Great work :thumbup:
vball

Tichtheid wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:45 pm vball, the only thing you could do to top those shots is if you got pics of either a polar bear or a snow leopard

Great work :thumbup:
Ah ... only ones in captivity.

As for Torq, well if Finn has a bad day in the land of the leek eaters, I am sure we will here about, Frequently !!
inactionman

The Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition is on loan at the National Museum of Scotland until May.

Might want to check what's on the splash page, given some of the cracking photos on this thread.

https://www.nms.ac.uk/exhibitions-event ... -the-year/

vball, I'm sure I've asked before, but if you had a choice between a used E-1mx and a used EM1 MkIII, what's the better for wildlife? Focus is my main worry, as I've had a few cameras that never reliably hit critical focus and hence eyes etc were soft.

Will be used with a PanyLeica 100-400 as I can't afford any M43 primes.
vball

inactionman wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:46 pm The Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition is on loan at the National Museum of Scotland until May.

Might want to check what's on the splash page, given some of the cracking photos on this thread.

vball, I'm sure I've asked before, but if you had a choice between a used E-1mx and a used EM1 MkIII, what's the better for wildlife? Focus is my main worry, as I've had a few cameras that never reliably hit critical focus and hence eyes etc were soft.

E-1mx .. I had that and served me well in my wildlife and rugby photos. I know have om-1 as well and that is even better. With om1.2 just out might get a good deal on om-1. Em1 mk3 is no slouch either.

My wife had the e1mx and Olymps 75-300 in Sani Sands. It performed very well and she is a beginner. So your Lens will do you just fine.
inactionman

vball wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:56 pm
inactionman wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:46 pm The Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition is on loan at the National Museum of Scotland until May.

E-1mx .. I had that and served me well in my wildlife and rugby photos. I know have om-1 as well and that is even better. With om1.2 just out might get a good deal on om-1. Em1 mk3 is no slouch either.

My wife had the e1mx and Olymps 75-300 in Sani Sands. It performed very well and she is a beginner. So your Lens will do you just fine.
:thumbup:
Ta mate. The Om-1 is still well over £1k used so it'd have to drop a fair old bit, but I'll keep an eye out.
troglodiet

vball wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:32 pm
troglodiet wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:08 pm You probably have no idea just how much I hate you right now.

Especially with the Leopard.

I've been living in this country for 52 years and spent an enormous amount of time in game parks, and not 1 photo of a leopard.

I've never had even one opportunity, not even with a 600mm f/4 lens and 2x converter. Seen them a couple of times but photos would have had a "Where's Waldo" vibe to it.
do these make it better .....
The only thing saving you from the wrath of a big Afrikaner dude is the fact that I retired my camera some time ago.

Forgot to add to my previous post, but equally valid here: fantastic job sir. Bangers the whole lot of them.
inactionman

vball wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 7:56 pm

Just to finish this off - I found an Em-1x for £400 used. delivered today. It was listed as 'heavy wear' but to be honest it looks about the same as every camera I've had for more than a fortnight. Shutter count through the roof so presume it was used by a pro who has upped to new OM-1- it's both mech and electronic shutter so hoping it'll keep going for a while yet.

Will let you know how I get on with it
epwc

I used to have 2 OM4Tis, still got the Zuiko 85mm f2 macro lens for some reason. I had an OM40 for a while, on that it was absolutely mental; 170mm f2 macro!
vball

inactionman wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:00 pm Just to finish this off - I found an Em-1x for £400 used. delivered today. It was listed as 'heavy wear' but to be honest it looks about the same as every camera I've had for more than a fortnight. Shutter count through the roof so presume it was used by a pro who has upped to new OM-1- it's both mech and electronic shutter so hoping it'll keep going for a while yet.

Will let you know how I get on with it
Enjoy it. I just love the feel of the EM1-X ... it just seems so balanced.