France vs Italy - Autumn Nations Cup Match Fred

Where goats go to escape
Torquemada 1420

sturginho wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:06 pm And the posh lost to non league in the cup, which makes me feel a bit better about the cobblers getting knocked out in the first round!
???????????
shereblue

Torquemada 1420 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:09 pm
sturginho wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:06 pm And the posh lost to non league in the cup, which makes me feel a bit better about the cobblers getting knocked out in the first round!
???????????
:thumbup:
Sandstorm

???????????
Northampton Town

(Fuck knows how I know that)
Torquemada 1420

Sandstorm wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:12 pm
???????????
Northampton Town

(Fuck knows how I know that)
I know who it is. Want to know why!!!
Torquemada 1420

More sh*t from Serin. Try managing your maul you dunce.
Torquemada 1420

This'll bring the crowds back...
Torquemada 1420

Well done Jalibert. In Ita 22 with them a man down and you kick the ball away aimlessly. :thumbup:
Torquemada 1420

F**k off Owens. Has to be yellow.

{EDIT} Changed his mind after saying "penalty only"
Torquemada 1420

There you go: give that kid the f**king ball and he is QUICK
sockwithaticket

Fuck me, where did that come from? Some serious speed there.
Torquemada 1420

sockwithaticket wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:30 pm Fuck me, where did that come from? Some serious speed there.
Torquemada 1420 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:48 pm Players to watch for France:
1) Whole back row. Superfast and skilful with Macalou so quick, he's filled in at centre for Paris.
2) Villiere the kid RCT wing. Diminutive but no only is he fast, he is a surprisingly tough defender who routinely makes turnovers.
sockwithaticket

Torquemada 1420 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:31 pm
sockwithaticket wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:30 pm Fuck me, where did that come from? Some serious speed there.
Torquemada 1420 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:48 pm Players to watch for France:
1) Whole back row. Superfast and skilful with Macalou so quick, he's filled in at centre for Paris.
2) Villiere the kid RCT wing. Diminutive but no only is he fast, he is a surprisingly tough defender who routinely makes turnovers.
Well, you definitely called it.

When you say kid, how young is he? Should he be closer to the first team?
sockwithaticket

Weirdly it actually looks better in slow mo, a less obvious trip.
Torquemada 1420

sockwithaticket wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:33 pm Well, you definitely called it.

23. Maybe. Thing is he has Thomas and Penaud ahead of him. I'd have him in the squad.
Torquemada 1420

You gotta laugh. Serin f**ked up the maul directing again, goes to fetch it out but cant and ends up being driven over the line for a try.

That settles his place until after the RWC. :mad:
sockwithaticket

Torquemada 1420 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:36 pm
sockwithaticket wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:33 pm Well, you definitely called it.

23. Maybe. Thing is he has Thomas and Penaud ahead of him. I'd have him in the squad.
Thomas always strikes me as a luxury player, if you've got someone with equivalent (or near enough) pace and a more well-rounded game...
Torquemada 1420

And give the other wing the ball.....

Dulin having a blinder under the high ball. He couldn't catch a cold 5 years ago. :problem:
sockwithaticket

That's been a very profitable yellow card period. You very rarely see them yield many points these days.
Torquemada 1420

sockwithaticket wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:41 pm That's been a very profitable yellow card period. You very rarely see them yield many points these days.
Italy B...
Torquemada 1420

Get Jalibert off and give Carbonel 10 mins at least FFS
sockwithaticket

Torquemada 1420 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:42 pm
sockwithaticket wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:41 pm That's been a very profitable yellow card period. You very rarely see them yield many points these days.
Italy B...
it doesn't seem that B, though I'll confess to not being overly familiar with every Italian player. Even still, there's usually enough organisation with 14 players to not be exploited like that.
Torquemada 1420

The 1/2 back pairing that should have started.
Torquemada 1420

Looked fine to me.
Torquemada 1420

FFS Owens. We don't want 20 mins of scrum resets with you the centre of attention.
Torquemada 1420

More pace. continuity and intent with 5 mins of Couilloud + Carbonel than 70 mins of the Snail + Jalibert
Torquemada 1420

And that's what happens when you give Macalou good ball.

Hope Galthie has his glasses on this time
shereblue

Solid 1st half Italy but an unlucky if correct yc cost you. Good focus from France. Dulin caught everything. Wd def. like to have seen more of Carbonell and Couilloud but Jalibert was solid.
Last edited by shereblue on Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sturginho

Torquemada 1420 wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:42 pm
Italy B...
Not really, it's only polledri and negri missing from last week

Well that was depressingly predictable
sturginho

shereblue wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:07 pm Solid 1st half Italy but an unlucky if correct yc cost you. Good focus from France. Dulin caught everything. Wd def. like to have seen more of Carbonell and Couilloud but Jalibert was solid.
Can't blame the kid, if he catches it there's nobody covering, but yes they fell apart badly after that.
shereblue

sturginho wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:10 pm
shereblue wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:07 pm Solid 1st half Italy but an unlucky if correct yc cost you. Good focus from France. Dulin caught everything. Wd def. like to have seen more of Carbonell and Couilloud but Jalibert was solid.
Can't blame the kid, if he catches it there's nobody covering, but yes they fell apart badly after that.
I'd not thought of that. 10-12 wd indeed have been game on.

Professional 2nd half performance in the end by les Bleus.

Good luck next week.
laurent

Decent performance (Very rusty).

Serin was just plain bad however slowing every thing down he nearly butchered Danty's try as he halted his retrieving of the ball Danty had started his run which causes danty to stop :(.

The maul try is a replay of an earlier maul Where he is too slow to extract the ball and we lose it.

I am not sure Jalibert Got 1 pass from Serin that was not for a kick :(.

Good game by Dulin and the wings. Centre Partnership was not great (but with the tactics for this game it's hard to see what they could have done with no ball.
Danty did better of the 2.

Pack was OK and is one for the future.
Torquemada 1420

So, what of these dirt trackers plus some extras bits?

DULIN
Best player on the park by a mile. Caught everything: gotta be the 1st time any Fre intl has caught 5 high balls since Sardourny. Countered well. Where TF was this Dulin 7 years ago? Only black mark for me was some of the rather aimless kicking but at least none was so bad that it resulted in a counter try like the one against NZ in 2013 which cost France the game. Playing like this, has to be a contender to push Ramos out?

VILLIERE
Did everything said on the tin in match preamble..... when he was given any damn ball. Scorching pace and eye for gap for the try. But when he did not have the ball, he defended well, made himself a nuisance at the breakdown and unlucky IMHO not to get a turnover pen.

Someone earlier mentioned him ahead of Thomas. It's an interesting one because unless Thomas is going to be given the ball enough to make an impact, he is a luxury because his defence is so weak. Thomas did little wrong but for 2nd match in a row, saw fewer balls than a convent medical inspection.

DANTY
Again, everything said on the tin. Did incredibly well to get over the line after another Serin, delayed fuse, damp squib pass. Was a monster in the tackle. And, critically, gave away no dumb pens. Pity he's p*ssed away his chances with ill discipline for so long. If Fra were playing an Eng or Ire style game based on crash-bash and defence, he'd still be on the radar.

SERIN
Beyond dogsh*t. Slowed everything down (as usual). How TF Galthie thinks he fits in with any team/gameplan built around Dupont and Ntamack, f**k only knows. When Couilloud came on for 10 mins, the tempo shot up, France looked continually dangerous and had their longest sequence of sustained pressure. Oh: and was to blame for the Ita try for a missed tackle.

JALIBERT
You know what I'm going to say. OK, some of this down to Serin's eggtimer distribution but his kicking game was aimless and he really is no gainline threat unlike Ntamack and unlike Carbonel who immediately caused problems for Ita when he came on (yes: he had Couillioud giving him quick service). His passing is at least half a yard slower than Carbonel's too.

JELONCH
Long rated this one. Very solid game and like Aldritt, made all his tackles plus hard yards. Unlike Aldritt, did not give away unnecessary pens.

MACALOU
Get the bad out of the way 1st. He dropped 3 balls (which is massively unlike him: doubt he drops that many in a season) although the 3rd was down to another Serin excrement pass. However, he made all his tackles and his engine (he's like Le Roux in being able to keep going for 80) coupled with his pace meant he hounded Italy behind the gainline repeatedly. He is also is a dead cert for lineout ball with his athleticism: the one he lost should have been a pen against Ita for taking the arm out. And when Couilloud/Carbonel came on, you see what he gives you with quick ball: tries.

WOKI
Surprisingly disappointing for me. Nothing terrible but like the rest of the fwds, just did not shine in any way.

The main take is Serin has to go for good and Carbonel needs a proper shot to prove he's better than Jalibert.

As an aside, racking up 20 pts + 3 matches running is not to be sniffed at.
Last edited by Torquemada 1420 on Sun Nov 29, 2020 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Torquemada 1420

Pretty fair from Bernol:
Parmi les titulaires du jour, qui a donc marqué assez de points pour espérer bousculer la hiérarchie ? Les revenants Brice Dulin et Jonathan Danty partaient de loin mais sont apparus sous leur meilleur jour. L'arrière, royal sous les ballons haut et toujours aussi précieux dans l'occupation avec son pied gauche, a été rassurant dans un premier temps avant de signer une percée éclair pour envoyer Teddy Thomas à l'essai. Il a logiquement été élu homme du match. Derrière Anthony Bouthier et Thomas Ramos, le Rochelais se replace et se pose en alternative crédible. Au centre, Jonathan Danty voit également sa cote remonter avec un essai, quelques charges tonitruantes et une présence défensive remarquable. Si, là aussi, les prétendants ne manquent pas, le Parisien a montré qu'il faudrait compter avec lui.

Pour le reste ? Sur l'aile gauche, Gabin Villière, sevré de ballons, a tenu ses promesses de joueur frisson : l'ancien septiste a signé un exploit personnel sur sa première munition et a été actif par ailleurs. Le Toulonnais mérite d'être revu. Il possède le fameux super-pouvoir qui peut changer le cours d'un match. A un poste où rien n'est figé, tout paraît possible pour lui. Parmi les joueurs à créditer d'une performance encourageante, on parlera aussi d'Anthony Jelonch, particulièrement percutant en troisième ligne. Le Castrais peut, à court terme, espérer entrer dans la rotation, derrière la triplette Cros-Alldritt-Ollivon.
Marylandolorian

laurent wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:48 am Decent performance (Very rusty).

Serin was just plain bad however slowing every thing down he nearly butchered Danty's try as he halted his retrieving of the ball Danty had started his run which causes danty to stop :(.

The maul try is a replay of an earlier maul Where he is too slow to extract the ball and we lose it.

I am not sure Jalibert Got 1 pass from Serin that was not for a kick :(.

Good game by Dulin and the wings. Centre Partnership was not great (but with the tactics for this game it's hard to see what they could have done with no ball.
Danty did better of the 2.

Pack was OK and is one for the future.
Completely agree about Serin, I gave it to Torque, he was a Parra in slow mo, bye. Couilloud might be the one instead.
Jalibert suffered behind him, he's use to fast & quick SHs with Bordeaux, he still deserves to be on the list. If some says he needs to go, so does Macalou , awful game and it was only Italy.

Good job from Danty.
Was impressed by our young 2nd rows.
Happy for Dulin.
Torquemada 1420

Marylandolorian wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:30 pm Completely agree about Serin, I gave it to Torque, he was a Parra in slow mo, bye. Couilloud might be the one instead.
On the plus side Serin has quota'd out of his 3 matches so can't play next game either. :thumbup:

However, I'd guess that means a Couilloud - Jalibert axis and so the UBB man will have run out of excuses if he's unable to make use of any of the quicker ball. Assuming the 3rd team is able to secure any ball v Eng!!!!!
Last edited by Torquemada 1420 on Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeeb

I noticed the frenchies have unearthed another Red haired lock !
Who is the other Rangy ginga you have ?

Could be an effective game plan, put enough gingers in the boiler room so that the opposition is dazzled & made queezy by their smell of stale catpiss
Torquemada 1420

Yeeb wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:24 pm I noticed the frenchies have unearthed another Red haired lock !
Who is the other Rangy ginga you have ?

Could be an effective game plan, put enough gingers in the boiler room so that the opposition is dazzled & made queezy by their smell of stale catpiss
Funny you say that because clearly Bernol has had enough of gingas and has erased Geraci from the records.

Yeeb

Felix Lambey ! Found him by google (and yes, not my first search based on ‘French Redhead’ blah blah blah)
Torquemada 1420

Marylandolorian wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:30 pm If some says he needs to go, so does Macalou , awful game and it was only Italy.
:lol:
Team of the Week: Autumn Nations Cup, Round Three

6 Sekou Macalou (France): Much was said and written about the Stade Français flanker in the build-up to France’s one-sided triumph over Italy at the Stade de France and he justified the hype with a strong all-round performance. Macalou was full of energy throughout, especially on attack, and was rewarded with a try for his efforts but also impressed defensively, completing 10 tackles. Tom Curry of England also caught the eye.
Marylandolorian

Torquemada 1420 wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:05 pm
Marylandolorian wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:30 pm If some says he needs to go, so does Macalou , awful game and it was only Italy.
:lol:
Team of the Week: Autumn Nations Cup, Round Three

6 Sekou Macalou (France): Much was said and written about the Stade Français flanker in the build-up to France’s one-sided triumph over Italy at the Stade de France and he justified the hype with a strong all-round performance. Macalou was full of energy throughout, especially on attack, and was rewarded with a try for his efforts but also impressed defensively, completing 10 tackles. Tom Curry of England also caught the eye.
Lies, Idiotic post.

What about this one from Rama/midol.

Sekou Macalou (5/10)
Auteur de deux bons contests, il a néanmoins connu un certain déchet avec quatre pertes de balles assez grossières (un ballon volé en touche, deux en-avant au milieu des trois-quarts, un ballon perdu au contact qui déboucha sur l’essai de Canna). Pénalisé bêtement juste avant la mi-temps, il a donné l’impression de quelque peu subir les événements lors du deuxième acte. Loin de ses performances quatre étoiles sous le maillot du Stade français.

-4 forwards
-Lost a ball in contact that caused the Italian try
-Stupidly penalized
-He gave the impression to suffer a setback during the second period

You really need to go see a doc as Laurent, me and others mentioned months/years ago, I don’t want to catch what you have, on ignore you go.