SA Schoolboy and club sport

Where goats go to escape
Sards

OomStruisbaai wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:16 pm All roads lead to Paarl on Saturday

The coach at Milnerton high has been begging my eldest to play prop . My son was chubby in primary school but has started shooting up and slimming down but is still a big unit. Almost taller than me. A couple of months away from being taller. Much bigger. He is just not interested. Same with hockey. He loved it grade 8 but finds it sucky grade 9. No clue what changed. He played goal keeper and because of his intimidating size is good at it. His hockey coach pulled out his contract he signed when he joined Milnerton and forced him to play this year. Failure of which he does detention on a Saturday.

I respect that. Teaching the kids that if you sign a commitment you keep your commitment.

Funny thing is that they really make it fun for the boys. Go out some weekends for a meal as a team etc.
OomStruisbaai

Watching Paul Roos vs Sacs at Markotter. Mudder bath
Sards

OomStruisbaai wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:55 am Watching Paul Roos vs Sacs at Markotter. Mudder bath
I don't know how they knew who was in their respective teams. Great pic on fb
OomStruisbaai

Sards wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 6:03 pm
OomStruisbaai wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:55 am Watching Paul Roos vs Sacs at Markotter. Mudder bath
I don't know how they knew who was in their respective teams. Great pic on fb
Watching this reminds me to the old days when the Boks tour NZ. Trap losskrums in the mud
OomStruisbaai

OomStruisbaai

Bosch vs Bishops on 216 now. Great rugby from the Souties
OomStruisbaai

Bishops keeping Bosch out wining 13-8. Look like they win the WC
Sards

"The parent, reported to be a well-known businessman, was unhappy that his child was not selected for the 1st XV and allegedly confronted, abused and threatened Carew at a training session. He also reportedly sent “aggressive” text messages to Carew. "

Eisch.
I hate this in kids sport.
That's why we mentioned my youngest would be available for another club. And he has been approached by a growing club and will attend a few practices to see how he feels.

When the parents get involved and all the politics happens I just get gatvol. Just let the kids play without pressure. If this is their passion they will work hard at it and Excell. One thing I can say. When my youngest gets out he walks off the field with a smile on his face. Never does he feel like anything is expected of him. He is just amused that he got out in thar way.

Ronderbosch high btw
OomStruisbaai

Vok knows that's sad.
When your kiddont make the team he wants, it give the parent the opportunity to explain to him that he need to work harder to achieve goals in life.

Spoiled vokken brat and sad vokken parent. For a kid to go to such a poss school should be enough.
Sards

OomStruisbaai wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:26 pm Vok knows that's sad.
When your kiddont make the team he wants, it give the parent the opportunity to explain to him that he need to work harder to achieve goals in life.

Spoiled vokken brat and sad vokken parent. For a kid to go to such a poss school should be enough.
We played against a cricket academy once. The coach set up a gazebo and the kids had to sit under it. The parents had to sit opposite the pitch from the kids. So no interaction from the parents to the kids during the match. I think this is a brilliant idea. And let the club coach select the team, batting and bowling order etc . Not a parent. If your kid has a good match he will move closer to a position.

This is a business man that obviously bought his son into the school and team. And living his dream through his son
OomStruisbaai

Sards

Cravenweek; Sharks 34-24 WP XV- Man van die wedstryd🏉

•Jaco Williams (Sharks)
OomStruisbaai

Ja I watched. Sharks look pretty good. Surprised to see Free State losing to EP. WP has been excellent. See there are another young Etsebeth playing for WP.

Day One Results:

Valke 19 (7) – Tries: Zaid Rippenaar, Ruduwaan Rogers, Oregopotse Shilbuane. Conversions: Duan du Toit.
Boland 26 (19) – Tries: Ricky Lesch, Callum van Staden, Seppie September, Petrie van Dyk. Conversions: Luan Giliomee (3).

Free State 23 (16) – Tries: Jean Erasmus, JJ Theron. Conversions: Ian van der Merwe (2). Penalties: Van der Merwe (3).
Eastern Province 26 (6) – Tries: Jamain Dampies, Hein Terblanche. Conversions: Dominic Malgas (2). Penalties: Malgas (4).

Sharks 34 (22) – Tries: Siya Ndlozi, Siso France, Campbell Ridi, Luyanda Kunene, Jaco Williams. Conversions: Chris Horak (3). Penalty: Horak.
Western Province XV 24 (5) – Tries: HB Odendaal, Enslin Claassen, Torren February, Juma Amissi. Conversions: Daniel van der Merwe (2).

Western Province 42 (23) – Tries: Cilliers Viljoen, Xola Nyali, Zeke January, Albe Bester, Gino Cupido, Haashim Pead. Conversions: Kyle Smith (3). Penalties: Smith (2).
SWD 12 (7) – Tries: Ashwin Damons, Andrew Stopforth. Conversion: Elgernon Meyer.

U18 Craven Week Day Two Fixtures:
10.30am: Griquas v Leopards
12pm: Griffons v Limpopo Blue Bulls
1,30pm: Golden Lions v Pumas
3pm: Blue Bulls v Border
Sards

Sharks super competitive over all the age groups. I don't recall a stronger year.

Great sign that they are looking at all levels of our rugby and developing our youth structures .

Just keep the vokken poachers away
OomStruisbaai

Their big test tomorrow

U18 Craven Week Day Two Results:

Griquas 7 (7) – Tries: Damian McClean. Conversion: Elridge Jack.
Leopards 46 (12) – Tries: Carlo van Wijk, Renier Rall, Hennoh Visser, Collin Pereira, Lebogang Wageng (2), Lorenzo Snyers. Conversions: Leonard Bevan (4). Penalty goal: Jaden Meyer.

Griffons 43 (10) – Tries: Heinrich Loubser, Ethan Jones, Fano Linde, Charlten Basson, Andi Mentz, Penalty try. Conversions: Nalie Kiewet, Pasco Mokoena (3). Penalty goal: Kiewet.
Limpopo Blue Bulls 22 (17) – Tries: Gerdro Grobler, Mahlatse Semosa, Hope Seyaga. Conversions: Wian Terblanche (2). Penalty goal: Terblanche.

Golden Lions 55 (29) – Tries: Esethu Mnebelele (2), Thandolwethu Biyela, Daylon Myners, Kelvin van Wyk (2), Caleb Lombard (2), Khuti Rasivhaga. Conversions: Myners (3), JT Kapank (2).
Pumas 29 (10) – Tries: Corneluis Lottering, Fumani Chauke, Ryan Venter, Sifiso Nhleko. Conversions: Zander Erasmus (3). Penalty goal: Erasmus.

Blue Bulls 40 (14) – Tries: Shaun Schürmann (2), Luann Olivier (2), Divan Brits, Brooklyn Newman. Conversions: Nicallen Gabrielsen (5).
Border 5 (5) – Tries: Dewan du Preez.

U18 Craven Week Day Three Fixtures:
10.30am: Valke v South Western Districts
12pm: Western Province XV v Free State
1.30pm: Eastern Province v Boland
3pm: Western Province v Sharks
Sards

Sharks youth have already surpassed all my expectations of them this year. Between them and the Bulls it's only been 2 teams in it.
Common denomination.....money
OomStruisbaai

Weather much better in George today. Outeniqua Park took a bit of beating.
Sards

I am going to East London next Friday for work.
Plan is to catch some of the WSL Jbay surfing Saturday and Sunday at Jbay. Spending Saturday in J Bay. Can't wait
average joe

Sharks will do well in future if they don't headhunt superstars from other provinces and all this developed talent is forced to go look for employment elsewhere.
OomStruisbaai

Kyle Smith is going to some places
Sandstorm

OomStruisbaai wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:58 pm Kyle Smith is going to some places
Saracens?
OomStruisbaai

Sandstorm wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:08 pm
OomStruisbaai wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:58 pm Kyle Smith is going to some places
Saracens?
Slaptjips channel the Gimmies to Tswane.

WeePee to classy. Never need to slip into 5th gear. Easily into the finals.
OomStruisbaai

Day 3 results:
Valke 19 (11) – Tries: Lynhge Pretorius, Oregopotse Shilubane. Penalty goals: Duan du Toit (3).
SWD 20 (5) – Tries: Brendan Gouws, Keanon Jantjies, Jay-Jay Daters, Kurt Coetzee.

WP XV 14 (0) – Tries: Louw du Toit, Daniel van der Merwe. Conversions: Leejay Petersen (2).
Free State 54 (42) – Tries: Ranon Fouche, Stefan Venter, Jean-Henri Smit, Keegan Scholtz, JJ Theron, Christiaan van Der Westhuizen, Pieter van der Merwe, Pharrel van Wyk. Conversions: Ian van der Merwe (7).

EP 40 (20) – Tries: De Wet Fourie (2), Burrie van Heerden, Aiden de Villiers, Imaani Pemba, Dominic Malgas. Conversion: Lucraine Muggels. Penalty goal: Muggels.
Boland 26 (12) – Tries: Petrus Coetzee, Carick Kustoor (2), James Daniels. Conversions Luan Giliomee (3).

WP 35 (27) – Tries: Justin Amos, Haashim Pead, Jameel De Jongh, Gilermo Mentoe. Conversions: Yaqeen Ahmed (3). Penalty goals: Ahmed (3).
Sharks 24 (14) – Tries: Phiwo Kubheka, Liam Terblanche, Maurice Willemse. Conversions: Chris Horak (3). Penalty goal: Horak.

Day 4 fixtures:
10:30am: Griquas v Limpopo Blue Bulls
12pm: Border v Pumas
1:30pm: Griffons v Leopards
3pm: Golden Lions v Blue Bulls
Sards

average joe wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:29 pm Sharks will do well in future if they don't headhunt superstars from other provinces and all this developed talent is forced to go look for employment elsewhere.
Future certainly does look bright...and I agree completely re buying Springboks......leave it.
The biggest issue will be all the other unions letting the sharks and Bulls develop the youth and then getting the players poached
Sards

Sards wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:15 am I am going to East London next Friday for work.
Plan is to catch some of the WSL Jbay surfing Saturday and Sunday at Jbay. Spending Saturday in J Bay. Can't wait
:lolno:

The wife caught on about the coincidence of the JBay classic I forgot to mention.
" Its a big coincidence " she says......
Now I am trying to sell it as a romantic weekend away..... :clap:
Sandstorm

Sards wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:32 am
Sards wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 10:15 am I am going to East London next Friday for work.

The wife caught on about the coincidence of the JBay classic I forgot to mention.
J-Bay will be BUSY!!! Book your dinners before you even leave Cape Town or you'll be having a romantic meal at Steers. :oops:

The Greek is excellent
https://www.google.com/maps/place/The+G ... ?entry=ttu

Also De Viswijf
https://www.google.com/maps/place/De+Vi ... ?entry=ttu
Sards

Sandstorm wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:48 am
Sards wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:32 am

J-Bay will be BUSY!!! Book your dinners before you even leave Cape Town or you'll be having a romantic meal at Steers. :oops:

The Greek is excellent
https://www.google.com/maps/place/The+G ... ?entry=ttu

Also De Viswijf
https://www.google.com/maps/place/De+Vi ... ?entry=ttu
I am hoping to get into a pissup with some pro surfers. It's very rare to get to see them all in one location
Sandstorm

Sards wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:38 am
I am hoping to get into a pissup with some pro surfers. It's very rare to get to see them all in one location
They're pro athletes and probably don't drink. :lol:
OomStruisbaai

Sards wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:29 am
average joe wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 12:29 pm Sharks will do well in future if they don't headhunt superstars from other provinces and all this developed talent is forced to go look for employment elsewhere.
Future certainly does look bright...and I agree completely re buying Springboks......leave it.
The biggest issue will be all the other unions letting the sharks and Bulls develop the youth and then getting the players poached
WP is far more advance with schoolboy talent compare to you lot. The Bulls and $hark$ poach our schoolboys. For as long as I can remember. We dont mind because we produce so many year after year
bok_viking

The Bulls boys look really good. So I guess the final game on Saturday will be Bulls vs WP. Though i think EP did not lose a game either. Should be a good game as long as the weather holds. The wind made things tough for most games
OomStruisbaai

Bulls vs WP again this year. The biggest SA rugby rivalry.
bok_viking

bok_viking wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:29 pm The Bulls boys look really good. So I guess the final game on Saturday will be Bulls vs WP. Though i think EP did not lose a game either. Should be a good game as long as the weather holds. The wind made things tough for most games
And just after i say the Bulls are playing really well they go and get 2 yellow cards and suddenly the lions are scoring for fun. :lol: Luckily the Bulls built up a good lead before that. :lol:
OomStruisbaai

bok_viking wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:42 pm
bok_viking wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 2:29 pm The Bulls boys look really good. So I guess the final game on Saturday will be Bulls vs WP. Though i think EP did not lose a game either. Should be a good game as long as the weather holds. The wind made things tough for most games
And just after i say the Bulls are playing really well they go and get 2 yellow cards and suddenly the lions are scoring for fun. :lol: Luckily the Bulls built up a good lead before that. :lol:
Ja these kids get easily brain explosions. WP 7 flanker Fuller is a very good player but for some reason he is to hard a bit like Corne Krige
OomStruisbaai

Day 4 results:
Griquas 38 (26) – Tries: Dwayne Lubbe (2), Valentino Lenge (2), Jonaden Links, Penalty try. Conversions: Elridge Jack (3).
Limpopo Blue Bulls 38 (21) – Tries: Hope Seyaga (2), Kamo Sethosa, Ulrich Marè, Hanno Van Zyl. Conversions: Wian Terblanche (4).

Border 31 (14) – Tries: Sandi Msengana, Siya Sakhela, Amani Somana (2). Conversions: Daniel Larkan (2) Turshaan Hare (2). Penalty goal: Hare.
Pumas 21 (7) – Tries: Tyron Moolman, Corneluis Lottering, Ninja Dladla. Conversions: Zander Erasmus (3).

Griffons 50 (10) – Tries: Cecil Parsons, Fano Linde, Ronaldo Kiewiet (2), Lungile Samson, Thuto Kekane. Conversions: Kiewet (3), Pasco Mokoena. Penalty goals: Kiewet (4).
Leopards 12 (12) – Tries: Chad Hofmeyer, Lebogang Wageng. Conversion: Leonard Bevan.

Golden Lions 34 (12) – Tries: Ruan Welman (3), Jamaal Feldman, Rynhardt van der Linden, Tirhani Masondo. Conversions: JT Kapank, Daylon Myners.
Blue Bulls 44 (21) – Tries: Nyakallo Makate, Luann Olivier, Brooklyn Newman, Luyolo Doyi, Demitre Erasmus, Jason Hugo. Conversions: Nicallen Gabrielsen (4). Penalty goals: Gabrielsen (2).

Day 5 fixtures:
Outeniqua Park A-field
8:30am: SWD v WP XV
10am: Golden Lions v Free State
11:30am: Sharks v EP
1pm: WP v Bulls

Outeniqua Park B-field
7:30am: Valke v Griquas
9am: Limpopo v Leopards
10:30am: Pumas v Boland
12pm: Griffons v Border
OomStruisbaai

WP pack is something of a beaut
OomStruisbaai

Now Fuller scores. Yster.
OomStruisbaai

WP play like a machine. 29-0 @ HT. The Sharks contracted the best WP youngsters.
OomStruisbaai

Western Province, with 14 players in the two squads, have the largest representation. There are also eight players from Free State, seven from the Golden Lions, six from the Sharks, five from Eastern Province, three from the Blue Bulls and one each from SWD, Boland and Border.

SA Schools:
15 JC Mars (Western Province, Paarl Boys High)
14 Luyanda Kunene (Sharks, Maritzburg College)
13 Demitre Erasmus (Blue Bulls, Garsfontein)
12 Janco Purchase (Blue Bulls, Affies)
11 Jameel de Jongh (Western Province, Paarl Boys High)
10 Ian van der Merwe (Free State, Grey College)
9 Haashim Pead (Western Province, Bishops)
8 JJ Theron (Free State, Grey College)
7 Batho Hlekani (Eastern Province, Graeme College)
6 Divan Fuller (Western Province, Paarl Boys High)
5 Ulrich van der Westhuizen (Golden Lions, Monument)
4 Jacobus Grobbelaar (Free State, Fichardt Park)
3 Jean Erasmus (Free State, Grey College)
2 Siphosethu Mnebelele (Golden Lions, KES)
1 Phiwayinkosi Kubeka (Sharks, Maritzburg College)

Replacements:
16 Ruan Welman (Golden Lions, Helpmekaar)
17 Lithemba Mfupi (Sharks, Glenwood)
18 Simphiwe Ngobese (Sharks, Durban High School)
19 Riley Norton (Western Province, Paul Roos Gymnasium)
20 Xola Nyali (Western Province, Wynberg)
21 Christiaan van der Westhuizen (Free State, Grey College)
22 JT Kapank (Golden Lions, Noordheuwel)
23 Kyle Smith (Western Province (Paarl Gimnasium)

Management team:

SA Schools:
Team Manager: Dean Moodley
Head Coach: Katleho Lynch
Assistant Coach: James Winstanley
Scrum Coach: Cobus van Dyk
Physiotherapist: Ken Kabongo
Conditioning Coach: Sisonke Makapela
Team Doctor: Gershin Kortje

SA Schools ‘A’:
15 JT Strydom (SWD, Outeniqua)
14 Scott Nel (Western Province, Paarl Boys High)
13 Benito Goeda (Free State, Grey College)
12 Pieter van der Merwe (Free State, Grey College)
11 Cheswill Jooste (Golden Lions, Noordheuwel)
10 Yaqeen Ahmed (Western Province, Wynberg)
9 Brooklyn Newman (Blue Bulls, Garsfontein)
8 Aidan Norris (Western Province, Bishops)
7 Matt Romao (Boland, HTS Drostdy)
6 De Wet-Grant Fourie (Eastern Province, HTS Daniel Pienaar)
5 Zuko Poswa (Border, Selbourne)
4 Danio Botha (Western Province, Paarl Gimnasium)
3 Herman Lubbe (Western Province, Stellenberg)
2 Imaani Pemba (Eastern Province, Grey High School)
1 Ranon Fouché (Free State, Grey College)

Replacements:
16 Christian Everitt (Sharks, Durban High School)
17 Sibabalwe Booi (Eastern Province, Ndzondelelo High School)
18 Ryan Jack (Western Province, Paul Roos Gymnasium)
19 Jacques Botha (Golden Lions, Monument)
20 Vuyo Gwiji (Sharks, Northwood)
21 Ceano Everson (Golden Lions, Monument)
22 Dominic Malgas (Eastern Province, Nico Malan)
23 Gilemo Mentoe (Western Province, Bishops)

Management team:

SA Schools ‘A’:
Team Manager: Jimmy Jimlongwe
Head Coach: Lwazi Zangqa
Assistant Coach: Heinrich Martin
Scrum Coach: Cobus van Dyk
Physiotherapist: Farhaanah Nagia
Conditioning Coach: Yaw Fosu-Amoah
Team Doctor: Gershin Kortje
FalseBayFC

Just been watching the highlights. Some great talent on display.
WP's JC Mars and OFS no.8 really stood out. Also the no. 7 from EP.