Alec Baldwin shooting

Where goats go to escape
fishfoodie

Oh Look !

Attention whore AD downgrades charges after they've gotten the headlines they wanted, because they knew they could never sustain them. :roll:

Electing ADs, & others in the Judicial system, & Law enforcement is the worst fucking idea ever !

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-64713109
GogLais

Just manned a stand at a local history fair. Some stupid old git at the Home Guard stand next to me accidentally fired a pistol loaded with a blank bullet. Didn’t half make my ears ring.
Blackmac

GogLais wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:03 pm Just manned a stand at a local history fair. Some stupid old git at the Home Guard stand next to me accidentally fired a pistol loaded with a blank bullet. Didn’t half make my ears ring.
Presumably the police were called.
GogLais

Blackmac wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:40 pm
GogLais wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:03 pm Just manned a stand at a local history fair. Some stupid old git at the Home Guard stand next to me accidentally fired a pistol loaded with a blank bullet. Didn’t half make my ears ring.
I’m 99% sure not. What would be the offence? I’m minded to express my annoyance to the organisers.
Blackmac

GogLais wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:42 pm
I’m 99% sure not. What would be the offence? I’m minded to express my annoyance to the organisers.
Clearly a working handgun. If it can fire a blank it can fire a live round. Pretty much completely illegal since the Dunblane massacre. Plus a case of reckless discharge to fire it in a public place.
GogLais

Blackmac wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:11 pm

Clearly a working handgun. If it can fire a blank it can fire a live round. Pretty much completely illegal since the Dunblane massacre. Plus a case of reckless discharge to fire it in a public place.
Thanks.
fishfoodie

Are Blanks also classified as pyrotechnics too ?, hence possession being restricted to only licensed individuals ?
Blackmac

fishfoodie wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:17 pm

Are Blanks also classified as pyrotechnics too ?, hence possession being restricted to only licensed individuals ?
A lot of blank ammunition is restricted much the same as live ammunition as they can still cause significant damage if fired at close range. It all certainly seems very odd
fishfoodie

Well I for one am absolutely shocked that this prosecution was a completely political exercise :roll: :twisted:
Criminal charges have been dropped against Alec Baldwin over a fatal on-set shooting, according to his lawyers.

The Emmy-award winning actor was charged with two counts of involuntary manslaughter over the shooting during the filming of Rust in New Mexico.

Cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was killed by a live bullet fired from a prop gun that was being used by Baldwin in October 2021.

The development comes less than two weeks before a trial was set to begin.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-65343821
fishfoodie

:wtf
A weapons supervisor on the set of Alec Baldwin's film Rust was likely hungover on the day a cinematographer was fatally shot, prosecutors allege.

They accuse Hannah Gutierrez-Reed of drinking alcohol and smoking marijuana in the evenings during filming.

In response, her lawyer said prosecutors had mishandled the case and resorted to "character assassination".

Halyna Hutchins, 42, was killed after a gun Mr Baldwin had been rehearsing with went off on set in October 2021.
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-65901426

No denial, but instead deflection.

The disclosure that the Feds/AFT?, confirmed that the firing mechanism was broken, & thus it could fire accidentally, & thus Baldwin's statement that he didn't pull the trigger now gave him reasonable doubt, has pretty much left the armorer on her own on the stand, although the DA is still playing political games saying he may present new charges against Baldwin.
Sandstorm

Blackmac wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:19 pm
Sandstorm wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:40 pm
inactionman wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:24 pm Baldwin and the armourer both to be charged with involuntary manslaughter.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/01/19/arts ... ldwin.html
8 years for the nobody armourer, 100 hours community service for the A-lister?
Given the circumstances that sounds about right.
We wish
Uncle fester

fishfoodie wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:10 pm :wtf
A weapons supervisor on the set of Alec Baldwin's film Rust was likely hungover on the day a cinematographer was fatally shot, prosecutors allege.

They accuse Hannah Gutierrez-Reed of drinking alcohol and smoking marijuana in the evenings during filming.

In response, her lawyer said prosecutors had mishandled the case and resorted to "character assassination".

Halyna Hutchins, 42, was killed after a gun Mr Baldwin had been rehearsing with went off on set in October 2021.
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-65901426

No denial, but instead deflection.

The disclosure that the Feds/AFT?, confirmed that the firing mechanism was broken, & thus it could fire accidentally, & thus Baldwin's statement that he didn't pull the trigger now gave him reasonable doubt, has pretty much left the armorer on her own on the stand, although the DA is still playing political games saying he may present new charges against Baldwin.
And here are the charges.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68038106
Ymx

“Look forward to our day in court.”

Wtaf ?

I get that they are portraying confidence, but in a murder case where they will be talking about him shooting and killing somebody?
Uncle fester

Oh yeah, forgot Dinghy Guy is all over this.
fishfoodie

Uncle fester wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:43 pm Oh yeah, forgot Dinghy Guy is all over this.
It's a culture wars prosecution, what did you expect ?

If it goes to trial, & that probably depends more on if the DA is up for election than any facts of the case, I'll give you the case for the defense.

When the prosecution firearms expert gets called, they ask him about his background, & qualifications, & how many cases he's pulled, & he'll establish his bona-fides; then they'll go thru what tests he/she went thru that led them to the conclusion that the gun couldn't be fired without pulling the trigger .... and then they'll ask about the condition of the gun, & if it was damaged .... & then he/she will admit the gun was damaged between the fatal shot & getting to them, & the lawyer will ask how they tested a broken gun, & they'll explain how they had to rebuild the gun, & then tested it !!

Then on their own turn, the defense will call the first expert witness, who will be just as much an expert, & the prosecution called first !!!

and they'll explain how they concluded that the gun was in a dangerous state, & could be fired without pulling the trigger.

That's called reasonable doubt in any Court, & in their summing up, if it ever gets that far, the defense will just pose the simple question; "Why did the DA go looking for a different expert, when his preferred expert told him the defendants story was possible ?
Ymx

Uncle fester wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:43 pm Oh yeah, forgot Dinghy Guy is all over this.
Oh the Irish. Always battling away.

Good litmus test throughout time, if you find yourself agreeing with the Irish, you’re probably not on the right side of history!

Having said that. I hardly see how this qualifies as a culture wars thread.
fishfoodie

Ymx wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:32 pm
Oh the Irish. Always battling away.

Good litmus test throughout time, if you find yourself agreeing with the Irish, you’re probably not on the right side of history!

Having said that. I hardly see how this qualifies as a culture wars thread.
You're here aren't you ?
Ymx

I think it’s fair to say I spend a fair chunk on actual rugby on this place ! I start probably 50% of the match threads.

I don’t know you could say the same.

So pull your head out of your ass.
Ymx

Reminds me of this
an old irishman shuffles into a bar at sundown with his eyes low and his head down
the bartender says "ay, billy! whats the matter. you seem troubled"
billy responds with "you see this bar we're standing in. I built it with me own hands! but they don't call me the bar builder, no!

and the bridge everyone uses to cross the river to get to the market, i built that that with me own hands too! but do the call me the bridge builder? no, they do not.

and the wall that protects our city, i built that with me own hands too! and they don't call me the wall builder neither.

but you fuck one goat!…
charltom

Ymx wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:41 pm I think it’s fair to say I spend a fair chunk on actual rugby on this place ! I start probably 50% of the match threads.

... but aren't the home competitors' fans supposed to start the natch threads?
Guy Smiley

Ymx wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:41 pm I think it’s fair to say I spend a fair chunk on actual rugby on this place ! I start probably 50% of the match threads.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ymx

charltom wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:44 am

... but aren't the home competitors' fans supposed to start the natch threads?
Yes. But mostly on here they are lazy gits.

Christ I even started the 6N fixtures one just so we could chat about rugby again.

viewtopic.php?t=2792

So was a rather stupid comment above.
Uncle fester

I sense a bit of unraveling.
Take a break if it's annoying you.
fishfoodie

It sounds like the Prosecution is doing an excellent job of creating a defence for Baldwin, in their attempts to prosecute the Armorer.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-us-canada-68355789

“This is a crime scene. Everyone needs to stop what they are doing.”

That was the direction from Lt Benavidez when he arrived on the scene.

He starts asking for the props manager on set. Someone else takes the Lieutenant to a cart where there are two guns, but it’s not the one that Alec Baldwin was holding.

It’s a chaotic set with different producers shouting at each other about where the guns are.

Even though he is a witness for the state, the video is showing the very “chaotic” set described by the defence in their opening arguments. No one appears to know who is in charge or what is going on.

Hannah Gutierrez-Reed finally appears and says “This is the gun.”
So now Baldwin's lawyer will ask; "Are you sure the gun you tested was the gun he was holding ?"

The whole situation does however show his & others liability in running a chaotic set, which was a significant factor in the tragedy.
Ymx

Oh ffs :lol:
troglodiet

Same thing happened in the Rittenhouse trial.

One of the prosecuting attorneys picked up the rifle, put it against his shoulder and aimed it at the jury. He even had his finger on the trigger.
fishfoodie

.... and the jury took zero time to find her guilty.
A movie set weapons handler who loaded a gun for actor Alec Baldwin before it fired and killed a cinematographer has been found guilty of involuntary manslaughter.

Hannah Gutierrez-Reed was found not guilty of a second charge - tampering with evidence over the 2021 shooting of Halyna Hutchins on the set of Rust.

She could now face up to three years in prison.

Jurors only deliberated for a few hours after hearing prosecutors argue throughout the trial that Gutierrez-Reed, who oversaw the film's weaponry as its armourer, acted recklessly when loading the gun.

Prosecutors said Gutierrez-Reed had failed to ensure the weapon was only loaded with dummy rounds - fake bullets used to look and sound like real ones.

"This case is about constant, never-ending safety failures that resulted in the death of a human being," prosecutor Kari T Morrissey said during closing arguments on Wednesday.

Gutierrez-Reed was "negligent", "careless" and "thoughtless" when she failed to notice that live bullets had mixed with dummy rounds in a box of ammunition on set, Ms Morrissey told the jurors.

One of those bullets was in the firearm that was used by Mr Baldwin, prosecutors said.

Prosecutors also presented evidence that Gutierrez-Reed had brought a box of live bullets to the New Mexico film set from her California home. They said these live rounds slowly spread throughout the set.

She brought the live rounds, she failed to ensure they didn't get mixed with the dummy rounds, she managed the weapons, she loaded them ...

makes you wonder why the Persecutor brought charges against Baldwin .... :roll:
Gumboot

If only there'd been a good man with a gun on the set, this never would've happened.