I wonder who this is...................

Where goats go to escape
sockwithaticket

Couldn't make it through the full Morgan clip. By the halfway point he's said nothing of any relevance (who cares if the gutter press would have published salacious details of a private life in 20 - 30 years ago? That they've slightly improved behaviour since thenis not a cause for celebration) and has downplayed the fact that The Sun reported, without evidence, the solicitation of explicit images from a 17 year old by a member of the BBC.

He's a spacker, The Sun is garbage and this was mostly an attempt to do Rupert's bidding and land punches on the Beeb.

Any other allegations about abuses of his position should, if this whole unedifying episode is anything to go by, be fully investigated before they're reported on. Once their provenance has been established, Edwards should face any necessary repurcussions.
Ymx

Quite a lot to unpack here

Today
The family of Huw Edwards are receiving crisis management advice from former News of the World editor Andy Coulson, it has been reported.

David Cameron’s former Downing Street communications chief, who was jailed for phone hacking in 2014, is understood to have helped the broadcaster’s wife, Vicky Flind, to release the statement that named Mr Edwards as the figure at the centre of the BBC scandal.

It comes after former BBC journalists criticised the broadcaster’s coverage of the allegations against the newsreader, branding it a “disgrace” and “distasteful”.

Speaking on their podcast The News Agents, Emily Maitlis and Jon Sopel questioned why staff, who claimed they had been sent “inappropriate messages by the newsreader, had not informed HR. It came after it was reported that BBC journalists were already working on a potential expose about Mr Edwards, before The Sun published allegations he paid a teenager for explicit images.

The 61-year-old is receiving treatment in hospital for his mental health. Meanwhile, police concluded no criminal offence had been committed by Mr Edwards, allowing an internal BBC investigation to resume.
From yesterday
Three BBC employees, two current and one former, have become the latest to come forward with allegations against BBC presenter Huw Edwards after his identity was revealed by his wife on Wednesday.

BBC Newsnight reported new claims from staff members who said they had received “inappropriate messages” from Edwards, “some late at night and signed off with kisses”.

Both said there was “a reluctance among junior staff to complain to managers about the conduct of high-profile colleagues in case it adversely affected their careers”, Newsnight said.
Guy Smiley

No link, Murdoch lackey?
Ymx

Here you go

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/h ... 75177.html

From the notorious Murdoch supporting independent, numbskull.
Guy Smiley

Bimbo would say the same thing.
Ymx

Looks like the Wootton thing rumbled on, forcing him to make a statement.

Pretty much denied two chunky allegations. Though, he did not seem to address the “Martin Branning” angle. Which I believe he’s been accused of going by this alias and pretending to pay certain characters to send pics for money (catfish).

https://opoyi.com/amp/world/who-is-mart ... onal-name/
SaintK

Tabloids very quiet on this
Bet there would be a feeding frenzy if he worked for the BBC or any other media group
Torquemada 1420

EnergiseR2 wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:08 am
C69 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:36 pm
Ymx wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:24 pm Just killing time, sitting by the pool.

Did you watch it?
Yes and I don't mind Morgan his series on serial killers was excellent
Are you mental. He is in the top 100 world nobs. He has broken the American nob market ffs
Have mentioned this before. I got stuck next to the c**t at a charity dinner years ago and he's an even bigger c**t in reality than his tv persona.
Uncle fester

Frustrating thing about him is that he does have talent but chooses to spaff it against the wall.

Lily Allen makes an excellent point re Dan Wooton.
Slick

All the money you made will never buy back your soul
Ymx

Looks like he’s crowd funding his legals

https://democracythree.org/stop-dan-woo ... ine-smears

Never heard of the byline times before. What’s the verdict on them? Where are they on the spectrum?
Right=daily Mail
Centre right = Telegrsph
Centre = Times
Centre left = BBC
Left = independent/guardian

And where on the sleaze scale?
Uncle fester

Ymx wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:25 pm Looks like he’s crowd funding his legals

Never heard of the byline times before. What’s the verdict on them? Where are they on the spectrum?
Right=daily Mail
Centre right = Telegrsph
Centre = Times
Centre left = BBC

A pretty good illustration of how fücked the Overton window has become.
C69

:wtf

Right=daily Mail
Centre right = Telegrsph
Centre = Times
Centre left = BBC

Is that your idea of the political compass?
I like neeps

C69 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:25 am :wtf

Right=daily Mail
Centre right = Telegrsph
Centre = Times
Centre left = BBC

As much as I like the Telegraph = Centre right as an effort for nibbles putting Centre left = BBC is just tremendous bait.
C69

I like neeps wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:32 am
C69 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:25 am :wtf

Right=daily Mail
Centre right = Telegrsph
Centre = Times
Centre left = BBC

As much as I like the Telegraph = Centre right as an effort for nibbles putting Centre left = BBC is just tremendous bait.
I disagree, YMX is thick as shit with no idea about UK politics.
The above post is illuminating
Ymx

Nasty little bitch aren’t we c69
Biffer

He’s correct though
And are there two g’s in Bugger Off?
fishfoodie

Uncle fester wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:31 pm Frustrating thing about him is that he does have talent but chooses to spaff it against the wall.

Lily Allen makes an excellent point re Dan Wooton.
Lily demonstrating that she is capable of empathy, which means she is total unsuitable for working in any tabloid.
Ymx

I read that. She’s clearly a down right good person:
Ymx

Slightly unrelated, but amusing all the same.

Ymx

Biffer wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:29 am He’s correct though
Pathetic PR abuse ridden posting.

I thought better of you. Not c69, but you.
C69

Ymx wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:50 pm

Your post is pure unadulterated and uneducated bullshit spewn forth from an ill informed and Parisian viewpoint.
Calling you out on lazy, crass and moronic posts is not abuse it's axiomatic.
Sandstorm

:lol:
Ymx

C69 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:31 pm

Your post is pure unadulterated and uneducated bullshit spewn forth from an ill informed and Parisian viewpoint.
Calling you out on lazy, crass and moronic posts is not abuse it's axiomatic.
Please inform me from the worldly balanced wisdom of your echo chamber “Tory’s are cunts” thread, and where anything further right of the Torys are deemed nazis.

Where do you see the left-centre-right positioning of these publications?
Tichtheid

To be fair you've kind of created this situation. There is a prevailing wind on this forum, among those who post on the subject anyway, against the Tories and the state the UK is in after 13 years of them being in government.

There is of course no directive that anyone has to follow suit, but you've stated on a few occasions in the last month or so that you are deliberately posting against the views expressed on the Stop Voting For Tories thread, that's fine no problem.

However you started going on, and on, about "creepy Lefties" and all sort of other epithets and then got very upset when it was returned in kind, calling out "abusive Lefties". Then you posted stuff which is racist.

Either stop with the invective or grow a pair when it is returned, would be my advice.
sockwithaticket

Fascist =Daily Mail
Far right = Telegraph
Right = Times
Right of centre = BBC
Centre = Independent
Left of Centre = Guardian

Fixed.

We have no such thing as a full blown left newspaper and most of the right leaning ones have gone further and further right to match the Tory party and what the paymasters want. Given how right they started off, that's not a good thing.

Also never heard of the byline times, but they are left of centre according to: https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/byline-times/
Tichtheid

sockwithaticket wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:11 pm

Fascist =Daily Mail
Far right = Telegraph
Right = Times
Right of centre = BBC
Centre = Independent

Fixed.

We have no such thing as a full blown left newspaper and most of the right leaning ones have gone further and further right to match the Tory party and what the paymasters want. Given how right they started off, that's not a good thing.

Also never heard of the byline times, but they are left of centre according to: https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/byline-times/

There was a newsagent up around the corner from us who stocked the Morning Star, but after he retired the new owners don't do that any more.

I was just thinking that is probably the only leftist newspaper, and I think they've gone mainly online now.
Ymx

Tichtheid wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:46 pm

To be fair you've kind of created this situation. There is a prevailing wind on this forum, among those who post on the subject anyway, against the Tories and the state the UK is in after 13 years of them being in government.

There is of course no directive that anyone has to follow suit, but you've stated on a few occasions in the last month or so that you are deliberately posting against the views expressed on the Stop Voting For Tories thread, that's fine no problem.

However you started going on, and on, about "creepy Lefties" and all sort of other epithets and then got very upset when it was returned in kind, calling out "abusive Lefties". Then you posted stuff which is racist.

Either stop with the invective or grow a pair when it is returned, would be my advice.
Ok. A poster was trying to normalise the Huw situation where an senior public figure was paying a young drug prone youth for sex pics, when this man also has a wife and children. I stand by this, it is creepy. There also seems to be a lot suddenly standing by Huw over this, because it is the “lefty” bbc. Pretty sure these same people are not giving Dan Wootton the benefit of the doubt, even though Wootton denied the allegations, whereas Huw/family did not deny his own.

I do not believe I’ve said anything racist. If you are dragging in the boats thread, I don’t think my belief that there are many bad actors coming in on small boats is racist. There seems to be a predominance of young men, whose main interest seems to be based on the benefits they get. Many from countries not even at war. Other countries including France take a tougher stance. France rate of accepted applications is around 25%, and the UK with 70%. Obviously, also in France, they are not getting the luxuries they get over here. Perhaps I’ve been sucked in to the spin, but then perhaps other posters are deliberately blotting it out, because they feel it makes them a better person to never see any undesirable trends in cohorts of people.

I think it’s fair enough many many people are unhappy about the situation (I’d venture well over half the country), and I don’t think that makes them racist.
Ymx

Fascist =Daily Mail
Far right = Telegraph
Right = Times
Right of centre = BBC
Centre = Independent

Fixed.

Is that a joke or actually how you see it? That is a very distorted view.

The BBC don’t even try to hide their hatred of the government. There are very few conservatives who believe the BBC covers their view.

Telegraph are far right?? Come on, they are quintessentially down the middle conservative.

Your left/right border threshold lappears to be Jeremy Corbyn. You must think 95% of the country is right wing.
Ymx

This is a poll on the bbc (YouGov)

Which tends to put them more left than right,

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/tr ... -the-right
SaintK

Ymx wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:05 am This is a poll on the bbc (YouGov)

In a poll where nearly 50% of the respondents "didn't know" :lol: :lol: :lol:
sockwithaticket

Ymx wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:54 pm

Fascist =Daily Mail
Far right = Telegraph
Right = Times
Right of centre = BBC
Centre = Independent

Fixed.

Is that a joke or actually how you see it? That is a very distorted view.

The BBC don’t even try to hide their hatred of the government. There are very few conservatives who believe the BBC covers their view.

Telegraph are far right?? Come on, they are quintessentially down the middle conservative.

Your left/right border threshold lappears to be Jeremy Corbyn. You must think 95% of the country is right wing.
Pot, kettle etc.

My left/right threshold is primarily built upon the economic systems each paper writes in support of, with some consideration given to views on other issues like social and security. Even the Guardian is basically neo-liberal in its outlook on that front.

The Torygraph was a right wing paper, but it has been getting more and more gonzo ever since the run in to the Brexit vote. It's now the Daily Heil for people who don't want to be seen buying a red top.
sockwithaticket

Ymx wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:05 am This is a poll on the bbc (YouGov)

The Beeb whose recent prominent political programme presenters/chairs have been the likes of Kuennsberg, Bruce, Marr and Neil whose right bias is clear.

All that demonstrates is how far right our Overton window has shifted. The Beeb may appear to the left to the public because of how right wing so much of our other news media and political class is, but that doesn't make it left.
SaintK

sockwithaticket wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:25 am The Torygraph was a right wing paper, but it has been getting more and more gonzo ever since the run in to the Brexit vote. It's now the Daily Heil for people who don't want to be seen buying a red top.
Quite!
Camilla Tominey, Daniel Hannan, Sherelle Jacobs, Nick Timothy David FRost, Nigel Farage, Janet Daley, Allison Peters are all centrist journalists Ymx's world!!!
Ymx

I do not feel society has become more right wing in the UK.

Do we feel the younger replacement generations Millennials/Gen Z are more right wing than the dying boomers? I would definitely say no.
Uncle fester

Ymx wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:36 am I do not feel society has become more right wing in the UK.

Do we feel the younger replacement generations Millennials/Gen Z are more right wing than the dying boomers? I would definitely say no.
True but they don't have the megaphone that is print and TV media within their control.
Rhubarb & Custard

Ymx wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:54 pm

Hatred is the wrong word, the BBC typically has a healthy disdain and takes the piss out of the government across a variety of platforms/shows, and just typically that's the Tories. So really what's happening is some Tory voters are upset they're winning and then not getting praised for it, and that's the sort of behaviour you'd expect in a tired 3-4 year old

And the BBC on repeat basis features right of centre thinkers, be it politicians, entertainers, business types, NGO folk, those in the media world. Anyone concluding they don't is simply refusing to open their eyes to the obvious, and that's a lower standard of behaviour then you'd expect from a tired 3-4 year old.

One could fairly say it's hardly only centre right to right leaning thinkers, and often those on the right are often directly challenged at the time given the nature of the show they're on, but fuck there are some overly precious wankers in this world
Ymx

Uncle fester wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:11 am
Ymx wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:36 am I do not feel society has become more right wing in the UK.

True but they don't have the megaphone that is print and TV media within their control.
Then surely the bbc would be considered right wing to the populace, but it’s not.

Perhaps you guys are, dare I say it, quite left wing.
C69

Ymx wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:37 am

Then surely the bbc would be considered right wing to the populace, but it’s not.

I am unashamedly a classical anarcho socialist Trot but I know how to draw political lines
The Beeb is by very definition a tool of the Establishment it's not left wing or left leaning it is at best a Liberal metropolitan bellwether.
To class it as left wing is ridiculous.
Do you think Kussenberg or any presenters of flag ship programmes like QT are left wing?
Lobby

C69 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:38 pm
Ymx wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:37 am

I am unashamedly a classical anarcho socialist Trot but I know how to draw political lines
The Beeb is by very definition a tool of the Establishment it's not left wing or left leaning it is at best a Liberal metropolitan bellwether.
To class it as left wing is ridiculous.
Do you think Kussenberg or any presenters of flag ship programmes like QT are left wing?
One of the reasons the BBC is perceived to be left of centre by morons like YMX is that some of its output can be quite left-leaning, or can be seen as espousing left wing or progressive views, especially its drama, natural history and science departments. But as you and others have said, its political and current affairs coverage is very clearly right of centre. Its just not right wing enough for the more extreme Tories who now gravitate towards GB News.

The BBC's senior management is also dominated by Tories. Quite how anyone can think that the BBC is left wing when most of its senior journalists are conservative, its DG was a Tory party councillor, and its former Chairman was Rishi Sunak's previous boss and a personal friend of Johnson's who privately arranged for payments to be made to Johnson. Its Board of Governors is also stuffed full of Tories.

The Tory party like to complaint loudly about the BBC because that's what keeps it compliant.