Russell Brand: Raper

Where goats go to escape
Ymx

He’s certainly denying it. Saying it’s a media hatchet job.

Line6 HXFX

I kinda liked his Trews youtube channel.

Then he went completely batshit insane with all the conspiracy theories, and got like 7 millions subscribers spouting utter bilge.
C69

Batshit Crazy but raper?
I suppose we will see soon
Ymx

Looks like the independent have made up their mind. Look at the footer of the article. That’s pretty shocking to slap that in there.

Ymx

Here's the short of the upcoming, so you don’t need to watch it.
JM2K6

Ymx wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:44 pm Looks like the independent have made up their mind. Look at the footer of the article. That’s pretty shocking to slap that in there.

Why is it shocking? Pretty common place these days for articles that talk about certain traumatic events to do that
Sandstorm

5 women? Almost certainly not a media hatchet job, Russ.
Margin__Walker

Ymx wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:44 pm Looks like the independent have made up their mind. Look at the footer of the article. That’s pretty shocking to slap that in there.

Giving a rape crisis number out at the foot of an article with rape as the subject (alleged or otherwise ), seems like a fairly standard thing to do.
Lady P

Thing is, he’s so hatstand that he will just insist it’s a media hatchet job because of his conspiracy BS and his audience will lap it up because that’s what they do. There’s no cancellation to happen here.
Ymx

JM2K6 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:00 pm

Why is it shocking? Pretty common place these days for articles that talk about certain traumatic events to do that
Only where that event has definitely taken place.

Eg sudden deaths which have been confirmed as suicide, they do it, to drip some information in there.

Not in cases like this. Come on.
Ymx

This is pretty damning

One woman alleges that Brand raped her against a wall in his Los Angeles home. She was treated at a rape crisis centre on the same day, according to medical records. Text messages show that in the hours after leaving his house, she told Brand that she had been scared by him and felt taken advantage of, adding: “When a girl say[s] NO it means no.” Brand replied saying he was “very sorry”.
JM2K6

Ymx wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:15 pm

Eg sudden deaths which have been confirmed as suicide, they do it, to drip some information in there.

It's not to drip information in there. You're misreading this completely. The article talks about him being accused of rape, how does providing a link for supporting certain people reading the article alter that in any way? It's not a nudge nudge wink wink thing if you've already reported it.

It's entirely about the people reading the article.
Hal Jordan

Well, Elon Musk and Andrew Tate have his back, so he's travelling in good company.
Simian

simply not true. the guidelines on good reporting practice recommend adding that info on any article raising the topic.

they often/typically include a statement like the one you highlighted on soap operas when there is a storyline around rape. you know soaps are fiction, right?
JM2K6

Incidentally it's been an open secret for years that he's a sexual predator. Pretty sure he was even confronted on a show by another celeb, there's been plenty of people making it very clear he was persona non grata, etc. But it's great that this investigation has come to fruition.
Ymx

Yeah, this stuff is looking pretty bad for him!!

Ymx

Simian wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:45 pm

simply not true. the guidelines on good reporting practice recommend adding that info on any article raising the topic.

they often/typically include a statement like the one you highlighted on soap operas when there is a storyline around rape. you know soaps are fiction, right?
Just piss off, you are such a pound-shop low grade troll.
JM2K6

He's completely correct and you're being very weird about this.

It was Katherine Ryan I was thinking of; she heavily hinted at it during her Louis Theroux interview.
sockwithaticket

I like how the notorious addict can be so definitive about recollecting his own behaviour and that it's definitely five separate people who are wrong. :think:
Lady P wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:05 pm Thing is, he’s so hatstand that he will just insist it’s a media hatchet job because of his conspiracy BS and his audience will lap it up because that’s what they do. There’s no cancellation to happen here.
I don't think he's hatstand, he's a grifter who saw a way to keep making money after his pointlessly verbose, cheeky chappy persona stopped being enough to book gigs. Sliding into the 'just asking questions' centrist (but actually right wing) and conspiracy sphere adjacent to the likes of Rogan and Peterson is, depressingly enough, rather lucrative.
C69

No idea s he is a raper but his cock is tiny..
0'Brànd?
C69

No idea s he is a raper but his cock is tiny..
0'Brànd?
Biffer

All his anti main stream media stuff now looks like him preparing his cover in advance.
And are there two g’s in Bugger Off?
el capitan

Mid 2000's North London and a group of us are on an evening out. Brand tries repeatedly to approach/chat up the girlfriend of one of our group and suggest she goes off with him, whilst a couple of his entourage act as his shield and engage us whilst he "goes about his work". After he's told many times to fuck off, and a bit of a square off, he eventually goes off elsewhere.

So always thought he was an absolute twat and avoided anything he's done on the telly. Wouldn't surprise me if he was an absolute wrong 'un.
C69

Feck this is wild
Margin__Walker

el capitan wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:31 pm Mid 2000's North London and a group of us are on an evening out. Brand tries repeatedly to approach/chat up the girlfriend of one of our group and suggest she goes off with him, whilst a couple of his entourage act as his shield and engage us whilst he "goes about his work". After he's told many times to fuck off, and a bit of a square off, he eventually goes off elsewhere.

So always thought he was an absolute twat and avoided anything he's done on the telly. Wouldn't surprise me if he was an absolute wrong 'un.
He sounds like a real diamond geezer back in the day. Reads like one of those weird pick up artist seminar presentations.

Innocent until proven guilty and all that but those texts are pretty damning if verified and it wouldn't be hugely surprising if someone as persistent as he was didn't ultimately have a flexible relationship with the concept of consent.
Cartman

Lady P wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:05 pm Thing is, he’s so hatstand that he will just insist it’s a media hatchet job because of his conspiracy BS and his audience will lap it up because that’s what they do. There’s no cancellation to happen here.
That must be the least of his problems now right?
Wont the police and prosecutor's office have to get involved now?
lemonhead

Hal Jordan wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:38 pm Well, Elon Musk and Andrew Tate have his back, so he's travelling in good company.
Yeah, thought that was meant as the damning bit.

Never met the guy but always recall Phill Jupitus' take on him given at a poetry evening once:
He's from Grays.
Last edited by lemonhead on Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slick

el capitan wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:31 pm Mid 2000's North London and a group of us are on an evening out. Brand tries repeatedly to approach/chat up the girlfriend of one of our group and suggest she goes off with him, whilst a couple of his entourage act as his shield and engage us whilst he "goes about his work". After he's told many times to fuck off, and a bit of a square off, he eventually goes off elsewhere.

Also spent a few evenings in his company in Camden back in the day and he was well known as being an absolute cunt. Was in his face twice myself and pushed out the way by a couple of his unofficial security. Anyone in that area around that time knew he was a cunt

By coincidence was with a group tonight talking about this which included an ex tabloid editor who had personal experience of Walliams. They reckon he is on another level and will eventually be outed as one of the worst predators we have seen in the entertainment industry
All the money you made will never buy back your soul
Simian

Ymx wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:58 pm
Simian wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:45 pm

Just piss off, you are such a pound-shop low grade troll.
I corrected you on what is, literally, a matter of fact. And, to you, that’s me being ‘a low grade troll’.

Fair enough.
Simian

JM2K6 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:04 pm
It was Katherine Ryan I was thinking of; she heavily hinted at it during her Louis Theroux interview.
Sara pascoe has made similar (very) thinly veiled comments
Brazil

It's staggering that this arsehole was treated like a serious political commentator in 2015. This also confirms the fact that early 2000s Camden was literally the worst place on earth.
Rhubarb & Custard

EnergiseR2 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:00 am
Brazil wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:39 am It's staggering that this arsehole was treated like a serious political commentator in 2015. This also confirms the fact that early 2000s Camden was literally the worst place on earth.
Mortgage backed securities and CDO's have a lot to answer for. Nearly all of the cunts came out of the ashes of the 2008 recession
And the MICs if that's the case
dpedin

It really is interesting how all these guys, and they are guys, can survive in 'plain sight' often telling us what they are up to without being held to account. Tate, Saville, Cyril Smyth, Brand, Harris, Epstein and Prince Andrew etc have all given enormous clues as to their predatory behaviour and became so brazen so as to almost brag about it in public and certainly did in private. And when then exposed I and almost everyone I know all say 'well it was feckin obvious' or 'I always thought they were ..'. I understand all the issues around power, money and coercion of their victims and their position in society so as to control or threaten the media, force the police to turn a blind eye and use the law to threaten other, etc but it still mystifies me how these folk live with themselves and the harm they do. What makes them immune to the impact they have on others ... are they all sociopaths?
Openside

Ymx wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:56 pm Yeah, this stuff is looking pretty bad for him!!

There is plenty of dodgy selfish behaviour that doesn’t mean rape. It sounds like this might be down to non condom use rather than non consensual sex (I admit that I don’t know whether ‘pretending’ to use a condom when not constitutes rape) . Is she was raped she deserves justice but why wait 15 years when it sounds like the police were involved at the time??
C69

Lots more coming out from LA. Let's see what happeens.
It looks like floodgates may be opening. No Police reports as yet.
sockwithaticket

dpedin wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:45 am It really is interesting how all these guys, and they are guys, can survive in 'plain sight' often telling us what they are up to without being held to account. Tate, Saville, Cyril Smyth, Brand, Harris, Epstein and Prince Andrew etc have all given enormous clues as to their predatory behaviour and became so brazen so as to almost brag about it in public and certainly did in private. And when then exposed I and almost everyone I know all say 'well it was feckin obvious' or 'I always thought they were ..'. I understand all the issues around power, money and coercion of their victims and their position in society so as to control or threaten the media, force the police to turn a blind eye and use the law to threaten other, etc but it still mystifies me how these folk live with themselves and the harm they do. What makes them immune to the impact they have on others ... are they all sociopaths?
Well, yeah. Maybe not sociopathy specifically, but there's clearly something wrong with the parts of their brains that relate to empathy, otherwise they wouldn't do what they do. Their own wants and needs are skewed from those of regular people and other than wanting to not get caught, they don't seem to have any limitations set on pursuing their aberrant desires. Sometimes they find themselves already born to a position where there's apparatus they can leverage to insulate themselves against consequences of that pursuit (Prince Andrew), while others rise to such a position (Saville).

Lately, when victims are courageous enough to come forward and go on the record they are held to account. Belatedly perhaps, but Epstein was in prison when he killed himself/was bumped off before he could spill his guts and last I heard Tate is awaiting whether a judge will advise for rape and human trafficking charges in Romania to proceed to trial. It just requires a bit more than everyone 'knowing' that someone's a creep.
sockwithaticket

Openside wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:04 am
Ymx wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 7:56 pm Yeah, this stuff is looking pretty bad for him!!

There is plenty of dodgy selfish behaviour that doesn’t mean rape. It sounds like this might be down to non condom use rather than non consensual sex (I admit that I don’t know whether ‘pretending’ to use a condom when not constitutes rape) . Is she was raped she deserves justice but why wait 15 years when it sounds like the police were involved at the time??
I mean, "when a girl says no, it means no" sounds a bit more serious than him not using a condom. Both things are referenced, it's not necessarily the case that the first thing relates to the second.

2012, so 11 years.

In that time a lot has changed in the discourse around what's acceptable conduct and what consitutes consent along with an apparent renewed willingness of authorities to actually do something about it rather than be dismissive of reports. In this environment women are understandably reviewing incidents from their past and feeling more empowered to speak up. It helps for them to have seen real life examples of powerful men like Weinstein and Epstein get their comeuppance, it tells them that speaking up may not be futile after all.
lemonhead

sockwithaticket wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:14 am
dpedin wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:45 am It really is interesting how all these guys, and they are guys, can survive in 'plain sight' often telling us what they are up to without being held to account. Tate, Saville, Cyril Smyth, Brand, Harris, Epstein and Prince Andrew etc have all given enormous clues as to their predatory behaviour and became so brazen so as to almost brag about it in public and certainly did in private. And when then exposed I and almost everyone I know all say 'well it was feckin obvious' or 'I always thought they were ..'. I understand all the issues around power, money and coercion of their victims and their position in society so as to control or threaten the media, force the police to turn a blind eye and use the law to threaten other, etc but it still mystifies me how these folk live with themselves and the harm they do. What makes them immune to the impact they have on others ... are they all sociopaths?
Well, yeah. Maybe not sociopathy specifically, but there's clearly something wrong with the parts of their brains that relate to empathy, otherwise they wouldn't do what they do. Their own wants and needs are skewed from those of regular people and other than wanting to not get caught, they don't seem to have any limitations set on pursuing their aberrant desires. Sometimes they find themselves already born to a position where there's apparatus they can leverage to insulate themselves against consequences of that pursuit (Prince Andrew), while others rise to such a position (Saville).

Lately, when victims are courageous enough to come forward and go on the record they are held to account. Belatedly perhaps, but Epstein was in prison when he killed himself/was bumped off before he could spill his guts and last I heard Tate is awaiting whether a judge will advise for rape and human trafficking charges in Romania to proceed to trial. It just requires a bit more than everyone 'knowing' that someone's a creep.
My Thought Tree which is more accustomed to much lighter subject material did an episode on Saville which was downright chilling.

Seems he almost did want to get caught, which just turns your stomach when you think how did he not die in prison.
sockwithaticket

lemonhead wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:27 am
sockwithaticket wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:14 am

My Thought Tree which is more accustomed to much lighter subject material did an episode on Saville which was downright chilling.

Seems he almost did want to get caught, which just turns your stomach when you think how did he not die in prison.
Yeah, they have kind of documented this with some serial killers. They want to keep killing, servicing that desire, but they also have a kind of perverse pride in what they do and want for notoriety, so they start taking risks or explicitly providing hints for law enforcement.
BnM

Not using a condom when it was agreed, taking it off mid way through, etc etc all counts as rape legally. It's about what the other person consented too. Same for 2 men having sex. If consent was given for sex with a condom, then if the other person removes or pretends then consent is revoked. There's been legal cases around it and convictions.