RWC SF2 England vs Springboks on 21/10 @ 21h00

Where goats go to escape
_Os_

Sards wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:09 am A bit of gamesmanship.
Tend to agree, especially when 2022 was brought up. It's now confirmed the RFU did raise an additional complaint about that too. Then they realised there was no case. All before a RWC final.

Bongi will be a Springbok fan favourite forever. Somewhat similar to the Geo Cronje case, fans decided it was all kak and he was innocent long before it was declared. Guys were rocking up at stadiums everywhere the Bulls played with "Geo" painted on their bare chests, even if they didn't support the Bulls.

Curry, well we all know what Bok fans are going to know him as.
assfly

Curry isn't the issue here. It's the RFU, now doubling down saying that Bongi is 100% guilty of racial abuse.

OomStruisbaai

_Os_ wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:28 am Curry, well we all know what Bok fans are going to know him as.
Todays afrikaanse newspaper

assfly

The more I read that press release from the RFU, the worse it gets.

SARU should take them to court. It's defamation.

World Rugby should also demand they take that statement down, it basically undermines their own processes.
Paddington Bear

Defamation proceedings would suggest the accusations are untrue…
Old men forget: yet all shall be forgot, But he'll remember with advantages, What feats he did that day
_Os_

assfly wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:45 am The more I read that press release from the RFU, the worse it gets.

World Rugby should also demand they take that statement down, it basically undermines their own processes.
If they're not going to charge Bongi, they need to explicitly state he's innocent too.

SARU legal team apparently shut the circus down, they need to keep going.
Sandstorm

Paddington Bear wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:56 am Defamation proceedings would suggest the accusations are untrue…
There's no evidence it is true. So RFU need to STFU and move on.
_Os_

Sandstorm wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:01 am
Paddington Bear wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:56 am Defamation proceedings would suggest the accusations are untrue…
No no, remember 2022 that urgently needs to be brought up after England lose a semi final to the Boks?!
JM2K6

What even is the argument being made here?
Calculon

that RFU are acting like a bunch of cunts
Last edited by Calculon on Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Slick

JM2K6 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:07 am What even is the argument being made here?
I think its that England, and everyone else in the entire world that isn't South African, are trying to destabilise the team ahead of the final. This seems to be the only reasonable reason for England pursuing it. I for one am convinced that straight after the game on Saturday the players, coaches and RFU got in a circle and brainstormed ways to put the Boks off their stride for the final.
All the money you made will never buy back your soul
Paddington Bear

The RFU have asked for it to be heard at an open hearing to ascertain the truth, is that so unreasonable? Fuck me there’s been some strange reactions to this
Old men forget: yet all shall be forgot, But he'll remember with advantages, What feats he did that day
Calculon

Slick wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:20 am
JM2K6 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:07 am What even is the argument being made here?
I think its that England, and everyone else in the entire world that isn't South African, are trying to destabilise the team ahead of the final. This seems to be the only reasonable reason for England pursuing it. I for one am convinced that straight after the game on Saturday the players, coaches and RFU got in a circle and brainstormed ways to put the Boks off their stride for the final.
my god, you are so witty and funny
Slick

Calculon wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:23 am
What is it then?
Sards

Paddington Bear wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:23 am
The RFU have asked for it to be heard at an open hearing to ascertain the truth, is that so unreasonable? Fuck me there’s been some strange reactions to this
English rugby is in decline. Sort those issues before you start looking at other sides in the world.
assfly

Paddington Bear wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:23 am The RFU have asked for it to be heard at an open hearing to ascertain the truth, is that so unreasonable? Fuck me there’s been some strange reactions to this
World Rugby has said their is no evidence. What is there to discuss?

Even so, why not take it up privately with World Rugby?

Their statement is filled with emotion. They are publicly accusing the Springbok vica-captain of being a racist.
Calculon

Slick wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:26 am

What is it then?
that the rfu are a bunch of cunts for insisting that bongi is 100% guilty
_Os_

Willie on his celebration run from so deep he started in the Strand:

"It was just emotion, I think I had the same emotion as everyone back home, I was excited the margins in those big games are so small, I just jumped up out of emotion of happiness as we just got through a World Cup semi-final".

Kwagga has a brilliant line for some of you that are always on our threads bitching and moaning:

"We don't play for people to respect us, we play for each other and we play for South Africa so they can be proud of us".

Paddington Bear

assfly wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:28 am
Paddington Bear wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:23 am The RFU have asked for it to be heard at an open hearing to ascertain the truth, is that so unreasonable? Fuck me there’s been some strange reactions to this
World Rugby has said their is no evidence. What is there to discuss?

Even so, why not take it up privately with World Rugby?

Their statement is filled with emotion. They are publicly accusing the Springbok vica-captain of being a racist.
Not that I think it’s massively emotional, but one of our players reported being racially abused and in response he’s receiving death threats! So they could be forgiven for being emotional if they were.
assfly

Paddington Bear wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:34 am Not that I think it’s massively emotional, but one of our players reported being racially abused and in response he’s receiving death threats! So they could be forgiven for being emotional if they were.
Curry's online abuse is awful, but our players have also been on the receiving end of death threats too.

As for being emotional, as you know South Africa has a serious history when it comes to racism that still exists today. It was bad enough that Bongi was accused of this in the first place when it was clear there was a language issue, but for the RFU to come out and double down on the accusation, despite being exonerated by World Rugby, is quite frankly disgusting.
OomStruisbaai

assfly wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:39 am
Paddington Bear wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:34 am Not that I think it’s massively emotional, but one of our players reported being racially abused and in response he’s receiving death threats! So they could be forgiven for being emotional if they were.
Curry's online abuse is awful, but our players have also been on the receiving end of death threats too.

As for being emotional, as you know South Africa has a serious history when it comes to racism that still exists today. It was bad enough that Bongi was accused of this in the first place when it was clear there was a language issue, but for the RFU to come out and double down on the accusation, despite being exonerated by World Rugby, is quite frankly disgusting.
Forget it. The English has write us off since 1900. They wont even make an excuse for their misstake.
Margin__Walker

assfly wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:39 am

Is it clear? Both alleged incidents seem to have been off the ball, where the language explanation makes less sense.

Maybe Curry did make all of this up, but if he's actually sure himself that it happened, I can understand any frustration at the lack of a formal panel/ interview etc, Even if the end result may be the same.
Slick

Calculon wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:30 am

What is it then?
So should we move our death threats from Curry and his family to some RFU folk?
Blake

assfly wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:45 am The more I read that press release from the RFU, the worse it gets.

They are really doubling down with that statement, aren't they?
OomStruisbaai

It seems Curry is a spiv.
SaintK

OomStruisbaai wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:51 am It seems Curry is a spiv.
Not sure you've quite grasped what the word spiv means.
assfly

Margin__Walker wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:46 am Is it clear? Both alleged incidents seem to have been off the ball, where the language explanation makes less sense.

Maybe Curry did make all of this up, but if he's actually sure himself that it happened, I can understand any frustration at the lack of a formal panel/ interview etc, Even if the end result may be the same.
I think it's clear. The Boks are screaming kant in every game. I find it extremely hard to believe that our vice captain would use a racial slur, especially when everything can be heard these days.

Also, he is surrounded by white players, why would he use a racial slur? It's like one of the Fijian players making a nasty comment about Tuilagi's heritage, it's non-sensical.

The RFU may feel frustrated, but there is a way of dealing with that. Issuing a public statement declaring our vice captain a racist is not the way to do it.
OomStruisbaai

SaintK wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:53 am
Car salesman my Scot broers told me. Its the perfect job for him. Selling white cars.
Sandstorm

Paddington Bear wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:23 am
Because if it goes that far, then regardless of the final result, Bongi will have to carry this stain around forever. Make it an official hearing and he's toast.

It's 2023 and this kind of shit is always blown waaay out of proportion (see, I'm doing it now!!). Someone needs to tell the RFU to harden the fuck up and move on. For the good of everyone & the Game.

Besides, if the Boks win or lose on Saturday, Rarsie will just tell the Hearing Committee to piss off and SARU won't release Bongi to attend anyway. :spin
Slick

assfly wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:55 am
Margin__Walker wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:46 am Is it clear? Both alleged incidents seem to have been off the ball, where the language explanation makes less sense.

I think it's clear. The Boks are screaming kant in every game. I find it extremely hard to believe that our vice captain would use a racial slur, especially when everything can be heard these days.

Also, he is surrounded by white players, why would he use a racial slur? It's like one of the Fijian players making a nasty comment about Tuilagi's heritage, it's non-sensical.

The RFU may feel frustrated, but there is a way of dealing with that. Issuing a public statement declaring our vice captain a racist is not the way to do it.
I actually agree with most of this. Just the last bit is open to disagreement, if Curry really does think he had it aimed at him over 2 games then you have to expect the RFU to back him.
Sandstorm

OomStruisbaai wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:57 am
SaintK wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:53 am
Car salesman my Scot broers told me. Its the perfect job for him. Selling white cars.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
assfly

Slick wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:58 am I actually agree with most of this. Just the last bit is open to disagreement, if Curry really does think he had it aimed at him over 2 games then you have to expect the RFU to back him.
Then take it up with World Rugby directly through an appeal process.

I think their (understandable) anger of the abuse towards Curry has clouded their public response, which maybe could have waited another day or two.
_Os_

assfly wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:55 am The RFU may feel frustrated, but there is a way of dealing with that. Issuing a public statement declaring our vice captain a racist is not the way to do it.
They're undermining World Rugby's independent disciplinary process with their statement.

This is the exact "destroying spirit of the game" stuff South Africans are accused of being solely responsible for. It's much like attacking the ref.

Hilarious. I wonder where this goes next. :lol:
handyman

Last edited by handyman on Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Springboks, Stormers and WP supporter.
sockwithaticket

_Os_ wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:03 am
No no, remember 2022 that urgently needs to be brought up after England lose a semi final to the Boks?!
Both here and on reddit it is bizarre seeing some Saffas so incapable of grasping why the same thing happening with the same two players the last time these teams played might be relevant to an allegation being made the next time it happens.

It's just as weird as the suggestion or implication that this is being done to try and disrupt SA's prep for a final and not simply an issue being raised as and when it occurred. When would you like it to be brought up? Because if Curry and the RFU waited until after the final I'm sure some of you would be castigating both for trying to rain on your parade/rub salt into the wounds depending on the outcome and/or questioning why it wasn't raised at the time.
_Os_

sockwithaticket wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:18 am
_Os_ wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:03 am

Both here and on reddit it is bizarre seeing some Saffas so incapable of grasping why the same thing happening with the same two players the last time these teams played might be relevant to an allegation being made the next time it happens.

It's just as weird as the suggestion or implication that this is being done to try and disrupt SA's prep for a final and not simply an issue being raised as and when it occurred. When would you like it to be brought up? Because if Curry and the RFU waited until after the final I'm sure some of you would be castigating both for trying to rain on your parade/rub salt into the wounds depending on the outcome and/or questioning why it wasn't raised at the time.
If it happened and it's serious stuff etc, then why not bring it when it happened.

It looks incredibly bad to being it up after losing a RWC semi, and to come with no evidence.

You lot would be going ape shit if SARU were doing this and accusing one of your players of racism without evidence. Absolutely none of us would want to be accused of racism in their workplace without there even being any evidence to action anything, but with those accusations somehow still standing and being supported by those in more powerful positions.
Calculon

Slick wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:47 am
Calculon wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:30 am

What is it then?
So should we move our death threats from Curry and his family to some RFU folk?
Yes, yes that's clearly what I'm saying. Well done
Rhubarb & Custard

Witness testimony is evidence.
Sandstorm

sockwithaticket wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:18 am
Seems Curry got it incorrect twice in 12 months. Hope he apologises for being wrong and a wet lettuce.
Sandstorm

Rhubarb & Custard wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:26 am Witness testimony is evidence.
From the plaintiff? I think you'll need someone else too, mate.