RWC Final : New Zealand vs South Africa - Sat 28th @ 20.00 BST

Where goats go to escape
OomStruisbaai

Muttonbird wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:53 am
OomStruisbaai wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:46 am
Muttonbird wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:39 am I don't think the Springboks left any tries out there because they are wedded to not playing rugby.

And the Springboks could not possibly have won the 1987 RWC because they were ineligible coming from a state which practiced racial segregation, Apartheid.

Some things are bigger than rugby, PB.
I tried to tell you in a nice manner to stay humble before the final. Please do the same after the final. KLA nearly scored an breath taking try. It was as close as it get. So dont tell me we didnt try to play rugby. I am a Stormers supporter and love running rugby more then you can imagen. Any final is about grinding a win even from u7 level to Paarl Interschools. Pollard is born for this kind of rugby, he did it from his Paarl Gim days.

If you dont like it, you watch the wrong sport.
I've never appreciated South Africa rugby because I just don't believe they play a game which is appealing to watch. They scored one try in the knockout phases I think. That you are hanging your hat on a nearly try and claiming the Springboks left a lot of tries out there seems desperate and certainly not humble after the game.
Your mathematics is poor. :oops:
Sards

Ymx wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:32 am Foster does a Cheika. Twat.

Now, fvck off forever.
I really feel for those 2. They look absolutely devastated
Sards

Muttonbird wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:39 am
OomStruisbaai wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:14 am Haven't rewatch the final I felt we left a few tries out there.

Still feel the Springboks should have won the 1987 WC.
I don't think the Springboks left any tries out there because they are wedded to not playing rugby.

And the Springboks could not possibly have won the 1987 RWC because they were ineligible coming from a state which practiced racial segregation, Apartheid.

You can safely say an era has passed. Those Springboks that won a consecutive RWC won't feature much going forward. We have some really exciting talent just waiting in the wings to add value to the Twickenham result. I believe Rassie did what was needed to win this RWC.
Biffer

Kiwis will never be back as the best with Richie Mo at ten
And are there two g’s in Bugger Off?
OomStruisbaai

@Muttonbird,

Insane_Homer

Muttonbird wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:53 am I've never appreciated South Africa rugby because I just don't believe they play a game which is appealing to watch. They scored one try in the knockout phases I think. That you are hanging your hat on a nearly try and claiming the Springboks left a lot of tries out there seems desperate and certainly not humble after the game.
You forgot the 4 scored against France.

How about some not made up stats...

Like which team had the worst discipline at the WC with 2 Reds and 5 Yellows, for shame.
“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true.”
Muttonbird

Why are Saffas so desperate to tell the world they can score tries or in PB's case nearly score tries? :lol:
Muttonbird

Poor old Wayne Barnes. There were two ends to his career. In the beginning he would have wished for more technological assistance. And at the end he would have wished for less.
Plim

Congratulations SA. Hard road to the trophy.

As for the final, watched it with a Welsh mate and spent a lot of the time talking about our families and holiday plans for the year. The lottery that is red card decisions got a run out in discussion though.

TBF, I put the lack of quality mostly down to the conditions. I would have loved to have seen that game played in the dry. I reckon it would have been a classic.
Slick

Congratulations SA, remarkable team and a remarkable captain.
All the money you made will never buy back your soul
OomStruisbaai

Mutton make feel this Is France and England all over again.
C69

Loads of reports that yet again Barnes has received death threats again on social media.
FFS what is wrong with these so called NZ supporters?
SaintK

C69 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:02 am Loads of reports that yet again Barnes has received death threats again on social media.
Hopefully his wife is not on the receiving end this time!
Slick

C69 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:02 am Loads of reports that yet again Barnes has received death threats again on social media.
Seriously?
C69

Slick wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:20 am
Seriously?
Ruck.co.uk
Rhubarb & Custard

There was for sure a sense of that watching the final (and also England) that one was simply wasting part of one's life watching something that was plain and simple boring, really, really boring.

The IRB claim they want to encourage a new audience into the game, but you would have no sense of that from the finale to the game's supposed showpiece event. It was better than the last Lions series, but no argument not to find something more interesting to do instead.
Rhubarb & Custard

C69 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:22 am
Seriously?
Ruck.co.uk
Does anyone take Ruck seriously?
SaintK

C69 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:22 am
Seriously?
Ruck.co.uk
From the article. Won't link as it takes an age to load.
Rugby World Cup final referee Wayne Barnes has received death threats on social media following South Africa’s victory over New Zealand.

The referee, who, in our opinion, had a fine game, was subjected to some social media jesting, but others crossed the line. We’ve chosen not to publish them because of their explicit content.

Mick Cleary of The Telegraph wrote: “Wayne Barnes getting the usual drivel on social media from aggrieved NZ fans. Thought he did well. It’s the sport that has a problem with head contact. Has to be sanctioned but it will massively impact a game. Don’t blame the ref.”
OomStruisbaai

Rhubarb & Custard wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:47 am
There was for sure a sense of that watching the final (and also England) that one was simply wasting part of one's life watching something that was plain and simple boring, really, really boring.

The IRB claim they want to encourage a new audience into the game, but you would have no sense of that from the finale to the game's supposed showpiece event. It was better than the last Lions series, but no argument not to find something more interesting to do instead.
If the iRB want to grow rugby, do it at the lowest structure not the top. You know there where the kids play. That's where our rugby are healthy.

Again go watch and play League or soccer or some shite.
Rhubarb & Custard

OomStruisbaai wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:59 am

If the iRB want to grow rugby, do it at the lowest structure not the top. You know there where the kids play. That's where our rugby are healthy.

I said do something 'interesting' instead. Which really shouldn't suggest league, football, or indeed 'shite'

Sepak takraw maybe. Or maybe hope we go back to games like the 2015 final
Slick

I’m certainly done with international rugby, except for the 6N, for a while. Really find myself not enjoying all the shite that goes with it and just watching because I feel I should.

And completely agree, the lower levels are much more to my liking
JM2K6

OomStruisbaai wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:14 am Haven't rewatch the final I felt we left a few tries out there.

I don't think the Springboks left any tries out there because they are wedded to not playing rugby.

I tried to tell you in a nice manner to stay humble before the final. Please do the same after the final. KLA nearly scored an breath taking try. It was as close as it get. So dont tell me we didnt try to play rugby. I am a Stormers supporter and love running rugby more then you can imagen. Any final is about grinding a win even from u7 level to Paarl Interschools. Pollard is born for this kind of rugby, he did it from his Paarl Gim days.

Ahem. KLA was in touch AND he dropped it anyway. Pretty low bar for "nearly scored a breath taking try"
Slick

As if the reaction wouldn’t have been an absolute shit show if you had lost 😂
OomStruisbaai

Slick wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:15 am

I’m certainly done with international rugby, except for the 6N, for a while. Really find myself not enjoying all the shite that goes with it and just watching because I feel I should.

And completely agree, the lower levels are much more to my liking
Schoolboy rugby is the best rugby to watch and support.
tabascoboy

SaintK

tabascoboy wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:34 am
They'll be dancing in the Streets of Gauteng tonight!!!
Wonderful :thumbup:
Slick

Kolisi is going to have a hell of a time when he gets home!
SaintK

Slick wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:51 am Kolisi is going to have a hell of a time when he gets home!
....and for the rest of his life after his exploits you'd hope!
OomStruisbaai

Enzedder

Have you got any evidence or is this "media" (and I use the term very loosely) make-up shit?
I drink and I forget things.
_Os_

Blake wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:37 pm
_Os_ wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:45 am
Blake wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:26 am The last 2 weeks have been rough man. Productivity levels at record lows for me.
I expected a QF final against France/NZ so wasn't too fussed into the lead up to that match.

But getting through by the skin of our teeth got us into territoty I hadn't mentally and emotionally prepared myself for.
I've been so distracted with this euphoria, buildup, tension, euphoria, buildup cycle. I'm ready for this to be overwith man.

Just hope it ends with euphoria again and not with gutrenching disappointment.
Is this why your tipping has been so poor chief?
Sure, let me blame it on that :lol:

It's been pretty kak hey.
I've forgotten to make a couple of picks in time, but for the most part they've just been shit.
But the broadcast times of the games have been horrible for me, so I hardly watched any of the matches ourside the Springbok ones; maybe 2 or 3.
I've just slept for about 16 hours, and still feel exhausted.

It was like those Sharks playoff matches, where it's the end of the season, all the other teams have worked the Sharks out and they just have to grind out a semi in Durban and a final in the depths of the South Island. Just that this lasted for weeks and weeks, the investment wasn't one season but multiple seasons, and all the teams that knew what was coming from the Boks were also some of the best there is, x4 Saders. Then in the final week the Bongi/curry madness. Feel like I've aged a decade.

The worst part of the match was losing Bongi, critical player in the scrum and lineout. Lineout was a mess afterwards, scrum was even, although from memory the first Trev/Ox scrum (66th minute?) was dominant but somehow the Boks didn't get the ball (squirted out the side of a Bok scrum piling forward?). That Bongi injury is what made the match more like the other matches, weak platform so then the Boks are relying on defence/kicking/counter attack.

Sam Cane carding was fortunate for us and very sad for him. But, Felix Jones was asked an interesting question in the lead up to the final, how had his views on South African rugby changed from before he was involved with the Springboks and now? He had a long think before answering, it wasn't kak he was just saying. His reply was that he always dismissed Bok strengths in the tackle/contact/ruck as not worth considering and basically just about toughness, but then he saw how his kids were coached at school in SA and how other teams trained, and he realised it was a skill issue that was ingrained by the age of about 10, that the Boks were the best in the contact because they were the most skilled at it. Boks were the cleanest side in the comp, all the controversy about cards had very little impact on the Boks.
Sards

I've got a feeling that world rugby will have to find something new to bitch about the boks in the very near future. That hiding the boks gave the ABs at Twickenham could well be our future. There is some mouth watering talent there that's now been exposed to the bok setup and trust me, you are going to see a lot more coming through the ranks.

Just out of interest. A kid in my eldest's 9th grade used to give my boy a lift to school every day with his dad. We don't use that arrangement anymore because that kid plays rugby and the coach told him that if he wants to improve he needs to hit the school gym every morning before school. So every morning very early he is hitting the gym. A 15 year old kid.

My eldest lives for cricket and he does gym twice a week to work on cardio besides his 4 one and a half hour practice sessions a week. Club and school.

It's no longer just about having natural skill. It's a great deal of hard work and commitment. This generation is hungry. Covid vokked up a lot of years in their lives .

The URC and challenge cup is creating a lot more opportunities for youngsters to start finding a way to make it.

South Africans are very resilient. And determined.
Be careful what you wish for
_Os_

It's very bizarre how upset a lot of people are about the Boks winning and the manner in which they have won, they really are fucking livid. Only the Irish and Kiwis seem to still be sane. Not that I'm complaining, I prefer it this way. There's a lot of nonsense being made up about this Bok side already, the facts are: the Boks were the least kicking side in the comp, Boks beat the French through their defence and counter attack/running, England through their defence and scrum, and the ABs through the defence and place kicking. People can tell themselves whatever they like about how the sport should be played, it has to actually work. I firmly believe it France or Ireland won it the way the Boks did, with a final that was exactly the same but with France v Ireland, we would be hearing a very different story about how great this match was.

The World Rugby awards are amusing, as they often are, Du Preez not winning player of the year in 2009 has made it all a bit of joke ever since for many Saffas. World Rugby's XV of the year only has one Bok (Etzebeth), coach of the year is Farrell, player of the year is Savea. Found it amusing that immediately after the medals ceremony and meeting Bill Beaumont, Rassie changed his Twitter avatar to Pichot. They didn't want the Boks winning this.

Here are the French individually booing each Bok player when the 23 was read out, this could be heard in parts of the pre-match broadcast too. Remember: For the "values of rugby" you must hate the Boks with everything you've got. Won't be long and they'll be booing our anthem, which Bok fans would fucking love if we're honest. :lol:

Gumboot

Wow, persecution complex much? :lol:

Honestly bro, fuck the boorish haters and their worthless opinions.

You have a nice shiny gold cup in your trophy cabinet, again, and they have squat. Oh, and salty tears. They have lots of those.

Enjoy!
OomStruisbaai

OomStruisbaai wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:22 pm
Ymx wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:29 pm

Polly Barnes says that fans threatened to kill her children and burn down her house.

Although she doesn't specify which set of fans are behind the hate campaign, the abuse which was directed at her husband in recent weeks has come following South Africa's loss to France in the Autumn Nation Series, in which Springbok fans took issue with a number of his refereeing decisions.

Barnes has revealed on The Good, the Bad & the Rugby how the toll of online abuse led to discussions around giving up the whistle to continue as a lawyer. The 43-year-old detailed a harrowing account of the abuse aimed at his partner Polly in the aftermath of the game that threatened his family.

Now Polly herself has spoken out on Twitter.

"I’ve seen some things in the last few years, but receiving direct messages from rugby ‘fans’ threatening to kill your kids & burn your house down with your family in it over a few on-field decisions is a new low for me, my family & a plague for our entire game. It must stop now," wrote Mrs Barnes.
But some supporters took it way too far, as Bebo profiles were created by hundreds of All Blacks fans and he was sent personal abuse and vile death threats, with posts including mock obituaries of the official and calls for him to be "shot by a sniper".
You lot starts this shite, so try something new.
So it happen again

https://www.ruck.co.uk/wayne-barnes-rec ... cup-final/
_Os_

Attachments
Tula Wena.png
Tula Wena.png (979.56 KiB) Viewed 457 times
Gumboot

I am so fucking over all this constant whining and finger-pointing. "You lot" started it! Wahhh! FFS, grow up y'all.

Losers who post death threats on social media aren't worth bothering with, regardless of where they come from.

They're not true rugby fans, they're feckless fucking cowards. Let them crawl back under their rocks for the next 4 years, and get back to celebrating your great team!

[/rant]
_Os_

Gumboot wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:03 pm Wow, persecution complex much? :lol:

Honestly bro, fuck the boorish haters and their worthless opinions.

You have a nice shiny gold cup in your trophy cabinet, again, and they have squat. Oh, and salty tears. They have lots of those.

Enjoy!
Chief, we're not like you guys. Kiwis took hate for years, I remember all the haka talk and the rest. You were mocked for just responding by saying your team was good and asking for respect, this is what calling Kiwis "precious" was all about, mocking you guys for being nice. Didn't the ABs have to do a haka in the change rooms against Wales during that period, because of some kak? The people moaning about "rugby values" actually wanted to ban the haka, have a think about that. Through that entire period the Bok team and fans were fine with you lot, I remember a Seneca post that went something like "how come a nation of crazed racists are the only people who get the haka and just stand back and respect it?". If that was the Boks, we would've done a haka pre-match as normal and not bent to Wales even if it meant Wales getting an early start, invented 5 new hakas immediately on day one and not over many years, had each player going out there with a patu, and told everyone complaining to go fuck themselves and that simply by the ABs doing it that meant it was rugby.

I really do think part of this is that they're shocked we're not responding like Kiwis.
Gumboot

*yawn*

Sorry bro, but this Monday morning's painful enough without more unpleasantness.

Try to enjoy your win, boet. I'm out. :thumbup:
_Os_

Gumboot wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:27 pm *yawn*

Sorry bro, but this Monday morning's painful enough without more unpleasantness.

Try to enjoy your win, boet. I'm out. :thumbup:
I'm all good chief, it was a great match, just like the 2015 semi was. :thumbup: