As the dust settles - RWC debrief

Where goats go to escape
Paddington Bear

Biffer wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:45 pm
Margin__Walker wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:38 pm
Biffer wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:33 pm

Ok, maybe unfair on Curry, but the way the RFU stuck to their guns post match in the light of a fairly reasonable explanation that a conversation with any South African might have confirmed makes them look a bit dumb.

I don't think either Curry or the RFU think it was a simple language based misunderstanding. They may be wrong, but if they did, they wouldn't have released that statement imo
Even if they weren't they were going to come out of it looking like idiots - and leave themselves open to being labelled with arrogant white privilege shit.
Curry is clearly adamant that he was called a white cunt in an incident that isn’t the one that was on social media. Should the RFU have just told him to check his privilege and pretend it hadn’t happened?
Old men forget: yet all shall be forgot, But he'll remember with advantages, What feats he did that day
SaintK

OomStruisbaai wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:20 pm
TedMaul wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:06 pm If SA were playing Georgia and a Georgian player bellowed the Afrikaans equivalent of 'BLACK C**T' at Bongi, do you think Bongi would have been correct to have said something to the ref?
If no - you are a moron, leave the room.
Why should I leave the room? Sledging is part of rugby, always will be. If you can handle it, go play rugby with the ladies.
You wouldn't last 30 seconds with the English Womens squad :lol: :lol: :lol:
LoveOfTheGame

SaintK wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:56 pm
TedMaul wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:06 pm If SA were playing Georgia and a Georgian player bellowed the Afrikaans equivalent of 'BLACK C**T' at Bongi, do you think Bongi would have been correct to have said something to the ref?
Why should I leave the room? Sledging is part of rugby, always will be. If you can handle it, go play rugby with the ladies.
Don't be so quick to judge oom there, I'm sure with a small blue pill he'll be able to handle at least one of the girls for about 1min or two. Or at least until his heart gives in.
inactionman

Calculon wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:05 pm
inactionman wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:45 pm
Biffer wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:33 pm

Ok, maybe unfair on Curry, but the way the RFU stuck to their guns post match in the light of a fairly reasonable explanation that a conversation with any South African might have confirmed makes them look a bit dumb.
I thought it was a storm in a teacup, but the RFU were keen for any sort of formal process to be followed, as would happen in any mature organisation.

Curry's account wasn't even formally documented which is, well, a bit immature.
Alternatively any organization with even a little bit of cultural intelligence would have realized the allegation to be utterly absurd and quite rightly dismissed it out of hand.

Or at least gently sat Curry down and explained to him that you know, not everyone is a native English speaker and that some words in other languages might even sound like English words but have different meanings - MIND BLOWN
Simply, no.

Any organisation that would dismiss any such allegation out of hand would pretty quickly find themselves in very, very deep shit.

Any sensible, accountable organisation, that is - we can't even get Rassie to stop posting videos or bringing fecking searchlights into sporting arenas.
TedMaul

OomStruisbaai wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:25 pm
TedMaul wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:21 pm So you think that's just a bit of fun. Glad we've settled that then. I'd leave any room with your type in it.
Did I say its just a bit of fun? You make up your own shite and then react. Your welcome if you make up your own Georgian language English words. Its fuckin stupid.
What is sledging then?
Calculon

inactionman wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:12 pm
inactionman wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:45 pm

I thought it was a storm in a teacup, but the RFU were keen for any sort of formal process to be followed, as would happen in any mature organisation.

Curry's account wasn't even formally documented which is, well, a bit immature.
Alternatively any organization with even a little bit of cultural intelligence would have realized the allegation to be utterly absurd and quite rightly dismissed it out of hand.

Or at least gently sat Curry down and explained to him that you know, not everyone is a native English speaker and that some words in other languages might even sound like English words but have different meanings - MIND BLOWN
Simply, no.

Any organisation that would dismiss any such allegation out of hand would pretty quickly find themselves in very, very deep shit.

Any sensible, accountable organisation, that is - we can't even get Rassie to stop posting videos or bringing fecking searchlights into sporting arenas.
I was being slightly facetious. For a change world rugby handled the situation about as well as can be expected
TedMaul

You have to revere a man who backs up his right to racially abuse others with a further dig that anyone who doesn't like it are no more than *wait for it* women.
inactionman

Calculon wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:21 pm

Simply, no.

I was being slightly facetious. For a change world rugby handled the situation about as well as can be expected
They handled it by the approach of 'I had a chat with Dave and he said he didn't do it, so that's alright then'.

By their standards, I suppose I'd agree that's about as well as I could expect them to handle it.
Last edited by inactionman on Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
inactionman

TedMaul wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:22 pm
You have to revere a man who backs up his right to racially abuse others with a further dig that anyone who doesn't like it are no more than *wait for it* women.
But he's just joking.

There's definitely something in the saffa sense of humour I'm not quite getting.
TedMaul

You and I should go sell white cars to bloody women.
Slick

Have you had a knock on the head recently Oom?
All the money you made will never buy back your soul
SaintK

LoveOfTheGame wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:09 pm
Don't be so quick to judge oom there, I'm sure with a small blue pill he'll be able to handle at least one of the girls for about 1min or two. Or at least until his heart gives in.
:lol: :lol:
OomStruisbaai

SaintK wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:41 pm
LoveOfTheGame wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:09 pm
:lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: They have real kants. :spin
Brazil

Paddington Bear wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:32 pm
Margin__Walker wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:38 pm

I don't think either Curry or the RFU think it was a simple language based misunderstanding. They may be wrong, but if they did, they wouldn't have released that statement imo
Even if they weren't they were going to come out of it looking like idiots - and leave themselves open to being labelled with arrogant white privilege shit.
Curry is clearly adamant that he was called a white cunt in an incident that isn’t the one that was on social media. Should the RFU have just told him to check his privilege and pretend it hadn’t happened?
The "Wit kant" excuse is up there with "I slipped on the stairs and that's how I got the hoover accessory halfway up my colon" in terms of believability. It's not surprising that the Saffas had a massive online pile-on pushing that bullshit narrative, they've got form after all. The fact that World Rugby brushed it under the carpet rather than holding a full investigation is a massive stain on the game, sets a terrible precedent for future incidents, and was the fundamental reason why the RFU had to release their statement.

Worth remembering that Curry plays alongside quite a few Saffas, which was mentioned in their confused bullshit narrative early on, but then strangely dropped. Funny that.
Paddington Bear

Brazil wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:20 pm

The "Wit kant" excuse is up there with "I slipped on the stairs and that's how I got the hoover accessory halfway up my colon" in terms of believability. It's not surprising that the Saffas had a massive online pile-on pushing that bullshit narrative, they've got form after all. The fact that World Rugby brushed it under the carpet rather than holding a full investigation is a massive stain on the game, sets a terrible precedent for future incidents, and was the fundamental reason why the RFU had to release their statement.

Worth remembering that Curry plays alongside quite a few Saffas, which was mentioned in their confused bullshit narrative early on, but then strangely dropped. Funny that.
Yeah it also seems blindingly obvious that Curry would have rowed back the day after if there was a realistic chance it was a mix-up
Old men forget: yet all shall be forgot, But he'll remember with advantages, What feats he did that day
Calculon

inactionman wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:29 pm

Simply, no.

They handled it by the approach of 'I had a chat with Dave and he said he didn't do it, so that's alright then'.

By their standards, I suppose I'd agree that's about as well as I could expect them to handle it.
They did give Curry and the RFU a chance to present their "evidence". Then behind closed doors no doubt thought "WTAF, are these guys really this stupid" and patting Curry and the RFU on the head saying "there, there, we believe you made these allegations in good faith. As I said, anyone with even a little bit of cultural intelligence would find Curry's allegations utterly bizarre.

Doesn't mean the people sending him abuse online aren't twats, and even more so the England fans sending Bongi racist abuse, and not forgetting those on social media with the whole "black people always get away with racism against white people" angle.
TedMaul

If someone yelled white c**t at me I wouldn’t go rifling through my cultural intelligence folder. Sorry you’re being deliberately obtuse and from reading your input you are not as lacking in sentience as others. Odd.
inactionman

Calculon wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:17 pm

They did give Curry and the RFU a chance to present their "evidence". Then behind closed doors no doubt thought "WTAF, are these guys really this stupid" and patting Curry and the RFU on the head saying "there, there, we believe you made these allegations in good faith. As I said, anyone with even a little bit of cultural intelligence would find Curry's allegations utterly bizarre.

Doesn't mean the people sending him abuse online aren't twats, and even more so the racist English guys sending Bongi abuse, and not forgetting those on social media with the whole "black people always get away with racism against white people" angle.
Behind closed doors, with at least one of the involved parties not formally consulted. Excellent, exactly how these things should be handled. Clear as mud then.

(WTF does cultural intelligence have do with a point of contention around language btw?)
TedMaul

Fuck all.
It’s like talking to a weird Theology wannabe on his uppers.
Paddington Bear

inactionman wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:35 pm
Calculon wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 7:17 pm

Doesn't mean the people sending him abuse online aren't twats, and even more so the racist English guys sending Bongi abuse, and not forgetting those on social media with the whole "black people always get away with racism against white people" angle.
Behind closed doors, with at least one of the involved parties not formally consulted. Excellent, exactly how these things should be handled. Clear as mud then.

(WTF does cultural intelligence have do with a point of contention around language btw?)
He’s been angling that a black man can’t be racist for weeks now
TedMaul

I’d like to see his cultural intelligence folder ship us a precise list of these ‘racist English guys’ sending Bongi abuse.
More deflection than fkn Putin. A grown man utilising the dismal ‘you called my Mum a slag first’ routine.
Calculon

I was hoping this is some kind of wind up but it seems more like group delusion and ignorance. If you genuinely believe it's likely that a Sotho guy playing for the Stormers and the Springboks is going to bellow "you white cunt" in a player's face, fill year boots and keep the circle jerk going. Just don't expect other people to take you seriously
Rhubarb & Custard

Co ty pierdolisz?
TedMaul

Calculon wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:19 am I was hoping this is some kind of wind up but it seems more like group delusion and ignorance. If you genuinely believe it's likely that a Sotho guy playing for the Stormers and the Springboks is going to bellow "you white cunt" in a player's face, fill year boots and keep the circle jerk going. Just don't expect other people to take you seriously
Well he did. Apart from you adding ‘you’ for a little hysterical blather.
I’m perfectly happy to accept the translation and move on but it seems Curry is the villain for not completely ignoring it and worse lacking er…. Cultural Intelligence (yes it is a superb new excuse for bellowed insults).
Happy to be part of an onanistic ritual that maintains this stance than your little group that prefers to say it’s banter and feminine to not cackle about it.
OomStruisbaai

We should blame the French. Fuckers got kitchen Dutch going.
Calculon

TedMaul wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:50 am I’m perfectly happy to accept the translation and move on
great, first sensible comment from you
TedMaul wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:50 am Happy to be part of an onanistic ritual that maintains this stance
good for you
assfly

Brazil wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:20 pm The "Wit kant" excuse is up there with "I slipped on the stairs and that's how I got the hoover accessory halfway up my colon" in terms of believability. It's not surprising that the Saffas had a massive online pile-on pushing that bullshit narrative, they've got form after all. The fact that World Rugby brushed it under the carpet rather than holding a full investigation is a massive stain on the game, sets a terrible precedent for future incidents, and was the fundamental reason why the RFU had to release their statement.

There is audio evidence of wit kant being shouted across the match.

There is no evidence of Bongi saying "white cunt" to Curry.

There was an investigation held by World Rugby, no evidence was found. If there was any evidence that RFU had that could have changed the outcome of the investigation, they should have given it to World Rugby.

The only precedent being set here is don't make putrid accusations you can't back up.
Brazil

assfly wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:04 am
Brazil wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:20 pm The "Wit kant" excuse is up there with "I slipped on the stairs and that's how I got the hoover accessory halfway up my colon" in terms of believability. It's not surprising that the Saffas had a massive online pile-on pushing that bullshit narrative, they've got form after all. The fact that World Rugby brushed it under the carpet rather than holding a full investigation is a massive stain on the game, sets a terrible precedent for future incidents, and was the fundamental reason why the RFU had to release their statement.

There is audio evidence of wit kant being shouted across the match.

There is no evidence of Bongi saying "white cunt" to Curry.

There was an investigation held by World Rugby, no evidence was found. If there was any evidence that RFU had that could have changed the outcome of the investigation, they should have given it to World Rugby.

The only precedent being set here is don't make putrid accusations you can't back up.
There wasn't an investigation. That's the whole fucking point.
TedMaul

This thread only reinforces Mark Twain’s take on arguing with fools.
assfly

Brazil wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:13 am There wasn't an investigation. That's the whole fucking point.
From the World Rugby statement on the matter:
Any allegation of discrimination is taken extremely seriously by World Rugby, warranting a thorough investigation. Having considered all the available evidence, including match footage, audio and evidence from both teams, the governing body has determined that there is insufficient evidence at this time to proceed with charges. Therefore, the matter is deemed closed unless additional evidence comes to light.
https://www.world.rugby/news/886044/wor ... -statement
_Os_

Brazil wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:20 pm

This "he plays with Saffas" thing doesn't work. Just being South African doesn't mean you go around speaking Afrikaans all day regardless of if anyone understands, assuming those Saffas even speak it. The Du Preez brothers are from Durban and went to Kearsney, a small posh English speaking private boys school, Afrikaans doesn't feature all that much in the life of someone from that background (I've never heard any of them speak Afrikaans). There's every chance Curry picked up about as much Afrikaans at work as most people working with Indians in the UK have picked up Punjabi, in other words none at all.

This really should be dropped now, there's no evidence Bongi actually did anything, but some English still seem to want to keep it going. Knowing full well it means destroying a man's career.

Saffas probably should start responding that it wasn't just an innocent misunderstanding which went too far. It was instead more English gamesmanship, Curry knew what he was doing and was trying to gain an on field advantage by getting the Bok hooker carded. The RFU then piled on by disgracefully bringing up another claim from a year before again without evidence, all after losing a semi final. And we're supposed to believe this all damaged Curry's personhood and deeply hurt him, which is why it was raised a year later. Where is the evidence it's all actually just more gamesmanship kak from England? There isn't any, but that's how it works now.

Saffas will joke about "wit kant" until the end of time I expect, perfect combination of Saffa humour around word play that usually gets lost in translation and the cruder variety of Saffa humour. Seems to piss of the English too because of an unfounded racism accusation, so that ticks some more boxes (box is also a word for cunt btw).
Margin__Walker

:lol:

No one's destroying Bongi's career. He's clearly loving it and has probably never been more popular amongst bok fans.

LoveOfTheGame

Why this is still being discussed is obviously beyond me. The English are frothing from the mouth, the Saffa's are making a mockery out of it, which in turn makes the English froth some more, which just makes the Saffa's laugh at them more. Just let it die already ffs.
Biffer

LoveOfTheGame wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:23 am Why this is still being discussed is obviously beyond me. The English are frothing from the mouth, the Saffa's are making a mockery out of it, which in turn makes the English froth some more, which just makes the Saffa's laugh at them more. Just let it die already ffs.
There’s a certain small section of British society (and American tbf) - and I am most definitely NOT referring to anyone on here -that is desperate for instances they can point to of black people being racist to white people. They’re the kind of people thinking that a black man calling a white man a white cunt is completely equivalent to a white man calling a black man a black cunt. That’s why it’s still playing out on social media.
And are there two g’s in Bugger Off?
Rhubarb & Custard

_Os_ wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:13 am There's every chance Curry picked up about as much Afrikaans at work as most people working with Indians in the UK have picked up Punjabi, in other words none at all.

Justice4Pakistan
_Os_

Margin__Walker wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:22 am :lol:

No one's destroying Bongi's career. He's clearly loving it and has probably never been more popular amongst bok fans.

The mayor of Cape Town, the outstanding Geordin Hill-Lewis (white English speaker) presented Bongi with that "winning side" shirt, it would've been impolite to turn it down. Mr.Mayor was also wearing a "winning side" shirt, he probably got them printed up himself.

It is amusing how little weight the word cunt carries in SA, most would've be unaware of the word before this.
Rhubarb & Custard

_Os_ wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:17 am

It is amusing how little weight the word cunt carries in SA, most would've be unaware of the word before this.
We've heard how little SA cares about cunts. Goes some day to explaining the appalling record on rape
inactionman

Rhubarb & Custard wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:30 am

We've heard how little SA cares about cunts. Goes some day to explaining the appalling record on rape
I feel this topic is beginning to escalate.
Margin__Walker

Yeah, that's a pretty unnecessary diversion.
_Os_

Rhubarb & Custard wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 9:30 am

No one caring if a wit kant is raped and the victim having to make her own peace with the crime without justice, wasn't that a book JM Coetzee wrote about the English midlands?