Signs of being old..

Where goats go to escape
Hal Jordan

Looking after the kids pre Christmas as I have leave to use up and the wife is still at work. My son asked me to watch a film with him and chose Chicken Run, which I haven't seen in a while and is a good standard.

I dozed off about fifteen minutes in...
Slick

Hal Jordan wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:27 pm Looking after the kids pre Christmas as I have leave to use up and the wife is still at work. My son asked me to watch a film with him and chose Chicken Run, which I haven't seen in a while and is a good standard.

I dozed off about fifteen minutes in...
Yes, I've been finally persuaded by my Star Wars obsessed son to watch all the movies with him over the last few Sundays. Reckon I've seen a total of about 45 minutes out of the 20 odd hours due to a wee snooze kicking in.

Bloody love a snooze
All the money you made will never buy back your soul
Enzedder

This morning around 9am I saw the postie stop at our letterbox and thought I would go and see who dared to send me a bill this close to Christmas.

I walked out the front door and noticed that the wind had blown a bit of debris around so I grabbed the broom to sweep it up. I then went to the bag of the house to get the bin to put the swept up debris in - and noticed that the back gardens (mainly fruit trees) were quite dry so decided to give everything a good water before it warmed up. As I did that I noticed that some mandarins were ready for picking (I have 3 trees that ripen at differing times so I can eat them 6 months of the year) so I grabbed those and brought them inside.

I noticed the pile of debris so went back and got the bin, brought it around to the front of the house and picked up the leaves and twigs.

Of course I then saw that the shrubs and flowers at the front of the house were a bit dry so they got a water as well. I put away the hose and then noticed the garden bin so I took that back.

Came inside and remembered that I hadn't gotten the letter from the letterbox so I went back outside.

Neighbour leaned over the fence and started chatting about family (mainly grandkids) and holidays this summer. Invited me over for a cuppa so I did that, then at 10.30am I left to do Meals on Wheels deliveries.

It's now 4.15pm and I have remembered that the fucking letter is still in the letterbox.

It can stay there.

Whoever said that retirement is fine is full of it. There is no freaking way that they remember anything about their activities.
I drink and I forget things.
Dan54

Enzedder wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:17 am This morning around 9am I saw the postie stop at our letterbox and thought I would go and see who dared to send me a bill this close to Christmas.

I walked out the front door and noticed that the wind had blown a bit of debris around so I grabbed the broom to sweep it up. I then went to the bag of the house to get the bin to put the swept up debris in - and noticed that the back gardens (mainly fruit trees) were quite dry so decided to give everything a good water before it warmed up. As I did that I noticed that some mandarins were ready for picking (I have 3 trees that ripen at differing times so I can eat them 6 months of the year) so I grabbed those and brought them inside.

I noticed the pile of debris so went back and got the bin, brought it around to the front of the house and picked up the leaves and twigs.

Of course I then saw that the shrubs and flowers at the front of the house were a bit dry so they got a water as well. I put away the hose and then noticed the garden bin so I took that back.

Came inside and remembered that I hadn't gotten the letter from the letterbox so I went back outside.

Neighbour leaned over the fence and started chatting about family (mainly grandkids) and holidays this summer. Invited me over for a cuppa so I did that, then at 10.30am I left to do Meals on Wheels deliveries.

It's now 4.15pm and I have remembered that the fucking letter is still in the letterbox.

It can stay there.

Whoever said that retirement is fine is full of it. There is no freaking way that they remember anything about their activities.
Mate relax the thing me and mrs probably find with retirement, is it full of things to do , because you always forget what you were going to do too start with!!! :lol:
I almost congratulate myself if I go to do something the the garage, and actually remember to do it when I get there!!
Biffer

weegie01 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:06 am
OomStruisbaai wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:15 amThe best thing about growing old is to realize and make peace with the fact that you are not the same as a few years earlier. What you lost in physicality you gain in brains with experience.
I don't know if it is a good thing, but there is a process of railing against the fact that you can no longer do what you could, then findong peace and accepting it and asking for help when appropriate (eg lifting heavy things), using aids (eg walking poles on rough ground) etc that allow you to continue with as much as you can.
Part of growing old is stopping worrying about growing old.
And are there two g’s in Bugger Off?