DWP Work Capability Assessment..

Where goats go to escape
Line6 HXFX

Had one yesterday.

So the pain scores were genuinely around 7.5 out of 10.
My PTSD scores are 47 out of 80 (as of last Friday).

Because of my physical and mental shape..I am about as reliable and stable as my cat.

I am more likely to phone in sick, genuinely..because of the excruciating pain... for 4 days out of 5, than turn up to work.
I am going blind, as I am sleeping around 3 to 4 hours a night and the viscous fluid in my eyes seems to be drying up.

I have to have an MRI scan in January as my back is completely fucked.
I am under the supervision of a consultant who looked horrified at the state of me when I turned up last week for a examination (which he couldn't carry fully, out as I was in so much pain).

So what do you think?

Capable of work?

Oh an they really do ask you "so why haven't you killed yourself".
Yeeb

Refry me ole doley scrounging git, what physical pain are you in ? Thought it was just the flaky pastry skin you had , didn’t realise you had bad back as well. (Can’t be a work injury now can it surely ?)
David in Gwent

Yeeb, you tosser, how are you?
Insane_Homer

ItsLikeaTwatterThread.png
ItsLikeaTwatterThread.png (15.65 KiB) Viewed 1366 times
“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true.”
Line6 HXFX

We have criminalised the sick yeeb... We have established a whole system of probation services for the sick, and disabled, that hands out wild threats either daily weekly, or fortnightly...for the criminalised sick (who are too sick to do the most basic shit) and to fullfill silly commitments.

In doing so they routinely and as proceedure have to ignore, dismiss and rip up sick (sorry fit) notes written by drs and medical professionals.

Turned up earlier to my manadatory meeting...in such absolute agony, and informed my probation officer, "for the sick". that I honestly don't give two shits what they do to me today. I can barely concentrate on what they have to say as I am frankly insane with pain.

My probation officer for the sick (who has like 2 cses at best and, is just some jumped up recruitment advisor) demanded to see records of my interactions with my consultants last week..as proof thatI am sick (they have to pretend they are doing something, and like to get involved)...and demanded to read the report like she was sitting in the consultation as some key fucking...I am going to go with " finger jabbing inquisionist tosspot"..as I really don't have the words.
After reading it my probabtion officer for the sick..fell silent, and thoughtful.. like there was something in it, important that she didn't fucking like.

My therapist reckons I am being so stressed by these fucking idiotic amatuers, throughout the DWP, and its various agencies the governments employs, with massive government contracts...( instead of giving people survivable benefits) ,.and they are pushing me around so much,,that..whatever PTSD therapy she gives me will never work.
" you have too much going on at the moment".
It is like trying to treat someone whilst they are being shot at.
Line6 HXFX

During the work capability assesment they ask you " do you have thoughts of suicide"..I said well yes, obviously, everything as I loved doing I cannot do any more, from flight simming, guitar playing, programming and sex.
I said I felt myself changing and becoming just irritated, nastier, generally less funnier and " wrong'er".
I haven't planned anything, but I am a sentient human being. I have lots of thoughts. Suicide rattles about a lot.

She asked why haven't I?

I said "basically out of spite".

I couldn't say "look, I just want to bleed the English dry and bankrupt them"..but yeah..that's basically it.

Hey invade someone else next time etc..

(Kidding)..

...but yeah, it's spite basically. I haven't topped myself because of the spite.

Surviving out of spite.
David in Gwent

Line6 HXFX wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:21 pm During the work capability assesment they ask you " do you have thoughts of suicide"..I said well yes, obviously, everything as I loved doing I cannot do any more, from flight simming, guitar playing, programming and sex.
I said I felt myself changing and becoming just irritated, nastier, generally less funnier and " wrong'er".
I haven't planned anything, but I am a sentient human being. I have lots of thoughts. Suicide rattles about a lot.

She asked why haven't I?

I said "basically out of spite".

I couldn't say "look, I just want to bleed the English dry and bankrupt them"..but yeah..that's basically it.

Hey invade someone else next time etc..

(Kidding)..

...but yeah, it's spite basically. I haven't topped myself because of the spite.

Surviving out of spite.
Line6 HXFX

Seems that society cannot punish the kid who whacked me with his car, and destroyed my life, gave me a lifetime of pain.. but there are plenty of votes in criminalising and targeting me.
Gumboot

Line6 HXFX wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:37 am Seems that society cannot punish the kid who whacked me with his car, and destroyed my life, gave me a lifetime of pain.. but there are plenty of votes in criminalising and targeting me.
What is an appropriate punishment for this kid?
Slick

Gumboot wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:55 am
Line6 HXFX wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:37 am Seems that society cannot punish the kid who whacked me with his car, and destroyed my life, gave me a lifetime of pain.. but there are plenty of votes in criminalising and targeting me.
A DWP Work Capability Assessment
All the money you made will never buy back your soul
Oxbow

Gumboot wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:55 am
Six months of reading Refry's posts?
Insane_Homer

Oxbow wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 10:22 am
Gumboot wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:55 am What is an appropriate punishment for this kid?
Six months of reading Refry's posts?
Easy now, 5 mins of listening to him play guitar should do the trick
“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true.”
Line6 HXFX

I mean honestly, I spent the last 10 years as a carer for my family. 24 hours a day 7 days a week, looking after 3 family members, dementia, progressive MS and old age/frailty. I have had like 2 days off in that time( after I was hit by a fucking car).

I am completely burnt out, physically, emotionally, psychologically.

Now I have to live with chronic pain where to get through the day, being even mildly useful to anyone is a sodding miracle.

And the fucking finger jabbing detractors smearing dehumanising shit everywhere (after 13 years of this attutude killing hundreds of thousands of people, and terrorisihg millions more).. seem angrier and more determined than ever, just because the government are paying me what 70 quid a week, and just becuse I have to expose my self to their stupid idiotic, finger jabbing,self defeating benefit system?

It's not me, it's you.

It was always you.

Yeeb seems like all the extreme right of the toryland and thinks the comedy show little Britain, Harry Enfield, Paul whitetehouse, and the TV show shameless are documentaries. It just reminds me of Herman Gerring tbh.
300 thousand and counting, dead by their hand. Laughing all the fucking way. Hah hah hah..we sanctioned them, they couldn't keep their fridge with the insulin cold...and they died. Hah hah hah.l....if we stop laughing we will die inside..I went to the London School of Economics, they didn't....so.

.Dac is probably masturbating in his basement..with a gimp mask.. chewing the arms off old action men figures. Beggjng to join the IDF to kill palistinains.
Insanehomer is just plain stalky, obsessive and scary. I'm done.
Gumboots, I just ignore because I had like seven responses in a row that I didn't read..(never good).

Behold...my detractors.

Sheesh.

Well least I am doing something right.
Line6 HXFX

Anyway, as predicted I am not capable of work.

They tell you within two days if you are capable for "some" work (they never tell you what).

When you are not capable, they don't tell you at all.

Leave you guessing.

There is a whole underlayer that kicks into gear....of people asking " so what work can you do", if you are deemed not capable of work..

"You feeling slightly optimistic today son", have we got you in a good day, hey don't like feeling like a useless bastard, ..and have deluded yourself for one day only... you can work?

We will pressure and sanction the ever loving shit out of you, if you cannot maintain this insane level of optimism.

80% of people who recieve sanctions are sick and disabled,
C69

At least Atos have been binned. My friend, a physio, worked for them for a while for a few hours a week but resigned beacuse of the dictat they gave.
I don't think Atos were happy with her objectivity.
Line6 HXFX

So a life of looking over my shoulder, being hounded by society, and second guessing myself awaits.
Yippee I have won the prize of being put fully under the fascists magnifying glass, and under the full prying eye of the law lottery.
You see they are not going after people who apply for jobs 30 hours a week instead of 35. Oh no.
They are going after people who failed a work capability assessment. Full on, with all their passion. We are the targets.
Iceland delivery driver dumps the shopping outside your door and leaves, someone films you bringing it in (instead of leaving it there to rot or get stolen) ...suspected benefits fraud. Benefits suspended. 6 to 8 months in prison.
Go to the pub...suspected benefits fraud. Benefits suspended. 6 to 8 months in prison.
Have a good day where I can walk semi normally ..suspected benefits fraud.Benefits Suspended. 6 to 8 months un prison.
Put rubbish out, get photographed and reported....suspected benefits fraud. benefits suspended, 6 to 8 months in prison.
Someone gives me 50 quid for Christmas.. turns up in my account..suspected benefits fraud. Benefits suspended.6 to 8 months in prison.

Have a good day...suspected benefits fraud. Benefits suspended.
Have a bad day...spend it worrying about all the things that look like benefits fraud.

I reckon I will have a complete nervous breakdown within a month...suspected benefits fraud...benefits suspended.

We have let all the headbangers and murderers run the DWP.
The people with professional contempt.
The moral of the story, if a car hits you, make sure it fucking kills you, so you try and cling to that bastard.. and go under those front wheels....none of this bouncing off and cracking your back shit.. because this is a life much worse than death.

If you have ever stood in a office pacing around in agony, just wanting to leave.. whilst the petty beurocrats talk amongst themselves about some stupid, jobsworth admin procedure, like the commitment they are inventing and making you sign is the most important thing in your world, for 40 minutes, you will truly understand the shocking banality of their evil.
When people think their daft, pointless beurocratic shit, and jobs are far far more important than your obvious and extreme visible pain and sufferring, that's when all the really crazy, fascistic nazi shit in society is dressed in full hugo boss gear.
Last edited by Line6 HXFX on Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
petej

Line6 HXFX wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:59 pm So a life of looking over my shoulder, being hounded by society, and second guessing myself awaits.
Yippee I have won the prize of being put fully under the fascists magnifying glass, and under the full prying eye of the law lottery.
You see they are not going after people who apply for jobs 30 hours a week instead of 35. Oh no.
They are going after people who failed a work capability assessment. Full on, with all their passion. We are the targets.
Iceland delivery driver dumps the shopping outside your door and leaves, someone films you bringing it in (instead of leaving it there to rot or get stolen) ...suspected benefits fraud. Benefits suspended.
Go to the pub...suspected benefits fraud. Benefits suspended.
Have a good day where I can walk semi normally ..suspected benefits fraud.Benefits Suspended.
Put rubbish out, get photographed and reported....suspected benefits fraud. benefits suspended,
Someone gives me 50 quid for Christmas.. turns up in my account..suspected benefits fraud. Benefits suspended.

Have a good day...suspected benefits fraud. Benefits suspended.
Have a bad day...spend it worrying about all the things that look like benefits fraud.

I reckon I will have a complete nervous breakdown within a month...suspected benefits fraud...benefits suspended.

We have let all the headbangers and murderers run the DWP.
The people with professional contempt.
The moral of the story, if a car hits you, make sure it fucking kills you, because this is a life much worse than death.

If you have ever stood in a office pacing around in agony, just wanting to leave.. whilst the petty beurocrats talk amongst themselves about some stupid, jobsworth admin procedure, like the commitment they are inventing and making you sign is the most important thing in your world, for 40 minutes, you will truly understand the shocking banality of their evil.
When people think their daft, pointless beurocratic shit, and jobs are far far more important than your obvious and extreme visible pain and sufferring, that's when all the really crazy, fascistic nazi shit in society is in full gear.

And to think I once walked out of a IT placement, because I didn't want to look back on a life of sending people council tax demands (as I knew how recieving them makes people feel, as I had a few in my time), or I had to say no to old people who needed an a O.T assesment..and told them they had to wait 6 months. Shit like this broke my heart. You are not supposed to say no to old people (who remind you of your dad) ffs.
Yet here we are, spending time dehumanising, terrorising and spying on the sick, making them commit to just utterrly pointless made up shit, .and fucking grinning and sanctioning them when they fail.

Are we honestly proud of this?
I would be astonished if this system doesn't cost far more to run then the amount of fraud it stops and that is not even considering the medium and long term health costs.
TedMaul

I note your overwhelming caritative view of the rest of society. Seems it’s something of a mirror.
Line6 HXFX

Sorry lads, in proper agony today. Really do wish I cared about your comments and questions. I am sure you all put a lot of thought into them.
But I really don't.
I litterally think "red flag, red flag, skip, yep skip him..and him.
I then end up not reading anything anyone posts.
What's the point?
My experience of the work capability thing, and cruelty of the current benefits system is mine. Unique to me and my injuries.
How the hell can anyone understand, particularly if you don't want to, or you even agree with the cruelty of it?

So when I say, yay I failed the work capability asseement.. I have won the being spied on and being terrorised and looking over my shoulder lottery, where I believe I can have benefits suspended and can end up in jail at any second...I genuinely mean it.

That's what it feels like to fail a work capability assessment.
You just think you can be even more criminalised and even more severely punished, if you fuck up. If you do something perceived as wrong.
It doesn't get any easier.
You just want to lock yourself in your house and not leave.
Tichtheid

A few years ago I acted as an advocate for someone who was going through this work capability process and I'll verify everything that is being said by Line6 here on the procedure.

Atos, as it was, wrote to my friend's GP and told him to stop signing him off sick. They put my friend through a tick box interview which consisted of questions such as, "Can you take a message on the telephone". They didn't ask the follow up which was, "Can you remember the message five minutes after you've taken it?"
They asked humiliating questions as to whether he was continent or needed help - this was a fifty eight year old who had worked ever day since he was 15, but was now laid low with epilepsy, pulmonary problems and other conditions.
He was prone to seizures despite his medication, whilst they stopped the seizures from being life-threatening, it didn't stop them completely and it wrecked his short term memory.

At the capability interview they marked as positive the fact he was reading a book. He was still rereading the same pages 6 months later when I went to the tribunal on his behalf because he couldn't remember that he'd already done so.

I once got a phone call from my friend, this is the only time I've hear real terror in a voice, he asked if I knew him because he had no idea who he was. It turned out that he had had a big seizure in his sleep and now had no memory. About a week later, after he'd been in hospital I phoned the ward and he'd been discharged. After contacting the police and his brothers we eventually found him on his own doorstep, minus shoes, mumbling about something incoherently. He had no idea where he'd slept the night before.
His benefits were suspended because during that period he'd missed an interview.

By the time I'd sorted that the local council had put the bailiffs on to him for missed council tax payments.

Anyway, the short version of this is that it took six years to finally get him fully signed off and not called in for interview again.

He died a few months after that final decision.
Sandstorm

Tichtheid wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:23 am A few years ago I acted as an advocate for someone who was going through this work capability process and I'll verify everything that is being said by Line6 here on the procedure.

Atos, as it was, wrote to my friend's GP and told him to stop signing him off sick. They put my friend through a tick box interview which consisted of questions such as, "Can you take a message on the telephone". They didn't ask the follow up which was, "Can you remember the message five minutes after you've taken it?"
They asked humiliating questions as to whether he was continent or needed help - this was a fifty eight year old who had worked ever day since he was 15, but was now laid low with epilepsy, pulmonary problems and other conditions.
He was prone to seizures despite his medication, whilst they stopped the seizures from being life-threatening, it didn't stop them completely and it wrecked his short term memory.

At the capability interview they marked as positive the fact he was reading a book. He was still rereading the same pages 6 months later when I went to the tribunal on his behalf because he couldn't remember that he'd already done so.

I once got a phone call from my friend, this is the only time I've hear real terror in a voice, he asked if I knew him because he had no idea who he was. It turned out that he had had a big seizure in his sleep and now had no memory. About a week later, after he'd been in hospital I phoned the ward and he'd been discharged. After contacting the police and his brothers we eventually found him on his own doorstep, minus shoes, mumbling about something incoherently. He had no idea where he'd slept the night before.
His benefits were suspended because during that period he'd missed an interview.

By the time I'd sorted that the local council had put the bailiffs on to him for missed council tax payments.

Anyway, the short version of this is that it took six years to finally get him fully signed off and not called in for interview again.

Heart-breaking and infuriating at the same time. Sorry your mate had to suffer like that, TH. :cry:
Tichtheid

Sandstorm wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:30 am
Tichtheid wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:23 am A few years ago I acted as an advocate for someone who was going through this work capability process and I'll verify everything that is being said by Line6 here on the procedure.

Heart-breaking and infuriating at the same time. Sorry your mate had to suffer like that, TH. :cry:

Cheers.

Yeah I don't think anyone is particularly in favour of defrauding the benefits system, but that accounts for at most around £6Bn and sometimes it can be funny, the guy with the bad back moonlighting as a knife thrower in the circus type of thing.
That amount is dwarfed by the numbers in unclaimed benefits, around £19Bn according to Government figures and also a similar figure for non-payment of tax for various reasons. That's before we go into some dodgy but legal tax avoidance by businesses.
Yet the headlines are all about "benefits cheats" - it's the old tale of the four guys sitting around a table with ten biscuits in the middle. One guy takes nine, another reaches for the last one and the first turns to the other two and says, "He's trying to steal your biscuit"
Line6 HXFX

To be deemed sick, unfit and to fail a work capability assesment, or conversely to be deemed fit and able for work..you must be able to do basic things, repeatedly, reliably, safely and responsibly.

If like me you have to put multiple things off because you are in agony and feeling clumsy as fuck (burned the shit out of my hand yesterday as cooking and agony don't really go well) , so say you cannot consistently get dressed, you cannot sit down or stand up in place for very long, without the pain crippling you for days, you cannot ride a bus, you cannot twist your body (ironing or checking things out on self service scanners) for long without the pain flaring up...or you are irritated, your concentration is terrible, your heart and pulse races like crazy (like it is now) when you think of the accident or the pain reminds you of it...doing things repeatedly, safely reliably and responsibiy is nearly impossible.

But.....

There are Multiple Sclorisis sufferers who have lost their benefits because there is a picture of them carrying shopping, one time.
There are people who have had pip suspended because they put rubbish out, one time.
Are employers going to employ these people..fuck no,

Maximus (the private organisation that just carried out the work capability assessment in me, just spent 14 months failing to get me a job or even giving me a job interview for them. Irony of ironies huh.

Society fucking hates us. Wants to punish us.
Private companies want to ride us.
Both will find any way to do so.
So here we are.
A society divided and a guy who cared deeply what society thinks, honestly now not giving two shits.
Tichtheid

Line6 HXFX wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:08 pm To be deemed sick, unfit and to fail a work capability assesment, or conversely to be deemed fit and able for work..you must be able to do basic things, repeatedly, reliably, safely and responsibly.

If like me you have to put multiple things off because you are in agony and feeling clumsy as fuck (burned the shit out of my hand yesterday as cooking and agony don't really go well) , so say you cannot consistently get dressed, you cannot sit down or stand up in place for very long, without the pain crippling you for days, you cannot ride a bus, you cannot twist your body (ironing or checking things out on self service scanners) for long without the pain flaring up...or you are irritated, your concentration is terrible, your heart and pulse races like crazy (like it is now) when you think of the accident or the pain reminds you of it...doing things repeatedly, safely reliably and responsibiy is nearly impossible.

But.....

There are Multiple Sclorisis sufferers who have lost their benefits because there is a picture of them carrying shopping, one time.
There are people who have had pip suspended because they put rubbish out, one time.

This is something that I kept saying during the period I described above, I said that no employer would take the risk, it's just not worth it for them. I kept getting fobbed off with, "This is about what the "client" can do, not what they can't do"
Which was of course bollocks, it was all about getting the numbers of benefits claimants down. Under previous administrations they were happy to put people on Incapacity Benefit (as was) because it got unemployment numbers down, but now they were coming for those they'd shifted over.

Good luck with this, seriously. I know how hard it can be to navigate through their deliberately confusing processes and systems. There were days where I spent hours, and I'm not exaggerating, phoning one department only to be told I was ringing the wrong place and was given another phone number and on and on it went.

There was no way this guy would have been able to do this himself, under different circumstances he would have had his flat repossessed (that's another story of a whole day calling off the bailiffs for that) and he would have ended up as yet another rough sleeper with severe physical and mental health problems
Ovals

Line6 HXFX wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:08 pm To be deemed sick, unfit and to fail a work capability assesment, or conversely to be deemed fit and able for work..you must be able to do basic things, repeatedly, reliably, safely and responsibly.

But.....

Maximus (the private organisation that just carried out the work capability assessment in me, just spent 14 months failing to get me a job or even giving me a job interview for them. Irony of ironies huh.

So here we are.
A society divided and a guy who cared deeply what society thinks, honestly now not giving two shits.
How long ago was the 'accident' ? Given the pain you are in, what compensation did their insurers cough up with ?
Sandstorm

Line6 HXFX wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:08 pm
We're going through an employment burst at the moment and ensuring that potential employees "won't go sick" is a big factor in deciding who to interview. And this is 100% PC work, with no manual labour. :oops:
Line6 HXFX

I am just transmitting on this thread lads. If you want to put people who are in chronic pain and disabled, and who are being terrorised by the state...just because there are votes and contracts for cunts in it.... on trial, let us at least I dhunno, punch a tory in the face first.

Not guilty yer honour.
Whacked by a car. Back fucked. Heres the police report, here's the MRI scans. Here are the psyche reports. Work capability assessment, Orthopaedic reports, A& E room and CT scans, GP reports, physio therapy reports, and consultant pain management reports.

Yep can see you is proper fucked.

Case dismissed....so who's turn is it for cheeseburgers?
Enzedder

About 10 years ago I had a client paralysed from the neck down after being injured (ex-army) in an accident.

I was working with him to help him find a job because he was so freaking desperate to do something. We got him 10 hours a week as a computer tutor for youngsters at a school.

2 years ago I was working with a client who had pain scores off the charts (CRPS) - she is now working to help prepare client appeals for decisions that went against them by a state insurer. Only 5/8 hours pw from home but she feels great that she is doing something and helping people.

They concentrated on what they CAN do, not what they can't.

I get your pain and disability - I work with that every day as well with 3 fused vertebrae and the disc at L2/3 has gone and is the worst of all of my back injuries. I am 70 but still work a few hours a week to keep from going stale.

Don't fight DWP - ask them to help you to find the job that you can do.
I drink and I forget things.
Tichtheid

Enzedder wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 8:34 pm About 10 years ago I had a client paralysed from the neck down after being injured (ex-army) in an accident.

I was working with him to help him find a job because he was so freaking desperate to do something. We got him 10 hours a week as a computer tutor for youngsters at a school.

2 years ago I was working with a client who had pain scores off the charts (CRPS) - she is now working to help prepare client appeals for decisions that went against them by a state insurer. Only 5/8 hours pw from home but she feels great that she is doing something and helping people.

They concentrated on what they CAN do, not what they can't.

I get your pain and disability - I work with that every day as well with 3 fused vertebrae and the disc at L2/3 has gone and is the worst of all of my back injuries. I am 70 but still work a few hours a week to keep from going stale.

Don't fight DWP - ask them to help you to find the job that you can do.

I'm not sure if the system has changed much from the time I spoke about above, but basically there was an interview where you are scored against a set number of criteria. If you are assessed as being unfit for work then you are put into one group. If you are assessed as being fit for work you are put into the group "Fit for work". There is supposed to be a middle ground where you can do some work, but not all. I don't know how many people get assessed as such.

There are no real resources given over to managing people back to suitable work as far as I can see (this may have changed in recent years but I very much doubt it - call me cynical, I'll admit to it in this case). If you are passed as fit for work you are thrown into the general tank with the rest of 'em and have to show proof of researching and applying for a set number of jobs per week- any jobs, no matter what. I think that in order to receive benefits you sign your name against a declaration that you have spent a full working week looking for and applying for jobs.

It's easy enough to get suspended from benefits even if any job you are offered is wholly unsuitable for a huge number of reasons, same for not attending an interview, you are suspended first and have to appeal, this takes eight weeks.

There aren't the resources to assess every applicant and match them to a suitable job.

I fully support the idea that people are better off in work for all sorts reasons, but I also oppose the hounding of those who just cannot work
Line6 HXFX

Just saying so Maximus (formerly Remploy) took money off the government for 14 months to find me work and henrietta hassle me etc...and then obviously failing etc.. then Maximus, the same company...after doing that and failing (as it stands right now, I am just assuming this ), then found me not capable of work.
The same company.
After they took cash, to find me work..the very same company then found me not capable (and took some more cash)..
Of course they are not going to hand the thousands of pounds in cash back.

Oh no.

But of course it is far more corrupt if they find people capable of work, then they immediately mandate "their" participation on their '"access to work" programs, and make money off them.. as they then have a cash incentive, to find people capable of work, and boot them onto their work very own schemes.
The whole thing seems just so dodgy.
But yeah I'm the one on trial. Forgot. Sorry.
Sandstorm

Line6 HXFX wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:00 am Just saying so Maximus (formerly Remploy) took money off the government for 14 months to find me work and henrietta hassle me etc...and then obviously failing etc.. then Maximus, the same company...after doing that and failing (as it stands right now, I am just assuming this ), then found me not capable of work.
The same company.
After they took cash, to find me work..the very same company then found me not capable (and took some more cash)..
Of course they are not going to hand the thousands of pounds in cash back.

You thought private companies would hassle you every week for free?
David in Gwent

Have you thought about Only Fans, Refry?
Waudbee

Line6 HXFX wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:06 pm Had one yesterday.

So the pain scores were genuinely around 7.5 out of 10.
My PTSD scores are 47 out of 80 (as of last Friday).

Because of my physical and mental shape..I am about as reliable and stable as my cat.

I am more likely to phone in sick, genuinely..because of the excruciating pain... for 4 days out of 5, than turn up to work.
I am going blind, as I am sleeping around 3 to 4 hours a night and the viscous fluid in my eyes seems to be drying up.

I have to have an MRI scan in January as my back is completely fucked.
I am under the supervision of a consultant who looked horrified at the state of me when I turned up last week for a examination (which he couldn't carry fully, out as I was in so much pain).

So what do you think?

Capable of work?

Oh an they really do ask you "so why haven't you killed yourself".
Anyone remember Refry?
Ovals

Surely if another driver was responsible for an accident that has left you permanently incapable of working, you'd be in line for a huge insurance payout in compensation.
Line6 HXFX

Under new rules, if you fail a work capability assessment, which btw is extremely hard to do, that doesn't meannyou are entitled to the sickness element of U.C. and means that unless you claim full PIP, in the future, there is no room for you in the benefits system.

This new rule is definately going to kill a lot of people.

It is definately not the time to be hit by a car.

Mark Harrison, a member of the steering group of Reclaiming Our Futures Alliance (ROFA), said ROFA was “extremely concerned at the latest revelations about the safeguarding flaws in universal credit that have caused deaths and mental distress for too many disabled claimants”.

He said this was “more worrying” because of the government’s plans to scrap the work capability assessment after the next election, which he said would move all claimants “into the sanctioning regime of UC” and cut many disabled people’s benefits.

Under those plans, disabled people who cannot work will only be able to qualify for a new health element of UC if they also receive personal independence payment, disability living allowance, or, in Scotland, adult disability payment.

This would also mean that it would be left to DWP’s over-worked work coaches – who will usually have no health-related qualifications – to decide if a disabled person should carry out work-related activity.

Harrison added: “It is not surprising DWP staff are under stress at the targets set by management for unnecessary and cruel sanctions.”

He said ROFA was not confident Labour would agree to the “complete rethink and change of course” that was needed, as the party had apparently dropped its commitment to scrapping universal credit.

He said: “When will they commit to reversing the changes to welfare benefits that have targeted disabled people as though we are the ‘enemy within’ and the cause of the economic crisis?

“This toxic rhetoric has to be challenged by progressive politicians and allies.

“We need policies based on the UN convention* and a social model, rights-based approach.”
Yup..definately not the time to be hit by a car.
ASMO

David in Gwent wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:51 pm Have you thought about Only Fans, Refry?
As a human snowglobe maybe?
Line6 HXFX

Hey my psoriasis is doing fine. Has been for years.

I mean it could even be skin cancer at this point.

So more like a bloody septic sticky rain, than snow....with added yellow crusty bits.
Sandstorm

Line6 HXFX wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 2:55 pm Hey my psoriasis is doing fine. Has been for years.

I mean it could even be skin cancer at this point.

So more like a bloody septic sticky rain, than snow....with added yellow crusty bits.
Sounds like scurvy. Have you had any citrus lately?
Line6 HXFX

Anyway I am not looking for career suggestions, the motor and transport industry is worth a fortune to this country, it is critical.. it allows it to function, is worth hundreds upon hundreds of billions..our entire society depends on it..so when one of our economies key fucking necessities, and drivers rams into some poor bastard, just innocently trying to stay fit..should we as a society

A) accept this as just a bi product and reality of a motor transport dependent society, that is worth billions to us, and keeps us going, sustains the whole econony ...and just look after the poor guy. Take care of him, feel sorry for him, nurture him through his physical, and emotional, psychological and chronic pain etc..

B) put the fucker on trial forever..abuse and dehumanise him, question and laugh at his chronic pain..and make him look over his shoulder for his entire life, whilst suggesting he do only fans?

How fascistic as fuck and nasty are we, that we are going with B?

Not really much of a surprise I hate society.
Line6 HXFX

Ovals wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:09 pm

But.....

So here we are.
How long ago was the 'accident' ? Given the pain you are in, what compensation did their insurers cough up with ?
Case ongoing. Been nearly 2 and a half years. Problem is I have only been treated by the NHS for the pain (covid backlogs etc ) in the last couple of weeks. Right at the beginnings of that process.. Reticent to talk about the claim and case here.
Also the PTSD is crippling. It freezes me.
This is why I am far far more comfortable talking about the benefits system and how that (and society) is treating and judging me.
And how it is affecting me. And how it will likely affect you, we're you to be hit by a car.