DWP Work Capability Assessment..

Where goats go to escape
Ovals

Line6 HXFX wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:25 pm
Ovals wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:09 pm
Line6 HXFX wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:08 pm To be deemed sick, unfit and to fail a work capability assesment, or conversely to be deemed fit and able for work..you must be able to do basic things, repeatedly, reliably, safely and responsibly.

If like me you have to put multiple things off because you are in agony and feeling clumsy as fuck (burned the shit out of my hand yesterday as cooking and agony don't really go well) , so say you cannot consistently get dressed, you cannot sit down or stand up in place for very long, without the pain crippling you for days, you cannot ride a bus, you cannot twist your body (ironing or checking things out on self service scanners) for long without the pain flaring up...or you are irritated, your concentration is terrible, your heart and pulse races like crazy (like it is now) when you think of the accident or the pain reminds you of it...doing things repeatedly, safely reliably and responsibiy is nearly impossible.

But.....

There are Multiple Sclorisis sufferers who have lost their benefits because there is a picture of them carrying shopping, one time.
There are people who have had pip suspended because they put rubbish out, one time.
Are employers going to employ these people..fuck no,

Maximus (the private organisation that just carried out the work capability assessment in me, just spent 14 months failing to get me a job or even giving me a job interview for them. Irony of ironies huh.

Society fucking hates us. Wants to punish us.
Private companies want to ride us.
Both will find any way to do so.
So here we are.
A society divided and a guy who cared deeply what society thinks, honestly now not giving two shits.
How long ago was the 'accident' ? Given the pain you are in, what compensation did their insurers cough up with ?
Case ongoing. Been nearly 2 and a half years. Problem is I have only been treated by the NHS for the pain (covid backlogs etc ) in the last couple of weeks. Right at the beginnings of that process.. Reticent to talk about the claim and case here.
Also the PTSD is crippling. It freezes me.
This is why I am far far more comfortable talking about the benefits system and how that (and society) is treating and judging me.
And how it is affecting me. And how it will likely affect you.
Given that the number of people on disability benefit, in Great Britain, is 6.3 Million (up from 3.9m in 200) - the system can't be chucking that many people out of it !! There are only 24m in full time employment - so it's a huge slice of the 'potential' working population.
Line6 HXFX

Ovals wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:39 pm
Ovals wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:09 pm

How long ago was the 'accident' ? Given the pain you are in, what compensation did their insurers cough up with ?
Case ongoing. Been nearly 2 and a half years. Problem is I have only been treated by the NHS for the pain (covid backlogs etc ) in the last couple of weeks. Right at the beginnings of that process.. Reticent to talk about the claim and case here.
This is why I am far far more comfortable talking about the benefits system and how that (and society) is treating and judging me.
Given that the number of people on disability benefit, in Great Britain, is 6.3 Million (up from 3.9m in 200) - the system can't be chucking that many people out of it !! There are only 24m in full time employment - so it's a huge slice of the 'potential' working population.
Do you think I can work? Bare in mind Remploy just spent 14 months killing themselves and concluding I can't. Then giving me a full work capability work assessment and saying "yeah, fuck no he can't".
Society doesn't give a shit whether I can work or not, they just want to sanction me for 3, 6, 9 months,
That is the game now....not employment. Not capability.
Cruelty. Hatred, Stress. Hoping I fail my pointless work commitments.
Sandstorm

Refry you haven’t worked for 13 years and have a long history of moaning about your health. You shouldn’t be surprised when you pile “I also got hit by a car and now I have PTSD” on the desk of your long-suffering case officer…….and he takes a dim view.
Line6 HXFX

Sandstorm wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:17 pm Refry you haven’t worked for 13 years and have a long history of moaning about your health. You shouldn’t be surprised when you pile “I also got hit by a car and now I have PTSD” on the desk of your long-suffering case officer…….and he takes a dim view.
I mean I have worked as a family carer for nearly 11 years. For zero cash plus paid the bedroom tax out of carers allowance.

So 24 hours a day for 11 years for zero money...

Regularly consists of three o'clock in the morning..running 2, 3 or 4 miles to help someone, up a massive fucking hill.

I always wondered what your problem was.

I just had you down (just my impression..as we are doing that) as some sort of jumped up, wretched cunt/south african who really missed dehumanising people, and the help from the former aparthied era?
So admitting I am a carer, disabled or unemployed or on any sort of benefits ( even fucking Carers allowance) is like a red rag to a bull to you.

Gotcha wrong?
You not this?
Ovals

Line6 HXFX wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:00 pm

Do you think I can work? Bare in mind Remploy just spent 14 months killing themselves and concluding I can't. Then giving me a full work capability work assessment and saying "yeah, fuck no he can't".
Society doesn't give a shit whether I can work or not, they just want to sanction me for 3, 6, 9 months,
I think you missed my point - it is nothing to do with whether you can or cannot work. I'm just saying that the system really can't be that Draconian if 6.3M people are receiving the benefit - and the number is increasing.
Ovals

Ovals wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:32 pm

I think you missed my point - it is nothing to do with whether you can or cannot work. I'm just saying that the system really can't be that Draconian if 6.3M people are receiving the benefit - and the number is increasing.
Actually, I was quoting the wrong figures - Incapacity benefits (rather than disabilty benefit - which is still paid to people working) stands @ 1.7M which is still huge number of people so the point I was making is still very relevant. The spread of claimants for is very odd - almost 4 x the number claiming in some Welsh regions, compared to London.
petej

Ovals wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:56 pm
Ovals wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:32 pm

Actually, I was quoting the wrong figures - Incapacity benefits (rather than disabilty benefit - which is still paid to people working) stands @ 1.7M which is still huge number of people so the point I was making is still very relevant. The spread of claimants for is very odd - almost 4 x the number claiming in some Welsh regions, compared to London.
Not odd at all if you think about it.
Line6 HXFX

Life's complicated, you can be unemployed but have to care for someone (or a few people) pretty much full time... you can be disabled, deemed unfit for work but have to care for people (essentially you are just doing stuff for them, you are doing for yourself) , you can even be a Carer, Unemployed and disabled all at the same time.
I know crazy huh..and still all those finger jabbjng hateful wankers screaming " lazy "at people because they are on any sort of benefits..

so right now (according to my work coach)
I can claim attendance alloawance for my dad...which isn't a long term option.
I can go the "preparation for work" route....I genuinely went out looking for work in good faith for 14 months... Turns out not being able to sit of stand in place for long and it putting you in bed for 3 days in agony, is a bit of a nightmare for the ole employability.
I can even go pip route (if I failed the work capability assessment).
Oh and if I get a payout over 16 grand, all benefits stop anyway. There is a sliding scale at 6 grand.
When I was first a carer, I was on unemployment benefits. I had to go on Carers allowance (which was a massive deal at the time) as I was offered a fullntime job I had to take, and the people I cared for.. my family basically said "what about us, what are we going to do". I was balancing being hounded by the dole and caring for them at the time. The stress of all this was not a healthy situation for me.

For six months after the accident (which happened like 9 years into Caring and running around like a demented twat and in the pandemic) I basically dragged myself around in screaming agony (I would have to stop and scream going up a hill, at that time I was on 8 cocodomol a day and maybe the odd can of lager for the pain) .. it was all about getting from day to day. Through the day..helping my family, at a critical time.

I had to do this because even though I was fucked, genuinely fucked, in agony after the accident. people litterally depended on me.
It was the only option.
After six months of this my Dr told me the pain is chronic (this was like 2 days after mum died) and I completely cracked.
Honestly thought I was going to get better. Planned for this.. Fell out with my brother (who I was caring for) over various things (bejhg in agony didn't help) ..moved in with my dad (as he asked me to after mum died ) and now I look after him...whilst being disabled, unfit for work, unemployed/unemployable etc etc.

Last 5 years have been fucking awful. The next 5 are not going to be much better.

...Okay? Cheese burgers anyone?
Last edited by Line6 HXFX on Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Margin__Walker

Remember kids. No matter how badly your career is going, there's always someone worse off than you.

Like Refry's Work Coach
Line6 HXFX

The DWP even though it tries its best, cannot compartmentalise life.

People are many many things, all at once.

I currently have a sick note for PTSD, till beginning of January... if I pass the work capability assessment, they will accept no more sick (sorry fit) notes, for 6 months for anything. All hell will break lose and they will force me to sit down and look for jobs for 35 hours a week, basically at the job centre if need be, in utter agony, as a form of medieval torture. So I will pointlessly look for jobs I can't do, and employers know I can't do, in utter agony.

The DWP won't care if forcing me to sit destroys my back further, they won't care if my GP pleads with them, they will gleefully do this.
I will then get sanctioned within around 2 days of being forced to do this.....which was probably always the plan.

Their magical thinking is my murder.
Gumboot

Refry,

Please let me know if there's a fundme page of some kind I can donate to. If you can show you are truly in need of help I'll be happy to chip in. Showing you need help does not mean showing weakness. And if you ask, you may be surprised at how many are ready to help you. Call me a sucker for a sob story, but I've been down this road before and along with others who also helped then, ended up doing a fair bit of good...
TedMaul

Gumboot never go full Globus.
Gumboot

TedMaul wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:12 am Gumboot never go full Globus.
OK, my bad.
Line6 HXFX

Just had 4 people telling me, unsolicited..to claim PIP or disability...after witnessing just how absolutely fucking in agony I am today.

I tend to think anyone who comments on this is basically from some fucking shitty South African Grammer School. Or English private school that teaches people to abuse and dehumanise disabled people.

It really is you, not me.
Ovals

Line6 HXFX wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:57 pm Just had 4 people telling me, unsolicited..to claim PIP or disability...after witnessing just how absolutely fucking in agony I am today.

I tend to think anyone who comments on this is basically from some fucking shitty South African Grammer School. Or English private school that teaches people to abuse and dehumanise disabled people.

Maybe, although I'm just state educated at a lowly 2ndary school. But with you, it's always been someone else's fault. Maybe it has been, and you are just one of the unluckiest guys. But you've always been incredibly negative on here.

Either way, I still wish you the best - hopefully your compensation claim will bear fruit and ease your burden.
TedMaul

Ovals wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:50 pm
Line6 HXFX wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:57 pm Just had 4 people telling me, unsolicited..to claim PIP or disability...after witnessing just how absolutely fucking in agony I am today.

Maybe, although I'm just state educated at a lowly 2ndary school. But with you, it's always been someone else's fault. Maybe it has been, and you are just one of the unluckiest guys. But you've always been incredibly negative on here.

Either way, I still wish you the best - hopefully your compensation claim will bear fruit and ease your burden.
Stew agrees

Ymx

You can certainly type out long posts with ease.

Using a keyboard is pretty much the key pre-requisite of most jobs, as long as your mental faculties are in order.

I find it strange that you could be classed as unfit for work, unless you are acting when assessed
TedMaul

Could do without the Pound Shop Russell Brand schtick.
Yeeb

David in Gwent wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:27 pm Yeeb, you tosser, how are you?
Who is this ? David I presume , but who ?
Yeeb

Line6 HXFX wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:40 am I mean honestly, I spent the last 10 years as a carer for my family. 24 hours a day 7 days a week, looking after 3 family members, dementia, progressive MS and old age/frailty. I have had like 2 days off in that time( after I was hit by a fucking car).

I am completely burnt out, physically, emotionally, psychologically.

Now I have to live with chronic pain where to get through the day, being even mildly useful to anyone is a sodding miracle.

And the fucking finger jabbing detractors smearing dehumanising shit everywhere (after 13 years of this attutude killing hundreds of thousands of people, and terrorisihg millions more).. seem angrier and more determined than ever, just because the government are paying me what 70 quid a week, and just becuse I have to expose my self to their stupid idiotic, finger jabbing,self defeating benefit system?

It's not me, it's you.

It was always you.

Yeeb seems like all the extreme right of the toryland and thinks the comedy show little Britain, Harry Enfield, Paul whitetehouse, and the TV show shameless are documentaries. It just reminds me of Herman Gerring tbh.
300 thousand and counting, dead by their hand. Laughing all the fucking way. Hah hah hah..we sanctioned them, they couldn't keep their fridge with the insulin cold...and they died. Hah hah hah.l....if we stop laughing we will die inside..I went to the London School of Economics, they didn't....so.

.Dac is probably masturbating in his basement..with a gimp mask.. chewing the arms off old action men figures. Beggjng to join the IDF to kill palistinains.
Insanehomer is just plain stalky, obsessive and scary. I'm done.
Gumboots, I just ignore because I had like seven responses in a row that I didn't read..(never good).

Behold...my detractors.

Sheesh.

Well least I am doing something right.
Hey, that’s a tad unfair - extreme right of insults and bantz, yeah that’s fair enough (you fackin Human Parmesan!) but I am actually of the more moderate section re illness benefit, getting jobs , helping others get jobs etc.
I take no pleasure in demonising you, and actually think I was one of the more genial people from the right in my interactions with you.

From the posts it seems you were hit by a car, and you mum died , both really crappy things to have happened and you have my sympathy.
Ymx

Yeeb wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:25 pm
It’s DAC
Yeeb

Ymx wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:41 pm
It’s DAC
Ah fuck yes of course , for some reason hadn’t put Dave and David and gwent together , plus I’ve never actually met the cunt in person so wasn’t high on my list of data

Think I got Gwent and Brent from tv’s the office character David Brent mixed up - my bad
David in Gwent

Are you still married to that horse?
David in Gwent

ASMO wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:15 pm
David in Gwent wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:51 pm Have you thought about Only Fans, Refry?
As a human snowglobe maybe?
:lol:
C69

Yeeb wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:39 am

It’s DAC
Ah fuck yes of course , for some reason hadn’t put Dave and David and gwent together , plus I’ve never actually met the cunt in person so wasn’t high on my list of data

Think I got Gwent and Brent from tv’s the office character David Brent mixed up - my bad
You really are not the brightest :clap:
Yeeb

David in Gwent wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:56 pm Are you still married to that horse?
No. Are you?
Yeeb

C69 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:15 pm

It’s DAC

He does sound like David Brent though so it’s easy mistake to make
C69

Yeeb wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:24 pm

Fair point he is tedious and oring with a distinct leelof self importance devoid of self awareness.
Apologies

:oops: to both of you
Yeeb

C69 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:27 pm
Fair point he is tedious and oring with a distinct leelof self importance devoid of self awareness.
Apologies

If it helps, I have zero idea who you are either . At least Dac has a memorable persona , if not memorable name
David in Gwent

Yeeb wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:23 pm
David in Gwent wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:56 pm Are you still married to that horse?
No. Are you?
Ah, genuinely sorry to hear that. And it's a no from me too.
David in Gwent

C69 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:27 pm
Apologies

I may be a lot of things, I never pretended to be a Doctor though.
Line6 HXFX

Cameron was so cosseted (like most of those bastards) he litterally believed that all that post industrial enclaves needed (all those jobless enclaves which his party created btw) was a shit load more poverty and desperation.. sanctions bedroom tax and foodbanks and genuine terror and penury.. and they would all rise up from the dead.

That killing the local economy and taking away everyone's cash would create growth.
That is the generous take on it. The other take is he and osboune hated the working class so fucking much they wanted us starving, desperate and dying, just out of pure contempt.

Now Hunt (knowing all the devestation austerity causes, and just the sheer growth killing pointlessness of it ) is rolling out Austerity 2.0 , "the clearup", which is apparently going to be much much worse.
"We stopped paying for the third child, we stopped paying for spare bedrooms, we dehumanised the unemployed in the jobcentre 40 hours a week to sanction them.., we sanctioned the sick, we sanctioned the dying and dead..now we are coming for your tent and cardboard box, so you will hopefully freeze to fucking death outside the foodbank".

I sometimes think we would have been better off being invaded and run by Russia, than run from Westminster and these pompous, cosseted, demented Etonian, Westminster college cunts.

Hey least lot's of those former Soviet countries are now doing great in the EU, and are not completely controlled by media barons who don't even f'king live or pay tax there.
Yeeb

David in Gwent wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:44 am
No. Are you?
Oh I’m still happily married , Horse face was the ex and we were never even engaged (thank god)
Early Xmas present for you to save you from crywanking into your pot noodle on Xmas day in your bedsit - horse face rude pic is probably still available if you google ‘uk shaved amateur milf couch stockings’ - blonde big tits , shaved biff, black leather couch , bingo !
Yeeb

Line6 HXFX wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:18 am Cameron was so cosseted (like most of those bastards) he litterally believed that all that post industrial enclaves needed (all those jobless enclaves which his party created btw) was a shit load more poverty and desperation.. sanctions bedroom tax and foodbanks and genuine terror and penury.. and they would all rise up from the dead.

That killing the local economy and taking away everyone's cash would create growth.
That is the generous take on it. The other take is he and osboune hated the working class so fucking much they wanted us starving, desperate and dying, just out of pure contempt.

Now Hunt (knowing all the devestation austerity causes, and just the sheer growth killing pointlessness of it ) is rolling out Austerity 2.0 , "the clearup", which is apparently going to be much much worse.
"We stopped paying for the third child, we stopped paying for spare bedrooms, we dehumanised the unemployed in the jobcentre 40 hours a week to sanction them.., we sanctioned the sick, we sanctioned the dying and dead..now we are coming for your tent and cardboard box, so you will hopefully freeze to fucking death outside the foodbank".

I sometimes think we would have been better off being invaded and run by Russia, than run from Westminster and these pompous, cosseted, demented Etonian, Westminster college cunts.

Hey least lot's of those former Soviet countries are now doing great in the EU, and are not completely controlled by media barons who don't even f'king live or pay tax there.
Erm, Labour closed more mines and more miners and steelworkers jobs were lost under Labour than before Thatcher got in. She just put the bullet into the lame horse. From memory it was 250k steel workers when nationalisation occurred , and had failed to 100k when Thatcher got in

Labour being good for the working man & traditional industries, is just a big a myth as Tories being good with money and the economy
Line6 HXFX

Who was that jolly fat nazi Yeeb..Herman Goering? Think he was head of the Luftwaffe? ..The guy who would go around cheering up the troops, on Moral boosting tours in his white uniform...with his risqué edgy wit.

I'm sorry but your humour in this dark, seriously fucked up, cruel and sadistic period of our history, always reminded me of that.

But with added "fucking'ell has that little Britain sketch, about the disabled duo inspired actual, real life, deadly tory fucking policy this week".
Yeeb

Line6 HXFX wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:36 am Who was that jolly fat nazi Yeeb..Herman Goering? Think he was head of the Luftwaffe? ..The guy who would go around cheering up the troops, on Moral boosting tours in his white uniform...with his risqué edgy wit.

I'm sorry but your humour in this dark, seriously fucked up, cruel and sadistic period of our history, always reminded me of that.

But with added "fucking'ell has that little Britain sketch, about the disabled duo inspired actual, real life tory fucking policy this week".
Not the first time I’ve been called a Nazi tbf

But pls remember I am an economist , and you are just plain wrong on ‘Tories killed off all these jobs’ - and my family were in the mining & steel plant industries too so I have a tiny piece of skin in the game.

Plenty of other stuff avail to rightly bash Tories about, Disableds is deffo one of the topics that is fair game
Line6 HXFX

Lol...Shrug...
Henyways..Yays for weoponised humour, callousness and finger jabbing.

Just the 300 thousand dead from Austerity.
Sure you lot can do better than that.
Also Sure there are a few Waynetta Slob or shameless comedy episodes you lot haven't legislated into reality yet.

Sure you lot can do better, than " it should be illegal for all the "Waynetta Slobs"...sorry "the poor..as depicted by Harry Enfield" to smoke (actual serious policy suggestion last week).
Yeeb

Well if you just go lol shrug then you’ve been a turkey voting for Xmas all this time . Labour will get in anyways soon enough , and I’m sure your health, employment , quality of life will all improve :)
David in Gwent

Yeeb wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:04 am

No. Are you?
Oh I’m still happily married , Horse face was the ex and we were never even engaged (thank god)
Early Xmas present for you to save you from crywanking into your pot noodle on Xmas day in your bedsit - horse face rude pic is probably still available if you google ‘uk shaved amateur milf couch stockings’ - blonde big tits , shaved biff, black leather couch , bingo !
I can hardly wait....

What's with the pot noodle and bedsit stuff?
Yeeb

David in Gwent wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:12 pm
Yeeb wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:04 am

I can hardly wait....

What's with the pot noodle and bedsit stuff?
Just hazarding a guess at a typical divorced man in gwents Christmas that’s all