Scotland France for the lazy buggers

Where goats go to escape
laurent

Well this is shit I have to start a thread.

You got in before me sweetcheeks, i was going to do that today :grin:

French team for the game

Scotish team

15. Kyle Rowe – Glasgow Warriors (2)
14. Kyle Steyn – Glasgow Warriors (16)
13. Huw Jones – Glasgow Warriors (44)
12. Sione Tuipulotu – Vice-Captain – Glasgow Warriors (23)
11. Duhan van der Merwe – Edinburgh Rugby (35)

10. Finn Russell – Co-Captain – Bath Rugby (76)
9. Ben White – Toulon (19)

1. Pierre Schoeman – Edinburgh Rugby (27)
2. George Turner – Glasgow Warriors (41)
3. Zander Fagerson – Glasgow Warriors (63)
4. Grant Gilchrist – Edinburgh Rugby (68)
5. Scott Cummings – Glasgow Warriors (34)
6. Matt Fagerson – Glasgow Warriors (41)
7. Rory Darge – Co-Captain – Glasgow Warriors (15)
8. Jack Dempsey – Glasgow Warriors (16)

Replacements

16. Ewan Ashman – Edinburgh Rugby (13)
17. Alec Hepburn – Exeter Chiefs (1)
18. Elliot Millar-Mills – Northampton Saints (1)
19. Sam Skinner – Edinburgh Rugby (31)
20. Andy Christie – Saracens (4)
21. George Horne – Glasgow Warriors (27)
22. Ben Healy – Edinburgh Rugby (4)
23. Cameron Redpath – Bath Rugby (10)

I don't have a good feeling about this one.
Last edited by laurent on Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Slick

Apologies, you are quite right.

Not sure I'm ready to see that team yet
All the money you made will never buy back your soul
Slick

On a more serious note, I think we have a decent chance this weekend.

The French defence, particularly in the backs last week was pretty terrible and I wonder if they can sort that out by this weekend. Also Fickou looked well off his game, particularly defensively, when he normally makes the team buzz.

The big question is obviously can we compete with that massive pack, if we can get some parity it could be fun in the backs.
Paddington Bear

Should be a really interesting game. Not clear where either side is mentally, and that will be a major factor
Old men forget: yet all shall be forgot, But he'll remember with advantages, What feats he did that day
SaintK

Slick wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:37 am On a more serious note, I think we have a decent chance this weekend.

The French defence, particularly in the backs last week was pretty terrible and I wonder if they can sort that out by this weekend. Also Fickou looked well off his game, particularly defensively, when he normally makes the team buzz.

The big question is obviously can we compete with that massive pack, if we can get some parity it could be fun in the backs.
Sean Edwards says bonjour!
Tichtheid

Slick wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:37 am On a more serious note, I think we have a decent chance this weekend.

For me the really annoying thing is the French defence being all at sea last week - you just know that Shaun Edwards isn't going to let that happen two weeks in a row.

Our lineout was poor last week, we can't afford to repeat that, and obviously the discipline needs addressing - though to be fair you never see fourteen 50/50 calls in a row going in one direction
Slick

SaintK wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:50 am

Well, yes, but he's been there a while now obviously. I did wonder if after the WC disappointment his style is not working on the players any more, but that's probably reading too much into what might be just a one off bad game.

See also Tictheid's point.
inactionman

I'm very much looking forward to this - I've given up trying to anticipate how France in particular will perform but I'm anticipating a decent match.

A bit surprised France went with Lucu at 9, he didn't look too hot last week but I suppose that could be said of a few players. Is Le Garrec seen as a little bit too inexperienced for a starting berth? He's looked good in the European games this season.

Slick, think you're at the game? Enjoy mate, we need to sort a trip to pub to catch one of the away games. But probably not any involving England unless you enjoy seeing grown men cry.
SaintK

Slick wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:59 am
SaintK wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:50 am

Well, yes, but he's been there a while now obviously. I did wonder if after the WC disappointment his style is not working on the players any more, but that's probably reading too much into what might be just a one off bad game.

See also Tictheid's point.
Edward's style has been similar wherever he's coached. I can't recall one of those teams having two shockers in a row.
I think the game will be won or lost up front. Can't see the French backrow playing or being outplayed as badly as last week.
Lobby

It'll be interesting to see how the 6N champions elect go after their 2nd-half meltdown last week, and also if their fans can keep up their whinging for another week regardless of the result.

I think the French will present a much sterner test than the Welsh rabble did last week, and as others have pointed out, I can't see the French defence or its back row being that ineffective two weeks running.

Either way, it should be a good game.
Slick

Lobby wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:29 pm It'll be interesting to see how the 6N champions elect go after their 2nd-half meltdown last week, and also if their fans can keep up their whinging for another week regardless of the result.

I think the French will present a much sterner test than the Welsh rabble did last week, and as others have pointed out, I can't see the French defence or its back row being that ineffective two weeks running.

Either way, it should be a good game.
I always thought you were English
Deepsouth

Will any of you ever win. We are waiting :thumbup:
Slick

Can’t post it, but that team looks a lot more balanced than last week. The back row should be a cracking contest
Tichtheid

Scotland team to face France at the Scottish Gas Murrayfield in the Guinness Men’s Six Nations on Saturday 10 February, kick-off 2.15pm – live on BBC (caps in brackets)

Replacements

Tichtheid

I think Crosbie is a big loss, but I'm looking forward to seeing Christie get on, I've heard a lot about his form this season, without actually seeing him play.
Begbie

Tichtheid wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:45 pm Scotland team to face France at the Scottish Gas Murrayfield in the Guinness Men’s Six Nations on Saturday 10 February, kick-off 2.15pm – live on BBC (caps in brackets)

Replacements

That backrow is tasty, looking forward to seeing what Christie can do off the bench.
So I squares up, casual like.
S/Lt_Phillips

Tichtheid wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:45 pm Scotland team to face France at the Scottish Gas Murrayfield in the Guinness Men’s Six Nations on Saturday 10 February, kick-off 2.15pm – live on BBC (caps in brackets)

Replacements

Good to see Dempsey in the starting XV, Christie on the bench. Surprised to see Ritchie dropped out of the squad altogether.
Left hand down a bit
westport

Good to see Demps starting and Christie coming off the bench he has been ripping it up at Sarries
Big D

Time for Darge to break out at international level. No better time to do it. Co-captains is still a terrible concept. The ref will only deal with one of them, he is the captain.

Ashman and Skinner lucky to keep their places.
Jock42

Pretty happy with that, being picky I might have gone for Young on the bench but Skinner offers a lot of experience.

Edit: noticed Ashman, would definitely have Matthews in there. Lineout fucked when he comes on.
laurent

Updated

Now let's start throwing Haggis and andouillettes at each others
Big D

One things for sure, discipline (such as Skinner conceding 4) and tackling (such as Steyn missing 5 of 9) needs to be far better or it'll be a horsing.
Tichtheid

Big D wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:01 pm Time for Darge to break out at international level. No better time to do it.

Ashman and Skinner lucky to keep their places.

I agree with both of these statements, to my mind Darge hasn't repeated his club form in a Scotland jersey
ASMO

Scotland need to target Lucu, Ireland did it last week and he shit the bed royally.
SaintK

Tichtheid wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:47 pm I think Crosbie is a big loss, but I'm looking forward to seeing Christie get on, I've heard a lot about his form this season, without actually seeing him play.
Is that Richie dropped or has he an unreported injury?
Slick

SaintK wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:48 pm
Tichtheid wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:47 pm I think Crosbie is a big loss, but I'm looking forward to seeing Christie get on, I've heard a lot about his form this season, without actually seeing him play.
Presuming dropped. Townsend was dropping some pretty unsubtle hits before the Welsh game that he wasn't happy with his form. And removed the captaincy
Jim Lahey

Scotland by a score I reckon. Murrayfield will be rocking and I don't think the French have the bollocks to put in a big away performance.
Ian Madigan for Ireland.
Yr Alban

Slick wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:07 pm
SaintK wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:48 pm
Presuming dropped. Townsend was dropping some pretty unsubtle hits before the Welsh game that he wasn't happy with his form. And removed the captaincy
Yeah, it was telegraphed pretty clearly. Darge is co-captain (hate that concept) so was going to start if fit, so it was Ritchie v Fagerson v Christie for the 6 shirt. Christie has the advantage of covering all three positions and so gets the bench spot.
It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
Jim Lahey

In terms of food comparisons, I tried Bouillabaisse last weekend in Marseille for the first time.

Shite. Fish was fine but man, that sauce was rough.

A few of the palestines I was with had burgers at the restaurant instead, I was jealous big time.

Give me a battered Mars bar and a tin of Irn Bru everyday instead of it.
Ian Madigan for Ireland.
Tichtheid

Jim Lahey wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:40 pm In terms of food comparisons, I tried Bouillabaisse last weekend in Marseille for the first time.

A few of the palestines I was with had burgers at the restaurant instead, I was jealous big time.

I've never been a fan of fish soups and stews - I've had food poisoning twice, once from mussels and once from Bouillabaisse.

The fact the the word chowder makes me think of chunder doesn't exactly help either.
Tattie

laurent wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:04 pm Updated

Just came in here to protest at this scandalous comparison between the food of the gods and a length of badly/barely cleaned shit pipe.
Marylandolorian

Jim Lahey wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:40 pm In terms of food comparisons, I tried Bouillabaisse last weekend in Marseille for the first time.

was it the same restaurant that served the Bouillabaisse and the burgers?
Slick

Marylandolorian wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:10 pm

Bravo for the most French of French questions
Jim Lahey

Slick wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:14 pm
Marylandolorian wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:10 pm

Bravo for the most French of French questions
:lol:

God bless them.
Ian Madigan for Ireland.
Yr Alban

Tattie wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:59 pm

Just came in here to protest at this scandalous comparison between the food of the gods and a length of badly/barely cleaned shit pipe.
I accidentally ordered andouillette in France years ago and I honestly couldn’t eat it. I did try, but the taste was just awful.
It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
laurent

Tattie wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:59 pm

Same ingredients different prep (I enjoy both).
LenCohen

Oui on attend que les betes ont finis de chier avant de les tuer
Tichtheid

LenCohen wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:45 pm Oui on attend que les betes ont finis de chier avant de les tuer

:lol:

Some of the things I faced in my time in rural France were, err, challenging - the snails were delicious but the tripe got a bit much after a while. Boar stew was also good, very earthy. We used to find cep and other mushrooms in the forrest and take them to the local hotel in exchange for pastis or beer, though we never did find truffles.

The best stuff was the most simple - the wine, the cheese, ham and butter baguette, the salads from the market in the village square
GrahamWa

Never had andouillette so googled it. From wiki:
Andouillette is a French coarse-grained sausage made from the intestine of pork, pepper, wine, onions, and seasonings. Andouillettes are generally made from the large intestine and are 7–10 cm in diameter. True andouillettes are rarely seen outside France and have a strong, distinctive odour coming from the colon.
Give me finely minced heart, liver and lungs anytime.

France by 10.
Biffer

GrahamWa wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:23 am Never had andouillette so googled it. From wiki:
Andouillette is a French coarse-grained sausage made from the intestine of pork, pepper, wine, onions, and seasonings. Andouillettes are generally made from the large intestine and are 7–10 cm in diameter. True andouillettes are rarely seen outside France and have a strong, distinctive odour coming from the colon.
Give me finely minced heart, liver and lungs anytime.

France by 10.
“Strong distinctive odour coming from the colon”

I often get that myself when I eat the wrong things.
And are there two g’s in Bugger Off?