Royal family in the news again...

Where goats go to escape
sockwithaticket

Some people seemingly don't have enough to occupy their time if they spent more than 5 minutes on this whole thing. A lot of the energy around this would have been better channeled into creative writing classes. It was clearly going to be something quite normal, not that she'd returned to the space lizard mothership for a briefing or whatever.

At a national level, the only possible way Kate disappearing from view even vaguely mattered is that there aren't many senior royals left to do the waving and hand shaking at various events they're typically wheeled out for. Although the king is nominally head of state he and the rest of them no longer being around would impact the functioning of the country negligibly. Politicians might have to be seen with a few more dodgy world leaders (who they're typically in contact with anyway), but otherwise it'd be business as usual.

On a human level, cancer sucks, I hope she gets better and the kids get to keep their mum around.
petej

fishfoodie wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:29 pm
Guy Smiley wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:38 pm
Sandstorm wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:17 pm

Not likely
3 staff members at the 'prestigious' private clinic she was treated at suspended over snooping into her medical records, FFS.
It's okay, I'm sure the lovely people in Fleet Street wouldn't dream of publishing materials that were obtained illegally :roll:

Maybe Kensington House et al should have been the teensiest bit more supportive of the various attempts to rein in the tabloids, & bring the bastards to book for the phone hacking & all the other illegal shit, & not delude themselves that they could control them, or dictate terms.
Fleet Street et al have been massively reined in mostly by the public. Watch the Beckham and Gascoigne documentaries and you can see how much they've been reined in. Increasingly it is fleet street, bots, politicians just talking amongst themselves. Take the Ben White thing bar some old windbags and others the attempts to paint Ben White as some sort traitor even in a dead news week it has not really gone anywhere. England fans mostly know the setup is stale and Southgate is selecting old favourites so broadly don't blame a player rejecting a call up to sit on the bench while slab head maguire lumbers around the pitch.
Gumboot

Fair to say the latest portrait of Chaz has caused a bit of a stir.

I quite like it tbh, but the butterfly... LMAO!!
Guy Smiley

Gumboot wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:39 am I quite like it tbh, but the butterfly... LMAO!!
It's a monarch, is it?
assfly

Guy Smiley wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 3:15 am
Gumboot wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:39 am I quite like it tbh, but the butterfly... LMAO!!
It's a monarch, is it?
Yes, and also a nod towards transformation.

I like the painting. It's always going to attract it's critics, but it's very striking and different and speaks to how the role of the monarchy continues to evolve.