Women's 6 Nations (Official Thread)

Where goats go to escape
laurent

Raggs wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:01 pm Broken bone I believe, at least that's what I've read.
Worse then; to be honest that number 8 is chunky.
ASMO

laurent wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:17 pm
Raggs wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:01 pm Broken bone I believe, at least that's what I've read.
She got 6 weeks, reduced to 3, wonder if they will put Poppy Cleal in.
Niegs

:lol:

laurent

French team for Scotland.
Rhubarb & Custard

ASMO wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:56 pm
laurent wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:17 pm
She got 6 weeks, reduced to 3, wonder if they will put Poppy Cleal in.
6 weeks for an illegal act that's leaves the opponent with all the risk and this time a horrible injury is very lenient, or indeed very rugby
laurent

France struggle to beat Scotland. 15 -5

Seriously not one of the Scottish players is better then the French counterpart however tactics/coaching is appalling on french side and fairly decent on the Scottish end makes for a tight game.

PS also there is U18 festival. https://www.youtube.com/@sixnationsunder-20s77
Lady P

laurent wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:36 pm France struggle to beat Scotland. 15 -5

Seriously not one of the Scottish players is better then the French counterpart however tactics/coaching is appalling on french side and fairly decent on the Scottish end makes for a tight game.

Was surprised it was so tight for so long, couldn’t watch but guessing Scotland just tightened it all up?
C69

Lol that was the most blatant pen and yellow ever
laurent

Lady P wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:12 pm

Was surprised it was so tight for so long, couldn’t watch but guessing Scotland just tightened it all up?
And the French being utterly daft.
Slick

That’s very harsh on Scotland, particularly after the performance today. The Scottish defence was excellent and I’d take a number of their players over the French
All the money you made will never buy back your soul
Slick

Lady P wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 5:12 pm

Not really. Very good defence. Scotland struggled against a rush defence but they certainly didn’t tighten it up
Slick

Just got given a couple of freebies for the England game on Saturday, which is nice. Wasn’t going to go as I didn’t want the kids to see a gubbing, but daughter up for it
ASMO

Slick wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:20 pm Just got given a couple of freebies for the England game on Saturday, which is nice. Wasn’t going to go as I didn’t want the kids to see a gubbing, but daughter up for it
I am going to the Ireland game the following weekend at Twickenham, should be good with nearly 60k there
Slick

ASMO wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:19 pm
Slick wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:20 pm Just got given a couple of freebies for the England game on Saturday, which is nice. Wasn’t going to go as I didn’t want the kids to see a gubbing, but daughter up for it
I am going to the Ireland game the following weekend at Twickenham, should be good with nearly 60k there
Really? that's impressive. I think mini Murrayfield is sold out for this one
laurent

Squidge recap

No french team announced yet ...
Slick

Slick wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:21 pm
ASMO wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 3:19 pm
Really? that's impressive. I think mini Murrayfield is sold out for this one
Tickets just came through and we have hospitality in the players friends and family suite - my mate is the performance analyst - which is nice!
laurent

French team for Italy

Starting XV : 15. Boulard ; 14. M. Ménager, 13. Konde, 12. Vernier, 11. Llorens ; 10. Queyroi, 9. Bourdon-Sansus ; 7. Gros, 8. R. Ménager, 6. Escudero ; 5. Fall, 4. M. Feleu (cap.) ; 3. Khalfaoui, 2. Sochat, 1. Deshaye.

Bench : 16. Riffonneau, 17. Mwayembe, 18. Joyeux, 19. Hermet, 20. T. Feleu, 21. Chambon, 22. Tuy, 23. Bourgeois.

Blackmac

Some very odd chat coming from the England team in the papers this week. Stuff about going up to Edinburgh to teach the Scots a lesson. Is there bad blood.
laurent

Blackmac wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:29 am
Some very odd chat coming from the England team in the papers this week. Stuff about going up to Edinburgh to teach the Scots a lesson. Is there bad blood.
Les rossbiff have beef with everyone.
Blackmac

Very odd call there. England with obvious scrum domination, get the push on and move the scrum forward four or five yards. Despite this the Scotland scrum stays entirely intact and relatively straight. Penalty to England WTF.
Blackmac

Red for England
Blackmac

Conditions absolutely ruined the game as a contest. It picked up incredibly in the second half and made it virtually impossible for Scotland to break out of their own 22. Couldn't kick it and didn't stand a chance of running it out.
Slick

Just back. Terrific atmosphere, the crowd never stopped loudly supporting Scotland and a great FoS at the end.

England just too good 1-15, although a stuttering lineout didn’t help. Thought the ref and touchies let too much go in the first half and with England being much more streetwise they smothered Scotland.

A big area for improvement for Scotland is kicking out of hand, it’s been absolutely atrocious against France and England - I reckon at least half the England tries came from shite kicking. But even penalties to touch were rubbish, putting them high into a strong wind is u12 level stuff.

Have to say that for the first time there was a bit of boorish behaviour in the crowd, all pissed men of course, which was a bit disappointing. But otherwise another really great day out
Lobby

Blackmac wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:04 pm Conditions absolutely ruined the game as a contest. It picked up incredibly in the second half and made it virtually impossible for Scotland to break out of their own 22. Couldn't kick it and didn't stand a chance of running it out.
Conditions were difficult for both side, with driving rain in the first half and a howling gale in the second. Scotland probably had slightly the worst of it as the wind made it impossible for them to make much ground in the second half.

Scotland's overall play is much improved this year, especially their defence, and they have benefited from the confidence boost of winning the WXV second tier, but against the best teams their attack is still relatively pedestrian. I don't think they managed to get into the England 22 in either half and never looked like scoring. Against France in the last round, I think they only managed one entry into the French 22 (from which they scored their try).

I think 3rd place is a realistic target for Scotland this 6 Nations, which will place them in the WXV top tier and also give them automatic entry into the World Cup, especially as Wales are, somewhat surprisingly, getting thrashed by Ireland right now (31 - 0 after 50 mins!)
Blackmac

Slick wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:24 pm Just back. Terrific atmosphere, the crowd never stopped loudly supporting Scotland and a great FoS at the end.

England just too good 1-15, although a stuttering lineout didn’t help. Thought the ref and touchies let too much go in the first half and with England being much more streetwise they smothered Scotland.

A big area for improvement for Scotland is kicking out of hand, it’s been absolutely atrocious against France and England - I reckon at least half the England tries came from shite kicking. But even penalties to touch were rubbish, putting them high into a strong wind is u12 level stuff.

Have to say that for the first time there was a bit of boorish behaviour in the crowd, all pissed men of course, which was a bit disappointing. But otherwise another really great day out
Yeah, the kicking was absolutely atrocious. I thought they missed Wassell a bit in the tight and I really don't understand how Rollo came back into the team. She adds nothing.
They are still a long way off England and will likely never get there, but as lobby says, 3rd is a possibility.
Slick

Lobby wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:05 pm
Blackmac wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:04 pm Conditions absolutely ruined the game as a contest. It picked up incredibly in the second half and made it virtually impossible for Scotland to break out of their own 22. Couldn't kick it and didn't stand a chance of running it out.
Conditions were difficult for both side, with driving rain in the first half and a howling gale in the second. Scotland probably had slightly the worst of it as the wind made it impossible for them to make much ground in the second half.

Scotland's overall play is much improved this year, especially their defence, and they have benefited from the confidence boost of winning the WXV second tier, but against the best teams their attack is still relatively pedestrian. I don't think they managed to get into the England 22 in either half and never looked like scoring. Against France in the last round, I think they only managed one entry into the French 22 (from which they scored their try).

I think 3rd place is a realistic target for Scotland this 6 Nations, which will place them in the WXV top tier and also give them automatic entry into the World Cup, especially as Wales are, somewhat surprisingly, getting thrashed by Ireland right now (31 - 0 after 50 mins!)
All very true. Their defence has been a huge step up. I think they should be challenging for 3rd which, to be fair, is a pretty rapid and remarkable improvement.

One thing I would slightly dispute is that they do play some nice rugby against teams at a similar standard
laurent

France got a good win.

Looks like they finally got through some of their gremlins.

France 38-15 Italie

Khalfaoui deserving the woman of the match.

laurent

The French team for the welsh game

laurent

Training run for England :(
SaintK

laurent wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:35 pm Training run for England :(
Unopposed training run by the looks of the score :crazy:
Slick

Cracking result for Scotland and a very good performance, even if it looked like they might do a “Scotland” at the end. A couple of really good tries and kicking a lot better, defence as good as always.

3rd place to go for.

Some of the reffing a bit odd but easily the sexiest ref since Roger Quittenton so mostly forgiven
Blackmac

Slick wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:48 pm Cracking result for Scotland and a very good performance, even if it looked like they might do a “Scotland” at the end. A couple of really good tries and kicking a lot better, defence as good as always.

3rd place to go for.

Some of the reffing a bit odd but easily the sexiest ref since Roger Quittenton so mostly forgiven
I don't think the score reflects the game. I never felt that Scotland were going to lose and appeared superior in every aspect. The one thing that really annoyed me was how many of the attacks died with Thomson as she butchered move after move by grubber kicking or taking contact.
We are still woeful at kicking from hand.
Slick

Blackmac wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:17 am
Slick wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:48 pm Cracking result for Scotland and a very good performance, even if it looked like they might do a “Scotland” at the end. A couple of really good tries and kicking a lot better, defence as good as always.

3rd place to go for.

I don't think the score reflects the game. I never felt that Scotland were going to lose and appeared superior in every aspect. The one thing that really annoyed me was how many of the attacks died with Thomson as she butchered move after move by grubber kicking or taking contact.
We are still woeful at kicking from hand.
Yes, the 12 position is a bit of an issue at the moment, particularly given the talent outside there
laurent

That was a good win However the lineout/hooker was dreadful.

Wales 0 - 40 France

I don't believe next weeks game is going to be close with the lineout being this bad
ASMO

laurent wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:14 pm That was a good win However the lineout/hooker was dreadful.

Wales 0 - 40 France

I don't believe next weeks game is going to be close with the lineout being this bad
Honestly if England pull out another performance like they did on Saturday France will do well to get within 30 of them.
laurent

ASMO wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:24 am
laurent wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:14 pm That was a good win However the lineout/hooker was dreadful.

Wales 0 - 40 France

Honestly if England pull out another performance like they did on Saturday France will do well to get within 30 of them.
France lost more than 10 lineouts. This is appalling considering the head coach is a former hooker.
The backs were in disarray, 3 changes due to injuries however bringing 3 speedster was a good option against a slow welsh team.

This is not going to cut it I am afraid. I saw the English training run against Ireland which was One of the most one sided game I have seen.
laurent

Teams for the big game

Slick

Horrible feeling Scotland are going to balls this up, just not managing any momentum.

Irish skipper needs to wind it in
Slick

Brain dead by Scotland in the last few minutes. Not kicking for goal when all they need is a draw (15-12) then setting up a maul on the 5m line - where they have had success today - then spinning it wide before a push.
Slick

Ah FFS