Heart conditions that deserve a thread

Where goats go to escape
Ymx

Holy smoke kiwias
Kiwias wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:47 am Early Thursday morning, I had a mild heart attack, no massive pains or sweating or the like, but a general feeling of my chest being squeezed. So I drove to the ER and was shuffled straight into the operating room for a 2.5 hour op using catheter. They inserted three stents and I am able to sit up and eat now. I should be moving to a regular ward sometime tomorrow but they recommend a two-week stay. I did not keel over from crippling pain or anything dramatic and actually drove myself to the hospital but it was a heart attack all the same. They bunged three stents in and reckon I will be moving from the ICU to a regular ward tomorrow afternoon.

It was a fucking shock, I can tell you that but the weirdest thing it the mental battle going on inside my head between the part of me that is saying “you had heart surgery, about the worst surgery you can have” and the positive optimistic part of me that is saying “no scars, no full anaesthetic, so maybe it isn’t that serious”.

Luckily, the former part is winning the battle. I’m feeling pretty good now.
Ymx

He put it on things that don’t deserve a thread, btw.

I disagree
Kiwias

Ymx wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:12 pm He put it on things that don’t deserve a thread, btw.

I disagree
Well, I’m still alive and kicking, albeit a smidgeon more gently than usual.
Ymx

So have they said the stents are all is needed?
Kiwias

They will not state that definitely yet as they need to see how things go but I seem to be recovering quite well and quickly, so hopefully I wont need any more surgery
Ymx

Kiwias wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:16 pm They will not state that definitely yet as they need to see how things go but I seem to be recovering quite well and quickly, so hopefully I wont need any more surgery
That’s good news mate !

And it in terms of warning shots it was probably the best kind.

“I drove myself to hospital whilst having a heart attack”, is not a certificate many people will get.

😂😂
Kiwias

Ymx wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:23 pm
Kiwias wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:16 pm They will not state that definitely yet as they need to see how things go but I seem to be recovering quite well and quickly, so hopefully I wont need any more surgery
That’s good news mate !

“I drove myself to hospital whilst having a heart attack”, is not a certificate many people will get.
The doctor was most visibly not impressed when informed of that fact though in my defense I argued that I did not know for certain it was a heart attack at the time.
Stranger

Best of luck Kiwias.
laurent

Kiwias wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:24 pm
Ymx wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:23 pm
That’s good news mate !

The doctor was most visibly not impressed when informed of that fact though in my defense I argued that I did not know for certain it was a heart attack at the time.
You crazy kiwi

Wishing you a good recovery.
Margin__Walker

All the best mate.

Happened to my old man at 50, which was a big shock at the time. Had stents put in etc. He's right as rain almost 20 years later, with no issues since. Albeit he probably has a healthier lifestyle than he did before.
TB63

Speedy recovery mate.
Tichtheid

Good Luck Kiwias, speedy recovery.
dpedin

Get well soon mate! Glad you didn't do the old male thing of ignoring the pain and trying to tough it out. If in doubt then go get these things seen to - sounds like you've saved yourself a lot of trouble by reacting as you did by going straight to the medics and pleased that you got the care you needed asap. Full recovery now!
ASMO

Get well soon, might need to lay off watching some of those tense games for the next few weeks.
Biffer

Speedy recovery man!
And are there two g’s in Bugger Off?
Sandstorm

Get well soon Kiwiman 👍
Slick

Get well soon my friend, sounds like you are in good hands
All the money you made will never buy back your soul
Enzedder

Tough bar steward, ain't ya?

Having a heart attack but no biggie, I'll just drive to the hospital and get a WOF done. n :clap:

Those stents are a magic elixer mate - you'll be feeling as horny as hell in a couple of days
I drink and I forget things.
Guy Smiley

Good story mate👍. I do like a happy ending 😁
dkm57

Glad you're making a good recovery. Take it easy and change the things you know you should.
Kiwias

Thanks for all your kind comments, with the degree of disrespect and humour I expected of a bunch of rugby bastards. A second good nights sleep and hopefully I move into a private room sometime today
Punter15

Good catch and all the best for the recovery.
Kiwias

One thing that is a wee disappointment is that I will not be able to show my grandkids this big scar on my chest. The tiny scar on my wrist is all the evidence

Gumboot

Kiwias wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:26 pmA second good nights sleep and hopefully I move into a private room sometime today
Does your private room come with private nurses? :twisted:
weegie01

I called my GP as I could not make up my mind if I'd had a heart attack. I had a mild stabbing pain, then felt pressure like you. In my rehab classes we were told that it is actually quite hard to diagnose a heart attack other than by blood tests as the symptoms vary so much. I doubt two out of the 12 of us had similar experiences.

The camera up the wrist through the veins to the heart was the weirdest feeling I have ever had. No stents for me as it turned out that a cholesterol plaque had moved into a valve and blocked it.

I tidied the house a bit before the ambulance got to me as I was embarassed by the mess.

Good to hear things are going well for you.
Kiwias

Gumboot wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:53 pm
Kiwias wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:26 pmA second good nights sleep and hopefully I move into a private room sometime today
Does your private room come with private nurses? :twisted:
No Rule 1.
Kiwias

weegie01 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:57 pm I called my GP as I could not make up my mind if I'd had a heart attack. I had a mild stabbing pain, then felt pressure like you. In my rehab classes we were told that it is actually quite hard to diagnose a heart attack other than by blood tests as the symptoms vary so much. I doubt two out of the 12 of us had similar experiences.

The camera up the wrist through the veins to the heart was the weirdest feeling I have ever had. No stents for me as it turned out that a cholesterol plaque had moved into a valve and blocked it.

I tidied the house a bit before the ambulance got to me as I was embarassed by the mess.

My house is always spotless. I agree that watching the catheter inch its way up the arm and across the chest being fully awake and aware is a weird sensation.
Calculon

Tace care Kiwias
Ymx

Kiwias wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 12:02 am
weegie01 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 11:57 pm I called my GP as I could not make up my mind if I'd had a heart attack. I had a mild stabbing pain, then felt pressure like you. In my rehab classes we were told that it is actually quite hard to diagnose a heart attack other than by blood tests as the symptoms vary so much. I doubt two out of the 12 of us had similar experiences.

My house is always spotless. I agree that watching the catheter inch its way up the arm and across the chest being fully awake and aware is a weird sensation.
I don’t think I could cope with that. I’d need something to take me away from that reality else I’d flake out.
Blake

Speedy recovery boet. Take care of yourself.
Sandstorm

Hey Kiwias, serious question: how long have the doctors said until you can safely post on the “You fall in love….” thread again?
TedMaul

Best wishes. Your pervy pics are much needed so get well soon! :clap:
Kiwias

Sandstorm wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:41 am Hey Kiwias, serious question: how long have the doctors said until you can safely post on the “You fall in love….” thread again?
I am not sure whether they monitor internet use and sites accessed via the hospital Wifi and I am not going to test it. Sorry lads. You’ll just have to imagine me being cared for by a bunch of nubile young nurses in their early-20s. :spin
Slick

Kiwias wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:38 pm
Sandstorm wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:41 am Hey Kiwias, serious question: how long have the doctors said until you can safely post on the “You fall in love….” thread again?
I am not sure whether they monitor internet use and sites accessed via the hospital Wifi and I am not going to test it. Sorry lads. You’ll just have to imagine me being cared for by a bunch of nubile young nurses in their early-20s. :spin
Have to be honest, went down a bit of a rabbit hole of Japanese nurse uniform 😳
All the money you made will never buy back your soul
Kiwias

Slick wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:43 pm
Kiwias wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:38 pm
Have to be honest, went down a bit of a rabbit hole of Japanese nurse uniform 😳
Google is always your friend
Ymx

On theme Shogun is not disappointing in the ladies department !!!! The main female is smoking
Ymx

I just looked her up.

“Anna Sawai is a Japanese actress, singer, and dancer. Born in New Zealand, she moved back to Japan with her family and landed her first acting role”

She’s a kiwi :lol:

Gumboot

She was also in Giri/Haji, which is also well worth a watch.
Dinsdale Piranha

I have developed an irregular heartbeat that needs investigating. It took 19 months from being referred until the first appointment. I've just received the followup appointment - 12 months after the 1st. :lol:
Uncle fester

Driving while heart attacking?
I like it. :thumbup: