WP / Stormers BACK TO THE FUTURE!

Where goats go to escape
OomStruisbaai

Sards wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:22 pm
OomStruisbaai wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:42 am
$hark$ play to lose? Did swak.

The Cheetahs in the similiar position, played the Bulls at Loftus and showed their proud for their jersey.

$hark$ players have no proud, they were thrashed by WeePee.
Take the win. It will be a small compensation for WP rugby in a dismal year of no trophies and only 1 final

But remember. The Sharks never , ever wanted to win that match
:lol: I get it, they don't want a home final. Make Sards sense.
Sards

OomStruisbaai wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:39 pm
OomStruisbaai wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 7:42 am
$hark$ play to lose? Did swak.

The Cheetahs in the similiar position, played the Bulls at Loftus and showed their proud for their jersey.

$hark$ players have no proud, they were thrashed by WeePee.
Take the win. It will be a small compensation for WP rugby in a dismal year of no trophies and only 1 final

If the Bulls beat the Cheetahs which I think they will it's a home final for the Sharks if they beat the Pumas
OomStruisbaai

Sards wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 1:53 pm

If the Bulls beat the Cheetahs which I think they will it's a home final for the Sharks if they beat the Pumas
Bulls couldn't beat the Cheetahs at Loftus, the Cheetahs will destroy them in Osfontein. They learned their lessons from last year. The Pumas will klap the $hark$ after their pakslae in Cape Town.
Sards

OomStruisbaai wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:50 pm

Bulls couldn't beat the Cheetahs at Loftus, the Cheetahs will destroy them in Osfontein. They learned their lessons from last year. The Pumas will klap the $hark$ after their pakslae in Cape Town.
So that's your prediction. Cool. Hold you to it.
Enjoy watching the other teams play this weekend.
OomStruisbaai

Sards wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 6:07 am

I really enjoy watching the Cheetahs on the weekend. They play some good rugby. Their defense have been great this year. My money is on them.
Sards

OomStruisbaai wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 10:00 am
I really enjoy watching the Cheetahs on the weekend. They play some good rugby. Their defense have been great this year. My money is on them.
I think they were very lucky Elrigh got a red
OomStruisbaai

Sards wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 2:59 pm

The Bulls were lucky. Cheetahs spilled two tries played running rugby from everywhere. They killed Coetzee and Louw at the breakdowns. Gideon and Jandre Rudolph were outstanding.
Sards

OomStruisbaai wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 3:30 pm

The Bulls were lucky. Cheetahs spilled two tries played running rugby from everywhere. They killed Coetzee and Louw at the breakdowns. Gideon and Jandre Rudolph were outstanding.
Bulls were 3 tries ahead before Elrigh went off....did you watch the match
OomStruisbaai

Sards wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:13 am

I know, do you read my post? Hey this is actual the Stormers thread.
Sards

OomStruisbaai wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:40 am
Sards wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:13 am

I know, do you read my post? Hey this is actual the Stormers thread.
WP/Stormers are finished for the season......I am just being kind and making you feel important
OomStruisbaai

Orie to Perpignan
OomStruisbaai

Outside backs Warrick Gelant and Ben Loader have reportedly finally put pen to paper and will play for the DHL Stormers next season.
assfly

I see WP are in Harare this weekend to play against the Zimbabwe Goshawks.

Good on them :thumbup:
Chilli

OomStruisbaai wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:42 am Outside backs Warrick Gelant and Ben Loader have reportedly finally put pen to paper and will play for the DHL Stormers next season.
Ben Loader?

Who is that?
OomStruisbaai

Chilli wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:01 am
OomStruisbaai wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:42 am Outside backs Warrick Gelant and Ben Loader have reportedly finally put pen to paper and will play for the DHL Stormers next season.
Ben Loader?

Who is that?
https://www.london-irish.com/players/be ... 270122416/
Chilli

OomStruisbaai wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:28 pm
Ben Loader?

Who is that?
So since the WP will now no longer be able to plunder the Boland for their players, the WP are poaching players from bankrupt English clubs?
SaintK

Ben Loader?

Who is that?
Good Premiership player. Hopefully see him in the Champions Cup next season.
OomStruisbaai

Chilli wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:36 pm

Ben Loader?

Who is that?
So since the WP will now no longer be able to plunder the Boland for their players, the WP are poaching players from bankrupt English clubs?
Well like I said, pap snoek and uitval dop did the trick. :cool:
OomStruisbaai

Look who is back in town
Stormers
. DHL STORMERS WELCOME GELANT BACK
PUBLISHED: YESTERDAY

Springbok fullback Warrick Gelant has returned to the DHL Stormers fold, after signing a three-year contract ahead of the new season.

Gelant was a star performer in his first stint with the DHL Stormers from 2020 to 2022 and having spent one season in France, will once again call Cape Town and DHL Stadium home.

The mercurial outside back was a central figure as the DHL Stormers claimed the inaugural Vodacom United Rugby Championship title and is set to pick up where he left off when the new season gets underway in October.

DHL Stormers Head Coach John Dobson said that everyone involved with the DHL Stormers is thrilled to have Gelant back in Cape Town.

“We have all seen what Warrick can do, we know how well his considerable skillset fits our team and the way we want to play.

“He is a highly professional player who will add value on and off the field as we look to build on what we have achieved over the last two seasons.

“We obviously jumped at the opportunity to have him back in our squad and we are all looking forward to seeing him light up the pitch in a DHL Stormers jersey once again,” he said.

Gelant said that he is happy to be back in Cape Town and is as motivated as ever to deliver for the DHL Stormers.

“It is great to be back and the hard work in pre-season has already begun. I followed the team closely last season and I’m really excited to be a part of it once again.

“This team can achieve even greater things with the players and coaches we have here along with the unbelievable support we enjoy and I couldn’t be happier to be back on board,” he said.
Chilli

OomStruisbaai wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 11:59 am Look who is back in town
Stormers
. DHL STORMERS WELCOME GELANT BACK
PUBLISHED: YESTERDAY

Springbok fullback Warrick Gelant has returned to the DHL Stormers fold, after signing a three-year contract ahead of the new season.

Gelant was a star performer in his first stint with the DHL Stormers from 2020 to 2022 and having spent one season in France, will once again call Cape Town and DHL Stadium home.

The mercurial outside back was a central figure as the DHL Stormers claimed the inaugural Vodacom United Rugby Championship title and is set to pick up where he left off when the new season gets underway in October.

DHL Stormers Head Coach John Dobson said that everyone involved with the DHL Stormers is thrilled to have Gelant back in Cape Town.

“We have all seen what Warrick can do, we know how well his considerable skillset fits our team and the way we want to play.

“He is a highly professional player who will add value on and off the field as we look to build on what we have achieved over the last two seasons.

“We obviously jumped at the opportunity to have him back in our squad and we are all looking forward to seeing him light up the pitch in a DHL Stormers jersey once again,” he said.

Gelant said that he is happy to be back in Cape Town and is as motivated as ever to deliver for the DHL Stormers.

“It is great to be back and the hard work in pre-season has already begun. I followed the team closely last season and I’m really excited to be a part of it once again.

“This team can achieve even greater things with the players and coaches we have here along with the unbelievable support we enjoy and I couldn’t be happier to be back on board,” he said.
Ok, so where will Willemse play?
OomStruisbaai

For the Springboks
OomStruisbaai

Salman Moerat, New Stormers captain.
OomStruisbaai

John Dobson says the DHL Stormers are thrilled by the potential of the ground-breaking equity deal set to be presented to Western Province’s primary club stakeholders.

Western Province Rugby officially confirmed that a general council meeting will be held on Wednesday, 30 August, when the equity deal will be presented.

The proposed deal is with Red Disa Investment, and their intended involvement with WP Rugby will solidify the DHL Stormers as a powerhouse in the Vodacom United Rugby Championship and the Champions Cup, and will also consolidate DHL Western Province’s historical standing as one of the most successful teams in the Currie Cup.

Dobson believes the equity partners, given the strong local influence, will safeguard all the best traditions of the Western Province Rugby and also create the right environment for the DHL Stormers to be one of the leading club sides in the world.

“On behalf of myself, Salmaan and the rest of the team, we are absolutely thrilled that this process has come to where it is and that this deal is ready to go to the clubs,” said Dobson.

“It has been a long time coming, as it has been an excellent and dilligent process, but it is something which is much-needed if we are to stay competitive and continue to reach our mission to make Cape Town smile.

“We have no doubt that this will benefit rugby in the Western Cape. We want to have a team that the people can be proud of and that can inspire people to play rugby. An inspirational Stormers team is important to that.

“There is no way that this can be done without equity and investment, so we are super excited and thrilled that it is going to the clubs for their approval. We know that these are the right partners, who are in it for the right reasons, to see upliftment in our communities.

“We saw how important the connection is with the people over the last two seasons, who we are playing for and represent. We know that clearly and for us it’s just wonderful to continue to do that with this investment, continuing to make Cape Town smile and proud.”

The Stormers get the 2023-24 season underway with a Vodacom URC opening-round fixture against the Lions in Johannesburg on Saturday, 21 October.
handyman

Onwards and upwards.
Springboks, Stormers and WP supporter.
OomStruisbaai

I still have a bad feeling about the clubs. Pretty sure some posters, think Blake and Os, want the club system for our rugby. The clubs made us an amateur province.
Chilli

If the clubs don't take this offer then it might be the end for the WP.
Chilli

https://rugby365.com/news-united-rugby- ... -or-death/

I, for one, hope that OomStruisbaai's clubs reject the deal and that the WPRFU becomes an amateur union.

All the good players can be snapped up by the mighty Cheetahs, who can then win the URC.
OomStruisbaai

Chilli wrote: Fri Sep 01, 2023 8:31 am https://rugby365.com/news-united-rugby- ... -or-death/

I, for one, hope that OomStruisbaai's clubs reject the deal and that the WPRFU becomes an amateur union.

All the good players can be snapped up by the mighty Cheetahs, who can then win the URC.
You already emptied Maties.
OomStruisbaai

WP Rugby
WPRFU GENERAL COUNCIL VOTE TO ACCEPT EQUITY DEAL
PUBLISHED: 22 HOURS AGO

The clubs that constitute the Western Province Rugby Football Union (WPRFU) General Council met at DHL Stadium on Wednesday evening to vote on the proposed equity deal put forward by Red Disa consortium to secure a controlling shareholding in WP Professional Rugby Pty Ltd (the professional rugby arm of Western Province Rugby).

The motion was passed by a significant majority and the future of Western Province Rugby under Red Disa secured.

SARU as the administrator will provide further information on the way forward in due course.
Chilli

Very good news for WP / Stormers.

Zelt must be so upset.
Sards

Chilli wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:29 am Very good news for WP / Stormers.

Zelt must be so upset.
About time.
OomStruisbaai

The voting went 105 vs 50. Sicking blow for that ....... clubs. Will be banned if I name them. :oops:
OomStruisbaai

Dobson have gone through a nightmare to pull this off. He sure is a legend, go the extra mile for players and an excellent scout. True WP man like Frans Malherbe.

The good news for WP is that they will keep their best talent from the biggest schoolboy rugby pool in world rugby.
LoveOfTheGame

And cherry on the cake is Cape Town Stadium's new hybrid pitch is almost ready too. Waaaay overdue, but at long last it's here.
Chilli

OomStruisbaai wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:36 am

The good news for WP is that they will keep their best talent from the biggest schoolboy rugby pool in world rugby.
The Boland?
Chilli

LoveOfTheGame wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:02 am And cherry on the cake is Cape Town Stadium's new hybrid pitch is almost ready too. Waaaay overdue, but at long last it's here.
Yeah, towards the end of the season it wasn't holding up well.
OomStruisbaai

Chilli wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:19 am

The Boland?
Boland belong to the Bulls I checked last. WP include PRG, Gim, HJS & Landbou
Chilli

OomStruisbaai wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:41 am

The Boland?
So the Boland schools then.
:bimbo:
OomStruisbaai

Chilli wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:44 am

The Boland?
Well the Boland schools gave Jake White KLA, Papier and a range of players through their structures. Their top rugby school (Bere) runs a scholarship for Boland boys to be scout
Chilli

OomStruisbaai wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 9:09 am
Chilli wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:44 am
Well the Boland schools gave Jake White KLA, Papier and a range of players through their structures. Their top rugby school (Bere) runs a scholarship for Boland boys to be scout
PRG, Gim, HJS & Landbou.
So all the good schools?