President Biden and US politics catchall

Where goats go to escape
Kiwias

He also needs to lose all access to the Internet and social media, doomed to sleepless nights on the golden bog not able to vomit his garbage out into the world.
TB63

TB63

Aaaaaaaw, poor widdle trumpy, spat his dummy again..

Ps, since when did Hilary Clinton fall under the PRA? Muppet...

Trump writes, “Deranged “Special” Counsel Jack Smith, who has a long record of failure as a prosecutor, including a unanimous decision against him in the U.S. Supreme Court, should be sanctioned or censured for the way he is attacking a highly respected Judge, Aileen Cannon, who is presiding over his FAKE Documents Hoax case in Florida.

“He is a lowlife who is nasty, rude, and condescending, and obviously trying to “play the ref.” He shouldn’t even be allowed to participate in this sham case, where I, unlike Crooked Joe Biden, Hillary Clinton, and all the rest, come under the Presidential Records Act. I DID NOTHING WRONG, BUT BIDEN DID, AND THEY LET HIM OFF SCOT-FREE. HOW DID THAT HAPPEN, JACK? A TWO TIERED SYSTEM OF JUSTICE. ELECTION INTERFERENCE!”
TB63

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

All of the competitors to TRUTH SOCIAL, especially those in the Radical Left Democrats Party who are failing at every level, like to use their vaunted “disinformation machine” to try and convince people, and it is not easy to do, that TRUTH is not such a big deal and doesn’t “get the word out” as well as various others, which they know to be false. I THINK TRUTH IS AMAZING! First of all, it is very solid, having over $200,000,000 in CASH and ZERO DEBT. More importantly, it is the primary way I get the word out and, for better or worse, people want to hear what I have to say, perhaps, according to experts, more than anyone else in the World. My TV ratings are by far the highest, and my Rallies are not equaled, even close, anywhere or by anyone. Look, I had hundreds of millions of followers on various platforms, and could have them back again, but was cancelled for largely political reasons. Those platforms all want me back…They need me back! On Truth I have 7,000,000 followers…

Oh dear....it lost millions...

Oh oh dear...
As of late April 2022, MarketWatch reported Truth Social had around 513,000 active daily users, compared to Twitter's reported active daily userbase of 217 million.
Rhubarb & Custard

Interesting to see what happens next with Smith and Cannon. Smith has really stuck two fingers up to the judge, and that's unusual, but it's probably needed else the whole thing may get canned by Cannon
fishfoodie

LOL :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

The shitty bond company the orange Traitor got to give him the $175 million bond, (a) made a balls of initial bond documentation, & now (b) there are serious questions as to whether or not the company could actually cover the full value of the bond, because the financial declarations they made in their updated documentation give rise to doubts that they can !

So now the rich guy who decided to help out the traitor is going to have the finances of his company laid out before the entire world, & the traitor may have to go back out looking for another bond company.
convoluted

He Gonna Lock Y'all Up In Chains !!!!!

One of the stars of the hit sitcom Black-ish has claimed that Donald Trump will put black people 'in camps' if he's re-elected- and she also called him Hitler ...
Jennifer Lewis, 67, ... appeared to lose her temper and inveighed against Trump and Trump voters.

'This motherf***** is Hitler,' Lewis asserted confidently.
The 'Black-ish' star said that if he's re-elected, Trump would 'take a hammer and break the glass where the Constitution is'.
She continued by saying that the current Republican frontrunner would 'tear' the constitution up 'in our faces and say, "Now I'm the king of the f****** world.'

The actress paused and then, speaking as Trump, said: 'You will bow down, b******.'
'He will punish everybody that didn't vote for him,' she added.
While Lewis spoke, the show's host, Maxwell, grunted in approval.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... itler.html
TB63

Niegs

One of the comments nails this… he’s bringing the darkness but thankfully it’s only momentary.

Rhubarb & Custard

Well, at least it's Richard Strauss not Wagner
TB63

Imagine being so fucking dumb, you'd believe this shit...

Slick

Niegs wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:52 am One of the comments nails this… he’s bringing the darkness but thankfully it’s only momentary.

I’d forgotten about that Covid video he made when he left hospital which is genuinely the maddest thing I’ve seen in politics
All the money you made will never buy back your soul
geordie_6

TB63 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:37 pm Imagine being so fucking dumb, you'd believe this shit...

How is nobody calling this out consistently and ridiculing the shitstained moron...
Guy Smiley

https://www.threads.net/@jdv3m/post/C5h3Y4TLOG1
An appellate bond normally says that the underwriter will pay the judgment if the defendant loses the appeal and cannot or will not pay.Trump's appellate bond says that the underwriter will not pay anything.Trump's appellate bond is not a real appellate bond.It's a sham.
https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-b ... on-1887833
An insurance company will not be permitted to post a $175 million bond for Donald Trump while he appeals a fraud judgment, a former federal prosecutor has said.

Eric Lisann was reacting to a separate comment by another lawyer, Dave Kingman, who wrote that Knight Specialty Insurance will not be able to post the bond for Trump.

Kingman wrote that, as a result, New York Attorney General Letitia James will be able to begin enforcement proceedings on Donald Trump's properties.

A New York court has rejected Knight Specialty's paperwork and said it wanted to see more information on its financial backing. The company filed new paperwork on April
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... rcna146867
A state appeals court judge Monday denied Donald Trump's bid for an emergency delay of his impending criminal trial in New York.

Justice Lizbeth González of the state Appellate Division issued the ruling after attorneys for the former president argued the trial needed to be halted because "an impartial jury cannot be selected right now based on prejudicial pretrial publicity." González rejected the request in a one-line ruling late Monday afternoon with no explanation.

Trump's attorneys had filed the eleventh-hour motion in an attempt to delay a trial that centers on charges that Trump falsified business records related to hush money payments. The long-shot legal maneuver came exactly one week before the first criminal trial of a former president is scheduled to start.

González's ruling affects only Trump's request for a delay, not his underlying change-of-venue motion. Trump's attorneys are also fighting the partial gag order that Judge Juan Merchan handed down against him last month, which the appeals court is expected to hear Tuesday.

Trump attorney Emil Bove argued at the hearing on the venue challenge Monday afternoon that the gag order is unconstitutional and that jury selection can't proceed in a fair manner because of all the publicity surrounding the case.

Steven Wu of the district attorney's office countered that the publicity isn't confined to Manhattan, arguing it's worldwide, in part because of Trump's frequent commentary about the case. He suggested Trump was "trying to have it both ways" by complaining about the publicity while stoking it.

Trump's attorneys filed the challenge as a lawsuit invoking a provision of New York law known as Article 78. An Article 78 challenge allows litigants, whether in ongoing litigation or otherwise, to seek relief from allegedly unlawful state or local government action.

Trump tried a similar move before the same appeals court last year, when he challenged a partial gag order issued by Judge Arthur Engoron in the civil fraud case brought against him and his company by New York Attorney General Letitia James.
TB63

Niegs

Hair and makeup person: "Let me just blend this in to the hair and necklines so it looks more natural... have you ever thought of going in a tanning booth?"

Trump: "No. This looks good! The best! People are saying I look fantastic. Truly!"

:wtf:
Rhubarb & Custard

Slick wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:59 pm
Niegs wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:52 am One of the comments nails this… he’s bringing the darkness but thankfully it’s only momentary.

I’d forgotten about that Covid video he made when he left hospital which is genuinely the maddest thing I’ve seen in politics
Was that the never surrender one? I actually thought that was a brilliant bit of work, not for humanity which isn't going to like him whatever, but for the sort of creature planning to or thinking about voting Trump I thought that was a very persuasive piece of content.

ETA - and if one wanted a human equivalent of the Trump ad I thought was well done, in terms of who it was targeting, then I'd pick something like the Stacey Abrams 'Never Quit' campaign ad, wherein it's possible to like the candidate and also think it's a quality ad
Flockwitt

The joke the RNC has become - Lara Trump proudly touting her new ‘Election Integrity Division’ advised by a QAnon head honcho.
Niegs

Flockwitt wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:24 pm The joke the RNC has become - Lara Trump proudly touting her new ‘Election Integrity Division’ advised by a QAnon head honcho.
I've been listening to this https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m00132 ... des/player Looking at QAnon and US politics. Series 3 should be coming out soon.

There's always been loons and conspiracies, but we're in fascinating times where large swathes of people believe utter nonsense or are willing to align themselves with nonsense to obtain/retain power. And they're more easily talking to each other in echo chambers.

One thing he doesn't really go into, but jumped out at me in one of the interviews, is something I've wondered for a short while now... lots of people see a political party as their 'team' and either stick by them no matter what or, when things are pretty bad, still never consider voting for the other guy because that's the rival team they hate.

A fella casually admitted he was a Dem in the old days, didn't like Carter for a reason he couldn't explain, became a die-hard Reganite Rep and hasn't looked back even though he was being challenged for his role (forget what he was, but local gov't) by MAGA nutbars after QAnon pushed their people to flood local govs and school boards. He seemed (and a consistently Rep voting woman I saw on telly last week who said she's pro choice) to be someone who could flip sides or float between issues, but nope, it's my team forever.

I wonder if there ever comes a point where the right splits, esp if they get hammered in the next election? I feel like the (centre) left could split as well, but with two parties so evenly matched the camps know that the first to split will pretty much guarantee a loss next round.
Sinkers

What kind of thought process does somebody need to go through to want to reinstate any law from 1864, let alone an abortion law?
Flockwitt

Niegs wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:33 am
Flockwitt wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:24 pm The joke the RNC has become - Lara Trump proudly touting her new ‘Election Integrity Division’ advised by a QAnon head honcho.
I've been listening to this https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m00132 ... des/player Looking at QAnon and US politics. Series 3 should be coming out soon.

There's always been loons and conspiracies, but we're in fascinating times where large swathes of people believe utter nonsense or are willing to align themselves with nonsense to obtain/retain power. And they're more easily talking to each other in echo chambers.

One thing he doesn't really go into, but jumped out at me in one of the interviews, is something I've wondered for a short while now... lots of people see a political party as their 'team' and either stick by them no matter what or, when things are pretty bad, still never consider voting for the other guy because that's the rival team they hate.

A fella casually admitted he was a Dem in the old days, didn't like Carter for a reason he couldn't explain, became a die-hard Reganite Rep and hasn't looked back even though he was being challenged for his role (forget what he was, but local gov't) by MAGA nutbars after QAnon pushed their people to flood local govs and school boards. He seemed (and a consistently Rep voting woman I saw on telly last week who said she's pro choice) to be someone who could flip sides or float between issues, but nope, it's my team forever.

I wonder if there ever comes a point where the right splits, esp if they get hammered in the next election? I feel like the (centre) left could split as well, but with two parties so evenly matched the camps know that the first to split will pretty much guarantee a loss next round.
It's a good point Neigs. I'm going to be spending a couple of weeks next month with a few hard core GOPers in the States and I was planning on chatting to them exactly on the subject. One of them, whose antipathy towards the Dems was their historical empowering of the lawyers, had already voted against Trump in 2016. A reasonably clued up guy who had pegged Trump as a buffoon (though he protest voted Republican not Clinton). So, yeah, there's a wide spectrum of Republicans that aren't MAGA cultists and just where they find a home going forward who knows. Do they get back control of the GOP? Now the extreme end has demonstrated their ability to own primaries and low exposure elections at the state level that's not easy. There'll have to be a watershed moment like a brutal election hammering. But the deliberate idioligical splitting of the voters that's been happening for decades now and the gerrymandering means that there's unlikely to ever be a brutal election hammering for either side... unless there's a self inflicted split like you've mentioned. But let's see what happens after Trump moves on. It could well be a more moderate Presidential candidate appears for 2028 and Trump will be simply a bad dream that never happened (not :smile: ).

It's a curious situation, and one that does not necessarily bode well for democratic governments, when either side decides anything goes to ensure they 'win'.
Sandstorm

Sinkers wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:22 am What kind of thought process does somebody need to go through to want to reinstate any law from 1864, let alone an abortion law?
Votes and money. These people don’t give a fuck about anything or anyone else.
Slick

Sandstorm wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:48 am
Sinkers wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:22 am What kind of thought process does somebody need to go through to want to reinstate any law from 1864, let alone an abortion law?
Votes and money. These people don’t give a fuck about anything or anyone else.
This, all this.
Sinkers

Can only hope they get royally and deservedly shafted at the ballot box.
TB63

The White House Thugs should not be allowed to have these dangerous and unfair Biden Trials during my campaign for President. All of them, civil and criminal, could have been brought more than three years ago. It is an illegal attack on a Political Opponent. It is Communism at its worst, and Election Interference at its Best. No such thing has ever happened in our Country before. On Monday I will be forced to sit, GAGGED, before a HIGHLY CONFLICTED & CORRUPT JUDGE, whose hatred for me has no bounds. All of these New York and D.C. “Judges” and Prosecutors have the same MINDSET. Nobody but this Soros Prosecutor, Alvin Bragg, wanted to take this ridiculous case. All legal scholars say it is a sham. BIDEN’S DOJ IS RUNNING THE CASE. Just think of it, these animals want to put the former President of the United States (who got more votes than any sitting President!), & the PARTY’S REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE, IN JAIL, for doing absolutely nothing wrong. It is a RUSH TO THE FINISH. SO UNFAIR!
Cry harder....
Slick

TB63 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:38 pm
The White House Thugs should not be allowed to have these dangerous and unfair Biden Trials during my campaign for President. All of them, civil and criminal, could have been brought more than three years ago. It is an illegal attack on a Political Opponent. It is Communism at its worst, and Election Interference at its Best. No such thing has ever happened in our Country before. On Monday I will be forced to sit, GAGGED, before a HIGHLY CONFLICTED & CORRUPT JUDGE, whose hatred for me has no bounds. All of these New York and D.C. “Judges” and Prosecutors have the same MINDSET. Nobody but this Soros Prosecutor, Alvin Bragg, wanted to take this ridiculous case. All legal scholars say it is a sham. BIDEN’S DOJ IS RUNNING THE CASE. Just think of it, these animals want to put the former President of the United States (who got more votes than any sitting President!), & the PARTY’S REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE, IN JAIL, for doing absolutely nothing wrong. It is a RUSH TO THE FINISH. SO UNFAIR!
Cry harder....
Happily, he’s definitely getting worried
fishfoodie

Slick wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:57 pm
Cry harder....
Happily, he’s definitely getting worried
His lawyers are trying to clog the gears of Justice with endless frivolous motions, but the system has seen it all before, & the traitor continues to hire hopeless lawyers, because the decent ones want no part of this dumpster fire, so on Monday he'll have to turn up in Court, & be referred to as, "The Defendant" !

This is the weakest of criminal cases against him, but the salacious details guarantee every detail will be reported, & he'll just have to sit there & scow & as usual, there's just about zero chance of him giving evidence himself (at least if he listens to his lawyers), because that would just add perjury to the list.
Uncle fester

Cry harder....
Man who delayed trials complaining that trials have been delayed.
fishfoodie

Watching the Traitor disappearing up is own arsehole , over abortion rights, is hilarious.

What did I say about the 3rd rails in Politics !

He makes a video to try & thread the needle of pacifying the Republican Taliban on one side, & the majority of Americans on the other, & manages to piss off both; what a brilliant Politician !!

He's even managed to get Abortion onto the same ballot papers on at least two States; so his picture & other Republicans will be right there alongside a vote to give women control over their own bodies, a right they had until he fucking rigged the SCOTUS with lying fucks !!!

He tries to punt it to the States, because he knows the GOP in the House & Senate want legislate on this like they want a hole in the head, but the people in the States are who he needs to get elected, & they've lost ever fucking time on this shit BECAUSE THE MAJORITY OF AMERICANS DON'T FUCKING WANT LESS RIGHTS THAN WOMEN IN AFGHANISTAN !!!!!

The really hilarious part is that the Traitor knows all of this, & in one of those curious moments of clarity, right after the SCOTUS he made, overturned R v W, he said that he thought that it was an electoral mistake; but now he's frantically trying to unfuck the situation.
TB63

MungoMan

geordie_6 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 5:02 pm
TB63 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:37 pm Imagine being so fucking dumb, you'd believe this shit...

How is nobody calling this out consistently and ridiculing the shitstained moron...
In the Donald's case the hospital executed the baby and let the afterbirth live.
Sinkers

What’s the latest? Trump feels the Arizona ban is too strict. So leave it to the states but don’t leave it to the states.

Dog that caught the car and too dumb to let go.
TB63

Let’s do a little FACT CHECK!

Trump posted a letter from 2018 of Stormy Daniels saying she did not have an affair with him. Trump claimed that the letter was “JUST FOUND”. Trump also claimed that the media won’t report on it:

FACT: The Letter was not “Just found”.

FACT: The media reported on the letter, literally on the day it was written in 2018.

FACT: Yahoo, The Atlantic, The Guardian and Jimmy Kimmel reported on it 6 years ago.

FACT: Stormy Daniels, well over a year ago explained that she felt that she had to lie about the affair because of an NDA and she was made to think she had no choice.

FACT: Michael Cohen was literally CONVICTED for paying her off with Trump’s money to keep the affair secret.

FACT: Stormy Daniels Testified UNDER OATH that she had an affair with Trump, well after the letter was written,

FACTS MATTER. Trump’s LIES don’t.
Hal Jordan

Sinkers wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:32 am What’s the latest? Trump feels the Arizona ban is too strict. So leave it to the states but don’t leave it to the states.

Dog that caught the car and too dumb to let go.
By all accounts GOP state legislators are realising the monster they've unleashed by pandering to the American Taliban.
Niegs

TB63 wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:02 am

Let’s do a little FACT CHECK!

Trump posted a letter from 2018 of Stormy Daniels saying she did not have an affair with him. Trump claimed that the letter was “JUST FOUND”. Trump also claimed that the media won’t report on it:

FACT: The Letter was not “Just found”.

FACT: The media reported on the letter, literally on the day it was written in 2018.

FACT: Yahoo, The Atlantic, The Guardian and Jimmy Kimmel reported on it 6 years ago.

FACT: Stormy Daniels, well over a year ago explained that she felt that she had to lie about the affair because of an NDA and she was made to think she had no choice.

FACT: Michael Cohen was literally CONVICTED for paying her off with Trump’s money to keep the affair secret.

FACT: Stormy Daniels Testified UNDER OATH that she had an affair with Trump, well after the letter was written,

FACTS MATTER. Trump’s LIES don’t.
So did he post it because he hopes enough people will forget those facts or because he's completely forgotten all that? :wtf:
TB63

Ouch...

TB63

Sinkers

Why would a presidential candidate want his party in the house to “kill FISA”? 🤔🤔
TB63

Kiwias

:shock: :eek:

Maybe it’s Halloween somewhere