President Biden and US politics catchall

Where goats go to escape
Sandstorm

Raggs wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:45 pm Not send in un named, un marked military forces to kidnap people off the streets?
Kidnap? What’s the ransom they demanded?
Raggs

Sandstorm wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:58 pm
Raggs wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:45 pm Not send in un named, un marked military forces to kidnap people off the streets?
What do you call it when someone is snatched off the street and shoved into an unmarked vehicle, by non-identified people, without being arrested?
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Koalabyte

In one particularly odd moment, they tangled over the president’s cognitive test. Trump recently boasted that he “aced” such a test. “They said, ‘That’s an unbelievable thing. Rarely does anybody do what you just did,’ ” Trump told Fox News last week. “But [Biden] should take that same test.”

Wallace, making the point that “it’s not the hardest test,” highlighted one of the questions, which asks the test taker to identify a picture of an elephant.

:lol: :lol: :lol: They need a snigger emoji.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1284863167290413057

OMG! Wallace is taking the mickey out of tRump. :lolno:

My favorite part of the very good Chris Wallace interview with
@realDonaldTrump
:
TRUMP: “Now we have the 1619 project. What is THAT all about?”
WALLACE: “Slavery.”
Last edited by Koalabyte on Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
'The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing'... man up cupcake!!!
Kiwias

convoluted wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:55 pm
Kiwias wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:49 pm I actually believe some voters are stupid enough to be fooled by a last-minute election ploy turnabout on Covid 19 but still hope that sufficient numbers will not be fooled again by this conman.
Whereas Kiwias is not 'stupid enough to be fooled' by the Russian Collusion Delusion, by the Kurd Genocide that never happened and which was never going to happen, by the Russians paying to have US troops killed which Trump knew about hoax, and by the umpteen trumpteeen other CNN-NY Times anti-Trump BOMBSHELL frauds.
#sigh#
The 'sigh' sound was actually the wind whistling through the empty space in your skull.
Koalabyte

Donald tRump out on a bender during his deferment for bone spurs.
'The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing'... man up cupcake!!!
fishfoodie

Some real toughies in that cognitive questionnaire

Hong Kong

The orange shitgibbon actually claimed the USA has one of the lowest mortality rates in the world 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Rhubarb & Custard

He doesn't seem to have taken anything sensible on board having been told the disease has a 1% mortality rate. Imagine trying to brief someone who would latch onto any stupid factoid they thought might advance their self-interest ignoring the brief as a whole, frankly ignoring reality.
And 1 guest

Have the Mexicans finished that wall to keep disease-ridden Americans out yet?
sturginho

notfatcat wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:39 pm The mayor was protesting that he had everything under control, which is rather disturbing.
The ironing of posting this on the Trump fred :clap:
notfatcat

If I was a resident I reckon I'd be damn happy to see that happening to the scum tearing up the place. To be fair I did ask a rather straight forward question - what should happen in Portland? Basically all you and FF have said is 'not this' which would suggest you don't have a clue.
Chris Jack, 67 test All Black - "I was voted most useless and laziest cunt in the English Premiership two years on the trot"
notfatcat

Raggs wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:03 pm
What do you call it when someone is snatched off the street and shoved into an unmarked vehicle, by non-identified people, without being arrested?
They guys in the video I saw clearly had police written across their camo chests.
Chris Jack, 67 test All Black - "I was voted most useless and laziest cunt in the English Premiership two years on the trot"
notfatcat

sturginho wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:05 am
notfatcat wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:39 pm The mayor was protesting that he had everything under control, which is rather disturbing.
The ironing of posting this on the Trump fred :clap:
How about Portland - do YOU think he does or did have everything under control? Try and forget about Trump for a minute.
Rhubarb & Custard

notfatcat wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:21 am

They guys in the video I saw clearly had police written across their camo chests.
Which is essentially fancy dress, no names, no ID numbers, not even what branch of the judicial system
Rhubarb & Custard

And 1 guest wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:30 am Have the Mexicans finished that wall to keep disease-ridden Americans out yet?
By exploding the numbers with the virus he could reasonably claim he's done more to deter migrants than any other President
notfatcat

Rhubarb & Custard wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:12 am

Which is essentially fancy dress, no names, no ID numbers, not even what branch of the judicial system
I'm sure that's not the most serious talking point around this saga.
Zig

Kidnap doesn't automatically imply a ransom will be sought. There are other purposes for kidnapping.

If you think about some of the reasons other than ransom the act is far more sinister.
New guy

notfatcat wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:13 pm So just let the mob take the city apart then. Goodo.
Trump got slated by his BFF Tucker Carlson for sitting back and doing nothing during the CHAZ debacle in Seattle. I'm not surprised he's coming down hard on Portland.
.OverThere

Zig wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:09 am
Kidnap doesn't automatically imply a ransom will be sought. There are other purposes for kidnapping.

If you think about some of the reasons other than ransom the act is far more sinister.
Yep, they're still looking for Jean McConville.
JM2K6

fishfoodie wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:59 pm
Kiwias wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:49 pm I actually believe some voters are stupid enough to be fooled by a last-minute election ploy turnabout on Covid 19 but still hope that sufficient numbers will not be fooled again by this conman.
Whereas Kiwias is not 'stupid enough to be fooled' by the Russian Collusion Delusion, by the Kurd Genocide that never happened and which was never going to happen, by the Russians paying to have US troops killed which Trump knew about hoax, and by the umpteen trumpteeen other CNN-NY Times anti-Trump BOMBSHELL frauds.
#sigh#

So which idiot from PR is this ?

Posts like Fat Albert, or maybe merry.
Rhubarb & Custard

notfatcat wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:49 am
Rhubarb & Custard wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:12 am

I'm sure that's not the most serious talking point around this saga.
The militarisation of the police in what is (was?) a democracy and the targeting to those who oppose the executive, legally in many cases, does seems rather serious as a talking point. And in this instance with the accountability being removed with the vanishing of ID/names we're also seeing the rise of a secret police.

So maybe there are more serious points, but nonetheless trivialising this one, or trying too, doesn't seem warranted
Zig

The term kidnap doesn't automatically imply a ransom will be sought, people are kidnapped for other more sinister reasons.

What's to stop these protesters or someone the unmarked agents don't like being dropped into the sea from a helicopter or buried in a shallow grave somewhere?
ScarfaceClaw

Zig wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:25 am
The term kidnap doesn't automatically imply a ransom will be sought, people are kidnapped for other more sinister reasons.

What's to stop these protesters or someone the unmarked agents don't like being dropped into the sea from a helicopter or buried in a shallow grave somewhere?
I don’t think we’ve quite reached that Netflix level of reality just yet. Perhaps they can, in the meantime, leave their heads on spikes as a warning to other protestors.
Zig

ScarfaceClaw wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:46 am
I don’t think we’ve quite reached that Netflix level of reality just yet. Perhaps they can, in the meantime, leave their heads on spikes as a warning to other protestors.
Netflix wouldn't pick up a script based on what has gone on under the current Presidency because it's too far fetched.
Koalabyte

Damn it! I can never remember the unicorn with 2 horns. :think:
ScarfaceClaw

Koalabyte wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:16 pm Image

Damn it! I can never remember the unicorn with 2 horns. :think:
They can fly as well. I saw it on a documentary on TV. There was a little baby one with big flappy ears and it lived in a tent.
Hong Kong

Ali Cadoo

Who could possibly have foreseen those wholesome Fox boys being embroiled in sexual harassment charges?

https://apnews.com/e4faa25132e20cf5acd3fb938de744c7

Hopefully sanity will prevail.
Rhubarb & Custard

Ali Cadoo wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:42 pm Who could possibly have foreseen those wholesome Fox boys being embroiled in sexual harassment charges?

https://apnews.com/e4faa25132e20cf5acd3fb938de744c7

Hopefully sanity will prevail.
Sanity not Hanity already sounds like a protest movement
Saint

In genuinely serious news, the Trump White House has decided that the 14th amendment is a bad idea............
Slick

I also see Trump has discovered this thing called Coronavirus
All the money you made will never buy back your soul
Rhubarb & Custard

Saint wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:27 pm In genuinely serious news, the Trump White House has decided that the 14th amendment is a bad idea............
We shall see what happens in court when they present the argument that immigrants aren't people. Logic and basic decency are not on Donald's side, but that doesn't always stop him
Slick

I see John Kasich is to speak at the Democratic convention urging Republicans to vote for Biden.

This is all very good, but where have these cunts been for the last 3 1/2 years. All coming out the woodwork as Trump falls down in the polls.
All the money you made will never buy back your soul
Hugo

Slick wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:01 am I see John Kasich is to speak at the Democratic convention urging Republicans to vote for Biden.
Doesn't this just alienate progressives whose votes are also much needed? I know he's relatively sensible and moderate for a Republican but his stance on signature progressive issues like the environment and abortion will be repellent to left wing voters. These aren't the type of endorsements that they find palatable.

Is he really that influential that he's going to bring a substantial number of republicans into the fold or sway undecided voters?
Bokkom

Hugo wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:17 am
Slick wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:01 am I see John Kasich is to speak at the Democratic convention urging Republicans to vote for Biden.
Doesn't this just alienate progressives whose votes are also much needed? I know he's relatively sensible and moderate for a Republican but his stance on signature progressive issues like the environment and abortion will be repellent to left wing voters. These aren't the type of endorsements that they find palatable.

Is he really that influential that he's going to bring a substantial number of republicans into the fold or sway undecided voters?
The Democratic Party has no interest in Progressives at all. That they have shown over and over again.
They are just not the Trump party, so to speak.
Hong Kong

Ali Cadoo

This is hilarious!

Raggs

War crimes against their own populace?

https://www.newsweek.com/portland-feder ... ssion=true

Federal troops accused of pepper spraying medical supplies in the medical tent...
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
convoluted

Kiwias wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:28 pm
#sigh#
The 'sigh' sound was actually the wind whistling through the empty space in your skull.
Yep. Don't address my points. Don't confess to your brainwashed buffoonery.
But hey, have you heard the latest: Trump has unleashed his secret police Nazi gestapo stormtroopers on the civilian population . It's a forerunner to his tactic when he gets landslided by Joe somebody in an election for Congress some time apparently in the next decade in Mexico, Tacoma and Trump's going to refuse to vacate and this is just his practice run. Must be true, 'cos it's non-stop on XiNN and in the NZ media and lots and lots of seriously intelligent deep thinkers are regurgitating it so gee whizz, that surely confirms it..
Kiwias

convoluted wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:31 am
Kiwias wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:28 pm

#sigh#
Yep. Don't address my points. Don't confess to your brainwashed buffoonery.
But hey, have you heard the latest: Trump has unleashed his secret police Nazi gestapo stormtroopers on the civilian population . It's a forerunner to his tactic when he gets landslided by Joe somebody in an election for Congress some time apparently in the next decade in Mexico, Tacoma and Trump's going to refuse to vacate and this is just his practice run. Must be true, 'cos it's non-stop on XiNN and in the NZ media and lots and lots of seriously intelligent deep thinkers are regurgitating it so gee whizz, that surely confirms it..
That was a serious post? :crazy: