$hark$ 2023 and beyond

Where goats go to escape
assfly

There are rumours that Bosh is heading to Montpellier.

All the best to him. It's probably best for all parties. I have no doubt he will become a better player there.
Chilli2

assfly wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:04 am There are rumours that Bosh is heading to Montpellier.

All the best to him. It's probably best for all parties. I have no doubt he will become a better player there.
I was about to post this.

I agree, it could be a good for him.
assfly

Jason Jenkins signed.

I'm fairly happy with that. We need to beef up our pack. He's of international standard, but unlikely to be lost to the Boks. A similar style to Eben, but we will lose him for half the season anyway so a good fit.
Chilli

assfly wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:13 am Jason Jenkins signed.

I'm fairly happy with that. We need to beef up our pack. He's of international standard, but unlikely to be lost to the Boks. A similar style to Eben, but we will lose him for half the season anyway so a good fit.
In all fairness, I'd play him at 7, especially when Eben is playing. The $harks need a big bruiser on the side of the scrum.
assfly

Chilli wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:39 am In all fairness, I'd play him at 7, especially when Eben is playing. The $harks need a big bruiser on the side of the scrum.
Ja I guess it's possible. But I'm also hoping Vincent Tshituka will start playing to his potential and own the 7 jersey.

But our pack needs some serious grunt. It will be nice when we finally get to see a front row of Ox, Bongi and Koch with Eben behind them.
TheNatalShark

Great for Bosch, hopefully finds something there.

Not sure Vincent has it in him to step up. Seems weak in contact for his size, will need good coaches to improve form, but my doubt comes from him not seeking to adjust that himself.
assfly

Trevor Nyakane confirmed.

We're also losing Werner Kok to Ulster. That's a bit of a shame, I quite liked him as a player and personality, but he's also been a common denominator in a lot of our poor performances. I've have no doubt he'll be a crowd favourite for Ulster.
Sandstorm

assfly wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:57 pm Trevor Nyakane confirmed.

We're also losing Werner Kok to Ulster. That's a bit of a shame, I quite liked him as a player and personality, but he's also been a common denominator in a lot of our poor performances. I've have no doubt he'll be a crowd favourite for Ulster.
Kok going will be good for Sharks. He hits far too many rucks that your loosies should be getting into. Make them work harder.
Chilli2

assfly wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:57 pm Trevor Nyakane confirmed.

Great signing
assfly

Sandstorm wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:32 pm Kok going will be good for Sharks. He hits far too many rucks that your loosies should be getting into. Make them work harder.
I wish we could have seen him have a couple of games in the 6 jersey. That would have been interesting.
Chilli

assfly wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 5:05 am
Sandstorm wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:32 pm Kok going will be good for Sharks. He hits far too many rucks that your loosies should be getting into. Make them work harder.
I wish we could have seen him have a couple of games in the 6 jersey. That would have been interesting.
He could have been a Pierre Spies who didn't avoid tackling and rucks.
Sards

Andre is a huge signing.......huge.......
This year is vokked......but next season we are going to be strong.
When Andre left the Sharks we started looking poor. And with Amm next to him its going to be mind blowing good.
Eben I love but his heart is not at the Sharks......he should just own it and go back to the Stormers....he has always managed to miss the games against the Stormers.
LoveOfTheGame

Sards wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:43 am Andre is a huge signing.......huge.......
When Andre left the Sharks we started looking poor. And with Amm next to him its going to be mind blowing good.
Eben I love but his heart is not at the Sharks......he should just own it and go back to the Stormers....he has always managed to miss the games against the Stormers.
When Eben played he has consistently been your best player on the park, what are you smoking? :wtf:
Sards

LoveOfTheGame wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:53 am
Sards wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:43 am Andre is a huge signing.......huge.......
When Eben played he has consistently been your best player on the park, what are you smoking? :wtf:
Thats the issue. Rather have a consistent player who doesn't avoid playing , or playing against his old side, tbh....Stormers are more than welcome to him. He might actually play a lot more. If they can afford the cost of maintaining him in the squad.

Like I said....great player....when he plays
Sards

I believe Eben is going to grace the Sharks with a game next round. Preparation before the Springboks.
So blessed. Filled with appreciation of this gesture
assfly

So it feels like we've finally turned the corner with a few wins under our belt now. Although that could all change on Friday night playing a very good Glasgow side away from home after a 6 day turnaround. We're never going to make top 8, so may as well concentrate on the game against Clermont.

I think Siya Masuku has been massive for us lately. Finally we have an aggressive 10 who is not afraid of taking the ball up. He's not perfect and his kicking game (from hand) can be iffy, but at least we have a different sort of threat on attack.

We seem to have achieved some sort of balance in our back row with Venter/Tshituka/Pepsi playing quite well together. Our best locks are Eben, van Heerden and Corne Rahl, they are definitely adding some beef to our pack at last. The Hooker/Am combo is an exciting one for the future too.
Sards

assfly wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:46 am So it feels like we've finally turned the corner with a few wins under our belt now. Although that could all change on Friday night playing a very good Glasgow side away from home after a 6 day turnaround. We're never going to make top 8, so may as well concentrate on the game against Clermont.

I think Siya Masuku has been massive for us lately. Finally we have an aggressive 10 who is not afraid of taking the ball up. He's not perfect and his kicking game (from hand) can be iffy, but at least we have a different sort of threat on attack.

We seem to have achieved some sort of balance in our back row with Venter/Tshituka/Pepsi playing quite well together. Our best locks are Eben, van Heerden and Corne Rahl, they are definitely adding some beef to our pack at last. The Hooker/Am combo is an exciting one for the future too.
Hooker is hungry for higher honors. Love his work
OomStruisbaai

assfly wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:46 am I think Siya Masuku has been massive for us lately. Finally we have an aggressive 10 who is not afraid of taking the ball up. He's not perfect and his kicking game (from hand) can be iffy, but at least we have a different sort of threat on attack.
Thats what you needed. Told Sards this for a decade now.
Sards

OomStruisbaai wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:57 am
assfly wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:46 am I think Siya Masuku has been massive for us lately. Finally we have an aggressive 10 who is not afraid of taking the ball up. He's not perfect and his kicking game (from hand) can be iffy, but at least we have a different sort of threat on attack.
Stormers also need a 10...as a matter of urgency.......The Bulls/Sharks letting go of him was for a reason......has his head got too big.
OomStruisbaai

Sards wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:25 am
Stormers also need a 10...as a matter of urgency.......The Bulls/Sharks letting go of him was for a reason......has his head got too big.
You were the Libbok lover. What happened? The Stormers have some excellent 10s, Dobson just need to play them.
Sards

OomStruisbaai wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:56 am
Sards wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:25 am
You were the Libbok lover. What happened? The Stormers have some excellent 10s, Dobson just need to play them.
He was great a year ago.....now he is just baaad. I was hoping he would make it there. Was a level headed and humble kid when he left the Sharks.
Sards

Who are you buying?
OomStruisbaai

Sards wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:28 pm
Who are you buying?
No buying, develop our own talent. Your bew star started his career at Maties. SMZ has renew his contract until 2027. He is going to be the next Springbok flyhalf. Jurie Mattee is also a born and bred young Stormers flyhalf.
Sards

OomStruisbaai wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:33 pm
Sards wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:28 pm
Who are you buying?
SMZ has renew his contract until 2027. He is going to be the next Springbok flyhalf. Jurie Mattee is also a born and bred young Stormers flyhalf.
And neither of them play at 10 for the Stormers.....and yet they are the next Springbok flyhalf????
Typical Stormers arrogance.

btw....I think SMZ is a real talent that will definitely play for the Springboks one day.
Sards

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/YwazTL ... tid=w8EBqM

Sharks marketing looks more on point now we are improving
assfly

Sards wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:46 pm https://www.facebook.com/share/v/YwazTL ... tid=w8EBqM

That's much better than that fear the fin bollocks.
Sards

assfly wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:32 am
Sards wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:46 pm https://www.facebook.com/share/v/YwazTL ... tid=w8EBqM

That's much better than that fear the fin bollocks.
NOONE bought into that..... :crazy:

At least things are looking a lot more positive lately