Le Taupe XIV et la mégalomanie d'un secretaire d'état ripoux

Where goats go to escape
Torquemada 1420

Marylandolorian wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:25 pm One more time I disagree with you about these players.

- I watch Jalibert ( UBB*) )almost every weekends, you should too, same class than Ntamack, my worry is that he might be like Ramos, " le petit cœur" when he's in blue, but so far he hasn't done anything that cost us a game, he even saved a try against the Scotts. I like Carbonel also

-Serin (ex UBB*)you never liked him anyway, but to say couilloud or Iribaren are better than him shows how biased you are .BTW the Yach said few years ago that Serin had the fastest pass from all the t14 sh.

Macalou (SF*)s an asshole
* see the trend

These are facts not opinions
Jalibert was worst Fre player against Sco. Totally wasted the backs with a total inability to either distribute or attack the gainline. Playing for UBB against Bayonne is not the same as playing for Fra against intl std players.

You're right. I've thought Serin is over rated since his U21 days. And since Yach was one of a long line of SHs who slowed all Fre possession down, I think I'll ignore his opinion on rapid distribution. This side of the Channel, pundits rate Iribaren well ahead of Serin. Having a fast pass is no use when you take 3 minutes to get to every breakdown, another 2 minutes deciding what to do with the ball, only then to do the wrong thing.

Yes. Macalou is an arse. As is Thomas. But Huget was far worse and he got 60 odd caps with no talent either.
laurent

I leave the place 5 minutes and you start a fight.

I'll put the Telly on but no fighting...

Torquemada 1420

laurent wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:10 pm I leave the place 5 minutes and you start a fight.

I'll put the Telly on but no fighting...
I'm a Parra (not a Para) when it comes to fights. I start the trouble and then get a virtual Vahaamahina to sort it our. :thumbup:
laurent

Voilà Voilà

pour remettre de l'huile sur le feu.
Torquemada 1420

Neti, Mauvaka, Aldegheri - Geraci, Pesenti - Woki, Jelonch, Macalou – Serin (Cap.), Jalibert - Villière, Danty, Barraque, Thomas – Dulin

Finisseurs : Baubigny, Kolingar, Atonio, Cazeaux, Rebbadj, Couilloud, Carbonel, Moefana

For those whose adblock cuts out twing etc to can't see L's post above.

That's one helluva mobile backrow. Would be hard to prove but IMHO the most mobile Fra has ever played including when Magne played with Serge and Hari even.

Serin and Jalibert will ensure Thomas doesn't see a ball for the 2nd Test in a row. Let's hope Dulin keeps his kicking boot firmly out of use.
sturginho

Are you guys going to start a match thread or shall I?
Torquemada 1420

sturginho wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:44 pm Are you guys going to start a match thread or shall I?
Knock yourself out
Torquemada 1420

Really interested to see how Villiere goes. Has looked serious potential in his RCT outings and can defend too: take note Teddy.
laurent

The Group for the Rosbeefs.

Torquemada 1420

Do you think the Rosbifs have figured out yet they'll be facing a French B/C team? :wtf:
laurent

Hurrah tomorrow the kids can train again

and Senior also (not contact though)
laurent

Well we have depth. If anything comes out of the Laporte negotiating skills :lol: it's getting the second string time with the staff and game time in the system.

All these players now have the experience of a few caps. Some may replace the incumbents next time around others are ready to slot in if injuries crop up.
Torquemada 1420

laurent wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:59 am Well we have depth. If anything comes out of the Laporte negotiating skills :lol: it's getting the second string time with the staff and game time in the system.

All these players now have the experience of a few caps. Some may replace the incumbents next time around others are ready to slot in if injuries crop up.
The interesting ones are
1) Dulin. On that form, he should start. When was the last time any French player caught so many high balls? In a way, that was the correct tactic for England.... normally... right up until it wasn't working and they refused to change: somehow hoping Dulin would fail.

2) Villiere. I made a lot of noise about him before his 1st start and in particular his freakishly good defence. He had 4 turnovers against Eng (ENG!!) albeit sh*tehouse ref incorrectly penalised one. Much as I hate to admit it, he's ahead of Teddy because what is shaved off in attacking threat is massively outweighed by his defence.

Backline looks like Dupont; Ntamack (I have reservations but that's what it will be); Penaud and Villiere on the wings (hard on Rattez who was one of best players in these games); Fickou and Vakatawa in the centres and Dulin at FB. I'd still like to see a 2nd 5/8th given a trial as plan B (e.g. Carbonel in at 12). Thought Couilloud was brilliant defensively too and that should be the end of Serin. That's some seriously damned good backline if given quick ball.

That leaves out players like Thomas, Raka, Danty & Ramos who'd walk into somewhere like Ireland.

3) The other area is backrow.
The incumbent Cretin, Ollivon + Alldritt is all about size. Tallest backrow in the history of the game. Chosen mainly for defence although Ollivon's mobility is exceptional too.
Woki, Jelonch and Macalou are much more about rangy, athleticism. Woki totally f**ked up Eng's lineout (made a fool of their go to Itoje). Jelonch stopped everything but is also mobile (looking fwd to him at ST). And we know Macalou is a freak.

I'm not at all convinced Cretin has a place in there. Jelonch and Ollivon can both play 7 and 8 so should both be selected. From there, it's a question of what you want. The ability to disrupt oppo lineout (and secure your own) is so valuable, it really leans me towards Woki or Macalou over Cretin.
Marylandolorian

Torquemada 1420 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:20 am
Marylandolorian wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:01 pm
Jalibert has to wake up and play like he does with Bordeaux.

Macalou, should be banned from EDF, great athlete but he'll bring a dark cloud on the team ( no pun intended), a bit like Torque during the games threads :bimbo:
I'm not in this camp. Macalou is a freak of nature and needs to be given a chance by steely direction from coaches just as Teddy has. Fra is not yet in such a position it can afford to throw away players of his ability.

Jalibert is looking increasingly like a poor man's Plisson minus Plisson's passing skills. Have said before I think Carnbonel is the best option but I get why Galthie thinks Ntamack is the right option since he plays with Dupont at club level.

Same thing with Serin whose distribution makes Parra look like dynamite. There are at least 2 better SHs: Irabiren and Couilloud.
😁😁😁😁 last weekend Jalibert has been named FH for the PR team of the week, I heard.

Macalou cost us the game
Torquemada 1420

Marylandolorian wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:38 pm Jalibert is looking increasingly like a poor man's Plisson minus Plisson's passing skills. Have said before I think Carnbonel is the best option but I get why Galthie thinks Ntamack is the right option since he plays with Dupont at club level.

Same thing with Serin whose distribution makes Parra look like dynamite. There are at least 2 better SHs: Irabiren and Couilloud.
😁😁😁😁 last weekend Jalibert has been named FH for the PR team of the week, I heard.

Macalou cost us the game
[/quote]
Where? For one moment (the linebreak for a try), he looked like he could play. He never attacked again save to f**k up a counter with a pass to Raka that would have embarrassed a thalidomide victim.

How did Macalou cost the game? I suggest you try watching some rugby before continuing to make an arse of yourself publicly.
Marylandolorian

Torquemada 1420 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:53 pm
Marylandolorian wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:38 pm

Macalou cost us the game
Where? For one moment (the linebreak for a try), he looked like he could play. He never attacked again save to f**k up a counter with a pass to Raka that would have embarrassed a thalidomide victim.

How did Macalou cost the game? I suggest you try watching some rugby before continuing to make an arse of yourself publicly.
By responding to you I do, but you are the one making an arse of yourself , the proof is every time you post somebody is reminding you that.
You were the main reason why posters didn’t come anymore on the top14 thread on PR, you disgusted them with your nonsense and ramblings, as you have been doing here,

Even the Times is on my side, yes it is...

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/matt ... -b0pkh7grv

Oh and go ... never mind, on ignore you go
Torquemada 1420

Marylandolorian wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:33 pm
Marylandolorian wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:38 pm

Macalou cost us the game

By responding to you I do, but you are the one making an arse of yourself , the proof is every time you post somebody is reminding you that.
You were the main reason why posters didn’t come anymore on the top14 thread on PR, you disgusted them with your nonsense and ramblings, as you have been doing here,

With all due respect cretin, the T14 thread died without me.

No point in posting a link that no-one can read: Times is a pay for site.

You still haven't answered how Macalou cost the game, cretin.
Torquemada 1420

You couldn't make it up. Jalibert misses easy pen in front to tie it up but the rebound results in a try as Stains fall asleep. :lol: :lol:
Achahoish

Torquemada 1420 wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:28 am
Marylandolorian wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:33 pm

With all due respect cretin, the T14 thread died without me.

No point in posting a link that no-one can read: Times is a pay for site.

You still haven't answered how Macalou cost the game, cretin.
Bold Matthieu Jalibert makes mug of George Ford and his fear of the ball
France fly half gave proof that creativity is possible with possession of the ball
Stuart Barnes
Monday December 07 2020, 12.01am, The Times

Eddie Jones and his Autumn Nations Cup champions ground out victory against a second-string French team. They won the battle at Twickenham but on this evidence it is not long before France will overtake them in the world rankings. England and their explosive forward runners — Billy Vunipola was metaphorical dynamite at times — can blast most teams to pieces.

Let’s stick with the cordite analogy, shall we? England are a team who rely on that power and aerial bombardment like few others. The kickers hoof it as quickly as possible.

George Ford, the England fly half, is frightened of holding on to the ball. In the build-up to the game, he described it as a “ticking time bomb”. Ford did the entire sport a disservice with this comment, likening a rugby ball to an object capable of causing havoc, with potentially terrible outcomes.

In short the philosophy is to kick the thing up the other end of the bloody field. Let “them” deal with it. Rugby has not always been this way. And it doesn’t have to be.

Historically the rugby ball has been treasured. In another time, indeed another century, Barry John would flirt with the muddy mess that was then a rugby ball. A decade later in the 1980s, the Australia fly half Mark Ella wove spells on the gainline, bringing the ball to life with the tips of his fingers.

Ah, but that was another time. This is the era of defensive dominance. So we are told. Yet it took only 15 minutes for us to realise both a rugby ball and the much-vaunted defensive line speed are not things of which a player need be petrified.

The English fly half was made to look a mug by his opposite number, Matthieu Jalibert. The Bordeaux Bègles No 10 produced an exemplary opening quarter of an hour. It reminded me of an early Dan Carter. Never mind the autocratic game plan; mix and match and make the opposition wonder what is coming next. An orthodox pass, a kick into the corner, a couple of clearing punts and, most importantly, a daring delay to the passing game.

Daring because England are, by their own head coach’s assertions, a frightening prospect without the ball. Jalibert, 22, was drawing England on to the gainlines on his terms; taking control of the situation.

He darted right to left, sprinting past and handing off Jamie George on the inside of Owen Farrell. The tap tackle didn’t disturb his balance sufficiently to prevent the tryscoring pass to the impressive Brice Dulin.

It was the moment of the day. Proof that creativity is still possible. England offered little such evidence.

The utter predictability of England and Jones’s unwavering belief in the ability of his side’s explosive power to wear down opposition was countered by a young fly half ready to challenge the assertion. He was not foot-perfect but the hour he was on the field should be a salutary lesson in how to play rugby.

Jalibert created France’s first try with an outside break and a neat pass
J
There is an utter absence of variety in the England approach. The Ford phrase cuts through the core of this team. Big, but not so bold. Nowhere is the waste of undoubted talent more obvious than at fly half. There have been fly halves who were not afraid of a rugby ball in more recent times. The one that most springs to mind was a 17-year-old English kid — by the name of Ford.

He was a mesmerising teen. When he kicked away the ball it was with intent to manipulate the opposing defence. He found space where none seemed to exist. Now the quality has been replaced with sheer quantity. It was enough for England to draw after 80 minutes with a second-string France side yesterday but it is hard not to see France as a likelier World Cup winner in 2023.

The two tens symbolise their sides. A young, improving fly half (second choice behind Romain Ntamack at the moment) and Ford, whose threat diminishes seemingly Test by Test. Sure, it was his deadly penalty kick that established the five-metre lineout to take the tie into extra time, but while Jalibert improves, he stagnates.

The Frenchman wasn’t afraid to play it flat, to lure the England midfield to him, as Ford used to do. The Leicester Tigers ten, in contrast, has become the most predictable of kickers. Jalibert was often awaiting the Ford kick. All 2,000 spectators in the stadium as well as the Frenchman knew it was coming.

Ford and Farrell are no longer thinking when they launch ball after ball into the winter skies. It is an act of faith, Eddie says. There is no point replacing the one with the other in the pivotal ten position. It wouldn’t alter the rigid structure in the slightest.

Ford cannot have forgotten what made him such a wonderful match winner in his youth but Jones has tamed him. When Farrell takes his minutes kicking for goal, watch Ford. He is marching around, gesticulating, calling the shots. He is more his head coach’s shop steward than fly half these days.

He has to get back to the gainline as his opposite number did. But when a ball is described as a “ticking time bomb” it doesn’t suggest a change in the balance of England any time soon. When England are in possession he scans — there’s no doubting the rugby brain — but he tends to take the majority of his passes deep and shuffle along, a footballer making a sequence of easy ten-metre sideways passes. Once, he was flat and Jonny May flashed through France off his shoulder. We need to see more of the old Ford.

Given the autocracy of management that seems unlikely. Jalibert taught the home side a lesson but I fear they are not listening. This was a better day for France than England.

Rugby union
Torquemada 1420

Cheers. Stuart Barnes....
Torquemada 1420

https://www.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/top-14/2 ... tory.shtml
7. Sekou Macalou (Stade Français – 20%)

Le flanker parisien a d’énormes qualités athlétiques. Capable d’aller aussi vite qu’un ailier en plus d’être puissant, Macalou est redoutable lorsqu’il est en pleine forme. Depuis la reprise de la saison, il est impressionnant avec le Stade Français. Il a notamment marqué les esprits lors de la réception de La Rochelle où il a inscrit un doublé mais aussi été précieux défensivement. Ses performances l’ont même conduit à revenir avec les Bleus cet automne pour disputer les deux derniers matchs de l’Autumn Nations Cup.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
laurent

Ok let's put this back on track

amateur rugby is dead in the water
laurent

important 6 nation news

Jean-Baptiste Gros, Swan Rebbadj, Uini Atonio are out

Ollivon likely out for Italy at least (head knock)

Vakatawa is out for the tournament

Aldritt likely out for part of the 6 nations

this is starting a bit on the crap side
Masterji

laurent wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:49 pm important 6 nation news

What will the Fr team look like as it stands
La soule

Masterji wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:10 pm

Baille Marchand Haouas
Leroux Taoffifenua
Cros/Woki Jelong Ollivon
Dupont
Jalibert
Penaud
Arthur Vincent
Fickou
Thomas :sick:
Bouthier/Dulin
Torquemada 1420

Masterji wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:10 pm

Fra won't be playing due to COVID requirements.
laurent

Voilà

Edit Couilloud is out and Bezy comes in
laurent

Some delayed games played this week end
Last night ASM - LOU

Torquemada 1420

LOU blew a golden chance to get their campaign back on track against a severely messed up ASM side. Vaahaa in the back row FFS.

Both sides struggling for any kind of form.
Torquemada 1420

Bye Wiz
https://www.rugbyrama.fr/rugby/top-14/2 ... tory.shtml

for a while, looked like he might be the balance between kicking and offence that France so badly needed at 10.
laurent

Les Coujoux

De la bel ouvrage ....
laurent

Weekly recap

laurent

Frank Azéma is leaving Clermont for Montpellier

Sad really.

Montpellier is not a rugby town whatever amount of money Altrad throws at it.
Torquemada 1420

laurent wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:29 pm Frank Azéma is leaving Clermont for Montpellier

Sad really.

Montpellier is not a rugby town whatever amount of money Altrad throws at it.
Unbelievable. Montpellier is just anti-rugby. Why players like Rattez would go there is beyond me.
laurent

If you wanted to see Gabriel Lacroix on a rugby pitch again then sadly he just announced his retirement :(
Torquemada 1420

laurent wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:12 pm If you wanted to see Gabriel Lacroix on a rugby pitch again then sadly he just announced his retirement :(
Knee not recoverable? :|
laurent

Torquemada 1420 wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:57 pm
laurent wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:12 pm If you wanted to see Gabriel Lacroix on a rugby pitch again then sadly he just announced his retirement :(
Knee not recoverable? :|
That is what it looks like sadly
fishfoodie

What's the French take on what: "Future Ireland Coach", ROG, has brought to LR ?

Is he standing on the shoulders of giants; or has he brought something genuinely new to them; & they're now a better coached side ?
laurent

Too early to know.

La Rochelle as been doing well for a few years already.