The Official Scottish Rugby Thread

Where goats go to escape
Biffer

Just thought I’d get this in
And are there two g’s in Bugger Off?
Biffer

Mainly because I suspect the swarm sabotaged the last incarnation because they didn’t get theirs up first.....
npradmin
Site Admin

No that was totally down to my stupidity i am afraid. :(
Biffer

npradmin wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:47 pm No that was totally down to my stupidity i am afraid. :(
Nah, I think it was the Irish.
EnergiseR

I did it but as long as the Welsh thread is once again the 'Oficial Welsh Thread' I won't do it again
Yr Alban

Here we go again!
It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
npradmin
Site Admin

Yr Alban wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:44 pm Here we go again!
At least you got the name right this time :lol:
Yr Alban

npradmin wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:45 pm
Indeed. Had to re-do the avatar though, as earlier today they had to be 100x100 pixels, and now for some arcane reason they have to be 90x90.
It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
npradmin
Site Admin

Yr Alban wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:49 pm
npradmin wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:45 pm
Indeed. Had to re-do the avatar though, as earlier today they had to be 100x100 pixels, and now for some arcane reason they have to be 90x90.
Not anymore, size back where it was
Caley_Red

Was somehow purged overnight (along with any posts/ threads) but good to see it didn't take the thread long to be rebirthed.

Given the 24 hours between this place being created (or at least advertised on the old board) and the old PR supernova, going to be a lot of people stuck in the ether, not knowing about this board and no longer able to view the url posted in the old board. Good to see that most of this thread appears to have reemerged. :D
And on the 7th day, the Lord said "Let there be Finn Russell".
Northern Lights

So that's me here, just as well i popped into PR yesterday and saw the news about the lifeboat. Reckon we will lose a few as they wont know about this place, hidden away on the web in an even smaller corner than PR.

Ah well better than nothing i suppose
clydecloggie

Back again as well, after getting purged last night :x

Managed to get back into the PR Bored one last time to save the avatar pic. Ready to continue as if nothing has changed.

Reports this morning that there will be a tournament involving the 6N, Japan and Fiji in two groups of four at the end of this year, but there is apparently already a clash with the English Premiership final. Good to see that pro rugby will just go back to business as usual then.
Biffer

Northern Lights wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:41 am So that's me here, just as well i popped into PR yesterday and saw the news about the lifeboat. Reckon we will lose a few as they wont know about this place, hidden away on the web in an even smaller corner than PR.

Ah well better than nothing i suppose
All depends who we lose - there are a few from the old bored I wouldn't mind seeing the back of. Not any of our Scottish posters, hope we all made it. If there are notable absentees we might be able to contact some of them through the Glasgow or Edinburgh boards.
robmatic

clydecloggie wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:13 am Back again as well, after getting purged last night :x

Managed to get back into the PR Bored one last time to save the avatar pic. Ready to continue as if nothing has changed.

Reports this morning that there will be a tournament involving the 6N, Japan and Fiji in two groups of four at the end of this year, but there is apparently already a clash with the English Premiership final. Good to see that pro rugby will just go back to business as usual then.
Reminds me how excited I was about Scotland playing Wales in the November tests.

Based on the current rankings, that would be something like an away game at Twickers and France and Japan at Murrayfield.
Slick

Made it... My first username got deleted so has taken a while.

Ex slick.
All the money you made will never buy back your soul
ASMO

Sir Walter wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:12 pm Made it... My first username got deleted so has taken a while.

Ex slick.
If you want slick back i can make that dream come true, i dont think anyone else has taken it.
Slick

ASMO wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:16 pm
Sir Walter wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:12 pm Made it... My first username got deleted so has taken a while.

Ex slick.
If you want slick back i can make that dream come true, i dont think anyone else has taken it.
Thanks mate, I'd actually changed it to Aonach Eagach but I keep having to google the spelling so i'll just stick
S/Lt_Phillips

Trying again! Afternoon all.
Left hand down a bit
And 1 guest

I used to be Sir Finlay of Calder on PR but just lurked in dismal silence the last few years.
Jock42

I'm sure you can work out my old name.
dkm57

Thank f*ck couldn't find anyway of getting onto PR so had to just lurk for a couple of years. Glad (I think) to be able to make contact at loooong last.

My old club comes under the weegie area so put me down as a weegie supporter, but very glad to see the embuggers going well before the lockdown.

Looking forward to the 1872 double header.
Caley_Red

I think the shut-down of PR appears to have enhanced our small community's numbers :D
clydecloggie

We still need the likes of topofthemoongw, Dargotron, and of course the unlucky frillage here once he gets out of hospital.

but good solid start from the Scots anyway.
And 1 guest

Any chance of jrp coming out of retirement?
ASMO

Caley_Red wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:02 am I think the shut-down of PR appears to have enhanced our small community's numbers :D
McSwarm?
Slick

ASMO wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:13 am
Caley_Red wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:02 am I think the shut-down of PR appears to have enhanced our small community's numbers :D
McSwarm?
The Midges
Slick

robmatic wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:58 pm
clydecloggie wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:13 am Back again as well, after getting purged last night :x

Reminds me how excited I was about Scotland playing Wales in the November tests.

Based on the current rankings, that would be something like an away game at Twickers and France and Japan at Murrayfield.
I don't know, I could get into this if it absolutely, definitely a one off. The worry is of course this is changing things by the back door. Would also be a shame to have something like this for Japan and Fiji but have no crowds.
Jock42

So are they playing this 6N+ then a couple of months later playing the 6N proper?
I like neeps

Anyone know much about the new academy lads/who to keep an eye on? Did weegie move across? He always had some good insight.

https://www.scottishrugby.org/news/fosr ... onal-teams
Jock42

I like neeps wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:01 am Anyone know much about the new academy lads/who to keep an eye on? Did weegie move across? He always had some good insight.

Yeah I noticed a few if the bios didn't even include their position
Biffer

ASMO wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:13 am
McSwarm?
More of a midge cloud
dkm57

I like the way the game is heading in Scotland, who knows maybe in a couple of years we can end the annual battle with Italy for the wooden spoon and be in with a realistic chance in the 6N.

Has TOTM joined up on here yet?
Biffer

dkm57 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:02 am I like the way the game is heading in Scotland, who knows maybe in a couple of years we can end the annual battle with Italy for the wooden spoon and be in with a realistic chance in the 6N.

Has TOTM joined up on here yet?
We've won 9 of our last 19 6Nations game, plus one draw. I was really up for the Wales game, I thought we had a better chance down there than we've had in a long time as we were gaining momentum and they looked dogshit. It had the potential to be a corner turner for the national team. But we can pick it up and do it again.
Begbie

I like neeps wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:01 am Anyone know much about the new academy lads/who to keep an eye on? Did weegie move across? He always had some good insight.

Alex Shaw reckons we've got a couple of good ones with Muncaster and Melville.
So I squares up, casual like.
Caley_Red

This Sydney Uni lad has always been a bit of a mystery to me, presumably SQ through parents? Sydney Uni are a decent team in the Shute Shield- which is the stage below Super here.
Begbie

Dicko has just been appointed scrum coach for Bristol.

@BristolBears We are delighted to confirm the arrival of @Ali_Dickinson as the club’s new Scrum Coach on a three year deal.
So I squares up, casual like.
MoreOrLess

Since all the other lurkers seem to be outing themselves....

North east via Glasgow so I'd favour the Weegies at Christmas time. Grand total of 10 posts on PR (although naturally each one was solid gold) and I plan to continue that level of contribution here.
Caley_Red

Think we're poised to surpass the Welsh contingent at this rate.

Still missing TOTM, Edinburgh01, Drago, Alba and Frillage, I think?
vball

Doddie is 50 this week. Good on him. I will certainly raise a glass or two to him.
Romans said ....Illegitimi non carborundum --- Today we say .. WTF
walletoraccess

another addition to the midge cloud