Saffers

Where goats go to escape
Blake

Sards wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:20 pm A nice story. Someone we know brought a bloke from Zimbabwe to South Africa to help him in his business here. But treated him very badly. Wouldn't pay him a salary. Paid his daughters school fees etc. And gave him pocket money. So not strictly any kind of salary or wage. And it's manipulation. Anyway. It folded and we took him in. The wife and I. In our business. He worked his way into being my right hand and we set him up in a safe home...the conditions his daughter lived in and went to school in were shocking....and made sure he had all the necessary stuff to educate his daughter, cell phone, laptop, internet etc. and made him take control over his own finances. Anyway enough regarding the details. The dad pushed his daughter through junior school, high school and into online university. Paying for it all himself. Yesterday she left for Germany on a study bursary in robotics for 2 years. She is going to attend Dubai where she entered a competition and is currently in the top 3. How proud does that make the dad.
Well done to all of you!
An good luck to the girl.
OomStruisbaai

Find a massive pofadder in my garden. Wanted to knock off its head with a spade but my son (study nature conservation) stop me. So he help me to catch it in a drum and let it free in the veld again.
Sandstorm

OomStruisbaai wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:43 pm Find a massive pofadder in my garden. Wanted to knock off its head with a spade but my son (study nature conservation) stop me. So he help me to catch it in a drum and let it free in the veld again.
Good lad, snakes are great
OomStruisbaai

Sandstorm wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:47 pm
OomStruisbaai wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:43 pm Find a massive pofadder in my garden. Wanted to knock off its head with a spade but my son (study nature conservation) stop me. So he help me to catch it in a drum and let it free in the veld again.
Good lad, snakes are great
Use to have a cat but had to put her down after she had leukemia after bosluiskoors. This pofadder would had kill her. He is a big fucker.
assfly

Glad your son intervened. Way too many snakes are killed unnecessarily. They're great for rodent control, and beautiful creatures too! I've got loads of brown house snakes and green battersby snakes in my garden.

The Cape has a ridiculous amount of snakes. Especially up by Melkbos and further north. Keep your shoes on when jy gaan loop.
OomStruisbaai

Lots of them and skilpaaie at the southern tip of Africa. We also have Wetlands around. After the recent floods its extra wet.

https://nuwejaars.com/

My son work there once a week.
OomStruisbaai

After the floods our beaches are a mess. You got dead sheep, and lots of karp (fresh water fish) extra
Sandstorm

assfly wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:58 pm The Cape has a ridiculous amount of snakes. Especially up by Melkbos and further north. Keep your shoes on when jy gaan loop.
Mate, you should see how many snakes there are in Durban!
assfly

Sandstorm wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:11 pm Mate, you should see how many snakes there are in Durban!
Ja true. There's a guy who has his own TV show isn't there?

Not a good city to be a mouse.
Sandstorm

assfly wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:13 pm
Sandstorm wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:11 pm Mate, you should see how many snakes there are in Durban!

LoveOfTheGame

Sandstorm wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:16 pm

The guy has balls of steel. The way he sometimes goes into shacks or storerooms and starts digging around for black mamba's is just insane.
OomStruisbaai

LoveOfTheGame wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:46 pm

The guy has balls of steel. The way he sometimes goes into shacks or storerooms and starts digging around for black mamba's is just insane.
The girl look like enjoying playing with two snakes.
Sards

My youngest and wife watch that show. The woman gets on my nerves. So shrill....at least in the early shows. Don't know now. Give me a good old Unexplained mysteries to get to sleep. That monotonous voice
assfly

Sards wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:41 pm Give me a good old Unexplained mysteries to get to sleep.
Just watch highlights of the $harks seasons gone by.
LoveOfTheGame

assfly wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:45 am
Sards wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:41 pm Give me a good old Unexplained mysteries to get to sleep.
:lolno:
Sards

assfly wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:45 am
:lol:
troglodiet

Durban is definitely snake territory, especially Durban West to Pinetown. I've seen some pretty large black and green mamba, Mozambique Spitting Cobra and of course African Rock pythons being caught in that area, as well as less venomous snake like Night Adders and gazillions of Herald and Natal green snake.

My son is a huge reptile fan, and since he's with us he's drawn his dad into the hobby as well. My house is already starting to look like a zoo, with 2 pythons, 1 boa, 1 leopard Gecko, 2 tenrecs and about 8 tarantulas in our house. The cute tenrecs have a nasty bite though, but they're the only animals who surprise us with unexpected f..... sore bytes.

The guy in the picture is an asshole (I've met him once plus the way he operates). Not as glamorous but certainly more educational and a super nice guy, is Jason Arnold. He has a great YouTube channel. Either him or Dingo Dinleman, owner of the reptile zoo outside Scottburgh. Dingo tries too hard to sound like Steve Irwin in his videos, great personality in real life though.
OomStruisbaai

Whisper: something happens with load shedding. :cool:
Chilli

This is a reality TV show where most of the call outs are set ups with his own snakes which are used to being handled and have had the venom milked.

Its like Master Chef, mostly just a set up for TV.
Chilli

troglodiet wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:39 pm

Durban is definitely snake territory, especially Durban West to Pinetown. I've seen some pretty large black and green mamba, Mozambique Spitting Cobra and of course African Rock pythons being caught in that area, as well as less venomous snake like Night Adders and gazillions of Herald and Natal green snake.

My son is a huge reptile fan, and since he's with us he's drawn his dad into the hobby as well. My house is already starting to look like a zoo, with 2 pythons, 1 boa, 1 leopard Gecko, 2 tenrecs and about 8 tarantulas in our house. The cute tenrecs have a nasty bite though, but they're the only animals who surprise us with unexpected f..... sore bytes.

The guy in the picture is an asshole (I've met him once plus the way he operates). Not as glamorous but certainly more educational and a super nice guy, is Jason Arnold. He has a great YouTube channel. Either him or Dingo Dinleman, owner of the reptile zoo outside Scottburgh. Dingo tries too hard to sound like Steve Irwin in his videos, great personality in real life though.
Nick Evans is also a good bloke.
He does a lot of work with the researches.
OomStruisbaai

Chilli wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:28 am

This is a reality TV show where most of the call outs are set ups with his own snakes which are used to being handled and have had the venom milked.

:lol: I havent watched this. Maybe should.
LoveOfTheGame

Chilli wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:28 am

Makes sense I guess, off the playlist it goes.
troglodiet

Chilli wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:31 am
troglodiet wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:39 pm

Nick Evans is also a good bloke.
He does a lot of work with the researches.

100%

Not sure how I forgot to mention Nick.
OomStruisbaai

Ramaphosa will give us a public holiday if the Bokke won the WC. I think we have enough already
Sards

For the men , the Prostrate issue is the same as what the women have to deal with , with breast cancer.....it can happen to anyone irrespective...Cancer is a real bitch.

My first scare was many years ago and I ended up having probes stuck up me and it was a very traumatic experience for me. Very very. I was cleared but my PSA levels have kept increasing to around 19 levels , but also drop off to 16.5 etc.
I did not want to go for tests and decided that I would just live with it and what ever happened would happen. I have had a blessed life so I really do not have any bucket lists that need to be completed and I did not want to become a burden on my family in old age. I can't imagine anything worse. So I just ignored it. The symptoms were there and I just learned to work around them.

Then came the insurances......I needed to increase my cover and it required medicals....
You have no clue how thoroughly they go through your medicals......high blood pressure...which I have had since my 30s. And still no impact on my life. And then they picked up my PSA......which required an investigation.....

It was a battle with my wife. I really wasn't interested in going through that whole drama. A mate went through it and for 2 years he looked and felt like shit......

I agreed that after my 60th which I decided to go all in and have a great bash...I would go. The wife kept me to my word and dragged me for the test yesterday.

The doc was great , really calming me down knowing that he might have to deliver me some bad news.....after going through all the symptoms he got me to lie down and did a scan.

My prostrate is 159mm in girth. He said it was the second biggest prostrate he had seen and that I am a stud......and no cancer. So now we are going to take medication to reduce the Prostrate size and everything else will return to normal..........

You have no vokken idea how relieved I am.
Last edited by Sards on Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gumboot

Great news, boet! I would post a thumbs up but you're probably over those!
Sandstorm

Good news Sard. :thumbup:
Chilli

$ards the $harks $tud!
_Os_

Good to hear Sardy. :thumbup:
Calculon

Sards wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:12 am

My prostrate is 159mm in girth. He said it was the second biggest prostrate he had seen and that I am a stud......and no cancer. So now we are going to take medication to reduce the Prostrate size and everything else will return to normal..........

You have no vokken idea how relieved I am.
Great news, did he stick his finger up your bumhole?
LoveOfTheGame

That's awesome news Sards! :thumbup:
Sandstorm

Sards wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:12 am So now we are going to take medication to reduce the Prostrate size
Will you get a patch, pill or gel to rub on, sweetie? :wink:
OomStruisbaai

Great news Sards. We take health for granted.
assfly

Calculon wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:05 am Great news, did he stick his finger up your bumhole?
Finger? Sounds like he could have parked his car there.
Sards

assfly wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:03 am
Calculon wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:05 am Great news, did he stick his finger up your bumhole?
Finger? Sounds like he could have parked his car there.
When he did I said ....." vok that's not nice..."

He said...." how do you think I feel...."

:lolno:

Ja thanks guys......

I feel like a huge weight has been lifted and feel alive again.....I even told my kids yesterday that if they are thinking of inheritence....thay are going to wait a lot longer....... :lolno:

Ja......driving to work this morning was great. you just cant knock Sards down. he is a survivor
Sards

Sandstorm wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:43 am
Sards wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:12 am So now we are going to take medication to reduce the Prostrate size
2 meds...one reduces the size of the postrate.....the other relaxes the muscles around that area so I can piss easily again ......... probably a 6 month commitment. Another 2 pills to add to my 3 I already take. For blood pressure , gout and an energy booster.
OomStruisbaai

Sards wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 6:44 am
Sandstorm wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:43 am
2 meds...one reduces the size of the postrate.....the other relaxes the muscles around that area so I can piss easily again ......... probably a 6 month commitment. Another 2 pills to add to my 3 I already take. For blood pressure , gout and an energy booster.
Bul pille?
troglodiet

What a great period for South Africa...

4th RWC title.

Julius calls for the removal of the Bok emblem and the whole country tells him to STFU.

I leave the best for last..... Quietly returning to the shelves....

AND

My breakfast this morning.. Unknown quantity of white toast with Wedwo.

Because everything I love smells like Wedwo.
Chilli

troglodiet wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:59 am What a great period for South Africa...

4th RWC title.

Julius calls for the removal of the Bok emblem and the whole country tells him to STFU.

I leave the best for last..... Quietly returning to the shelves....

AND

My breakfast this morning.. Unknown quantity of white toast with Wedwo.

Because everything I love smells like Wedwo.
$harks supporter?
Insane_Homer

Guys, can we start a collection of our armbands and ship them to NZ?
“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true.”