Stop voting for fucking Tories

Where goats go to escape
C69

Uncle fester wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:50 pm
C69 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:18 am Rayner to step down if found guilty of a crime.
Whilst I personally dislike Rayner, if she is found to have no case to answer then this may really bite the Tories in the arse.
Hopefully this distraction is sorted quickly.
It all seems quite vindictive and petty tbh but hey this is going to get very dirty.
Police weren't going to charge her until tories kicked up a fuss?
I suspect it's going to be like this plus a culture war ad nauseum.
dpedin

C69 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:32 pm
Uncle fester wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:50 pm
C69 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:18 am Rayner to step down if found guilty of a crime.
Whilst I personally dislike Rayner, if she is found to have no case to answer then this may really bite the Tories in the arse.
It all seems quite vindictive and petty tbh but hey this is going to get very dirty.
Police weren't going to charge her until tories kicked up a fuss?
I suspect it's going to be like this plus a culture war ad nauseum.
Opening a Pandoras box with this one! I imagine there are a few Tory MPs etc sleeping slightly uneasily tonight as their Party decide to pursue this. Tory HQ must have done the sums and reckoned trying to get rid of Rayner is worth losing a few more MPs for? Problem the tories have in going this low is that they bump into all their colleagues down in the quagmire of shit they want to plumb. I. suspect this will come back and bite them on the bum.
sockwithaticket

Yeah, if you go digging, I wonder how many Tories might also be owing tax for various things.

The contrast in how the client press are handling this and Zahawi's multi-million pound tax snafu is night and day.

HIlarious head and strap line in the Guardian today:
Senior Tories fear Johnson and Truss will sabotage Sunak’s election campaign

Concerns that vicious circle of party ill-discipline is undermining the PM’s ability to restore order
Sunak's been doing a grand enough job of undermining himself. Johnson and Truss don't need to do a thing.
C69

Truss' book out next week.
The Tories warfare and divisions will be a sight to behold
Surely the Police will resolve the Rayner thing very quickly, you would have thought Starmer knows exactly where this is going.
I suspect the die has been cast now and shit loads of crap from years onis going to resurface.
IDS on TV earlier said this really is not a path the Tories should be going down. Very different to the tone of Shaps.
If it comes to nought then Rayner will laud it like the Red Working Class queen and milk the posh Tory attacks.
It could be a very dangerous game.
Ymx

Ginger growler rumour update

Ymx

Why is it a police matter rather than HMRC ?

Is this because they are pursuing her for electoral register fraud, rather than tax evasion? Or do the HMRC sometimes use the police to investigate?
Tichtheid

Leak reveals Tory plan to cut cold weather cash for disabled people

https://www.theguardian.com/society/202 ... led-people
Ymx

He joined Angela Rayner's team as a volunteer in 2013, helping her win the Ashton-under-Lyne seat at the 2015 General Election, before subsequently joining her staff.

As her SpAd, he was responsible for all media liaison, speech writing, op-eds and providing strategic communications advice. It's no coincidence that Mrs Rayner soon became a prominent Labour front-bencher.

They parted company in August 2017 - "the worst year of my life, but mainly for personal reasons", he now recalls.

Matt left the Labour Party in 2018 in disgust at the prevalent anti-semitism within Labour's ranks - his father served with British forces who had liberated Bergen-Belsen in 1945 and the graphic accounts of what they witnessed have had an enduring impact on Matt's values and beliefs.
C69

Ymx wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:24 am Why is it a police matter rather than HMRC ?

Is this because they are pursuing her for electoral register fraud, rather than tax evasion? Or do the HMRC sometimes use the police to investigate?
I think it's the electoral issue. I did hear that if this is to be pursued then it should be done within a year.
However let's get it done and dusted, if she is guilty then she is toast and her political career is over.
If not then it's going to be very spicy.
I think the gloves are off and it's going to be carnage.
petej

Ymx wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:28 am
He joined Angela Rayner's team as a volunteer in 2013, helping her win the Ashton-under-Lyne seat at the 2015 General Election, before subsequently joining her staff.

As her SpAd, he was responsible for all media liaison, speech writing, op-eds and providing strategic communications advice. It's no coincidence that Mrs Rayner soon became a prominent Labour front-bencher.

They parted company in August 2017 - "the worst year of my life, but mainly for personal reasons", he now recalls.

Matt left the Labour Party in 2018 in disgust at the prevalent anti-semitism within Labour's ranks - his father served with British forces who had liberated Bergen-Belsen in 1945 and the graphic accounts of what they witnessed have had an enduring impact on Matt's values and beliefs.
The mail with its own history and the owners family should really avoid anything about Nazis and WW2. Going further it is well known that the non-dom owners of the mail predominantly reside in Surrey not France. The rules really don't apply to the elite.

As for the police rather than the HMC. I would guess that is due to political pressure.
SaintK

Ex-employee.........no axe to grind there then?
Daily Mail will have paid well for the quotes.
Tichtheid

SaintK wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:13 am

Ex-employee.........no axe to grind there then?
Daily Mail will have paid well for the quotes.

Ex-employee who settled on an unfair dismissal claim
tabascoboy

C69 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:30 am
Ymx wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:24 am Why is it a police matter rather than HMRC ?

I think it's the electoral issue. I did hear that if this is to be pursued then it should be done within a year.
However let's get it done and dusted, if she is guilty then she is toast and her political career is over.
If not then it's going to be very spicy.
I think the gloves are off and it's going to be carnage.
And if she is guilty it will still be very spicy, no reason for Labour to hold back on Tory/Reform suspects of alleged wrong-doing - only unluckily for them they don't have a tame media support base to put the boot in on their behalf
I like neeps

Imagine how much better UK society would be if the mail were so relentless in exposing every tax cheat, not just the labour ones.
sockwithaticket

I like neeps wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:16 pm Imagine how much better UK society would be if the mail were so relentless in exposing every tax cheat, not just the labour ones.
Even saying she's a Labour tax cheat is giving the mail too much credit and playing into their narrative. The News Agents had some apparent expert on and he went through the whole thing pointing out, with a bunch of caveats around circumstances, that there's anything between no case to answer and £1500 owed.

I've no doubt Labour probably do have some egregious offenders in their ranks, though I'd imagine it's the likes of Mandelson rather than Creasy, but the Mail are going after Rayner because of her prominent position in the party and because, at heart, the right wing is still pretty mysoginistic.
dpedin

As the motto goes 'Never shit on your own doorstep' yet the tories are happy to commit hari kari by shitting big style on their own doorstep! Mad. Why make tax evasion and electoral fraud as the issues given their own shitfest of both? They really are scraping the bottom of the barrel with this one.

Starmer is a pretty bright lawyer and will know exactly where he stands on all of this, he might also be not too unhappy if he has to replace Rayner as his Deputy. I imagine he sees this as a possible win:win situation plus the tories have opened the door to all sorts of dirt on Tory MPs, funders and supporters going public. However I suspect the Wragg honey trap situation with possibly Ministers implicated is the reason for this major dead cat/suicide wish.
I like neeps

sockwithaticket wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:32 pm
I like neeps wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:16 pm Imagine how much better UK society would be if the mail were so relentless in exposing every tax cheat, not just the labour ones.
Even saying she's a Labour tax cheat is giving the mail too much credit and playing into their narrative. The News Agents had some apparent expert on and he went through the whole thing pointing out, with a bunch of caveats around circumstances, that there's anything between no case to answer and £1500 owed.

I've no doubt Labour probably do have some egregious offenders in their ranks, though I'd imagine it's the likes of Mandelson rather than Creasy, but the Mail are going after Rayner because of her prominent position in the party and because, at heart, the right wing is still pretty mysoginistic.
Ah fair, I assumed she'd done something because her defence from the leadership has been so erratic.
I like neeps

dpedin wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:50 pm As the motto goes 'Never shit on your own doorstep' yet the tories are happy to commit hari kari by shitting big style on their own doorstep! Mad. Why make tax evasion and electoral fraud as the issues given their own shitfest of both? They really are scraping the bottom of the barrel with this one.

Starmer is a pretty bright lawyer and will know exactly where he stands on all of this, he might also be not too unhappy if he has to replace Rayner as his Deputy. I imagine he sees this as a possible win:win situation plus the tories have opened the door to all sorts of dirt on Tory MPs, funders and supporters going public. However I suspect the Wragg honey trap situation with possibly Ministers implicated is the reason for this major dead cat/suicide wish.
To make a stink of tax evasion/fraud whatever you need to have a complaint press of attack dogs.

Starmer won't get cut through because the press won't publish it. Sadly.
Ymx

petej wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:46 am

The mail with its own history and the owners family should really avoid anything about Nazis and WW2. Going further it is well known that the non-dom owners of the mail predominantly reside in Surrey not France. The rules really don't apply to the elite.

As for the police rather than the HMC. I would guess that is due to political pressure.
That’s not from the mail - it’s from his own Bio
Biffer

Ymx wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:53 pm

So the bit you put in a quote isn’t a quote.
And are there two g’s in Bugger Off?
Ymx

Biffer wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:12 pm

It was an excerpt from the www, which we usually place in quotes.

Got it ?!! Or are you struggling still.

Here is the link if this helps you struggle less
https://www.amazon.co.uk/stores/author/B07RYYTL1P/about
Biffer

Ymx wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:09 pm

So you point to a Mail story then put a quote in from a different, unlinked source.

Pretty typical right wing loon misdirection.
And are there two g’s in Bugger Off?
Ymx

Biffer wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:26 pm
Ymx wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 5:09 pm

So you point to a Mail story then put a quote in from a different, unlinked source.

Pretty typical right wing loon misdirection.
Yes, I appreciate it might have been confusing up until the bit where I clarified it was from his bio and not the mail.

But why it still confused you after that is a mystery to me.
C69

Ymx FFS
Camroc2

Serious question.

Since when do the police get involved in what is essentially a revenue matter ?

Certainly in Ireland the revenue have far more powerful investigative powers than the police do, and if they think you've been economical with the truth in your return, will go through you like a dose of salts to get their money plus usurious interest plus penalties, and hand you broken and broke to the police afterwards.
C69

Camroc2 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:40 pm
Serious question.

Certainly in Ireland the revenue have far more powerful investigative powers than the police do, and if they think you've been economical with the truth in your return, will go through you like a dose of salts to get their money plus usurious interest plus penalties, and hand you broken and broke to the police afterwards.
This is slightly different, it's related to electoral issues not the tax. Did she register her correct address for electoral issues.
It's quite pathetic really.
Tichtheid

C69 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:08 am
Serious question.

This is slightly different, it's related to electoral issues not the tax. Did she register her correct address for electoral issues.

That’s the thing, they are about eight years too late in being able to bring about any prosecution, the police must know that, so why are they pursuing this?
dpedin

Tichtheid wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:35 am

Serious question.

That’s the thing, they are about eight years too late in being able to bring about any prosecution, the police must know that, so why are they pursuing this?
Polis leant on by Tory politicians and take easiest route ie do what they are told and 'launch' an enquiry and then in a couple of weeks quietly drop it saying nothing to see here. Meanwhile news agenda will have moved on and damage will have been done by Mail, Express, etc and some folk will actually believe she had committed a crime. A few months down the road and the Chief Constable or whatever they are called get their gong in the next honours list. It is how it works folks.
Lobby

Serious question.

They're looking into it because the Deputy Chair of the Tory Party complained to them when they originally said there was nothing to investigate.

At the moment, as I understand it, they are examining the information he has said they have to look at (electoral rolls etc) to determine "whether any offences have been committed". The Tory press and their client journalists and commentators like Dan Hodges are presenting this as if Rayner is definitely guilty and is about to be arrested, but the likelihood is that the police will eventually say that no offences have been committed. Its like the orchestrated beer and pizza allegations about Starmer all over again.
sturginho

Lobby wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:20 am

They're looking into it because the Deputy Chair of the Tory Party complained to them when they originally said there was nothing to investigate.

At the moment, as I understand it, they are examining the information he has said they have to look at (electoral rolls etc) to determine "whether any offences have been committed". The Tory press and their client journalists and commentators like Dan Hodges are presenting this as if Rayner is definitely guilty and is about to be arrested, but the likelihood is that the police will eventually say that no offences have been committed. Its like the orchestrated beer and pizza allegations about Starmer all over again.
And on TV he couldn't say what offence he thinks she has committed that he wanted the police to look into :bimbo:
robmatic

Lobby wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:20 am

I turned on the BBC news yesterday or the day before and this story was getting an inordinate amount of airtime for what must be a relatively minor issue in the grand scale of MP misbehaviour. Mission accomplished.
tabascoboy

I guess money is no object here now, given the amounts already squandered ( several billion £ so far has to be committed? ) as they want to extend the scheme to other "safe" nations...
MPs reject Lords amendments to Rwanda bill

MPs have rejected all changes to the Rwanda bill made in the House of Lords in an ongoing parliamentary stand-off. The much-debated bill will now return to the upper chamber for further scrutiny on Tuesday.

It comes as reports suggest the UK held talks with other countries, including Armenia, about replicating the scheme.

The plan to send some asylum seekers to Rwanda has faced setbacks since it was first announced in April 2022 by Boris Johnson's government. The bill, which declares Rwanda safe, is likely to pass this week - with the government majority meaning any further amendments made by peers should be overturned. It will not become law until both Commons and Lords agree on the final wording, a process known as parliamentary ping-pong.

It will now returns to the Lords, where peers are set to review it on Tuesday - possibly making additional changes that could extend the parliamentary disputes.

In the vote on Monday, MPs rejected six amendments, one of which would have granted a removal exemption for people who had supported the UK's armed forces overseas. The government also rejected calls to exempt victims of modern slavery from the Rwanda scheme, instead proposing its own amendment that would provide an annual report on the impact of the policy on victims, which then passed.

As reported in the Times, internal government documents show Costa Rica, Ivory Coast and Armenia have been considered as options for similar schemes, if Rwanda proves successful.

The BBC has seen some of the documents, which are from several months ago, and understands the list is accurate.

The early stage plans are described by sources as in a "holding pattern", with other countries keen to see if the Rwanda plan actually gets going before trying anything similar themselves.

Other African nations, including Morocco, Tunisia, Namibia and Gambia, "explicitly declined" to enter technical discussions, according to the Times.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68815191
SaintK

I can guarantee what his next Torygraph column will be about :lol:
Shame we won't get to hear what that nice Suella Braverman had to say later this afternoon!
[media] [/media]
Tichtheid

SaintK wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:49 am I can guarantee what his next Torygraph column will be about :lol:
Shame we won't get to hear what that nice Suella Braverman had to say later this afternoon!
[media] [/media]

Apparently the police have left without shutting it down.

I despise that man for the damage he has done to the UK but this kind of thing plays right into his hands and he will milk it for all its worth.
Tichtheid

GB News, "What do you make of the Mayor of Brussels shutting down #NatConBrussels2 where Nigel Farage and Suella Braverman were speaking at?"

Jonathan Ashworth, "I'm a champion of free speech.. But I am surprised that Suella Braverman is a speaker there because some of the speakers have unsavoury views and I'm surprised Rishi Sunak has let her speak there"
@JonAshworth

GB News, "Why on earth because there is one unsavoury character should someone not be free to go and speak"

Jonathan Ashworth does a quick google, "One speaker is under investigation for right wing extremism. Another speaker argued that Christchurch mosque shooter had legitimate concerns. Another speaker argued gay marriage is a destructive experiment. There's a parade of extremist characters associated with this conference. So I'm surprised Rishi Sunak hasn't blocked Braverman from speaking at it"

GB News presenters don't know what to say so change the subject

sturginho

Sunak going low at PMQs on Rayner, but still they can't say what exactly they think she's done:

"I asked them to look into certain matters regarding certain things" seems like a really solid foundation for a police investigation
SaintK

sturginho wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:40 pm Sunak going low at PMQs on Rayner, but still they can't say what exactly they think she's done:

"I asked them to look into certain matters regarding certain things" seems like a really solid foundation for a police investigation
Won't repeat the allegations outside the Commons because of Parliamentary Priviledge?
Comes over as a proper cunt and a half!!
epwc

SaintK wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:04 pmComes over as a proper cunt and a half!!
I think that's the general qualification for being a Tory now, anyone halfway decent has been purged or left of their own volition.
Tichtheid

The Times seems to have found a way to stop their articles being read on archive sites, so the only part I can see of former Tory MP Mathew Parris' article is this

"The hounding of Angela Rayner is outrageous: brutal, snobbish and completely out of proportion to any mistake she may (or may not) have made."
SaintK

Tichtheid wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:21 pm The Times seems to have found a way to stop their articles being read on archive sites, so the only part I can see of former Tory MP Mathew Parris' article is this

"The hounding of Angela Rayner is outrageous: brutal, snobbish and completely out of proportion to any mistake she may (or may not) have made."