RWC Final : New Zealand vs South Africa - Sat 28th @ 20.00 BST

Where goats go to escape
Bloutoria

assfly wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:59 am Take it wasy lads. It's been good banter so far.

Both sides have got plenty of shit to throw at each other, but let's rather focus on our wonderful history and tradition and look forward to a great game.
:clap:
I commit to this. Respect to NZ and Ref from me.
Grandpa

Blake wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:28 am
assfly wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:15 am Duane's last game as a Bok :cry:

Apart from Whitelock, are there any All Blacks where it's their last game?
A couple or leaving for Japan which will make them ineligable for the All Blacks until they return.

But I think Aaron Smith is also retiring after this match along with Whitelock.
Last All Blacks game...

Dane Coles (Though not picked for final)
Retallick
Whitelock
Frizell
Cane (I don't think he'll feature under Razor)
Smith
Mounga (3 years in Japan)
Beaudan Barrett
Nepo Laulala
Ofa
Leicester F
Ardie Savea (Japan for a sabbatical)

So a new start next year...
assfly

Yikes, I didn't know it was that bad.

That's enough to get the emotional energy very high for the All Blacks.
Jethro

assfly wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:45 am Yikes, I didn't know it was that bad.

That's enough to get the emotional energy very high for the All Blacks.
Hey regardless of result I'm cheering Fozzie moving on to better things :bimbo:

Oh sorry, the Bokke are poo poo bum heads, yeah bringing the big banter already Boet :think:

Fingers crossed we get a classic game, even with weather :clap:
Ymx

assfly

Dan du Preez has lost some weight.
Sards

assfly wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:30 am
Blake wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:26 am The last 2 weeks have been rough man. Productivity levels at record lows for me.
I expected a QF final against France/NZ so wasn't too fussed into the lead up to that match.

But getting through by the skin of our teeth got us into territoty I hadn't mentally and emotionally prepared myself for.
I've been so distracted with this euphoria, buildup, tension, euphoria, buildup cycle. I'm ready for this to be overwith man.

Just hope it ends with euphoria again and not with gutrenching disappointment.
Yes I also question how much emotional energy I have put into this. I've actually been neglecting so many other things for the last month.

In a weird way, I'll be glad when it's over.
Thankfully its season for us so pumping along. Still semi retired. Half day.
OomStruisbaai

I am relax now. Pollie will do it.
OomStruisbaai

Guy Smiley wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:47 am
OomStruisbaai wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:22 pm
Spoiler
Show
Ymx wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:29 pm
But some supporters took it way too far, as Bebo profiles were created by hundreds of All Blacks fans and he was sent personal abuse and vile death threats, with posts including mock obituaries of the official and calls for him to be "shot by a sniper".
You lot starts this shite, so try something new.
Pieter van Zyl was yesterday convicted of assaulting David McHugh, the Irish referee he put out of the Tri-Nations match between South Africa and New Zealand at King's Park on August 10.

The beefy Potchefstroom businessman's tackle when he invaded the pitch looked innocuous, but McHugh's shoulder was dislocated as stunned players tried frantically to separate the pair.

That was Van Zyl's defence against the original charge of assault with the intent to do grievous bodily harm. It was conducted not in open court but behind closed doors.

By the time Van Zyl appeared in front of the magistrate the charge was common assault. He pleaded guilty and was so found. Had the justice system's computers been up to scratch, and thus been able to establish whether Van Zyl had a criminal record, he would have been sentenced yesterday. Instead, all present will have to return on October 28.

Which, Van Zyl's beaming face hinted afterwards, would be no hardship for someone who seemed eager to grab more than his 15 minutes of fame.

"We're a little bit downhearted that it didn't end today, but I'll travel down 20 times if necessary to see justice done," Van Zyl, looking anything but downhearted, told the media, and confusing those who thought justice had already been done. "The public support I have received was overwhelming. I didn't expect it and it was heartening."

At which point Van Zyl's lawyer, Bertie Grobbelaar, glared at his client and drew a finger across his throat.
Fuck your trolling Oom.
Old material Guy.
Ymx

You said about who originally… ahhh it doesn’t matter you big hairy loon.

:lol: :lol:
Sards

Good luck to the ABs....the are going to need it... :thumbup:
OomStruisbaai

Ymx wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:36 am You said about who originally… ahhh it doesn’t matter you big hairy loon.

:lol: :lol:
Ja you Hill Billy.
:lol:
_Os_

Blake wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:26 am
assfly wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:25 am
Blake wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:22 am I don't know how I'm going to last 2 more days of this buildup.

My nerves are shot.
I'm having a fairly unproductive day at work.

Saturday is going to feel like a month.
The last 2 weeks have been rough man. Productivity levels at record lows for me.
I expected a QF final against France/NZ so wasn't too fussed into the lead up to that match.

But getting through by the skin of our teeth got us into territoty I hadn't mentally and emotionally prepared myself for.
I've been so distracted with this euphoria, buildup, tension, euphoria, buildup cycle. I'm ready for this to be overwith man.

Just hope it ends with euphoria again and not with gutrenching disappointment.
Is this why your tipping has been so poor chief?
_Os_

For the Boks maybe the biggest match since the 1995 final (hard to call, but it's in the shortlist). A lot of this team will not make it to the next RWC, RasNaber always said this match was the target and 2019 was a bonus. This is the match they aimed to peak in and what it has all been building towards.

RasNaber's planning looks good, they've built the most experienced team in Bok history, got to the final they aimed at, against an opponent they've improved the record against, and have a strategy in the 7/1 that is still a bit of question mark for opponents. There's no guarantee but it would been hard to do more.

Experienced Bok XVs:

2023 RWC final: 987 caps (most capped Bok starting XV, second place is the 2023 semi final side on 896 caps)
2019 RWC final: 694 caps
2015 RWC semi: 701 caps
2011 RWC quarter: 836 caps
2007 RWC final: 668 caps

RasNaber Boks v ABs:

W 2018, 36-34 Wellington
L 2018, 30-32 Loftus
D 2019, 16-16 Wellington
L 2019, 13-23 Yokohama
L 2021, 17-19 Townsville
W 2021, 31-29 Gold Coast
W 2022, 26-10 Nelspruit
L 2022, 23-35 Ellispark
L 2023, 20-35 Mount Smart
W 2023, 35-7 Twickenham
Last edited by _Os_ on Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
assfly

FFS I can't take many more of these

Bloutoria

https://twitter.com/i/status/1717862251686764850

Listen to his last words, will they turn up on Saturday?
Blake

_Os_ wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:45 am Is this why your tipping has been so poor chief?
Sure, let me blame it on that :lol:

It's been pretty kak hey.
I've forgotten to make a couple of picks in time, but for the most part they've just been shit.
But the broadcast times of the games have been horrible for me, so I hardly watched any of the matches ourside the Springbok ones; maybe 2 or 3.
LoveOfTheGame

Blake wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:37 pm
_Os_ wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:45 am Is this why your tipping has been so poor chief?
Sure, let me blame it on that :lol:

It's been pretty kak hey.
I've forgotten to make a couple of picks in time, but for the most part they've just been shit.
But the broadcast times of the games have been horrible for me, so I hardly watched any of the matches ourside the Springbok ones; maybe 2 or 3.
21h00 kick offs suck balls. Especially when we had Sunday night games.
Guy Smiley

I’m on nightshift this week. I’ll be home in time to watch the game.

We’re in for a treat… let’s just sit back and enjoy it lads👍
OomStruisbaai

Boer throw out feed for blue wilde beest to send this message for the Bokke.
https://i.postimg.cc/Cxb6F0Vq/54542823- ... 6b292e.jpg

Enzedder

Pinched this from a Boer on Stalkbook
“This year’s Rugby World Cup Final will take place on Saturday between the rampant All Blacks and their traditional rivals, the Springboks.

The All Blacks stormed into yet another final with a try-fest as their star winger, and tournament-leading try scorer, ran in a hat trick of tries against their hapless opposition.

The Springboks, however, narrowly scraped through their rain-drenched semi-final, with a lone try ultimately deciding the result. Unconvincing at times throughout the tournament, the Springboks face a mighty challenge in trying to stop their much-favoured opponents this weekend.”

PS reading this you might think that they were talking about the RWC this year. This is about the 1995 Rugby World Cup…

Bizarre how history can repeat itself so accurately.
I drink and I forget things.
OomStruisbaai

The big day arrived. It's going to be a busy day. This morning have to make 500 mince jaffels at the Church Bazaar, then it's rugby. Glad the URC started.
Enzedder

Message from the ABs camp
FB_IMG_1698467451877.jpg
FB_IMG_1698467451877.jpg (17.45 KiB) Viewed 464 times
OomStruisbaai

It take two teams to make a great final. If you ask me which two teams I want in the final. It will always be this two teams.

Long may this continue.
Muttonbird

The South African fans are remarkably bullish about their chances, and the closer the game gets the more bullish they become. Something about the world is against us and we're most dangerous with our backs against the wall or some such crap.

Despite the emotional social media blitz from SA featuring white kids, I can't see anything having changed since last week: the ABs are on an upward trajectory and the Springboks downward.

The two teams have met three times in RWC knockout matches and the ABs lead that stat 2-1...
Muttonbird

Enzedder wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:38 am Pinched this from a Boer on Stalkbook
“This year’s Rugby World Cup Final will take place on Saturday between the rampant All Blacks and their traditional rivals, the Springboks.

The All Blacks stormed into yet another final with a try-fest as their star winger, and tournament-leading try scorer, ran in a hat trick of tries against their hapless opposition.

The Springboks, however, narrowly scraped through their rain-drenched semi-final, with a lone try ultimately deciding the result. Unconvincing at times throughout the tournament, the Springboks face a mighty challenge in trying to stop their much-favoured opponents this weekend.”

PS reading this you might think that they were talking about the RWC this year. This is about the 1995 Rugby World Cup…

Bizarre how history can repeat itself so accurately.
History is only repeating on some aspects. Other aspects where history is not repeating are; neutral venue, no Nelson Mandela, corruption largely erased from the game, better drug testing, and better hotel kitchen security.
OomStruisbaai

Good time to walk away from this thread. Move on to the cricket
Gumboot

Hands up all the Kiwis who are staying up all night to watch us play Australia...

Once upon a time, rugby and cricket had distinct "seasons". It's a bit weird that we're at the point where the sports' world cups now collide every four years.
Gumboot

Grandpa wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 8:43 am Last All Blacks game...

Dane Coles (Though not picked for final)
Retallick
Whitelock
Frizell
Cane (I don't think he'll feature under Razor)
Smith
Mounga (3 years in Japan)
Beaudan Barrett
Nepo Laulala
Ofa
Leicester F
Ardie Savea (Japan for a sabbatical)

So a new start next year...
Farewell to the Class of 2012

Also: Julian Savea, Luke Romano, Charlie Faumuina and Tawera Kerr-Barlow.

Not a bad vintage.
Enzedder

Gumboot wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:08 am Hands up all the Kiwis who are staying up all night to watch us play Australia...

Once upon a time, rugby and cricket had distinct "seasons". It's a bit weird that we're at the point where the sports' world cups now collide every four years.
Nah, We have a mental block against those kants - just hope we don't get them in the semis (assuming we make it)
Muttonbird

Gumboot

Band of Barretts?
Sandstorm

Muttonbird wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:41 am Image
Scott going high on both.
Jethro

OomStruisbaai wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:28 am Good time to walk away from this thread. Move on to the cricket
I was gonna do that but the Caps are playing the dastardly Aussies, we will certainly cock that game up :crazy:

Actually relaxed about the Saffa game, didn't expect to get past the quarters, so all bonus from here. :clap:
Gumboot

Jethro wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:24 amActually relaxed about the Saffa game, didn't expect to get past the quarters, so all bonus from here. :clap:
Same.
Chilli

Let's hope for a game with no cards and minimal influence from the ref.

A Bok win would be the cream on top.
Jethro

Chilli wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:27 am Let's hope for a game with no cards and minimal influence from the ref.

A Bok loss would be the cream on top.
Fixed for you :thumbup:

Agreement with the first statement, but Barnes will Barnes
Gumboot

Also, no injuries please. Let's hope we can enjoy watching all these greats at their absolute best.
_Os_

Muttonbird wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:19 am The South African fans are remarkably bullish about their chances, and the closer the game gets the more bullish they become. Something about the world is against us and we're most dangerous with our backs against the wall or some such crap.

Despite the emotional social media blitz from SA featuring white kids, I can't see anything having changed since last week: the ABs are on an upward trajectory and the Springboks downward.

The two teams have met three times in RWC knockout matches and the ABs lead that stat 2-1...
:lol:

Like the confidence. But what is your answer to the masterplan?

_Os_

Looking through the ages of the Bok players, there's quite a few probably not going to the next RWC but they still have some gas in the tank. Duane is the one that is definitely on his last match for the Boks, reminds me of Os before the 2007 final, Os was a mobile tackling/carrying human wrecking ball for one last time and produced his match of the tournament.
Attachments
Duane.png
Duane.png (470.4 KiB) Viewed 347 times