The Official English Rugby Thread

Where goats go to escape
Paddington Bear

Kawazaki wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:13 pm
Paddington Bear wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:11 pm … and again. Didn’t draw the man properly in his desperation to put LRZ in
That's a bit harsh!
Don’t think so. Passed a good three paces or so before he needed to
Old men forget: yet all shall be forgot, But he'll remember with advantages, What feats he did that day
Raggs

Niegs wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:05 pm That's probably the shittest maul I've ever seen. I'm not so up on ref interpretations, but looks daft that three Exeter players could be bound on the Glos side of things.
As long as they joined legally, and didn't swim up, it doesn't matter where they are. Sometimes it's a bit useless being at the back because you can't push/pull as powerfully, but if you've got mates stopping momentum at the front, it's useful because they can't ge tthe ball out.
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Niegs

Raggs wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:21 pm
Niegs wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:05 pm That's probably the shittest maul I've ever seen. I'm not so up on ref interpretations, but looks daft that three Exeter players could be bound on the Glos side of things.
As long as they joined legally, and didn't swim up, it doesn't matter where they are. Sometimes it's a bit useless being at the back because you can't push/pull as powerfully, but if you've got mates stopping momentum at the front, it's useful because they can't ge tthe ball out.
That makes sense, cheers. I guess its just like a big 'choke' tackle. Didn't change bind, rolled around naturally, not needed to get out to stop the drive.
Paddington Bear

You’ve got to have the ball in the hands of the hindmost man in the maul! Madness
Old men forget: yet all shall be forgot, But he'll remember with advantages, What feats he did that day
Paddington Bear

Gloucester can only blame themselves for that
ASMO

Jesus the Gloucester starting 9 was utterly appalingly bad
Niegs

There's another one that just doesn't look right. Ball at the back, Armand just lounging at the back. :lolno:

But why not send in a couple of backs to peel them off and keep the drive alive? Shit management.
sockwithaticket

ASMO wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:29 pm Jesus the Gloucester starting 9 was utterly appalingly bad
There's a reason Irish released him.
Raggs

Niegs wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:30 pm There's another one that just doesn't look right. Ball at the back, Armand just lounging at the back. :lolno:

But why not send in a couple of backs to peel them off and keep the drive alive? Shit management.
You're technically not allowed to pull people out of the ruck. Just poor management by Glaws really, they're rolling around, but not generating enough forward momentum after doing so. If you start going forwards, those people at the back start getting out quick because they need to get to the front to push again.
Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Niegs

Raggs wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:32 pm
Niegs wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:30 pm There's another one that just doesn't look right. Ball at the back, Armand just lounging at the back. :lolno:

You're technically not allowed to pull people out of the ruck. Just poor management by Glaws really, they're rolling around, but not generating enough forward momentum after doing so. If you start going forwards, those people at the back start getting out quick because they need to get to the front to push again.
Right, that's what I meant. Big boy like Twelvetrees drive in on Armand and slice him off, keep the momentum going.
Tichtheid

Armand did change his bind as the maul went down, it was plain as day
Kawazaki

Big error by LRZ cost Gloucester that match. Not sure why he hadn't 'pendulumed' across to his left further as he was way out of position and then the knock-on.
Madness

ASMO wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:29 pm Jesus the Gloucester starting 9 was utterly appalingly bad
Got to agree that was a terrible performance by him, what is going on with the Glos No9s? Released Heinz, let Simpson go on loan and now have this joker who is killing any attaching intent.
JM2K6

Exeter have this bizarre habit of making space out wide but having a lock/frontrower/blindside out there so it goes nowhere.
Kawazaki

Just looking at the fixtures this morning and in particular Bath. If they don't beat Wasps at home today then when will their next win come?

Fixtures to the end of 2021;

Wasps H
Leicester A
Gloucester (PC) A
Exeter H
Northampton A
Leinster (EC) A
La Rochelle (EC) H
Gloucester H
Exeter (PC) H

Also, what is the point of the Premiership Rugby Cup?
Raggs

Has someone here found a streaming site that actually carries all the games? I've only found links for the BT sport shown ones so far.
ASMO

Raggs wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:37 am Has someone here found a streaming site that actually carries all the games? I've only found links for the BT sport shown ones so far.
https://www.vipbox.lc/rugby-live
sockwithaticket

Kawazaki wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:58 am Just looking at the fixtures this morning and in particular Bath. If they don't beat Wasps at home today then when will their next win come?

Wasps H
Leicester A
Gloucester (PC) A
Exeter H
Northampton A
Leinster (EC) A
La Rochelle (EC) H
Gloucester H
Exeter (PC) H

Ostensibly to reduce the number of Prem rounds lost during the international period and give opportunities to rest frontline players.

They've completely bollocksed the structure, though. 2 rounds in November, one at the end of December and then 2 more in March before knockouts in April.

All the pool games should be out of the way during the Autumn Window and then the knockouts should be played during the 6 Nations, not least so that it remains a competition not for the frontline players.
Raggs

ASMO wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:13 am
Raggs wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:37 am Has someone here found a streaming site that actually carries all the games? I've only found links for the BT sport shown ones so far.
Does it actually have all the games? Or does it show them, then not actually have any but the BT one when it's time to go live?
sockwithaticket

Will that actually have legit links to the non-televised games, though?

It feels like I've been round all the usual sources and most don't even say they've got them, those that do either need to sign up to something that looks proper dodge or the link is just for a stream of the televised game.
Dinsdale Piranha

sockwithaticket wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:33 am

It feels like I've been round all the usual sources and most don't even say they've got them, those that do either need to sign up to something that looks proper dodge or the link is just for a stream of the televised game.
For various definitions of legit :lol:

It usually has all the games - quality can be variable. Here's what it claims to have today :

sockwithaticket

Dinsdale Piranha wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:07 am

It usually has all the games - quality can be variable. Here's what it claims to have today :

:lol: Yeah, probably no the best choice of word.

Guess we'll see. As much as I like a good midlands derby, I do really want to watch Wasps in real time.
Margin__Walker

https://vk.com/rugbyonsofa

You can thank me later
SaintK

Kawazaki wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:58 am Just looking at the fixtures this morning and in particular Bath. If they don't beat Wasps at home today then when will their next win come?

Wasps H
Leicester A
Gloucester (PC) A
Exeter H
Northampton A
Leinster (EC) A
La Rochelle (EC) H
Gloucester H
Exeter (PC) H

Bath have announced that Edward Griffiths is joining them on a short term consultancy basis to assist Tarquin Macdonald and Stuart Hooper in a strategic review and to identify areas of improvement :lol: :lol:
Simple really.Getrid of Macdonald and Hooper and get an experienced management team in.
Kawazaki

SaintK wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:22 am

Wasps H
Leicester A
Gloucester (PC) A
Exeter H
Northampton A
Leinster (EC) A
La Rochelle (EC) H
Gloucester H
Exeter (PC) H

Bath have announced that Edward Griffiths is joining them on a short term consultancy basis to assist Tarquin Macdonald and Stuart Hooper in a strategic review and to identify areas of improvement :lol: :lol:
Simple really.Getrid of Macdonald and Hooper and get an experienced management team in.

There's actually a real person called Tarquin?

Jesus wept :oops:
ASMO

sockwithaticket wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:14 am
Dinsdale Piranha wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:07 am

:lol: Yeah, probably no the best choice of word.

Guess we'll see. As much as I like a good midlands derby, I do really want to watch Wasps in real time.
Never had an issue with quality HD links give HD content
Raggs

Margin__Walker wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:32 am https://vk.com/rugbyonsofa

You can thank me later
Thank you.
sockwithaticket

Margin__Walker wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:32 am https://vk.com/rugbyonsofa

You can thank me later
:thumbup:
Marylandolorian

Watching Saints Tigers, why Biggar is playing (like Rees Zammit yesterday) when the welsh are playing the AB today?
sockwithaticket

Marylandolorian wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:23 pm Watching Saints Tigers, why Biggar is playing (like Rees Zammit yesterday) when the welsh are playing the AB today?
Because the test is outside of the international window, consequently it's not covered by regulation 9 and clubs don't have to release players.

The RFU pays PRL for extra access to England players, the WRU are welcome to do the same. Thus far they've elected not to.
Dinsdale Piranha

Marylandolorian wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:23 pm Watching Saints Tigers, why Biggar is playing (like Rees Zammit yesterday) when the welsh are playing the AB today?
Outside Autumn international window so no release clause with English clubs.
Raggs

Robson's groin has gone again. He's off, Porter on. They need to get Robson right asap, but not worth risking him needlessly for future games till he's 100%.
sockwithaticket

Raggs wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:29 pm Robson's groin has gone again. He's off, Porter on. They need to get Robson right asap, but not worth risking him needlessly for future games till he's 100%.
Shit. I missed him actually going off, only registered Porter during his impressive break.

Yeah, Robson's too important to risk rushing back. Give him the time he needs.
Oxbow

Bonus point for Leicester before half time at Saints :oops:
SaintK

Oxbow wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:44 pm Bonus point for Leicester before half time at Saints :oops:
Error after error from Saints. Tigers winning most of the collisions. and looking the better organised team.
Margin__Walker

Odd LI Bristol Game.

LI were 0 - 19 down after less than 20 minutes. One maul and two long range breakouts in quick succession from Bristol. LI have actually had a lot more of the ball though and the half finishes at 12 - 19. Bristol with 3 men in the bin.
sockwithaticket

Margin__Walker wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:52 pm Odd LI Bristol Game.

LI were 0 - 19 down after less than 20 minutes. One maul and two long range breakouts in quick succession from Bristol. LI have actually had a lot more of the ball though and the half finishes at 12 - 19. Bristol with 3 men in the bin.
:wtf: What?
Marylandolorian

Thanks guys, it's what I thought but wasn't completely sure
Margin__Walker

sockwithaticket wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:53 pm

Yep, down to 12. Two yellows for multiple infringements in the red zone and one for a deliberate knock on. All in the Bristol 22. They've been under a ton of pressure. Think time may be up on the last yellow for the start of the second half.
sockwithaticket

Bath - Wasps can be characterised mostly by each team making errors in the opposition 22
Margin__Walker wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:56 pm
sockwithaticket wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:53 pm

Yep, down to 12. Two yellows for multiple infringements in the red zone and one for a deliberate knock on. All in the Bristol 22. They've been under a ton of pressure. Think time may be up on the last yellow for the start of the second half.
Blimey. Well, hopefully that speaks to pressure that will continue to tell on the scoreboard for Irish.